"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

I had to lol on the tablet pictures phenomenon!! I started noticing that @ Lawson's preschool graduation last Spring.. Lol!! I was like what are these people doing?!

Love that Mickey shirt!

Bummer on EE being down!

Oooh I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! And yes gorillas are so freaking scary lol. They just sit there glaring at you and you know they are thinking "if I can find a way to hop over this barrier to the other side I am going to kill you all" lol.

Haha, I don't want to build it up too much, but lets just say it surprised me. Here's my thing about the gorillas. You run into the lion or tiger, BOOM, bite to the throat, done. But the gorillas. I think they would play with you for a while, just beating on you with those massive hands. Seriously... Terrifying.

Good on you getting your genius recognized by pointing out Avatar information! I love sharing my knowledge. And looking like I know everything. Really, they go hand in hand. :lmao:

What a cheetah sighting!!!!!

I ask myself all the time what is up with the iPad photographers! You look like a tool. And that particular person in your photo is more offensive, because they have the KEYBOARD HANGING OUT! Just....no. :rolleyes2

It's easily one of my favourite thing to do in Disney Dani. Granted there's the feeling of superiority that's always enjoyable, but more than that, I love helping people when thy are genuinely clueless.

AMAZING!!! Keep your eye out!

At this stage I'm still in the "point and laugh" period though I am creeping into the "slap and kick" period I think. OMG the keyboard. THAT was my favourite part!!

"Just once I'd like to see one of them jump into their tutu and dance ala Fantasia." BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CAN WE MAKE THIS HAPPEN??

Umm yes I am agreeing...pictures of hippos...eh...Giraffes.. YES

OMG I AM DYING :lmao: :rotfl:

"And yeah, well done with your tablet photo (I will never understand this phenomenon)." OMG SO MUCH YES
iPadography <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

How cool would that be???? I know Disney can figure this out.

I am so in love with watching giraffes. They're just so unique and cool.

Just when everybody thought there were no Cheetahs. You just have to look closer is all.

I really wish I could understand this, but I just never will. I'm live and let live, but just STAHP!!!!!

:)Hi Rob. Spent the better part of this weekend reading your TR. Time well spent. It was great! We checked in 12/27 and stayed through New Years week. The Christmas decorations are still up, and you can still see the Osborne lights. Nothing like seeing the Candlelight procession, dinner at France and the New Years eve fireworks at EPCOT. Love your other TR's as well. Looking forward for the updates.

Hello right back and WELCOME!!! So exciting to have a new reader. Thank you so much and I'm very glad it was worth the time so far. I think it's about to get even better honestly so stay tuned.

It must have been killing you to have your beloved EE down? But then again, the times before probably helped to take down the edge :P

I do love your shirt. It's classic and awesome.

Also, poor unsuspecting people who didn't know about Avatarland. I imagine that would be quite the shock. I am bummed about FOTLK being down so long though. On our trip it still won't be open and we've got two friends who have been dancing their whole lives and would super appreciate it and now we can't show them :(

Santa Goofy! I wish I got to meet him. Someday it's a goal to go during December to do all the Christmas stuff, since we only got a portion of it when we went in November.

Oh Amber it was very dissapointing, but yes, having the 8 rides before sure did help. Otherwise, I may have been a little upset. Plus, the day's not over yet. ;)

I LOVE that shirt. It's just so Mickey!!

Honestly, they didn't seem fazed by it at all. I know the FotLK shutdown is tough. That is truly a shame that your friends won't be able to experience it, especially being dancers. Maybe you and Marie can recreate it for them? I guess the bright side is they didn't close it permanently. Can you imagine the backlash if they had done that???

He was one of my main priorities for meets this trip no doubt. And when Disney gets into full Christmas swing, there's nothing like it anywhere.

I had to lol on the tablet pictures phenomenon!! I started noticing that @ Lawson's preschool graduation last Spring.. Lol!! I was like what are these people doing?!

Love that Mickey shirt!

Bummer on EE being down!

Oh Marcie I too am still in the laughing at it phase. It's just so comical to me. I expect as it continues to grow though, what I now find comical will quickly change to annoyance.

I LOVE THAT SHIRT TOO!!!!

It was, BUT, the day is still young. ;)

Oh Amber it was very dissapointing, but yes, having the 8 rides before sure did help. Otherwise, I may have been a little upset. Plus, the day's not over yet. ;)

I LOVE that shirt. It's just so Mickey!!

Honestly, they didn't seem fazed by it at all. I know the FotLK shutdown is tough. That is truly a shame that your friends won't be able to experience it, especially being dancers. Maybe you and Marie can recreate it for them? I guess the bright side is they didn't close it permanently. Can you imagine the backlash if they had done that???

He was one of my main priorities for meets this trip no doubt. And when Disney gets into full Christmas swing, there's nothing like it anywhere.

I don't think that Marie and I would be that great at recreating :P And I think they'd be so underwhelmed that we'd ruin it for them forever :rotfl2: So I don't want to risk it.

Ugh, don't even talk about it being closed forever. That'd be terrible and a waste of talent. But yeah, I guess it's good that it will be back up, I just wish that it would be back up faster, you know?

And I just found out that the Peoplemover will be down during our trip too! I mean, how terrible! Everyone loves the PeopleMover. It's like the best way to pass time and it's super awesome.

I so want to go back during Christmas season. I need to try and talk Marie into it. Maybe she'll be feeling better if I can pull a lottery win ;)

I don't think that Marie and I would be that great at recreating :P And I think they'd be so underwhelmed that we'd ruin it for them forever :rotfl2: So I don't want to risk it.

Ugh, don't even talk about it being closed forever. That'd be terrible and a waste of talent. But yeah, I guess it's good that it will be back up, I just wish that it would be back up faster, you know?

And I just found out that the Peoplemover will be down during our trip too! I mean, how terrible! Everyone loves the PeopleMover. It's like the best way to pass time and it's super awesome.

I so want to go back during Christmas season. I need to try and talk Marie into it. Maybe she'll be feeling better if I can pull a lottery win ;)

Haha fair enough. But then again, if they've never seen it, they wouldn't know the difference. :)

Yeah I totally get that. That's one thing I wish Disney did better and that's get stuff built in a shorter amount of time.

OH NO!!!!! No Peoplemover is not a good thing. I don't think I ever skip it on a trip. It would just feel wrong.

Lottery always helps, but I have to say, price wise during the time I was there was not bad at all. BUT... September ain't too shabby either ;)

HAVIN' A WILD (CHRISTMAS) TIME; BY LAND AND BY... LAGOON?
Day 5 – December 7, 2013 Part 2

Still in Asia but with no Everest to ride, I figured I may as well wander the other Animal Kingdom trail.

The genius of Disney is and always has been all the little details… Knowing how the dollar stacks up to the Rupee is critical info.

26.jpg

Also of note was the closure of Kali River Rapids.

27.jpg

I have no doubt that it seemed like a wonderful idea to refurb Kali at this time, not knowing that it was going to be 80+ degrees every day, but oh well.

Lets trek and sweat instead.

28.jpg

The next time you’re here I implore you to point and yell “GODZILLA!!!” and then run away.
Trust me; it’s a load of fun.

29.jpg

Even the bats were in the Christmas spirit.
Granted not much… but they’re bats… what do you expect?

30.jpg

31.jpg

I know the sign says that there are tigers present in the forest, but I saw none which has become pretty common for my treks lately.

32.jpg

Perhaps I should have looked “Under Those Trees.”

The surroundings and atmosphere of the trail is so good though, that even a lack of animals doesn’t completely spoil the experience.

33.jpg

While not the best trek I’ve ever had to be sure, that’s the beauty of Animal Kingdom, life, and boxes of chocolates…
Never knowing what you’re going to get.

Thankfully Animal Kingdom does always offer lots and lots of ambiance and awesome detailing.
Seriously, how many people probably look at the following statue and complain about the “maintenance issues” at AK.

34.jpg

35.jpg

As I continued my journey, I took a quick look across at the FotLK building progress.
Hmm, not much change here since my picture from arrival that morning.
C’mon Disney, get it done!

36.jpg

I was passing by the Adventurer’s Outpost (home of Mickey and Minnie) when a thought crossed my mind.
Perhaps they were meeting in some form of Holiday attire, so I inquired that very subject with the CM stationed outside, who confirmed my suspicions.

So I wasted no time chatting and moseyed inside to find… Absolutely No Line At All. Nada, Zip, Zilch.

In fact, there wasn’t even a CM inside,
So I just figured someone would be out shortly and took the opportunity to have a look at the wicked photos of Mickey and Minnie’s travels.

Of course, I still only took a photo of one of them like a dope.

37.jpg

They sure do get around, but I also got to wondering... Who took all the photos?
I suppose they could have set a timer on the camera, but I have my doubts on that, so the mystery continues.
Perhaps they have their very own Photopass Photographer.... Yeah I bet that's it.

A few groups eventually entered behind me, and after just a few minutes of waiting I was led inside to meet the mice.
You can have your prince and princess meets but these two will always be THE Prince and Princess to me.

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

I was super happy they were all Christmased up, and I also made sure not to leave before one more quick squeeze.

41.jpg

Character hugs rule.

The next stop was right nearby… The show that entertains me like no other.
Well, not the show itself (though I do enjoy it), but the audience.
This is one of my guilty pleasures and provides me with endless enjoyment as I watch and listen to the audience scream and squeal.

42.jpg

The nets that were installed a while back to protect us all from falling branches remain, and appear to be doing their job.

43.jpg

44.jpg

My entertainment began early for this particular showing as I overheard 2 teenage girls nearby exclaim as the doors to the theatre opened,

“Now rush in so we can get a good seat!”

Failing to realize that this isn’t general admission seating where you are allowed to simply grab your favorite seat,
My hope was that these girls ended up at the very end of a row, simply to add to my demented enjoyment of this show.

Of course this would be AFTER I’m sure they stopped in the middle of the row like so many do.
What part of “Move all the way down to the end” do people not get?
Disney Pet Peeve number 13454625412456453546.

The show was enjoyable as always in the most sinister way possible.

Upon leaving, hunger was setting in, but I figured I’d check in on Everest one more time just in case.

PRIORITIES!!

To my extreme excitement, it was running and my FP was in play.

45.jpg

I adore the following ride photo despite my being more or less cut off yet again.
Apart from me and the kid in the back, this has to be the most Zen ride crew ever, and I love that contrast so much.

WOOSAH, or perhaps "SERENITY NOW!!"

46.jpg

I left Everest and set out on my next mission… food.

I seriously can’t wait to stay here some day, but of course, “Next Season” in Disney-speak means 2035.

48.jpg

My lunch of choice today was Yak & Yeti QS.

49.jpg

I love this spot largely because it’s different than the normal QS food plus, it’s darn tasty, and you get A LOT of food.
The downside is the severe lack of seating (even for a pretty quiet day) and most of the seating is unsheltered.

Thankfully, my food was quite portable so I went mobile and I walked and walked looking for some place to sit.
I eventually ended up all the way here.

50.jpg

But that’s one of the great things about Disney... All the restaurants are "related" so you're free to take your food anywhere you like guilt free.

It was a nice relaxing break, but it was soon time to get moving again…

… I had a super show to attend, a very unexpected and rare character encounter, and some fabulous DISers to meet up with.

TO BE CONTINUED…

That EE picture is hilarious!! I laughed so hard. Four people apparently just on their usual daily commute to work, and then you and that kid rockin' it! So funny.

Oh, and the photos with Mickey and Minnie are priceless. I have not seen them in those outfits and they are really cute.

I took my 11-year-old niece to "It's Tough to Be a Bug" a few years back, without giving her any hints about what to expect. She was hysterical! Completely flipped out when the bees started stinging and I'd barely gotten her calmed down from that part when the bugs exited at the end... more hysterics! Anyway, there was a man behind us who was laughing so hard at her that he had tears running down his cheeks (which made her even madder). I picture you doing the same thing...

Teresa

Minnie and Mickey in those Christmas outfits are seriously the BEST!!! pixiedust: Love it!!!

That EE picture is too funny!!

I do love Kali....but you get SO wet, so we do skip it sometimes (unless we bring full body ponchos!)

By the way, are you about get to get a huge snowstorm? I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, and they were complaining about another round of snow here today (~2 inches!), and they said "it could be worse, we could be in Nova Scotia!" and talked about the storm heading your way next, and being a "meteorological bomb"! :laughing::laughing:

Haha, I don't want to build it up too much, but lets just say it surprised me. Here's my thing about the gorillas. You run into the lion or tiger, BOOM, bite to the throat, done. But the gorillas. I think they would play with you for a while, just beating on you with those massive hands. Seriously... Terrifying.

:lmao: you have put quite some thought into this! I just think that they look at us like we are stupid and if they ever get the chance they will definitely tear us limb from limb. It also freaks me out just how much they look like people.

Very cool animal photos!

I'm sure Mickey and Minnie's Adventures by Disney guide snaps photos of them. Shameless promotion!!

CHRISTMAS SWEATERS!!!! How cute are they? And you've even got the big guy on your shirt.

That ride picture is great. The guy in the black shirt looks downright bored.

I love the theming of Animal Kingdom. It's hard to take a bad picture in that park.

Mickey and Minnie look pretty dapper in those Christmas sweaters, I have to say. Glad you could get a picture of them wearing them.
I always love when it's both Mickey and Minnie, it's fun to watch them interact with each other.

That EE photo is hilarious! Man, you would never have guessed those folks were on a roller coaster. Like, they almost downright bored, like they're stuck in traffic or something.

Good to hear Yak and Yeti is a good quick service location and that it's best to transport it to another restaurant.

I love Animal Kingdom. Who am I kidding I love all of the parks.

I have to laugh at the people who don't "move all the way to the end of the row". What is so hard about following the rules. Maybe they're the same ones who take pictures with their iPads and tablets...

I haven't seen that currency board before!

What a bummer that EE and Kali were both down, and you had a somewhat disappointing Jungle Trek.

And I am waiting to see your picture of Tony the Tiger magically appearing "Right under those trees"

We haven't eaten at the Yak & Yeti CS. Just Flame Tree and Tamu Tamu (and that really is a place even though nobody knows it is there)- the seating is really nice.

Too funny about ITTBAB! You hit the nail on the head- the best part of the attraction is the audience's reactions- crying and screaming. We took the boy in 2008. I think they were 10 and 7- I clued my husband into the effects but we didn't tell the boys. They won't go back.

And somehow I missed out on the mother of the year award that year!

Glad you got another go on Everest!

Very cute meet with the Main Mice!

Love your PP photo on Everest!! That is pretty funny! :laughing:

Great meet with the Christmas mice!!

No Kali? :sad1: Only because it was warm. Not a big fan usually as I always seem to be the one facing backwards as the raft goes downhill. And we ALL know what that means!!!

No Tigers?!!!!! :scared1: I wonder what tree they were hiding under that afternoon?

Great photos. Looking forward to the meets!

Fabulous updates!! MAN do I miss me some Animal Kingdom!
Love the stories, UGH, FOTLK THEATER WHY ARE YOU NOT DONE YET?!?!!?

…seriously though..

"under those trees" wow…I feel like that might become a new inside joke for future trips… :rotfl:

YES! UGH, the "matience issue" about that statue!! I was walking into AK one day solo and heard a middle aged woman complaining about the sidewalks and saying "you think disney would have the money to do something about all these cracks…" …DERP…lady…it's part of the themeing, just go with it!

Yay for characters being awesome and lines being non existant!

AHAHAHA that ride photo is the best! Like, clearly, the back row is experiencing something now one else is haha!!

Can't wait to read more!!

Yay!!! You did get to ride EE :).

Ugh, those people that stop mid-row because they want the best seats. Did you ever get "stuck" next to such people? Yup, I did. What's worse is that it looks like you are with them. I don't like to correct strangers so I didn't day anything. Just waited for them to realize. In the meantime, I looked like a rule breaker...

Reading along with your TR and realizing that I was clueless as to the adorable Christmasy Mickey and Minnie makes me so sad! Why did I not pay attention and see where those characters are located? :sad2: I'm going to blame the fact that we don't spend much time at AK park.

Looky there, the currency board included the Canadian dollar! How very nice of them to think of you!

Godzilla! :lmao:

Am I the only one that will say that bat needs a pair of underpants?:laughing: they usually have their big ole bat wings acting as a cape.

I believe there needs to be a rule that if you are in the front row of EE you need to show some excitement. Come on people you just escaped a Yeti!

So what's in that Yak & Yeti to-go container?

Love that the head mice were in their adorable matching Christmas Sweaters. So very festive. :)

I agree about the Gorilla's. Monkey's, Apes, Gorilla's, Orangutan's. Not a fan. I used to work at a zoo and every now and then I got the unfortunate assignment of having to work in the monkey house. Hated having to work in there. Stinky and being started at by the Male gorilla was scary. I used think one of these days he is going to get free.......

So happy that you got to ride EE. LOVE the ride picture, that is hilarious. The 4 guys are just chillin out like they are just riding in a car, no Yeti coming after them. :)

Godzilla!! :rotfl: I'm not sure I would have the guts to do that but I might have to think about it. Problem is I always go in cooler times and he's never out.

I did not know that Mickey and Minnie meet in Christmas attire. Definitely adding that to my list for my trip later this year!

I totally feel you pain on the pet peeve of people stopping in the middle. I know this is probably terrible but if someone does that in front of me, I will just crawl right over them making sure that I step on some feet as I'm going. That will show them, right? :rotfl:

Yeah for EE finally being open! That ride photo is hilarious. I swear the kid in black is about to fall asleep. I've never tried it but I read somewhere that they can adjust the photo so you can be seen more. You may want to try that next time.

Can't wait to see who the unexpected and rare character is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter