• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Thankfully we were using three phones this morning. First line got in almost immediately and was booking our last event when it was disconnected - no confirmation numbers yet!

Second line was in the queue from the start and had about a 20-minute wait - reserved the two most important events and asked to get those locked in. We discussed that we didn't get a call back from the first line that was disconnected, and we were told that the policy on the WDW-FEST line is to not call people back. The CM was reading off the second confirmation number when...you guessed it...disconnected on the second line! Fortunately, that CM mentioned that she would call us back after we told her about the first call being disconnected, and she did within about 5 minutes. So we were able to get that second confirmation number.

Third line was also in the queue from the start and had about a 35-minute wait - went through around the time the second line was disconnected. Booked the other six events and was about to book the other one that we were waiting on, but that's when the second CM called back. Whew!

I never book with just one phone...way too risky!

All of the following were available this morning:
  • Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining (Flying Fish Cafe, Oct. 15)
  • Party for the Senses, Wine View Lounge (Oct. 3)
  • Parisian Breakfast (Sep. 26)
  • Parisian Afternoon (Oct. 10)
  • French Family Meal Traditions (Nov. 8)
  • The Hibachi Experience (Sep. 29)
  • Italian Regional Food and Wine Pairing Luncheon (Oct. 12)
  • Mexican Tequila Lunch (Nov. 14)

I'm through. Not able to book Premium Package. They are trying to fix it in the system.

My agent told me basically the same thing: Gift bag in room that will include a bottle of wine, themed magic band, and a sampling credential. Exclusive areas around the world showcase. She says, however, that it's a choice between the Sparkling Illuminations Party or a Culinary/Wine demo.

Dialing back in to try again... I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.

That's a little better than what was reported before. Wonder how they're going to handle the demo reservations and choice of day for the sampling. They'd have to schedule that now, too, I would think. Hmmmm......

got through in about 20 minutes. First choice of parisian breakfast oct 31 sold out out, got nov 7. thank you excellent CM Philip Rivers for taking time out of your busy training camp schedule to help me.

LOL!

I have now been hold over 60 minutes. I am giving them about 20 more minutes and just giving up. I know that I got the dreaded "Disney lost phone queue" Tuesday I used two phones, but wasn't that dedicated today and think it's a sign I shouldn't do Parisian Afternoon on the same day as PFTS anyway.

Have fun everyone!

And as soon as I hit "post" I got through. So it's done now... This will be an interesting day

Got my Parisian Breakfast on October 10th. Asked about the Culinary demo I booked on Tuesday since it never showed in MDE and I don't have the confirmation number and she said nothing came up under my name or email. But my credit card has been charged for it by golly.

Called right at 7am this morning & was quoted a 17 minute wait, which was more like 15 minutes. I got Chefs de France with Eat to the Beat Concert on 11/9 & the Festival Tasting Sampler for the following day. So excited!!!

Got through with about 28 minute wait. Got the Parisian Breakfast on 9/26, Japanese Craft Beer Tasting on 11/11, and Festival Sampler on 11/10. I think I'll get the premium package but I need to figure out the dates. The cast member was very helpful and had details to read. The Premium package includes the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party, a Sampler credential, a Beverage seminar, a culinary demo, and the gift bag of goodies (Sorry I don't know what is in the bag.) The package doesn't require a hotel booking and can be picked up at Festival Center. It runs Monday-Thursday.

wow! my CM Belinda Long told me something a little different! if all 3 events were included, that might make up for the $199 price tag... MIGHT!

I'm so jealous of everyone. I got in after 25 minutes wait and was told no availability of any kind for 10/24 party or Regional lunch but more might be released later. To call back. Guess he was right. Now back on hold 70 minute wait time.

Told 76 minutes it took 64 I got the sampler on 11/2 and the Premium Package has been pulled and can not be booked

This is absurd. I was in queue to try again on the premium package but I'm giving up and will check back later. I've never heard of any company making it so hard to give them your money! Of course we vote with our feet and I will absolutely be trying again later...

For what it's worth, I do think the premium package will be a good value for us even without the $50 gift card. The sampler and the culinary demo/beverage seminar will be slightly less monetary value than the gift card + late night live, but they are reasonable substitutions in my opinion. It allocates a little more value to the reserved access premium areas - basically happy with these options. Now let me book them!!!

wow! my CM Belinda Long told me something a little different! if all 3 events were included, that might make up for the $199 price tag... MIGHT!
I remembered the earlier post, and specifically asked the CM. She read it again and said her sheet definitely says "or." There's a bit of a price difference between a $49 dessert party and a $15 deminar, and I asked her about that. (She was done with me, and ready to move on.) She said you get one or the other.

That doesn't mean I believe it, though. LOL

Tale as old as time sung by flys???

LOL! You heard "Beauty and the Bees" from the pre-show at "It's Tough to be a Bug!". If you haven't spent a serious amount of time in that attraction pre show reading and listening to all it offers, you are missing some humorous stuff. And don't miss out on the poster advertising the stink bug named "Clair de Room".

123 minute wait picked up after 70 minutes. Previous poster was correct in assuming that people getting through ended up also hanging up 2nd phone, shortening wait times. Yay! Managed to get Japanese Beer Tasting!

After a 50 minute wait, I was able to book the Premium package. I did get a confirmation number and it's showing in MDE. The CM told me that we had to pick up our credentials as the festival center, so will they be in the room?? Who the heck knows ;)

The reserved seating for PFTS for 10/3 was sold out :(

Tasting sampler already sold out for 10/19. My expected 2 hour wait ended up being 75 minutes....but sampler was gone and premium not available yet. Waste. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter