Emmysdaddy Joins the Damsels to Dine, Even with Princesses: Em started PDR see link

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by emmysmommy, Sep 4, 2012.

1. iluvpluto27

iluvpluto27 DIS Veteran

WPE looks great. We really enjoyed that pesto pizza last time we were there. Unfortunately we didn't get to visit on our last trip, but I'll be planning a return visit for our next trip.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CatNipRules

CatNipRules <font color=royalblue>Overplanner Extraordinaire..

Oh.. My... Goodness.... The bakery breakfast looks absolutely yummy. Especially that cupcake. Although I think I'm with you. It looks like it has a LOT of frosting on it. We have a bakery here that has these huge cupcakes. To me they would be better off using less frosting, but that might just be me. I'm not a big frosting fan. DH says I'm picky. LOL!!

DH would love the ham and cheese croissant. Looks really good. Yummy!!

4. CatNipRules

CatNipRules <font color=royalblue>Overplanner Extraordinaire..

Oh my goodness.... The food there looks amazing. I really want to eat there now. Hmmmm... Maybe I can manage a last minute reservation there. LOL! The fried wontons alone would be more than worth it. They look absolutely to die for....

Can't wait for more!! I'm gaining weight just reading your reviews. LOL!!

5. debrapagliasotti

debrapagliasotti DIS Veteran

That is crazy that WPE was so empty at 545pm!

Those pizzas look quite yummy. I constantly read great reviews of WPE and have never eaten there, but its definately on my list...maybe next year.

6. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

Can't go wrong with pizza from WPE, thanks for sharing and glad you guys enjoyed it!

7. krhst25

krhst25 Mouseketeer

I keep debating on whether to go downtown on our first day and eat at WPE or just stay at the hotel--
    your pictures made it even harder

8. MrsB1228

MrsB1228 DIS Veteran

We love WPE, it's usually our first-night dinner as we don't usually venture into a park on our arrival day. The four cheese pesto pizza is a favourite of mine, along with the rotisserie chicken and oven roasted salmon. I've never tried the cheesecake, that's definitely on my list for this trip!

Thanks so much for the update, we leave in four days and your DR is really whetting my appetite. ;)

9. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Great pictures of WPE - the food always looks delicious! I need to try it again sometime, but I'm rarely in DTD long enough for a full meal. :laughing:

10. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

The four cheese and pesto pizza from WPE is one of my absolute faves :goodvibes

And the cheesecake is delicious; I'm not a big creme brûlée fan so I've never tried it but everyone seems to rave about it

Wonderful reviews as always :thumbsup2

11. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

The pizza looks great at WPE! How does it compare to Via Napoli?

Btw, I will be dining at Y&Y today, Brenda, I will get those cheese wontons for dessert and dedicate it to you, :)

12. sushi candy

sushi candy Foodie

Those pizzas look great! How does it compare to Via Napoli?

I will be ordering those cheese wontons at Y&Y today, Brenda and I will dedicate it to you!

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

I was just wondering that too. I've had them both but never on the same trip, and it's been a couple of years since I had the pizza at WPE. :scratchin

14. Tinker12

Tinker12 Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying the review!!! :)

15. Tracerr00

Tracerr00 DIS Veteran

I love WPE pizza!! My fave is the meatball pizza - it's soooo good! I just have one question. Is goat cheese one of the 4 cheeses? ;) It looks fantastic and so do the desserts!

16. francis6306

francis6306 DIS Veteran

Okay, I have been trying to read this ALL DAY! Between actually having to do laundry, go to church and feed my kids, it didn't leave me much time to really read and enjoy at one sitting!

I love the Lettuce Wraps at PF Chang's, and the ones that you got looked REALLY good too!!! Those pizza's look amazing as well! I would have split that with you! ::yes::

17. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl DIS Veteran

We nearly missed our ADR at Yak and Yeti as my watch was on a go slow and had lost an hour throughout the day!

I've just checked my phots of WPE and have the exact same pictures of desserts lol!

18. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

I would probably give the edge to WPE for the four cheese pizza as the pesto just gives it that something extra
    The waiters are cuter in Via Napoli though ;)

19. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

It looks like Y&Y lunch is/was on your ADR line up! Hopefully you and your DH will like it!

And yes.... there is always one or two more must have ADRs to try and fit in!

Oh you must have really liked WPE to eat there more than once let alone 3-4 times!! And yes, try having dessert first next time!

Your DDs are adorable and I'm sure in the years to come you will enjoy planning a girls trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading. :)

A fellow pesto pizza lover!! There's always next time!

Hi Michelle! There were some other fresh bakery items on the racks that I didn't include in my photos. You'll have to stop by there and take a peek!!
    Oops.. skipped your other post for a response... these dining reviews need to come with disclaimers that they may cause weight gain simply by associating with the Dis dining board!! :rotfl2: I know what you mean because how many times have I decided to eat pizza because I saw one in a DR!!

Next year is your year for WPE!! I've read the great reviews as well - especially those who are able to use dining credits for CS there.

Exactly!! We really did enjoy it.

Hmmm.... WPE pizza or what is available at the hotel (which hotel?) I like WPE!

Mrs. B: How exciting that you only have 2 days to go!!!! And to spend 2 weeks at WDW - so lucky!!!

My DH saw the chicken after he ordered pizza and almost changed his order! Then Em saw it and said next time that's her choice! Try the cheesecake sometime - it will definitely worth it!

Thanks Mr. DDW! You've never tried WPE?? Put that on your list young man! I suppose if you are not a DTD fan then it's not really your fault that you don't hang out there long enough to have a meal. :)

hi Linda! I recall that you've eaten there before and had the same pizza... and liked it! Ok let's make a deal. I try nutella and you try creme brulee! :laughing:

Via Napoli was very good but if I had to choose between the two I would choose WPE only because it is more flavorful and the goat cheese is wonderful. If I had tried a different pizza than the margherita pizza at VN I may have a different opinon.

I feel honored with your dedication!! :lmao: I hope you enjoyed them.

If I ventured beyond the margherita pizza at VN or the 4 cheese pesto at WPE I may have a better comparison.... but I do prefer WPE!

Thanks Tinker!

A fellow WPE pizza lover! Yes, there is goat cheese as one of the 4 cheeses. It is the creamy blob of cheese on top of the tomatoes.

Hi Christen! You are a busy mom but thanks for hanging in there and reading! At least you didn't skip church like me.. I talked Michael into going to Disneyland instead with some friends. ;)

I actually like the PF Changs lettuce wraps better... just saying. And if I was lucky enough to eat at WPE with you I would gladly split a pizza!

Oh no!! Glad you made it to Y&Y. What did you think? Sounds like we have similar tastes as far as choices at WPE!

Oh look! Great minds think alike! I'm not supposed to notice the very cute youthful waiters! ;)

20. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

I've actually been there once - the salmon entree was really good. But WPE probably deserves a spot in my 'rotation', and I've basically neglected it. :laughing: Thanks for the tip about the AP discount! :thumbsup2

21. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Captain's Grille - Breakfast
    [​IMG]

This was our 3rd time dining at CG for breakfast. The first time was not a good experience (read here) while the 2nd time was much better (read here.) We checked in and were taken to the dining room to be seated without any delay. The hostess was very friendly – she was from Malta – how cool is that? Alba was our server and did a wonderful job taking care of us.

After a quick review of the menu, all three of us decided that we wanted the breakfast buffet. Although this restaurant had redeemed itself last time when I ordered off the menu, I had yet to try the buffet again to see if our initial visit was out of the norm. So with that, here’s the choices that were available:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I try to limit myself to one pass at buffets which means that I follow a “one and done” mentality so that I don’t make myself sick from overdoing it! Plus, I think there is a little bit of lazy in me because I don’t like to bother getting up and down to fetch more food. So…following that philosophy, I had 2 bowls and 2 plates of food for my selections.

I love oatmeal… I know, so very boring for breakfast when there are so many other options but I had a little anyway! My other bowl was fresh fruit which consisted of watermelon, strawberries and grapes. All fresh and delicious.

On my first plate was the Captain’s Frittata of the day. Apparently the “Captain” had decided that day to incorporate cheese as the main ingredient because it was super cheesy. Not that I mind cheese I’m just saying that it had so much cheese that it created a thick gooey layer that instantly raised my cholesterol level into the danger zone. It had ham and I don’t recall what else but it was pretty good – not amazing but edible. I also had a slice of ham (good, even if salty but isn’t that the way that ham is prepared) and some perfectly scrambled eggs.

First plate, fruit and oatmeal:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My second plate was the highlight since it showcased a couple of beloved Mickey waffles. I’ve probably said this so much that everyone is tired of hearing it but… I LOVE MICKEY WAFFLES!! These little guys were served with a slab of butter and a mini coffee cake muffin that wasn’t half bad.

[​IMG]

Michael ate mostly fruit, eggs, and salmon while Em had rice krispies, eggs, and the last 2 Mickey waffles that I left at the buffet. (You know I’m kidding, right?)

All together now... here's all of our selections:
    [​IMG]

With the TiW discount, the bill was $57.25. We saved $11.09.
    This place has now moved to my “must eat breakfast here every trip” list!! Talk about a 180!

Some menu photos in case anyone wishes to see the a la carte selections:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And breakfast cocktails:

[​IMG]

Next Up: Sci Fi dine In lunch