Emmysdaddy Joins the Damsels to Dine, Even with Princesses: Em started PDR see link

Really enjoyed reading so far. Came late to the party, couldn't sleep, baby kicking me but glad I am here! Everything looks so much more delicious than anything we have here at our house right now. So far, if I could order, I'd choose the cucumber salad and then bread pudding for dessert. Weird I know, blame the baby. I've actually never had a mickey waffle. I'll try one next time!

Granted, I haven't been to sci-if in years... I thought all of the seating were car booths. It looks like there are a lot of regular tables in your pictures. I would be disappointed to get one of those if I were dining there. I wonder if people ask for them?

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there. I never felt the need to go back because the food was eh. But I bet DH would enjoy it there, so we might have to try it at some point.

It's been a long time since I've been to the Sci-Fi. I'm with you; the menu doesn't really offer anything special. I'm looking forward to your Yachtsmans review. I haven't been there in over 5 years but it's on my list for October.

Sci Fi is our old staple! My brothers and I have been enjoying the restuarant since we were kids and it's not for the food, lol! It's always fine, standard diner food but the atmosphere is just fun! I'm booking it for May, I think DD will enjoy herself too! and I know there are tables too but we always ask for a car, it's just more fun :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review, Brenda! I was there last night and I found it incredibly difficult to take a picture of my food with flash. I thought the theming was excellent and our server was incredible. My DH is like yours, he totally loved watching all the clips as well.

I enjoy Sci-Fi. Some of the best theming in the WDW and I think the food is fine if you stick to the basics of burgers and shakes. Looking forward to having lunch there in November.

Jill in CO

Fun meal at Sci-Fi! We love the atmosphere there although food-wise, I'm still bummed that they took the beef and blue salad off the menu. That was my go-to:sad:. Looking forward to your review of YSH. We're planning a date night there in April.

I've never been to Sci Fi and it's always one of those places that I'm torn over. Can I ask if it's a little bit odd to eat with your back to your DH? I've always wondered that...how it would be if you were there with several people! But it also looks like so much fun - I think I need to do another "restaurants I haven't tried" trip! ;)

Your Sci-Fi Review was great and made me actually want to try it out for the first time! I'm glad you went there after all. Hoping to sneak it in to an upcoming trip :goodvibes. Also, loving your review in total!

Hi Brenda,

I am not a big Sci-Fi fan, but DH wanted to go there again this year, so we did. That is coming up soon in my report but I can't wait for your Yachtsman review. I am hoping you had as great a meal as we had. Can't wait to read it!

We originally had Captains Grille bkfst booked for our trip, but then I went ahead and cancelled it and just booked an early lunch for us somewhere else. I'm glad to hear it was good. Any place with Mickey waffles is good by me.

Sci Fi is one of those places I'm not overly excited about trying, but it was DS pick, so we are going there for him. He will love all the cheesy film clips

Cant wait to see your YS review!

Happy Friday Brenda :banana:

My DH loves Sc-Fi but I think that's because he can watch movies and ignore me :rolleyes1

Is it just me or does that look like an onion ring on the apple crumble :rotfl:

Finally had a few minutes to get caught up on my favorite DRs. ;) I love all the Sci-Fi pics...great job with those! :thumbsup2 We haven't been there for a few years, and I had forgotten about the "Speeding Ticket". :lmao:

I was going to add Sci fi since we might add HS. Do you think there is enough room for 2 adults & a 2 year old in one of the car seats?? So we can all sit together?

Sci-Fi is such a fun experience, even if the food doesn't particularly stand out. The glow ring in the dessert also has me baffled. :laughing:

Can't wait for your Yachtsman review! :goodvibes

Hi DDW! Yeah... glow ring in the dessert?? It's like they ran out of whip cream or sprinkles so threw a glow ring on the dessert.

We enjoy Sci Fi; while the food is not outstanding (well except those beyond yummy onion rings), the theme more thAn makes up for it.

Can't wait to hear about Yachtsman since that is where we are taking Mark for his special birthday dinner in December.

Hi kathy! Welcoming you back from your trip today! Loved the "eye" shirt photo on FB! I will be posting YSH in a minute.

We have Kona Cafe, Crystal Palace, and Tusker House.

I've been thinking about 'Ohana, Kouzinna, Grand Floridian Cafe. It will depend on if hubby is up for more breakfast otherwise we will just grab a danish or something to hold us till lunch time.

Hi Paula! Kona and CP are two of my favorites. I really have to stop cancelling TH since I hear good things about it! Of the ones that you are considering, GFC is a favorite. I like the other two but can't say they are must dos for us.

:goodvibes

Really enjoyed reading so far. Came late to the party, couldn't sleep, baby kicking me but glad I am here! Everything looks so much more delicious than anything we have here at our house right now. So far, if I could order, I'd choose the cucumber salad and then bread pudding for dessert. Weird I know, blame the baby. I've actually never had a mickey waffle. I'll try one next time!

Hi Alysa! Thanks for reading. You have to try a Mickey waffle some day! :)

Granted, I haven't been to sci-if in years... I thought all of the seating were car booths. It looks like there are a lot of regular tables in your pictures. I would be disappointed to get one of those if I were dining there. I wonder if people ask for them?

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal there. I never felt the need to go back because the food was eh. But I bet DH would enjoy it there, so we might have to try it at some point.

Hi there! There are some pic nic tables all in the back the rest of the seating should be cars/booths but there may be a few hitchhiker seats in the back of some cars??

I agree with you about the food - nothing special. I like the unique theming and the food isn't horrible. It was actually one of the most enjoyable and memorable meals for my DH... must have been the whole TV related thing.

It's been a long time since I've been to the Sci-Fi. I'm with you; the menu doesn't really offer anything special. I'm looking forward to your Yachtsmans review. I haven't been there in over 5 years but it's on my list for October.

I hope you enjoy your dining experience next month! YSH is coming up momentarily.

Sci Fi is our old staple! My brothers and I have been enjoying the restuarant since we were kids and it's not for the food, lol! It's always fine, standard diner food but the atmosphere is just fun! I'm booking it for May, I think DD will enjoy herself too! and I know there are tables too but we always ask for a car, it's just more fun :thumbsup2

I agree with you AvasMommy about the atmosphere is fun! Since drive ins are a thing of the past (for the most part) it is a nostalgic thing to do.

I've been told that for folks with ADRs they will give you cars - which is definitely more fun.

Thanks for the review, Brenda! I was there last night and I found it incredibly difficult to take a picture of my food with flash. I thought the theming was excellent and our server was incredible. My DH is like yours, he totally loved watching all the clips as well.

Hi Rosey! I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience! Ha! You are a photography pro so I look forward to seeing your review.

I enjoy Sci-Fi. Some of the best theming in the WDW and I think the food is fine if you stick to the basics of burgers and shakes. Looking forward to having lunch there in November.

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! I agree with you about sticking with the burgers... they're not bad. I hope you enjoy your lunch there in November.

Fun meal at Sci-Fi! We love the atmosphere there although food-wise, I'm still bummed that they took the beef and blue salad off the menu. That was my go-to:sad:. Looking forward to your review of YSH. We're planning a date night there in April.

Hi littlestinkerbelle! I now recall seeing a review with the beef and bleu salad which looked yummy!

YSH will be a lovely date night restaurant.

I've never been to Sci Fi and it's always one of those places that I'm torn over. Can I ask if it's a little bit odd to eat with your back to your DH? I've always wondered that...how it would be if you were there with several people! But it also looks like so much fun - I think I need to do another "restaurants I haven't tried" trip! ;)

Hi Tracy! I wanted Michael and Em to sit in front but then Em and I split a burger so Michael and I swapped seats so yeah, it was a bit odd sitting with our backs to him. But he enjoyed watching the movie clips so it was just as well that he had something to keep him entertained.

Your Sci-Fi Review was great and made me actually want to try it out for the first time! I'm glad you went there after all. Hoping to sneak it in to an upcoming trip :goodvibes. Also, loving your review in total!

Hi there Kate! I remember reading your engagement trip DR - glad to see you join in over here. I hope it works out for your upcoming trip! Thanks again for reading.

Joining in !! Looking forward to reading more !!!

Hi there! Thanks for joining! Glad to have you here.

Hi Brenda,

I am not a big Sci-Fi fan, but DH wanted to go there again this year, so we did. That is coming up soon in my report but I can't wait for your Yachtsman review. I am hoping you had as great a meal as we had. Can't wait to read it!

Hi Karla!! I'm almost ready to do my YSH review and I can say that I may have heard your angelic choir singing too!

We originally had Captains Grille bkfst booked for our trip, but then I went ahead and cancelled it and just booked an early lunch for us somewhere else. I'm glad to hear it was good. Any place with Mickey waffles is good by me.

Sci Fi is one of those places I'm not overly excited about trying, but it was DS pick, so we are going there for him. He will love all the cheesy film clips

Cant wait to see your YS review!

Hi Debra and fellow Mickey waffle lover! Glad your DS loved the film clips - some are so funny the way they did their special effects.

Happy Friday Brenda :banana:

My DH loves Sc-Fi but I think that's because he can watch movies and ignore me :rolleyes1

Is it just me or does that look like an onion ring on the apple crumble :rotfl:

Linda, you are soooo funny! :rotfl2: I see my DH in your comment! Apparently, they were not great on the creativity with the apple crumble!

Finally had a few minutes to get caught up on my favorite DRs. ;) I love all the Sci-Fi pics...great job with those! :thumbsup2 We haven't been there for a few years, and I had forgotten about the "Speeding Ticket". :lmao:

Hi Barb! Glad you are caught up. I need to do the same since I've not been on the Boards for ove a day - oh my!!

I believe it was the first time that we actually had speeding ticket stamped on our receipt.

I was going to add Sci fi since we might add HS. Do you think there is enough room for 2 adults & a 2 year old in one of the car seats?? So we can all sit together?

I have seen 2 adults and a child seated together in one seat, so yes, they can do that. If you need a booster seat I'm not sure if it would be too tight of a fit but I'm sure they need to accomodate this configuration often. I suppose it also depends on the size of the adults.... :) Thanks for hanging in there and reading.

I am joining in!

Hi there SevenDwarf Diva! (love the username!) Thanks for joining and reading along. And WELCOME to the DisBoards. :wave2:

My apologies for the delay in getting my YSH review posted. I was meaning to do that this morning but time has slipped by...

It is Michael's birthday so we are going to DTD to see a movie and then dinner somewhere nearby and maybe a little park time. I tried to get reservations at Carthay Circle Restaurant but I'm a bad wife and waited until the last minute when they are booked. Michael would be just as happy eating at ESPN Zone!

I'll be back later tonight to post YSH!

My apologies for the delay in getting my YSH review posted. I was meaning to do that this morning but time has slipped by...

It is Michael's birthday so we are going to DTD to see a movie and then dinner somewhere nearby and maybe a little park time. I tried to get reservations at Carthay Circle Restaurant but I'm a bad wife and waited until the last minute when they are booked. Michael would be just as happy eating at ESPN Zone!

I'll be back later tonight to post YSH!

party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!! party:

party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!! party:

Thank you from Michael (or Captain [America] Michael as he was known today) for the birthday greeting!

DSC06431.jpg

DSC06439.jpg

DSC06467.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter