Empire of the Penguin

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by Bearybear, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Bearybear

Bearybear A firm believer in the unbelievable

Does anyone know when this is opening? We'll be at SeaWorld in Mid-March, and I'd love to see it if it is open then. All I can find is that it is opening this spring.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

That is all we know. Sea world has not released a specific date.

4. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

When SeaWorld Parks & Recreation were finalizing the new Freshwater Oasis at Discovery Cove, they were very vague and secretive about the opening date, right up until the new attraction was complete and made available to guests for the first time. That was summer of 2012......we were planning an August visit, and the "will it be open, or won't it?" was killing us while we waited!!!

I would guess that they will be the same with Empire of the Penguin at SW. One day they will just say "woohoo! its open!" without much advance notice to the public.

5. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

They usually send out the AP members a message of it opening. It is very last minute for sure. I was pass holder when the new seasame street play area at busch gardens opened and we got a message maybe a few wks in advance.

6. Sehsun

Sehsun DIS Veteran

The grand opening of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin will be May 24th! :cool1:

7. yaddakal

yaddakal Mouseketeer

I really need it open by may 7th.

I have a penguin obsessed boy!!!!

8. zilp

zilp Mouseketeer

lol, I was thinkin the same thing! My oldest just loves penguins. Too bad we will miss it this trip.

9. temom

temom Mouseketeer

I am so bummed my DS was so looking forward to this but i guess we will need to go back next year.

10. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

How did you find out??

11. cujochurch

cujochurch Deemed the "World's Greatest Aunt!"

Well darn. I know it was a long shot but I was hoping it would be open April 1st. Its our first trip there in 20 years and really dont want to wait that long again to see the pequins, lol.

12. fitnessmouse

fitnessmouse DIS Veteran

I'm bummed as well. We'll be there last week of April :-(

13. autigger

autigger Mouseketeer

14. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

I'm super bummed. For the first time we will be in Orlando without a WDW visit planned. I thought it would be a great opportunity to go to Sea World, especially with this attraction. But since we're there mid-March, there's no chance. Looks like we will save Sea World for another trip.

15. yaddakal

yaddakal Mouseketeer

I called Sea World and they confirmed it. The girl I spoke with said to call back closer to our early May trip to see if the penguins have yet arrived back to Orlando. She said there was a possibility they may be there a few weeks early and maybe something would be going but she of course could not promise me.
    If we can't see the penguins we might wait until next trip , we will see....

16. angelmom27

angelmom27 DIS Veteran

I just saw it on the website and they posted it on their FB page too. Yay we will be there that weekend for our anniversary. We are going to the world but will have to take a visit to SW to see the penguins.

17. folgersnyourcup

folgersnyourcup Earning My Ears