• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot dining

amazin101

Earning My Ears
:confused3I'm taveling to disney with 13yo grandaughter and am confused as to where to eat dinner at Epcot.......The princes dinner at norway or the Coral Reef?:confused3

Well there's lots of other fabulous options, but if those are the two final choices I guess go with what she likes better. Princesses or fish?

There are a lot of great places to eat in Epcot. It really depends what kind of food you are looking for. Coral Reef is good food great atmosphere and an awesome aquarium. Sorry don't have any princesses so can't speak for that one.

The first question is would she enjoy dinner with the Princesses? Some 13yo girls really get into that -- some hate it.

If not, that restaurant definitely isn't a favorite for food imho.

Coral Reef is always a family favorite of our due to the aquarium which is a lovely sight. The food there is up and down imho. We've had some fabulous meals there and some where I've sent 2 plates back as inedible and finally given up and just not eaten ---- and I'm not the type of person that EVER sends food back to the kitchen.

Favorite of my teens: Teppan Edo

The Coral Reef is a must do for every trip for us, we are doing a dinner there this year, we are doing a breakfast at Askershus with the princesses. I didnt think the food on the menu for dinner at Askershus looked to appealing, esp. for my husband who does not like "different" foods. But breakfast is breakfast, so thats why I chose that. Look at the menus for both restaurants and see what appeals to the 2 of you more.

Coral Reef is my favorite restaurant - love the atmosphere with the aquarium view & we've had great meals there. We have not done Akershus for dinner because the menu did not appeal to us - so I can't help you there.

If you are specifically looking for the Princesses, it's at the Norway pavilion at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. The cost increases throughout the day with breakfast being the lease expensive. I took my niece there but she was about 8.

The Coral Reef is like a restaurant with an aquarium in the middle. No princesses though.

I would say the Princess Dining would be great, if she like the princesses. Another option outside of the Princess Dining or the Coral Reef would be Teppan Edo -- we went a few years ago with a bunch of kids and they had a good time watching them cook.

Of the two restaurants that you mentioned I would probably go with Coral Reef unless you know that your granddaughter is still into princesses. Some 13 year old girls are beyond being charmed by princesses at that age. Depending on her taste in foods I'd also look into some other options like Chefs de France or as others have mentioned Teppan Edo.

The Coral Reef Restaurant provides a very unique dining experience. I haven't been there in awhile, but I recall that the food is pretty good. The ability to see the aquarium while eating is what makes for a memorable time. I recommend it very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter