Epcot F&G - wristbands?

The Food & Wine cards started out with the coiled plastic wristband last year, but they broke so often that after the second day they had to replace them all with rubber bands. So it wasn't their idea to use rubber bands in the first place. Hopefully they have found a better supplier this time.

The Food & Wine cards started out with the coiled plastic wristband last year, but they broke so often that after the second day they had to replace them all with rubber bands. So it wasn't their idea to use rubber bands in the first place. Hopefully they have found a better supplier this time.

Oh, I didn't know that! I only used mine for one day, but it held up fine. I plan to make a second visit to try all the things I couldn't fit in last week, so if I do that I'll use the band again. It seems to be pretty durable.

Can I get a F&G gift card and purchase it with a gift card? I know its kind of funny but the little wrist one will work better for around WS, plus they are adorable. :flower3:

Poohbug said:
Can I get a F&G gift card and purchase it with a gift card? I know its kind of funny but the little wrist one will work better for around WS, plus they are adorable. :flower3:

At DL, you can't buy a gift card with a gift card, it is probably the same at WDW. If staying on property, you can charge the gift card to your KTTW card and then apply the original gift card to your account balance at your resort.

It is the same at WDW. You cannot load a Disney gift card using another Disney gift card.

LauraLouLovesPooh said:
These sound so convenient and cool! Are they only offered at the food and wine festival?

Available at Food and Wine and also at Flower and Garden!

At DL, you can't buy a gift card with a gift card, it is probably the same at WDW. If staying on property, you can charge the gift card to your KTTW card and then apply the original gift card to your account balance at your resort.

If you are staying on property, you can buy it with your room key and then use your gift cards to help pay off your room charges. We have done this.

Please help me understand - other than the cuteness, how is this more convenient than charging to KTTW card (assuming RFID hasn't replaced them yet)?

StillWorldlyWise said:
Please help me understand - other than the cuteness, how is this more convenient than charging to KTTW card (assuming RFID hasn't replaced them yet)?

Many locals frequent F&W and F&G so the convenience of having the card handy is the draw. Also remember, many are also drinking around the world at the same time so Disney is catering to their ease of spending.

Would anyone who is going mind picking one up for me? It would be much appreciated! I can PayPal you directly!

I'd be happy to send you one! PM me with details - I'd prefer an alternative to PayPal, but I do have an account :goodvibes

The convenience is that it's on a wristband, so you don't have to constantly take out your wallet/dig through your bag or pocket as you visit different kiosks in the WS. I can also see how it would be good for those who want to give older kids/teens a gift card for spending money while they do their own thing in the parks away from Mom and Dad.

The current card, with the butterfly perched on Mickey's nose, is by far the cutest design yet! Soo adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter