• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Emmysdaddy Joins the Damsels to Dine, Even with Princesses: Em started PDR see link

Hi Brenda! Even though it's been a few weeks since I last posted on this site (it's been a challenging semester, and final exams are wrapping up this week), I had to pop by to say I'm still loving the report. Too bad it's almost over - this has been such an awesome collection of reviews, DIS meets, and fun stories. :) Also, I hope yesterday went well - it's great that you've gotten to spend some time with your son recently, and I'm praying for his safe return. :goodvibes

Wish I had time to write more (since there's so much more to say - for starters, HBD is off my list for a while :laughing:), but finals are calling me. ;)

Hi Brenda! Even though it's been a few weeks since I last posted on this site (it's been a challenging semester, and final exams are wrapping up this week), I had to pop by to say I'm still loving the report. Too bad it's almost over - this has been such an awesome collection of reviews, DIS meets, and fun stories. :) Also, I hope yesterday went well - it's great that you've gotten to spend some time with your son recently, and I'm praying for his safe return. :goodvibes

Wish I had time to write more (since there's so much more to say - for starters, HBD is off my list for a while :laughing:), but finals are calling me. ;)

There you are DDW! I was just telling Brenda that I'm going to WDW in Feb for the 1/2 marathon and I just made a reservation for a party of 1 at Jiko on my first night there...and it's all your fault due to your wonderful reviews.;) I can't wait! I'll bring a little something to read and enjoy a solo dining experience. It's good to see you popping in for a bit and good luck with finals!

Your breakfast at CRT looked like a lovely way to end your trip! A magical memory!

Wishing your DS the best on his deployment. My prayers are with him and your family~ his service is very much appreciated!

Aww... I missed the end of your dining report. It sounds like the trip ended with some great meals! I am sorry you were too full to enjoy Citrico's! It has some great food options!

There you are DDW! I was just telling Brenda that I'm going to WDW in Feb for the 1/2 marathon and I just made a reservation for a party of 1 at Jiko on my first night there...and it's all your fault due to your wonderful reviews.;) I can't wait! I'll bring a little something to read and enjoy a solo dining experience. It's good to see you popping in for a bit and good luck with finals!
Yep, I'm still here! Between schoolwork and other college stuff, I don't get to spend as much time on this site. But that's okay - it's fun to pop by and skim some updates. :)

I hope you have a great meal at Jiko! It's probably the WDW restaurant that I'm missing most right now. Plus, bringing something to read sounds like a great way to enjoy a pleasant, relaxing solo meal. :thumbsup2

Awww thanks Linda! Hmmm.. either plan A or plan B would benefit me to see you again. Are you not going during F&W next year?? Hmm... you never know...

We're going to miss F&W next year :sad2:
We are going to be out there the first two weeks of December so it will be a trip full of Christmas cheer :thumbsup2

Emmysmommy,

Once again, I just LOVED your dining reviews! You must be so proud of your wonderful family!

It was great to see you enjoying so many of our favorite places!

Great job! I look forward to your next reviews!

Good luck to your son! Praying for all of you during this time! I have a friend who has a son that will be shipped out right after Christmas.

They have MAJORLY changed the menu since our 2010 trip to CRT. I had the stuffed french toast but it didn't look ANYTHING like that! Do you mind me sharing? :angel:

Again& another meal I *thought* I'd be okay with skipping. :sad2:

Thanks so much Christen for the well wishes. :hug:

I have to say that THAT stuffed french toast looks better than the version that I have ordered. It looks more like the puffed french toast at Crystal Palace.

Thank you for all of your reviews! I'm not much of a commenter, more of a lurker, but I enjoyed reading about all your experiences (except maybe the Brown Derby!) and seeing your photos. I hope you have a great visit with your son and a merry Christmas!

Hi there nfggirl! Thanks for reading and being a non-lurker now! :goodvibes I really appreciate your kind words and yes, we had an awesome time with our son the last few days!! Wishing you all the best this Christmas as well! :)

THERE YOU ARE MR. DDW!!!! Glad to see you are still around the DisBoards however infrequent!!! Sorry for the challenging semester but all that hard work will pay off when you are the CEO of some multi-national corporation!! :yay:

Thanks for your thoughful words - it is appreciated! The last few days with our son were pretty wonderful. :)

Brenda, just finished catching up and so sad that your review is coming to an end. Hopefully you are planning another trip soon!:thumbsup2

Hi Rachel! Thanks for hanging in there and continuing to read as this thing drags on! :thumbsup2 Yes, another trip is in the works.... more on that in a bit. ;)

Your breakfast at CRT looked like a lovely way to end your trip! A magical memory!

Wishing your DS the best on his deployment. My prayers are with him and your family~ his service is very much appreciated!

Hi minniebeth! You are so right - CRT is a great last meal of the trip to create magical memories. :lovestruc

Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes! :goodvibes

Aww... I missed the end of your dining report. It sounds like the trip ended with some great meals! I am sorry you were too full to enjoy Citrico's! It has some great food options!

Hi Paula! I'm so far behind with everyone's reviews but I promise to get caught up this week!

Next time I vow to not let lousy meal planning get the better of me so I can enjoy Citricos! ::yes::

We're going to miss F&W next year :sad2:
We are going to be out there the first two weeks of December so it will be a trip full of Christmas cheer :thumbsup2

What a great time of the year to go to WDW in early December!!! How wonderful! ::yes:: There's always F&W in 2014.

Emmysmommy,

Once again, I just LOVED your dining reviews! You must be so proud of your wonderful family!

It was great to see you enjoying so many of our favorite places!

Great job! I look forward to your next reviews!

Awww thanks! I remember your reviews from last summer were pretty awesome yourself!! :worship:

Looks like you will be back at WDW pretty soon.... :upsidedow

Thanks for your kind words!

Our Final Meal of the Trip was Courtesy of Delta Airlines!
This isn't anything exciting...it just delayed the inevitable of having to finish this review. :sad:

So on with the final chapter of my DR.

We were fortunate enough to fly 1st class this trip due to cashing in some frequent flier miles. The prospect of having a meal served was quite exciting. However, for this particular flight it wasn't all that wonderful but at least it was food!

Our first flight segment didn't involve a meal but I did get this cool cocktail served in-flight!

Bloody Mary:
DSC07225.jpg

Once in MN we changed planes and with the next flight segment they served dinner – errr something that resembled dinner. We were given a choice of chicken pot pie or a sandwich. I chose door number 1 and went with the pot pie. It certainly smelled good as it was heating in the galley. However, it looked less than appetizing when it was served.

Chicken pot pie:
DSC07249.jpg

Entire meal:
DSC07253.jpg

The chicken skin was limp and hanging off the meat and looked about as unappetizing as if they had set a plate of grub worms dressed in parsley in front of me. It didn’t taste as bad as it looked mostly because it was so over-seasoned with salt that you didn’t really know what you were eating. I ate the puff pastry which was good and a few bites of the chicken without the skin but at least the salad was good – tiny but good. Since I don’t like Tiramisu, I just picked at the non-coffee layer and then ended by eating the roll which was likely the best part of the meal.

During the flight they also came around with a basket of snacks. I love the Walkers Shortbread - these are always delicious.

DSC07228.jpg

There is one final chapter that I need to post since some of you eagle eyes have picked up on the fact that, YES, we do have another WDW trip booked for early next year. I'll share the plans and more importantly the dining line up!!

Thanks to all of you that have hung in there with this very drawn out DR! :flower3:

Awww sad its over but looking forward to reading your dining line up for your next trip! I must hop on over to the TR section and read your TR, I love your descriptions and dry wit! Its been an absolute pleasure to read along! Thanks again for sharing :goodvibes

I am always so sad when you're reviews come to an end! Looking forward to reading the upcoming dining line up for your next trip.

You never know I might even remember to comment on the next report?! ;)

Awww! I love the photo of Michael holding the sword at Cinderella's - he looks like a little boy! So sad your report is at an end. You'll just have to plan another trip!

Brenda, I have to say that is the most disgusting chicken pot pie I have ever seen. I think Delta needs to stick with sandwiches.

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip!

Love the wishing wands in the background of the pic with the bloody mary!

That meal does look gross. It is so dark!??

By early next year I hope you mean Jan 5-7th! Hahah because that is when i will be there.

I very much enjoyed all your reviews Brenda !! Thanks so much for sharing !! I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas :santa:

Brenda, that chicken pot pie just looks :sick:

I so much enjoyed your dining reviews...thank you for sharing. And I am delighted to meet another DIS friend in the process. :goodvibes

Love your CRT meal and it looks like you had a good time :goodvibes I can't wait to eat there!!

That pot pie definitely does not look first class :lmao: I love tiramisu so I probably would have enjoyed that!

I'm sorry to see your review come to an end, it was great :thumbsup2 I know you still have you TR going and yay for another trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter