Empire of the Penguin

Bearybear

A firm believer in the unbelievable
Does anyone know when this is opening? We'll be at SeaWorld in Mid-March, and I'd love to see it if it is open then. All I can find is that it is opening this spring.

Does anyone know when this is opening? We'll be at SeaWorld in Mid-March, and I'd love to see it if it is open then. All I can find is that it is opening this spring.

That is all we know. Sea world has not released a specific date.

When SeaWorld Parks & Recreation were finalizing the new Freshwater Oasis at Discovery Cove, they were very vague and secretive about the opening date, right up until the new attraction was complete and made available to guests for the first time. That was summer of 2012......we were planning an August visit, and the "will it be open, or won't it?" was killing us while we waited!!!

I would guess that they will be the same with Empire of the Penguin at SW. One day they will just say "woohoo! its open!" without much advance notice to the public.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
When SeaWorld Parks & Recreation were finalizing the new Freshwater Oasis at Discovery Cove, they were very vague and secretive about the opening date, right up until the new attraction was complete and made available to guests for the first time. That was summer of 2012......we were planning an August visit, and the "will it be open, or won't it?" was killing us while we waited!!!

I would guess that they will be the same with Empire of the Penguin at SW. One day they will just say "woohoo! its open!" without much advance notice to the public.

They usually send out the AP members a message of it opening. It is very last minute for sure. I was pass holder when the new seasame street play area at busch gardens opened and we got a message maybe a few wks in advance.

The grand opening of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin will be May 24th! :cool1:

I am so bummed my DS was so looking forward to this but i guess we will need to go back next year.

Well darn. I know it was a long shot but I was hoping it would be open April 1st. Its our first trip there in 20 years and really dont want to wait that long again to see the pequins, lol.

I'm super bummed. For the first time we will be in Orlando without a WDW visit planned. I thought it would be a great opportunity to go to Sea World, especially with this attraction. But since we're there mid-March, there's no chance. Looks like we will save Sea World for another trip.

I called Sea World and they confirmed it. The girl I spoke with said to call back closer to our early May trip to see if the penguins have yet arrived back to Orlando. She said there was a possibility they may be there a few weeks early and maybe something would be going but she of course could not promise me.
If we can't see the penguins we might wait until next trip , we will see....

I just saw it on the website and they posted it on their FB page too. Yay we will be there that weekend for our anniversary. We are going to the world but will have to take a visit to SW to see the penguins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter