"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

I wish I had a badge that said "Proudly from Canadia!" I could sew onto my backpack for Germany!

Love the pics from courtneybelle, they rock.
Yes, I can totally see how that violin guy would be very distracting. ;)
That's a cool looking drink. Shame about the straw. Whenever I hear about something that should suck, and doesn't, get the giggles trying to think of an alternative interjection.
You think finding someone from Halifax is hard, try finding someone from anywhere in Cape Breton! :rotfl: Once I did, and It turned out I had graduated with her. :rotfl: Still, really cool to see a Nova Scotian working there!
Glad you got back for the last VOL performance!
Oh dear, what could possibly throw Rob off the Wishes trail? I have a guess. Some little girl who likes warm hugs, perchance?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

OMG thhat would be SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL Wendy!! Haha, can you imagine the crazy looks you'd get? She must be from Canadia... She can't spell.

Seriously right???? Just an unbelievably sweet gesture.
OMG he's so charismatic. I have no idea what it is.
It's good, but without the proper straw, it's a... challenge. This straw qualifies as non-sucking.
Haha, I'll bet. And that cracks me up as it really fits the stereotype. No lie, I've heard stories of people being from Nova Scotia in the States. When someone finds out they get the inevitable question. "You're from Nova Scotia? Then you must know Bill."
I'm so glad there was one last show. It's so funny that for as long as I avoided this, now I would have been upset if I only saw them once.
I will neither confirm nor deny anything at this point ;)

Lovely update!

We ALWAYS go into the Canada pavillion looking for people from Alberta, and NEVER find any, so back in May, Jenna decided she was going to put on an accent and be all "tell me about your country...." and the first nametag we saw was from Okotoks.....NOPE. And EVERYONE down at the merch stand was from AB, weirdest thing ever!!

Glad you made it back to see VOL again! And sucky about the straw (bahahaha...not intentional i swear!)

Thanks Katt!

I'm glad you said that because I figured I can't possible be the only one. OMG I need to do that now. Pretend I'm from some weird foreign land (that's not Canadia, lol) so I can hear what they say. I have a feeling there will be another Alberta name tag there in the near future though. Not sure why...

Oh me too. Bahahaha, nice one!

I think it was kind of ironic that they make "the American Dream" hard to swallow!

It must be exciting to meet someone from Nova Scotia! You are a very committed WDW fan to have an annual pass and live so far! Will's family on his mom's side is from Newfoundland and she always talks about what a long journey it is to get there!

Your last day is coming to a close! :sad2: Stretch is out for us as long as you can!

:rotfl2: Truth. Nobody ever said it'd be easy.

It was super exciting Elena. Honestly, 2 trips in a year and I'm WAY ahead, so it really makes financial sense. Plus... it's :cool2:. Oh Lord, from Newfoundland, yes indeed. A lot has to do to with all the extra stopovers. It's a journey. And also, THAT IS SO AWESOME Will's fam are Newfies. My entire family on my mothers side are as well.

It is, but, I actually have been stretching. So I have a bit more to go yet.

I'm eager to read about the rest of your last day sooner rather than later!

Don't worry, it won't be too long. Just need to build some drama first, lol.

First off...Courtney, you're AWESOME!! :love:

I don't blame you for being enthralled, that violin player is amazing to watch. You can't help but tune everything out and watch him on the strings! :lmao:

Sorry for the straw troubles. I probably would have just opened the top and stuck my whole face in. That's what you do when your straw doesn't work... Right?

Seriously right??!! That really did make my whole day. Such a sweetheart. Three of my fav characters (including Courtney).

I'll be honest. I had no idea there was even other performers until I posted the pictures. :rolleyes1

Haha, it really was my own fault, and I certainly could have found a bigger straw. But I pretty much did what you said. Open the top, and have at it.

That was very thoughtful of Courtney ... I love things like that because it doesn't cost anything monetarily but just the thoughtfulness and that it was an action just for you makes it super special

So, did that saw suck, blow, both, or neither? :rotfl2: Glad there was another show for you to see though and that you enjoyed the second one as well.

Cool that you found someone from the same part of Canadia as you! Bet it made her day as well.

Ooooh, that was a solid tease at the end there

Super thoughtful Phil. And honestly WAY better than anything monetary. You know the adage of it's the thought that counts. I really do live by that and this was proof positive.

Ah, none of the above. I would have been devastated if I didn't get to see them again. They are AWESOME!

After years and years and years it finally happened. This was the perfect trip.

Hey, we are getting close to the end. I have to stretch just a bit.

Ummm...what is the American Dream? I've never had one either. Looks like ice cream with strawberry and blueberry? Guess I'll have to try one next time I go.

It's cool that you met someone from your hometown! One of my daughters and I walked up to order dinner at the Tomorrowland Terrace and all of the sudden my daughter was yelling a name at the girl that was about to take our order and the girl was yelling her name. Turns out they went to school together. You gotta love that!

Way to leave us hangin' btw! :furious: :rotfl:

That is pretty much it exactly. Frozen Strawberry, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Frozen Blue Raspberry Slush. It's super tasty.

It was so great to FINALLY have this happen. But your story totally trumps that. Actually seeing someone working that you went to school with is pretty darn amazing.

Hehe, I have to do it from time to time. Actually, it's kind of my thing. Always leave them wanting... But I tend to reserve it for only the really special things.

Man, reading about your Voices of Liberty experience has me really wishing I could have seen them during my solo trip in October when they were taking a one week hiatus. Seriously, why do the need breaks even? ;)

The selfie that one of the VoL CM took is just perfect. The perfect angle. The perfect lighting. He's done that a few times before. :rotfl:

Oh my Lord, they are a Do Not Miss for me anymore Dave. Heavenly. Well, I guess on occasion they need to rest those pipes. They sing their faces off.

He was pretty impressive. And he was quick too. Even the selfie's I prepare for still suck.

Nice cliffhanger!

And LOL @ you being enthralled with the violin guy. I meant to quote that and simply insert :rotfl: as my comment, but I forgot to quote. Ha.

Voices of Liberty officially added to My List. And really, really awesome that you took the time to chat with them!

And YAY for meeting someone from your hometown!!!

Haha Thanks Sue.

Lets be real, how could I not be? He's just so darned charismatic.

Good to hear and you will not be disappointed. I had to meet some. Had to. And they are such lovely people too.

EXCITING!!!! I really have been searching for years.

It's always fun trying to remember where I left of... :rolleyes:

Oh my, I can't with the photos of Riley and Mickey and Santa Duffy :blush:

I find that to be the only downside to FPs...like princess fairytale hall. I've only ever been thru with a FP so I have NO idea what the gorg queue looks like. They spend SO much time putting in detail into those things and then whoops jk FP. Oh well ;P

"animatronically correct." OMG :rotfl2:

omg castle with lights AND refelction in the water

"And despite appearances, I swear I was not channeling Lindsay Lohan on a bender."
"And FYI, Donald apparently is the newest CM at the Canadian Pavilion in Epcot."

I SERIOUSLY CAN NOT WITH YOUR COMMENTARY :lmao: :rotfl2:

Gliding to tower, you are clear for take off.........

OH OH I just LOVE a good iPadography session!

Haha, if only there was a way to bookmark your last stop. Oh wait...

Is that not adorable??? I wasn't even there for it, but I had to share.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean Meg. I've missed quite a bit of the queues for things because if I can get a short wait, I'm taking it. But probably really missing out on some great things.

Imagineers will be using this, I just know it!

Awwww my fav!

I swear I don't know where I come up with this stuff. But it makes me smile to hear it's appreciated. :)

Oh Lord. why can't people get these names right? It's one word for God's sake!

Wow, I had no idea there was such a thing, lol.

Hi Rob!:goodvibes

I recently discovered your TR and just finished reading the entire thing! It has been so entertaining, and I have absolutely loved reading it so far! I will be heading back to WDW on Thursday, and your TR has gotten me even more excited. I will be taking my dear family friend's daughter (age 11) with me for her first WDW visit. I am so excited! Thank you so much for sharing your love of Disney with us readers!

Lauren

HELLO Lauren!!! Thank you SO MUCH for following along and a Very Merry WELCOME to you! My goodness, thank you for your lovely compliments. YAY for heading there in just a few days. I'll be heading to Niagara Falls the very next day. Oh you should be excited. She's the same age as Riley, and if she's anything at all like Riley you are going to have the time of your life. It's my joy to share, believe me. Thank YOU for reading.

GAH! You would just leave us hanging like that......"these are the days of our lives" lol :rolleyes: I have mixed emotions right now Rob. I am excited to see how it all ends but at the same time I don't want it to end. You report is like a really good book :goodvibes.

Glad to see that you made it back in time to the last Voices performance of the day! What a treat!! And speaking of how was the American Dream? I have wanted to try one for awhile now and never get around to it. Lol with the straw situation. DOH! That sounds like something that would happen to us. I was so happy to see that you got to meet someone from your home town!! What are the odds of that. It really is a small world after all. See what I did there?

Hehe, just like a good drama, you have to have a hook to keep 'em coming back. Plus, how awesome is the word "GAH"? Awww Jen, you are too sweet. I actually have mixed emotions as well. This being my fav trip ever, I really don't want it to end either. But there's still a bit to go PLUS a mini Niagara TR to come, so I'm not done yet! And who knows what the future may hold. :rolleyes1

I had to. Honestly, two times wasn't enough. I liked the American Dream. It's really tasty. But make sure you get a BIG STRAW!!!

OMG Jen, you really have no idea how long I've searched for a home towner. Years and years and years. To find one on this trip just seemed right. And then you went and spoiled it by referencing... that ride. :scared1: :rotfl:

Oh, a 2nd trip to see Voices of Liberty! AND consuming an American Dream.... We must make you an honorary American! It would include the pride without the annoying taxes! :thumbsup2 Although it looks as if Morocco caught your interest as well.

That was so sweet of Courtney to think of you during her trip! Such a sweetie! :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your last night....

I want to be an honorary (<--- see no "u") American!!! But don't even mention taxes until you've been in Canadia for a while. Our sales tax in Nova Scotia is... 15%!!!! :headache: Yes, I do enjoy Morocco. Such a lovely pavilion.

OMG Brenda, absolutely. I was so touched by that.

Oh yes. To say it was an adventure would be a HUGE understatement.

ROB!!!! You are too sweet to me. I'm honored to be one of your favorite characters. Seriously, I thought of you the second I saw Big Al and knew I had to get a pic to you right away. It was a no-brainer. I'm glad I could bring a little bit of magic to your day :goodvibes and thanks to my DIS pals for the kind words!!

And I said it before, but I really appreciate you letting me blow up your inbox over my vacation. You made me feel better about the less-than-magical moments of the trip and I'm so grateful. DIS friends for life!

Okay enough about me. On to the update!

Ah yes, the American Dream is a tricky one. Takes a lot of effort to accomplish...much like the actual American Dream.

YAY Nova Scotians! It's always fun seeing people who live near you out in the World.

So glad you got to see Voices again. I just watched a video of them singing A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes because that was one of my favorite moments of the trip. So unbelievably beautiful.

My newly acquired Duffy and I are on the edge of our seats!!! What on earth could make you miss Wishes?!

I am definitely making note that if I ever purchase the American Dream to make sure I have the right straw! Hope you still enjoyed it though :)

Yay for finding a fellow Nova Scotian!

Glad you got to see Voices of Liberty again!

Curious to hear about your last night!! Sounds like maybe the plans changed ;)

ROB!!!! You are too sweet to me. I'm honored to be one of your favorite characters. Seriously, I thought of you the second I saw Big Al and knew I had to get a pic to you right away. It was a no-brainer. I'm glad I could bring a little bit of magic to your day :goodvibes and thanks to my DIS pals for the kind words!!

And I said it before, but I really appreciate you letting me blow up your inbox over my vacation. You made me feel better about the less-than-magical moments of the trip and I'm so grateful. DIS friends for life!

Okay enough about me. On to the update!

Ah yes, the American Dream is a tricky one. Takes a lot of effort to accomplish...much like the actual American Dream.

YAY Nova Scotians! It's always fun seeing people who live near you out in the World.

So glad you got to see Voices again. I just watched a video of them singing A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes because that was one of my favorite moments of the trip. So unbelievably beautiful.

My newly acquired Duffy and I are on the edge of our seats!!! What on earth could make you miss Wishes?!

COURTNEY!!!!! Welcome back, but I know it sucks. Courtney, you didn't bring a little magic, you brought a WHOLE BUCKET LOAD! Words can't express how much that meant to me. There's not a ton of people who would take a moment out of his/her vacation to send a some pixie dust away. I will always love and appreciate that.

Awww :hug: Believe me, you in no way blew up the inbox. I was quite touched actually that you shared all that when things were less than magical (and rubbed it in when you were watching VoL, lol). If I was any help in any way, I am super happy for that. And hey, things turned out pretty good in the end. DIS friends 4 life 4 sure!

Haha truth. I should have just gotten a spoon. Which ironically I believe also works for the actual American Dream. Go figure.

This was the very first CM I've seen from my home town, so yes, a very exciting and monumental moment.

OMG I am so in love with them. I know you did and BTW, I want to see that video. Though I would probably have to watch in segments because :sad:

Hmmmm... interesting that you mention Duffy... :scratchin

I am definitely making note that if I ever purchase the American Dream to make sure I have the right straw! Hope you still enjoyed it though :)

Yay for finding a fellow Nova Scotian!

Glad you got to see Voices of Liberty again!

Curious to hear about your last night!! Sounds like maybe the plans changed ;)

I cannot recommend this more Alexis!!!! Either that or a spoon. But it IS worth the effort.

It was such an exciting moment for me. I really have been searching for YEARS!!!!

Oh me too. It's so strange that I would have been crushed if I missed them, yet I skipped it all these years. Never again.

It does sound like that doesn't it? Well, I'll just say... stay tuned.

More catching up to do!!

Gliding!? That made me laugh! :rotfl:

Very cool that you met Jess!! Why the barefeet though?? And very nice story about the pin....gotta love the spirit of the DIS! :)

Love all your Epcot detail shots! There is so much to see, it's nice to have time to take it all in! Voices of Liberty is now on my to-do list for our next trip! :lovestruc

Oh no!! The trip report is winding down... You must take another trip SOON! Speaking of which- we must talk about next February!!!!

Aw! That was so sweet of Courtney to send you those pictures!

How was the American Dream? I've been wanting to try one. I'll make sure we have the right straw to drink it though! ;)

So glad you were able to see Voices of Liberty again!

I sent you a PM about some touring plans for the trip in September... and I would LOVE your advice! :goodvibes

More catching up to do!!

Gliding!? That made me laugh! :rotfl:

Very cool that you met Jess!! Why the barefeet though?? And very nice story about the pin....gotta love the spirit of the DIS! :)

Love all your Epcot detail shots! There is so much to see, it's nice to have time to take it all in! Voices of Liberty is now on my to-do list for our next trip! :lovestruc

No worries Julie, I'll wait... All set? Ok.

OMG me too. There was (and often still is) a time when that type of thing infuriated me. But honestly, it's just too funny. Disney Snobs are we.

It was so cool. Just such a random thing. As for the bare feet... I got nuthin'. No idea. Aww thanks. This community has been so very good to me, the least I can do is pay it forward.

Thank you!! I just love walking the Showcase. There's always something new to discover. And YES!!!!!! Absolutely make VoL a priority. I really don't think you'll regret it. It is unreal.

Oh no!! The trip report is winding down... You must take another trip SOON! Speaking of which- we must talk about next February!!!!

It is, BUT, I'll have a bit to help extend it just a little. And there is another trip on the radar, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. And yes, next February is also on the radar. ;) Gotta get that Annual Pass in use.

Aw! That was so sweet of Courtney to send you those pictures!

How was the American Dream? I've been wanting to try one. I'll make sure we have the right straw to drink it though! ;)

So glad you were able to see Voices of Liberty again!

I sent you a PM about some touring plans for the trip in September... and I would LOVE your advice! :goodvibes

Oh I know, so unbelievably thoughtful. Just made my whole day.

I quite liked it Lauren. I don't know that it would be on a must do list, but certainly on a must try list. But yes, absolutely make sure to have a proper straw.

Me too. It was a close call too. Thank goodness they had that one more show. So worth the effort.

Oh sweet. Who knows... I may just be there too.

"SOME PEOPLE ARE WORTH MELTING FOR"
Day 9 – December 11, 2013 Part 4

I left a marvellous day at Epcot behind and was on the Monorail to Magic Kingdom for my beloved Wishes.
I elected to keep the car at Epcot rather than move it, and I would just go back there afterwards.

58.jpg

There is absolutely nothing that could stand in the way of me and Wishes at this time…

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I genuinely couldn't imagine a more perfect way to end what was truly the most amazing and magical trip I’ve ever had.

Then, on my ride over, I received a text from Carrie…

“Are you in Epcot by any chance?”

I replied that I had actually just left for Magic Kingdom and Wishes but also why she had asked.

The reply came and found its way directly to my very soul...

“Riley is asking for you”

My heart not only melted for what felt like the millionth time this trip, it completely liquefied,
And I never thought that a text that short could ever touch me that much.

I had been chatting with a woman and her husband on the ride over and telling them all about the trip.
I told them about the text I just received and the woman just simply looked at me, smiled, and said, “I think you’d better get back there!!”

I texted back that if they were staying for Illuminations (even though honestly it really didn’t matter), I’d come back.

“Riley says yes” was the reply.

So of course, I arrived at Magic Kingdom and then promptly boarded the Monorail BACK to Epcot.

59.jpg

So dear friends, if you've ever wondered what could possibly stand in the way of me and my beloved Wishes…

… Now you know.

melt.gif

After a seemingly endless journey,
I was back in Epcot and on my way to Germany where I was greeted with an Anaconda-like hug from Ry.
That kid is STRONG, but I figured they’re only ribs and I do have multiple.

We all got caught up on each other’s day, eventually sitting at a table with what looked to be a pretty good view of Illuminations.

I also have to point this out.
While we were sitting, Riley asked what we were doing, and Carrie told her we were waiting for Illuminations.
A lot of kids her age would probably become very whiny at this point, to just sit and basically do nothing for an hour.

Her only reply was, "OK".

But honestly, I didn't just want to sit there for an hour and neither, it turned out, did Carrie.
So, we walked to Norway for a ride on the high seas of Maelstrom.

60.jpg

60a.jpg

(photo courtesy of Carrie)

And after that, I actually agreed to ride Gran Fiesta Tour, something I hadn’t done for around 7 years.
And you know what, I enjoyed it.

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

Rather than walk back to where we started, we continued into World Showcase Plaza where, even just minutes before Illuminations,
There was still plenty of room behind the store and pretty much dead center for the show.

I also need to point something unbelievable out here, as I’ve been someone that preaches courtesy at WDW,
But common courtesy seems to be even less common than no line for Anna and Elsa.

There was this little girl who was sitting right up at the railing.
Honestly she was so tiny, there was no way she could possibly block anybody’s view.

But when Illuminations started, this tiny little child started to rise, but then took a look back behind her,
And noticing that almost everyone had remained seated, chose to sit back down while most adults around her chose to stand up,
Just as a courtesy so that we could all see the show.

It was such a subtle thing that I’m sure most people would never have noticed, but I did,
Because it was simply one of the sweetest and kindest gestures I’d ever seen.

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

For me, Illuminations will never be Wishes, but on this night, it was absolutely perfect.

After the show, we slowly made our way towards the exit for what would be the last time.

76.jpg

We arrived at the front of the park and this time was Goodbye for sure as I was leaving the next day.

But before that, I made sure this time to get one more photo since I had totally blanked at the end of the night before at MVMCP.
They were the only things I have regrets about on this trip.... Not getting more DISer photos.

First, Ry took a photo of Carrie and me.

77.jpg

And then Carrie took one of Riley and me,

78.jpg

Not only do I adore them, but these pictures really remind me about how truly magical this trip was,
And about ALL the unbelievable connections and friendships I was so blessed to have made.
It's no surprise why this trip is my favourite ever.

I also look at these photos (and in particular the final one coming up),
And I remember how nervous I was to have a DISmeet with someone who had a kid with her merely two night's prior.

Taken directly from that update...

"I won't lie; I was a little nervous this time.
Not for the DISmeet, as I knew based on our prior exchanges that Carrie was going to be wonderful.
But by adding a kid into the mix, a pre-teen no less, I just wasn't sure how she would take to a stranger.

Even though Carrie and I were looking forward to meeting, I didn’t want it to be at the expense of her daughter’s fun,
Nor did I want to interfere in their mother/daughter time.
So, if I sensed she was even a little uncomfortable (or bored) having a stranger around, I would simply and politely excuse myself.

But I also took it as a challenge of sorts...
This would be the first time I'd ever done anything Disney with an actual kid.
And since kids deserve to have the best Disney experience possible,
I was determined to try and do everything I could to help make that happen."

I guess I need not have worried quite so much.

79.jpg

Every time I see that photo reminds me how much Disney has enriched my life with such amazing lifelong friendships, wonderful memories,
And one very special little girl.

We sadly said our final goodbyes and once they were out of sight, I, once again, got completely teared up.
I still had one more thing I needed to do though, and it was almost a carbon copy of the night before.

TO BE CONTINUED…

What a fantastic end to a last day and to a trip too! I am so glad that you were able to be reunited with Carrie and Riley one last time before going back home. :goodvibes and I also know that getting to see them again soon for the trip coming up will be an amazing reunion! I do really hope that you choose to write a TR for you trip even if it's not technically Disney....it has Disney loving people in it and that counts right?

DAWWW I had a feeling Riley would bring you back. There are always more times you can see Wishes, but when a little girl asks for you, you GO!

And the Olaf gif :love: he's my favorite.

FIESTA HOY!

That is so sweet of that little girl. She has more courtesy than many adults at WDW.

THAT LAST PICTURE. I'm tearing up. I really honestly am. I just love this community so much. To be able to have a memory like that with someone you had just met is what's so magical about Disney. Just. WOW.

Oh my! What a sweet picture of you and Riley! Wishes is amazing, but hard to top that feeling of a warm hug (Olaf would agree!).

It does sound like the perfect ending to an incredible visit! You will need to make it back soon to see Wishes a few more times so you are not Wishes-deficient! Maybe a fall trip to see Hallowishes!

That is so sweet that Riley wanted to see you one last time. What an impact you guys had on each other. :goodvibes No wishes...well, some things are well worth it!

That little girl that sat down so she would not be in the way...you go girl!! :worship: Manners are something that is sorely lacking in some people nowadays and she did awesome. :woohoo: parents! When we were at Disney last Christmas, my son opened the door and let us and a bunch of other people through. We just stepped aside and waited until everyone was in and then a man walked up to me and wanted to compliment me on my son's manners. I can't tell you how good that felt that someone noticed so I am really glad you were appreciative. :thumbsup2

It sounds like y'all had a great time together once again. I am so happy that you guys found each other and I can't wait to hear about the trip y'all have planned! What an excellent way to end the nights in the parks.

OMG is it Friday yet?? I just need you to get here already!!! I swear you left a little piece of your heart behind that night and it now has a home in Ontario. Riley is going to be super happy as will I when we finally get to see you again.How have we survived? I honestly don't know.Also this is the only secret I've ever kept from her for this long.It's been so hard but is so worth it !!!we'll never forget that last trip and I don't think future trips will ever compare,unless of course you're there!!!Please just get here safe so we can squish your guts!!!!!Oh and I'll just say sorry now for how I'll look friday am because i know I won't get much sleep the night before I'll be too pumped!Awesome TR as always and obviously my fave one so far!

What an awesome last day you had! It's wonderful that you were able to have another goodbye with Carrie and Riley!

Those last pictures are definitely worth melting for. Great way to end your trip and also thanks for the Voices recap. A must see for my family this Dec!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter