• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

SANTA DUFFY! So precious, and so sweet of you to get Riley a gift :goodvibes

BAHAHAHA such official documentation. I can't.

OH MY GOSH. New favorite DIS friendship. I remember that Tink pin, so sweet that Carrie brought it for you!

Red card souvenir!

Love the sign for your dad. You think of everything with those signs!

i'm so glad that you like the pin and I was happy to give it to you over a "stranger" anyways because at least I know it has a good home now LOL PLus we both have it YAYYY
Riley's Santa duffy is never very far away trust me same with the xmas mickey n minnie ball stuffies,both girls love them .I just can't wait until we are re-united :)

I think you should have held the post-it note up to the MB scanner before the ride. Sir, sir, we don't accept post-it notes!

What a delightful gift exchange! I never noticed Duffy's feet have Mickey Heads. This definitely makes him more adorable!

Such a sweet idea for your dad! My dad would love that too!

LOVE your paper FP! :rotfl2: It's so crazy that they can't give you any back up-especially since the system is still prone to flaws.

How sweet is that gift? And I love that you thought to get something for Riley. She seems like a very special young lady. I love how thoughtful you were upon meeting her. You're a gem Rob!:thumbsup2

Missing your updates! :laundy:

So, so cute the pin, bear, Buzz photo, most especially Happy B-day Dad! :love:

Now did you say this MVMCP party was sold out?

Thanks for the camera info, I did end up buying the newer model, of course yours is long gone.

I'll be waiting.....:tink:

Oh that is becoming my biggest pet peeve about Disney is the people raising their arms and blocking people in pics.
Nice Osborne light pics.
Surprise Dismeet is good.
LOL. Nice pic she took of you.
Sounds like a magical evening.
What a nice gift. I did not know Jelly Belly put out Disney ones.
Nice message to your Dad.

I really love how official that FP printout is. I mean, you go to any ride and show them that and BOOM! Problem solved!
A lovely exchange between you and Carrie/Riley! I remember those pins. I have to say, I miss the year(s) of a million dreams. It was a really nice concept! Love the picture for your dad's birthday, a great way to honour him for introducing you to the magic! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

"Year of a Million Dreams," otherwise known to me as the best deals I've ever gotten with resort, dining and tickets because the economy was in the toilet! Great memories and glad that you were able to get that special pin.

So can we all do our own FastPass+ now? Mine will be epic next trip!

Love your gift to Riley and your sign for your dad made me a little misty.

I have one of those pins! We were given them to us by a cast member in 2007. One of my favorite souvenirs!

You photographing the locker makes a little sense - you have to remember what number it is, right? I do that with my room numbers.

Wait, I think the locker number is on the key ...

That's a pretty high tech way to keep track of your FP+ ;)

Ugh never fun when every other bus is coming except the one you need!

Aww what a sweet gift from Carrie & Riley, and an even sweeter gift that you purchased for Riley!

Thank you for sharing that story about your parents :goodvibes Glad you were able to commemorate your Dad's birthday at the park!

Aww, I love that pin. We got them in Dec 2006, the year my daughter passed away. She was my little Tinkerbell so that pin is super special to me. :love:

Love the Santa Duffy. :santa: He is so cute! How wonderful that you all bonded so well. Disney friends are the best.

That paper fastpass is one for the scrapbooks! :rotfl2: It's awesome.

I swear I'm trying to update my own reports! I need more hours in a day! :rotfl2:

That FP post-it is clearly the latest in magic band technology.

Aw your gifts to each other are so sweet! :goodvibes

aw, that is such a nice present you got from Riley and her mom! Remembering about you mentioning your interest in that pin and that they brought it is really just so sweet! ... and I am sure Riley appreciated you remembering that she had a fondness for Duffy

That is be best FP- ever! I wonder if that works for ADR's too. "Um, I understand your computer doesn't show my ADR but I am sure this post-in note is enough to get me into Be Our Guest at 6pm for dinner, thank you kind sir."

Very sweet to commemorate your dad's birthday like that.

What a great way to remember your dad on his birthday, especially he introduced you to so many great memories at Disney World! That's awesome!

I love your gift from Riley. How sweet! So glad you all got to spend more time together. So much fun! :thumbsup2

Thanks Mary Ellen. I thought he would get a kick out of it in front of the castle and all. And it really was appropriate since I was so lucky to go there so often as a child. It was a second home growing up.

Me Too. It was so great to spend some more time together. And stay tuned for the next mini-update for more on that.

What a sweet gift exchange! Love the sentiment on both sides! :flower3:

And, what a nice birthday message to your Dad! :goodvibes

Thanks Julie. I loved all my stuff. And I think Duffy was a hit too.

Aww thank you. It was absolutely necessary since I couldn't be there.

Okay that is too cute. TOO CUTE I tell you. The Duffy, the pin, the birthday button. I'm dying here of the cuteness.

Way to go though forgetting to give the card. Now the whole system is messed up. How do you even sleep at night? The shame.

And back to the cuteness with the picture for your Dad. So sweet. I hope you called him too to wish him a happy birthday over the phone ;) Not that I doubt you, you probably did. I forgot to take a picture in May on Mothers Day for my mom, so you're ahead of me in good child points :thumbsup2

Oh yeah, we were bleeding cuteness this day, that is for sure.

I was so embarrassed, honestly. As someone who prides himself on his Disney knowledge AND who takes the wait card VERY SERIOUSLY, this was a disaster. I was having so much fun that my mind just was focused on the task at hand. But that's still no excuse.

Thanks Amber, I had to it. You know, I actually didn't call, but only because my phone is a company phone and they might frown on long distance and roaming. It's bad enough all the texting I did, lol. I don't want to push my luck.

OMG, such a sweet gift! So absolutely perfect.

Hmmmm. Can't print it out? Well that's just bizarre.

You definitely got a great gift too! So awesome.

Thanks Danielle. It was an easy choice when I saw it. I knew he was perfect.

I thought that was weird too. How is that even possible?

OMG I did. I don't collect pins, but this one is pretty special, and I'm honoured to have it.

SANTA DUFFY! So precious, and so sweet of you to get Riley a gift :goodvibes

BAHAHAHA such official documentation. I can't.

OH MY GOSH. New favorite DIS friendship. I remember that Tink pin, so sweet that Carrie brought it for you!

Red card souvenir!

Love the sign for your dad. You think of everything with those signs!

You know Courtney, I pretty much knew I would be getting something within the first hour of meeting. And Santa Duffy was absolutely perfect.

See, a basic printout, while useful, would be boring for a TR. But a hand written post-it? Pure Gold!

I love that pin. It really does represent a great friendship born of Disney and DISboards.

Haha, I did turn it in... just really really late.

It was just the perfect scenerio. I had nothing planned, it was his birthday, I was in Disney... Perfect!

i'm so glad that you like the pin and I was happy to give it to you over a "stranger" anyways because at least I know it has a good home now LOL PLus we both have it YAYYY
Riley's Santa duffy is never very far away trust me same with the xmas mickey n minnie ball stuffies,both girls love them .I just can't wait until we are re-united :)

Well you know I love the pin Carrie. It definitely has a good home.
AWWWWWWWW... I was so happy that Duffy (and all the other stuff) was such a hit. And yes, I'm sure we'll all see each other again some time. ;)

I think you should have held the post-it note up to the MB scanner before the ride. Sir, sir, we don't accept post-it notes!

What a delightful gift exchange! I never noticed Duffy's feet have Mickey Heads. This definitely makes him more adorable!

Such a sweet idea for your dad! My dad would love that too!

OMG that would have been epic!!! I absolutely should have tried that.

Delightul indeed. Yup, Mickey Heads everywhere... even his face. He is super precious.

Aww thanks Elena. He did love it.

That was such a nice birthday wish for your dad. :goodvibes

Do your parents still go to WDW?

Thanks Sue. Since I wasn't home, I needed to do something and this just seemed right.

They haven't been back since the 2009 trip. I was actually trying to get them to come on this trip, but my father just wasn't feeling up to it. I am hopeful to have at least one more though.

LOVE your paper FP! :rotfl2: It's so crazy that they can't give you any back up-especially since the system is still prone to flaws.

How sweet is that gift? And I love that you thought to get something for Riley. She seems like a very special young lady. I love how thoughtful you were upon meeting her. You're a gem Rob!:thumbsup2

OMG Shannon, this was just the best. The entertainment was so worth the uselessness of it. But yeah, I still don't understand why the real thing couldn't be printed. Very bizarre. Don't worry though, I came up with another solution.

Incredibly sweet Shannon. I loved it. And I knew I wanted to get something for Ry within an hour of meeting. She is VERY special for sure. Aww gee... THANK YOU!!

Missing your updates! :laundy:

So, so cute the pin, bear, Buzz photo, most especially Happy B-day Dad! :love:

Now did you say this MVMCP party was sold out?

Thanks for the camera info, I did end up buying the newer model, of course yours is long gone.

I'll be waiting.....:tink:

Aww, thank you.

There was a lot of cuteness oozing out that day without a doubt.

My first party on the 6th was a sell out, but I don't believe this one was.

Awesome. I think you'll love it.

:)

Oh that is becoming my biggest pet peeve about Disney is the people raising their arms and blocking people in pics.
Nice Osborne light pics.
Surprise Dismeet is good.
LOL. Nice pic she took of you.
Sounds like a magical evening.
What a nice gift. I did not know Jelly Belly put out Disney ones.
Nice message to your Dad.

Haha, I remember you saying that Scott. It has become one of mine as well.
Thank you!
I think so. And this one was really good.
Haha, I think that actually helped break the ice a lot.
Magical indeed.
I love it. Yes, they sure do.
Thank you!!

I really love how official that FP printout is. I mean, you go to any ride and show them that and BOOM! Problem solved!
A lovely exchange between you and Carrie/Riley! I remember those pins. I have to say, I miss the year(s) of a million dreams. It was a really nice concept! Love the picture for your dad's birthday, a great way to honour him for introducing you to the magic! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh yeah, it's indisputable. How could an attraction CM possibly refuse it?
It was wonderful Wendy. I miss that promotion too. It was far and away the best one I think and nothing has compared since. Thanks. I had to do something for his birthday, and this just seemed perfect.

"Year of a Million Dreams," otherwise known to me as the best deals I've ever gotten with resort, dining and tickets because the economy was in the toilet! Great memories and glad that you were able to get that special pin.

So can we all do our own FastPass+ now? Mine will be epic next trip!

Love your gift to Riley and your sign for your dad made me a little misty.

Haha, good point Annie. I loved that promotion too. It really felt like something which makes it especially nice to have that special pin.

Bahahaha, I'm thinking... no. Can you imagine the chaos though?

Aww thank you Annie on both counts.

I have one of those pins! We were given them to us by a cast member in 2007. One of my favorite souvenirs!

You photographing the locker makes a little sense - you have to remember what number it is, right? I do that with my room numbers.

Wait, I think the locker number is on the key ...

Oh wow, that's cool. It's a great pin.

Haha, I thought about that, with the key having the locker number on it too. Of course, having the picture would be needed if I lost the key, so maybe that's what I was thinking. Yeah, I'll go with that.

That's a pretty high tech way to keep track of your FP+ ;)

Ugh never fun when every other bus is coming except the one you need!

Aww what a sweet gift from Carrie & Riley, and an even sweeter gift that you purchased for Riley!

Thank you for sharing that story about your parents :goodvibes Glad you were able to commemorate your Dad's birthday at the park!

And everyone thought $2 Billion was too much. With technology like that, it all makes sense.

It was so surreal, like a cosmic joke. Not so funny at the time, but actually kinda funny now.

I know I loved it. And that Duffy just needed to go home with Riley.

Alexis, coming from someone who still shares those trips with her parents, that means a lot to me. The castle photo just made sense to me.

Aww, I love that pin. We got them in Dec 2006, the year my daughter passed away. She was my little Tinkerbell so that pin is super special to me. :love:

Love the Santa Duffy. :santa: He is so cute! How wonderful that you all bonded so well. Disney friends are the best.

That paper fastpass is one for the scrapbooks! :rotfl2: It's awesome.

Oh my goodness Sherry, such a bittersweet story. I'm so very sorry for your loss. That is so beautiful to have that momento though. Thank you for sharing that. :goodvibes

And also, I think this is your first post here, so WELCOME!!! I'm so very happy to have you join in.

He is a very special bear. I'm still amazed by the genuine friendships created on this trip.

OMG right??? That was just the best. God Bless her for trying though.

I swear I'm trying to update my own reports! I need more hours in a day! :rotfl2:

That FP post-it is clearly the latest in magic band technology.

Aw your gifts to each other are so sweet! :goodvibes

Haha, I know. I just could not resist.

Oh without a doubt. Now we all know where all that money went.

Thanks Courtney. Lots of sugar being spread this day. :)

Awe such a nice gesture on their part, and on your part. :)

Oh it sure was. My part was absolutely necessary.

aw, that is such a nice present you got from Riley and her mom! Remembering about you mentioning your interest in that pin and that they brought it is really just so sweet! ... and I am sure Riley appreciated you remembering that she had a fondness for Duffy

That is be best FP- ever! I wonder if that works for ADR's too. "Um, I understand your computer doesn't show my ADR but I am sure this post-in note is enough to get me into Be Our Guest at 6pm for dinner, thank you kind sir."

Very sweet to commemorate your dad's birthday like that.

Thanks Phil. That Duffy was perfect I think. OMG I love that pin. Such a nice gesture. Oh yes, I think she did.

OMG can you even imagine??? That would be something for sure. I mean lets be real. It was extremely official looking.

Aww thank you. It literally was the least I could do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter