• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Got through with about 28 minute wait. Got the Parisian Breakfast on 9/26, Japanese Craft Beer Tasting on 11/11, and Festival Sampler on 11/10. I think I'll get the premium package but I need to figure out the dates. The cast member was very helpful and had details to read. The Premium package includes the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party, a Sampler credential, a Beverage seminar, a culinary demo, and the gift bag of goodies (Sorry I don't know what is in the bag.) The package doesn't require a hotel booking and can be picked up at Festival Center. It runs Monday-Thursday.
This is what I feared, the dreaded sickly sweet Dessert Party which I will never attend in my lifetime. Really liked the package last year but it's now a pass.

31 minutes until i got a CM. not bad! here's what she (Belinda Long) read to me that is being offered in the Premium Package for $199/pp: gift bag including: bottle of wine, wine glass, magic band & sampler entitlement that allows access to areas where CMs will bring food to me (in a nutshell). also includes admission to ONE of the following: Sparkling Illuminations Dessert Party/Culinary Demo/Beverage Demo. She said M-Th but then said that i could book the Dessert party on a Wed/Fri/Sat. huh? now i'm waiting as she tries to figure out if the Premium Package is limited to weekdays or anytime???

now there's an issue with booking the Premium Package.... no longer in the system.... aaaackkkkk! she doesn't know when i can call back to purchase the package.

i also asked for clarification that there's no longer a $50 gift card in the gift bag which she said is correct & not mentioned in her info packet. :confused: hm, this is quickly losing value since the Dessert Party is clearly more value than a $15 culinary/beverage demo.

started calling at 6:59 and got through right at 7, was quoted a 25 minute wait (which was actually around 20!), but then the 11/12 sampler and 11/16 Italian Regional Luncheon weren't showing as available- i'm hoping her system just wasn't loaded- i'll try again in a few hours, when the phone lines have hopefully recovered a bit.

This is what I feared, the dreaded sickly sweet Dessert Party which I will never attend in my lifetime. Really liked the package last year but it's now a pass.

Same here! The massed produced dessert party is a deal breaker for the Premium Package. Plus, one person in my party is diabetic. I've already booked the culinary demonstrations I want and don't want to take up extra time in my park schedule to add others.

OMG, I am so excited! We were quoted a 55 minute wait and go through in 45 minutes. And we got everything we wanted! 10/17 - PFTS with Wine View Lounge, 10/15 - Flying Fish Signature Dinner, 10/14 - Italian Regional Lunch, 10/16 - Italian Regional Lunch (yes, we really like doing it twice!).

My CM was very helpful but started by insisting that she needed a room reservation number which of course I did not have in front of me. If you have a room reservation, have your number ready when you finally get through.

It's going to be a good day!

58 minute hold time was actually 45 minutes. Got the two things I wanted: PFTS on 10/24 reserved seating and the Jiko signature dinner on 10/22. I am a happy, happy camper today. Thank you nice and efficient cast member Barbara.

Also sounds like the new Premium Pkg is purchased for 1 day only, no access to reserved eating areas over a few days as it was last year.

Laura

Had no estimated wait time when I called right at 7, just went straight to hold music. Got in 35 minutes later and was able to book the Japanese Craft Beer Tasting for Oct. 21 and the Sampler Package on Oct. 19.

I'd previously booked two culinary demos and the Beer vs. Wine Pairing Lunch at Via Napoli during prebooking.

I'm through. Not able to book Premium Package. They are trying to fix it in the system.

My agent told me basically the same thing: Gift bag in room that will include a bottle of wine, themed magic band, and a sampling credential. Exclusive areas around the world showcase. She says, however, that it's a choice between the Sparkling Illuminations Party or a Culinary/Wine demo.

Dialing back in to try again... I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.

Got through after 50 minutes with an expected wait time of 74 minutes. Got 6 reserved seats for PFTS on 10/10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter