Epcot F&G - wristbands?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by parkhopping, Mar 6, 2013.

1. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Does anyone know if this year's F&G fest will offer the mini gift cards on a wristband like F&W does? My Googling didn't turn anything up.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Nobody has said they are. and I know of several persons, a number of which are involved with Disney-related websites or blogs, who are there right now, and none of them have reported any such thing.

There is a specially designed Flower & Garden gift card that I have seen photos of -but it is not on a wristband, it's a regular sized gift card.

4. parkhopping

Thanks. I think I might still have mine from F&W somewhere so I'll try to dig it up. Figured it would be nice to have for walking around the booths. I'm going on Saturday, so if they do happen to be offered but not yet reported I'll be sure to let everyone know :)

5. auntfrannie

auntfrannie DIS Veteran

6. parkhopping

7. Bothepro24

Bothepro24 Mouseketeer

I would think with the move to the new RFID system that the wristbands would be kept for those staying in resort properties

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Not if it's a gift card, and the link does indeed display a wristbanded gift card.

The Magic Bands they are talking about implementing are an entirely different thing from using a gift card.

When it all comes together, those using Magic Bands will probably not need to also carry a gift card unless that is what they really want to do.

9. SEC71

SEC71 Mouseketeer

I am so glad someone asked this and that Disney is offering this. Now I don't have to try to find my old F & W one!

10. CoopTroop6

CoopTroop6 Dreaming of Dole Whips...

11. krayzmelmel

krayzmelmel Mouseketeer

They are definitely marketing them at the parks..... When we went on Friday the festival stores had walls of them hanging, and there were samples of them attached to every umbrella of each country's booth!

12. Mommy2TwoMickeys

Mommy2TwoMickeys DIS Veteran

I just saw them last week!!!

13. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

I've never used these before. Do you have to buy the gift card, and then load money onto it, or is it free and you load money onto it?

14. Cee

Cee DIS Veteran

We go to Food & Wine and get these wristbands which make everything so easy. Just load it up and keep re-loading! We are attending the Flower and Garden Festival in May and can't wait to get this new wristlet and sample all the goodies at the different kiosks(Dole Whip w/Rum!). It's turning into a mini-Food&Wine Festival. LOVE IT. :thumbsup2

15. krayzmelmel

krayzmelmel Mouseketeer

It's one of the very few things that's free! Well except for the money you out into it :P. Mu husband and I put $50 on it, shared what I wanted to try, and had some left over for the next time :-D

16. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

You have to put at least $5 on it when you "buy" it. That's the only "charge" associated with it.

17. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

if a dis'er here would get me one and mail it, i would paypal them the money!! We are going in the fall and this would be super to have... i think i have one from the waterpark, but the design on this one is too cute!

18. parkhopping

I was able to get one of these for my F&G visit on Saturday. I purchased mine at the kiosk on the bridge to WS from FW, where they sell Mickey/Minnie ears. That's probably the most convenient place to pick one up if you're on your way. I also saw them for sale at the festival merchandise kiosks around WS and at the festival center. I found the spiral stretchy band to be much more comfortable than the rubber band used on the F&W ones! I also noticed that the wristband is attached to the card by a small binder clip; the band itself also comes apart. So you have options for attaching it to a keychain, lanyard, or bag if you'd prefer to carry it that way :goodvibes

I would be happy to send some to both of you! PM me with details :goodvibes

19. lstylr

lstylr Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they sell normal wristband gift cards at the parks (like just a plain Mickey gift card but mini and with the spiral wristband)? I found an old thread saying that they only sold them at the water parks but that was a year and a half ago and was wondering if this might have changed?

20. parkhopping

As far as I know, they are only available at the water parks and at Epcot during the Food & Wine Fest. They've been introduced at Epcot's Flower & Garden Fest this year, as well. But I've never seen them in any of the other parks, or at Epcot during non-festival times.

21. lstylr

lstylr Mouseketeer

Thank you