Epcot Dining for toddler (2 years old)

monkistan

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I'm planning a last minute trip for the family, DW, DS2 and myself. Trying to figure out toddler friendly sit down restaurants for dinner. He eats everything. I'm not worried about the cuisine as much as the atmosphere.

Any thoughts on a family friendly sit down in Epcot that isn't Garden Grill (been there too much)? We're likely doing sunshine seasons for lunch.

TIA

We enjoyed Biergartern when we took our almost 2 year old in September. They have live music which my daughter loved and they have a dance floor we took her out on and she danced around so cute. Also it's a buffet which I enjoy with kids that age. Lots of variety and not having to wait long for the food. Food was decent I thought.

We are taking our 18 month old to Garden Grill because we've never been there, but my second choice would be Biergarten. Maybe we will go there on our next trip. Coral Reef would be good as well.

We enjoyed Garden Grill with our 2 year old b/c the food is brought to the table family-style and you don't need to get up like a buffet.... but he actually requests Biergarten. There's a lot to look at there, and when the band plays, all the kids can go down and dance.

Coral Reef is next on our list with him.

Coral Reef is good with kids. We went with my two boys 2 and 5 and they loved watching the fish. The only caveat would be if anyone gets sea sick easily. I do and so we asked to sit in the second tier a little farther from the tanks. I didn't have to stare at the water but the boys could watch easily. The food was good as I recall. Garden Grill is another possibility. It is family style, and has characters. It also spins and looks over the Land ride so that can be fun.

Both my kids love Biergarten. We've gone when DS was 3 and DD 7mo and when DS was 5 and DD 2. The atmosphere is loud (entertainingly loud, not obnoxiously loud, i.e., great for talkative toddlers), there's plenty to engage their attention, they can sing and dance, and most importantly- with the buffet, they can eat immediately.

Our kids loved the "hot dogs" and pretzel rolls at Biergarten. The 2 yo also liked Rose & Crown, the kid fish and chips, she liked the chips better but I didn't mind tasting her fish :) We should have gone with the bangers and mash though I think she would have eaten it all.

one problem with Coral Reef is if you are seated in an upper tier and not being able to go down to tank can be trouble with toddlers

Garden GRILL BABY!!!!
Mickey, Pluto and chip and dale.
Food is a family buffet at your table.
Roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, grilled sausages, awesome fresh salad grown in living with the land.
The strawberry shortcake for desert is also buffet and amazing.

The TS restaurant in Morocco is great with kids - nice and cool if it's hot out, and if you time it right they have a band and belly dancer which have always been a hit with our kiddo.

Our son also enjoys San Angel Inn (the one in the pyramid) - if you get there right at the start of lunch or dinner you can snag a table next to the water. With the volcano and boats full of Three Caballeros riders there is plenty to watch.

Beirgarten is good, but can feel hectic. I actually tended to avoid buffets when my son was younger because of the logistics of getting food and watching him.

The teppanyaki restaurant in Japan may also be a hit with your 2 year old. That specific location is no longer our preferred place for teppanyaki, but if you don't have teppanyaki options where you live, it's certainly worth the experience, and will keep everyone entertained and fed.

Will you have the DDP? My 2yo's favorite meal was Akershus because he loved flirting with the princesses. However, without the DDP, I feel like it's too expensive to pay OOP. He also LOVED dancing with the other kids at Biergarten. When he was 1, we took him to Coral Reef and he enjoyed that, too.

no DDP for us. And no availability for Akershus right now either. Going to try Coral Reef. Going to play everything by ear. i think, if that's not fun, we might just do QS morocco, their food is always good.

Via Napoli has great kid friendly food. It's open and airy and bright. And you don't have to worry about DS being on the loud side because its a conversation heavy atmosphere, if you get what i mean.

Biergarten. My DD ranked it right up there with Princess meals when she was a toddler and still does at age 10. At age 3, I think we saw her eat more there than at any other meal in her life and definitely more than any other meal at WDW (she was a picky eater). As a toddler, she loved the German Band and getting out on the dance floor.

Akershus is surprisingly fun and kid friendly, so hopefully a last minute spot opens up. We also liked Via Napoli, the sit-down restaurant at Morocco (we went when DD was just under 2 and she was out on the dance floor dancing up a storm!), and also the wine cave at Tutto Gusto (?) (the wine bar attached to the other Italian restaurant in Italy). And Garden Grille, but you've been there a lot, it sounds like.

we all got sick on the first day and didn't make any of our dinner arrangement. better luck next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter