English royalty in Disneyworld right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerkeys

official cookie taster
So, My husband & I are eating dinner this eve at the yachtsman steakhouse, when our server comes over & chats with us to start to wrap things up - he casually mentioned he now has to wait on Prince Philip of England ( the son ) & I was like ok right...Then he said, no really he's right over there ( couple of tables away ) it's the 1st time he's ever had to do royalty at the steakhouse! Low & behold, it WAS him! very cool.

They are staying club level at the yacht club, with the family, nannies & kids.... oh, and we found $40 on the ground while walking back from dropping my daughter off at the sandcastle club- a pretty cool night if I do say so myself!!

The only Prince Phillip is the one that's married to the queen. :confused3

Yep and until William and Kate have their baby, no one in the immediate royal family has a need for a nanny as all the children are grown.

Doesn't Edward have kids who are ages 10 & 6? They might need a Nannie.

And Anne (is she a Princess?) is married to a man with the last name of Philips. Maybe they have grandchildren? I'm not sure.

I'm sure our UK friends are rolling their eyes at our lack of knowledge! Lol!

tuckerkeys said:
So, My husband & I are eating dinner this eve at the yachtsman steakhouse, when our server comes over & chats with us to start to wrap things up - he casually mentioned he now has to wait on Prince Philip of England ( the son ) & I was like ok right...Then he said, no really he's right over there ( couple of tables away ) it's the 1st time he's ever had to do royalty at the steakhouse! Low & behold, it WAS him! very cool.

They are staying club level at the yacht club, with the family, nannies & kids.... oh, and we found $40 on the ground while walking back from dropping my daughter off at the sandcastle club- a pretty cool night if I do say so myself!!

wow... is he just dropping $20 bills in his path for the peasants?

What a cool story!

My MIL would of just fell over!!!!

Prince Edward has kids under 10.

Peter Phillips (princess Anne's son) has small kids, but he isn't a prince.

In any case, the waiter should probably learn some discretion. That's the sort of thing that can get him fired.

In any case, the waiter should probably learn some discretion. That's the sort of thing that can get him fired.

That's what I was thinking. And why was he telling the OP that they were staying CL??

I'm sure our UK friends are rolling their eyes at our lack of knowledge! Lol!

This made me chuckle!

Peter Phillips and his Canadian wife Autumn have young children but although he is the Queens Grandson he is not a prince - his mum married capt Mark Phillips who refused the title of Earl upon his marriage to Ann therefore effectively making his children commoners as titles pass down the male bloodline or did until recently.

They have a young family and lead pretty normal lives so it may have been them - not sure the waiter would / should have pointed them tho. I don't think they have security assigned to them so it wouldn't really be obvious otherwise.

If it had been the duke and duchess of Wessex with their young family it would have been much more noticeable due to security etc.

Or it could be someone pretending :-)

It sounds like Peter Philips the Queens Grandson, princess Anne's son.
He has a 2 and a 3yr old. They would have been there with nannies etc.
And he does look like William a little bit. :)

How did you know it was him (whoever it is you are talking about)?

I don't understand why every thread on here has to turn snarky. Really why couldn't you just say "glad you had a good evening" and leave it at that.

I don't understand why every thread on here has to turn snarky. Really why couldn't you just say "glad you had a good evening" and leave it at that.

I'm not seeing much snark, just people trying to figure out who was eating with the op

Yup! It was these folks - duke and duchess of Wessex...They had 1 security in a suit. He was at the entrance to the steakhouse. And I'm sure our waiter meant to say the son of Philip, but he told us prince philip..... Their little blond girl has ( sorry no way to be pc about this & I don't know how else to say this ) cross eyes.

He was excited & spilled the beans to us. We also met a family who is staying CL who told us all about it. Every CL guest was notified about it & asked to not take pictures or approach them in the lounge. Just to let them be. Pretty Cool! Sorry I'm not up on my English Royalty......

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest