"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

A PRE TRIP REPORT... OF A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SORT

Hi Friends. :wave2:

From time to time I like to chuck in a little Real Life update into my Trip Reports when I feel it's worth mentioning.

No, I don't have a Disney trip booked... Yet.
I initially had a plan, which may still happen, but I have a much bigger plan in my head now,
And I will share that if/when things progress.

Nonetheless, this feels like a good spot since it relates to the last couple of Trip Report updates, so I thought I’d share.

Since I've been home, I've stayed in touch with Carrie and Riley via messages, texts, FB, etc.
Riley has even borrowed her mom's phone (with permission I should add) to text me a few times,
To tell me that she misses me which just warms my heart to no end.

I've also received a few items via our "good friends" at Canada Post from Carrie and Riley.
The first thing to arrive was something I had been wanting for what feels like forever...

pk1.jpg

My very own "No Dancing" pin.

I'm not a pin collector, but this pin caught my attention from the very first moment I knew it existed.
To say I was ecstatic would be the understatement of the year, and I was so touched that Carrie would send this to me,
Along with this lovely note.

nt.jpg

A couple months later, another package arrived.

pk2.jpg

pk3.jpg

I'll just include what I posted on FB with those pictures, since I think it describes everything perfectly.

Mickey Mail in the form of Jelly Beans (Thank you Carrie I honestly do LOVE Jelly Beans),
Bean Boozled Jelly Beans (Thank you Hailey) with included special "flavours" , and last, but certainly not least,
a wonderful and MUCH LOVED rainbow loom bracelet made by Ry.
I absolutely love it and will wear it with pride!!! And now I finally understand, "pick your 2 favourite colours". <3

Hailey is Carrie's other daughter, who I haven't even met, yet she picked out the Bean Boozled Jelly Beans for me.
Well, the Jelly Beans lasted all of one night, but the bracelet is a part of my ensemble each and every day.

I call it my American Express bracelet… I never leave home without it!

I’ve also sent some packages the other way just so you all don’t think this is a one sided exchange.

The first was the following shirt.

pk4.jpg

I had gotten the one pictured as my first Christmas present of the year.
When I posted that photo on FB, Riley commented "That is cute i need to get me one of those shirts!"
So of course, I promptly went out and bought one and sent it away.

The package included something for Hailey and Carrie as well, but I don't have any photos.

Recently I sent up some more stuff for the girls...

pk5.jpg

(photo courtesy of Carrie)

Riley's a big Darth Vader fan, so when I saw this shirt, I HAD to get it.
On the left are personalized balloons, and on the right are Hello Kitty beach balls.

In fact, I have a few items for everyone ready to go right now, but I figure, I may just as well wait and deliver them in person.

Oh, did I fail to mention that?

There is something I’ve always wanted to see, plus I really wanted a summer getaway this year.

nf01.jpg

nf02.jpg

And guess who lives mere minutes away from Niagara Falls?
So, yup, long story short, I have booked a short trip for this coming July to Niagara Falls, Ontario.

After working through the main details with Carrie, I booked a flight and hotel and I arrive in Toronto on the morning of July 18.
I have a rental car waiting for me, so I’ll then drive down to the Niagara Falls area.

Carrie’s hubby is going to drop Carrie and the girls off in the area on his way to work to meet up with me.

But perhaps the best part of all and where things REALLY get interesting and hopefully really fun…

Riley has NO IDEA!

I didn’t know it at the time when I booked, but Carrie decided not to tell her that I’m coming.
In her own words via text,
“Yeah, I’m not telling Riley. We will just go to the falls n be like oh someone’s coming look and there u’ll be, lol.”

In fact, it was only a couple of weeks ago that Carrie messaged me to say,
“Riley just said ‘I wonder when I will see Rob again’ and I said I didn’t know, lol. She’s gonna be excited in July”

That really got me excited as this will all be a big (and hopefully good) surprise and I’m so hopeful it all plays out as planned.
I messaged Carrie to make sure Riley wouldn't see this post because I do not want to spoil the surprise.
I can’t wait to see them again, and I’m really looking forward to spending a couple of days in the area.

After those couple of days, the current plan is to all drive up to Vaughan (Carrie’s hubby has booked a day off to come too)
To spend the day at…

cw01.jpg

cw02.jpg

cw03.jpg

This is another place I’ve always wanted to visit, so I’m really looking forward to it.
I know it’s not Disney, but I do expect it will still be a fun day.

We’ll all spend the night nearby in a local hotel and the next day may include a visit to…

tz01.jpg

Featuring…

tz02.jpg

We may also spend some time at the Vaughan Mills Mall, which has a Disney Store Outlet, so I’m totally on board with that. :mickeyjum

Regardless, after probably having dinner together, I’ll be staying over one more night while everyone else heads back home.
And the next morning I catch an early flight back home.

So there you have it, a short trip but one I’m really looking forward to, and one I really need.
If there’s enough material, perhaps I’ll post an update here as sort of a mini TR.

Finally, even though I want to say it more often,

:thanks: ALL SO MUCH for your continued involvement, support, and friendship.

You have no idea how much reading all your lovely comments and having you all share this journey means to me. :goodvibes

Rob - I think its great that you have become such good friends with Carrie and Riley! I love when true friendships turn out of DIS acquaintances. I think its really special because its cool to know you would have never met that person otherwise if it wasn't for the DIS.

Your upcoming trip sounds like a blast. Niagara Falls is beautiful. Maid of the Mist is cool, but if you cross over to the American side you should do the Cave of the Winds. There is something similar to it on the Canadian side, but the Cave of the Winds is the bomb! I'm not kidding. It's spectacular and scary all at the same time. I did it several years ago.

First you go down an elevator 200 ft. - its carved into the rock wall. Then you put on the ponchos and slippers and go out on the decking. It's spectacular (I said that already). There is one area that is right underneath the falls and I was way too chicken to stand there. I can't say enough about this attraction as I was truly blown away. And to think I almost opted out!

You are going to have a great time!

Awww, how awesome that you guys have been staying in touch.

YES! The "No Dancing" pin. We got one in our pin trader bag that we bought from Ebay.

Awesome! You're going to Niagara Falls to visit! That's going to be amazing, since Riley has no idea.

Thats awesome about seeing Riley and her family again! It is great that you have such a strong friendship.

You trip looks like it will be a ton of fun! (Even if its not Disney :laughing:)

What exciting plans to meet up with Carrie and the girls! I want to see video of that big reveal!!!! How awesome! You don't have too long to wait for that trip.

You know.... if you wanted to give Carrie a gift you could always come up with something Depp related. I hear he's gorgeous or something! (I'm sure her hubby will understand!) ;)

Riley is going to be blown away by this surprise. What a fun trip that will be! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. :goodvibes

Aw how awesome that you guys have a trip planned! That's gonna be a great surprise for Riley! You're gonna share some details and pictures with us right? :goodvibes

That's awesome!!! They have a pretty cool butterfly conservatory there too! Oh and wineries and chocolate factories!! The falls is amazing and there is so much to do in Toronto! Have a blast!!! Isn't it amazing what a combined Disney Love can bring to our lives?

Sounds like a good plan. We went to the falls last summer and had a blast. Can't wait to head back up that way.

That sounds like a great summer getaway! Good for you!

I love that you've become "real life friends" with so many Disers!

Very cool Rob! You're going to have your very own fan club! LOL :rotfl2:

Looks like so much fun, please post the result of the surprise. So cool! popcorn::

Great summer holiday. :woohoo:

You know, the relationships that you form through disney are just truly amazing and fantastic heart warming ones I tell ya! Kinda funny that we both have TR's from the same week involving some pretty heavy disney friends in them! So awesome!

This seriously (aside from the bus situation) looks like a fantastic morning in MK, also LOVE riley's dress! lol. it's super cute!! Love that you guys got each other resents and even more love that you're getting together up here, and surprising her! Can't say I've ever been out to the TO area aside from my interview (and to NB when I was still a toddler to see family) I do really want to get back out to the Maritimes at some point!!

Hope you have an amazing time!! :thumbsup2

That's awesome you're meeting up! I still think it's so wonderful how the DIS has brought people together like it has :)

YAY for summer vacations! :woohoo:

YAY for a reunion with Carrie and Riley! That's so great! Summer trips (with friends) are the very best... Can't wait to hear all about it.

As for you planning another Disney trip... I'll be there October 3 - 11. Just sayin. ;)

Lovely gifts you guys have been exchanging, it's so nice that you all have hit off so well and keep in close contact!

A trip to Niagara Falls, how awesome!! And how amazing that Riley has NO idea, she surely will be surprised! You all have so many fun things planned, I hope you will post a mini TR when you get back, would love to hear about it :)

What exciting plans to meet up with Carrie and the girls! I want to see video of that big reveal!!!! How awesome! You don't have too long to wait for that trip.

You know.... if you wanted to give Carrie a gift you could always come up with something Depp related. I hear he's gorgeous or something! (I'm sure her hubby will understand!) ;)

that just made my day a little brighter haha love it!

So excited for you and Carrie Ann! Of course when I first started reading I thought maybe you were meeting her in Disney in December. That would have been cool since I will be there at that time too! Oh well, you will definitely have fun at Niagara Falls. It's been way too long since I've been up there. We used to go quite often when I lived in Pennsylvania. I agree that Cave of the Winds and Maid of the Mist are two things not to miss!

Rob - I think its great that you have become such good friends with Carrie and Riley! I love when true friendships turn out of DIS acquaintances. I think its really special because its cool to know you would have never met that person otherwise if it wasn't for the DIS.

Your upcoming trip sounds like a blast. Niagara Falls is beautiful. Maid of the Mist is cool, but if you cross over to the American side you should do the Cave of the Winds. There is something similar to it on the Canadian side, but the Cave of the Winds is the bomb! I'm not kidding. It's spectacular and scary all at the same time. I did it several years ago.

First you go down an elevator 200 ft. - its carved into the rock wall. Then you put on the ponchos and slippers and go out on the decking. It's spectacular (I said that already). There is one area that is right underneath the falls and I was way too chicken to stand there. I can't say enough about this attraction as I was truly blown away. And to think I almost opted out!

You are going to have a great time!

Thanks Mary Ellen and I agree. It honestly blows my mind to think I have a trip booked solely as a result of a DISmeet. And it's not even to Disney, lol.

I am really looking forward to it. I travelled a lot as a kid, but it was pretty much always to Florida (not that I'm complaining). But I've never really visited anywhere in my own country. Of course, most times it's cheaper to go to the States, which makes no sense, but it's true. I can't wait to see the Falls. I'm doubtful I'll get to the US side because I'll have a rental car and I can't imagine that being allowed, and Carrie doesn't drive. Cave of the Winds does sound awesome though.

You know what, now that you describe it, I have heard of this. Honestly I haven't made any specific plans yet for anything. I'll have to start looking into that. My main goal is to see the Falls but mostly to see everybody. Everything else is gravy.

Awww, how awesome that you guys have been staying in touch.

YES! The "No Dancing" pin. We got one in our pin trader bag that we bought from Ebay.

Awesome! You're going to Niagara Falls to visit! That's going to be amazing, since Riley has no idea.

I know. It's pretty cool Danielle.

SERIOUSLY??!! You got one in a trader bag??!! That's pretty wicked. I really was so happy to finally have this pin. It just felt right.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's so funny looking back that I was nervous having a kid in a DISmeet, and 7 months later I'm flying to Niagara to surprise her.

Thats awesome about seeing Riley and her family again! It is great that you have such a strong friendship.

You trip looks like it will be a ton of fun! (Even if its not Disney :laughing:)

Awww thanks!!! I'm pretty excited.

I think it will be. Definitely not Disney, but still pretty fun I think.

I'm really looking forward to it Brenda. I'll have to figure something out regarding the reveal to see if we can capture it somehow. Of course, it could all fizzle too, lol.

Haha, yeah, I've heard that. To each their own I guess... :rolleyes1

Riley is going to be blown away by this surprise. What a fun trip that will be! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. :goodvibes

I sure hope so Sue. The anticipation has been building so if it even slightly lives up to expectations, I'll be happy.

Aw how awesome that you guys have a trip planned! That's gonna be a great surprise for Riley! You're gonna share some details and pictures with us right? :goodvibes

It's pretty surreal honestly Courtney. I never would have expected to be planning a trip to visit someone I met on a Disney trip. I'm just so hopeful to get a big reaction. Oh yes, I hope to do a mini TR after the trip.

That's awesome!!! They have a pretty cool butterfly conservatory there too! Oh and wineries and chocolate factories!! The falls is amazing and there is so much to do in Toronto! Have a blast!!! Isn't it amazing what a combined Disney Love can bring to our lives?

Thanks Natalie. I have heard of the conservatory. That would be pretty cool. I can't wait to see the Falls mostly. I probably won't get any extensive Toronto time as I'm only in for 4 days. But you are so right. It's amazing what a little Disney can do.

Sounds like a good plan. We went to the falls last summer and had a blast. Can't wait to head back up that way.

I can't wait!!! I've always wanted to see it and add in a surprise... EXCITED!

That sounds like a great summer getaway! Good for you!

I love that you've become "real life friends" with so many Disers!

Thanks Shannon. I never seem to travel in the summer, so I'm really looking forward to something a little different.

Oh believe me, I am too. And I hope to meet more and more and more!!!! ;)

Very cool Rob! You're going to have your very own fan club! LOL :rotfl2:

Looks like so much fun, please post the result of the surprise. So cool! popcorn::

Great summer holiday. :woohoo:

Thanks Linda. My own fan club.. LOL!!!!!

I think it will be fun. I hope we can figure something out to capture the moment, but regardless, I'm just looking forward to seeing everyone.

I agree!!! Short, but sweet!

You know, the relationships that you form through disney are just truly amazing and fantastic heart warming ones I tell ya! Kinda funny that we both have TR's from the same week involving some pretty heavy disney friends in them! So awesome!

This seriously (aside from the bus situation) looks like a fantastic morning in MK, also LOVE riley's dress! lol. it's super cute!! Love that you guys got each other resents and even more love that you're getting together up here, and surprising her! Can't say I've ever been out to the TO area aside from my interview (and to NB when I was still a toddler to see family) I do really want to get back out to the Maritimes at some point!!

Hope you have an amazing time!! :thumbsup2

Aww Katt, see I know you get it. You have especially embraced the Disney friend thing extending to CM's and locals, lol. The fact is pretty simple though... Disney people are just better!!!

It was a very lovely way to start the day for sure. OMG isn't that dress cute? Very Chistmassy! Haha, yes, there have been a fair amount of gift exchanges during and since. I'm so excited for the surprise. I just hope it lives up to expectations. This will actually be my first time in Ontario at all aside from the airport. But YES, you do need to get back to the Maritimes at some point!!!!!

Thanks Katt. I hope to post a little update here afterwards.

That's awesome you're meeting up! I still think it's so wonderful how the DIS has brought people together like it has :)

YAY for summer vacations! :woohoo:

Thanks Jillian, and you're right. It really proves how special Disney and the DIS really are.

AHHH, I need it.

YAY for a reunion with Carrie and Riley! That's so great! Summer trips (with friends) are the very best... Can't wait to hear all about it.

As for you planning another Disney trip... I'll be there October 3 - 11. Just sayin. ;)

I am really looking forward to it Emily. I never take summer trips, so I'm especially excited for that.

Aww that would be great to be there then. I love me some MNSSHP.

Lovely gifts you guys have been exchanging, it's so nice that you all have hit off so well and keep in close contact!

A trip to Niagara Falls, how awesome!! And how amazing that Riley has NO idea, she surely will be surprised! You all have so many fun things planned, I hope you will post a mini TR when you get back, would love to hear about it :)

I agree Alexis. Of course, I love getting stuff, but it's really fun sending stuff.

I've never been, so I'm really syked to see the Falls in person. But the whole surprise Riley part is what I'm really looking forward to the most. I most definitely will post a short TR. It should time out pretty good with the ending of this current one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter