Emily PJ for 11/19/07 SBP/Attic/UK DP-Update 8/27/07 Wedding shower pics

Bridesmaids Dresses

Okay so I have 4 bridesmaids: My SIL Leah (MOH), a friend from high school, and two friends from college. I decided on a blush pink color because it is one of my favorite colors and it also goes well in the attic. Here is a pic of the interior of the attic.

100_0389.jpg

Since my bridesmaids were all very different body types I was planning on doing the Davids Bridal separates. I figured they could just pick which ever style fit them best and then all wear the same color. They would also get a discount since i bought my dress there. So we got there and it was actually really funny. I told them just to go to town trying stuff on, lots of combinations. They all piled into a dressing room and came out with all these crazy color combinations since the store that the samples in all different colors. It was hard to imagine them in my color. After a couple rounds they all decided that they liked the full lenght straight skirt. So I was like cool...all the same bottoms..different tops. Then they all came out with a strapless top and all liked it except one, my MOH. So I thought that would be great if she wore something different to let her stand out. So she picked another top and it looked great. Well...the other three all liked it too! So, still trying to let her stand out, the I brought Leah a full skirt with pick-ups- (which we refered to as the poofy skirt). She came out and then the other three were like "wow, we like that too!" So off they went to find poofy skirts in their size and then they all liked the same dress. It was fine with me but it craked me up they all ended up wearing the same thing after I stressed about them being different sizes. It was also great beacause they dress combo they ppicked was the same fabric as my wedding dress and has pick-ups like my dress so we would match very well. Here is a pic of the dress from the Davids Bridal separates tool. The tops and bottoms do actually match.

Bridesmaids.jpg

Next up: Ooops... I left out my DF's sisters...:sad2:

I love the Attic, it was one of our choices (between that and the Parlor) before our wedding outgrew those sites. The view is awesome from the porch; I could sit on the rocking chairs there for hours if they would let me :) I also completely understand your dress dilemma. I went to 15 shops before I finally made a decision; I have to admit I never found "the one" but I found one that was pretty close ;)

emily

congrats & welcome!!

i think its a great idea to want to bring your kids to the spot "daddy" proposed...they would think that was WAY cool

I LOVE those swings in the sand....Y&BC has those & i could sit in them ALL night, so i can see why he thought that was the perfect spot!!!

Your dress & tiara/veil are beautiful!! & the bridesmaids dresses compliment your nicely...good job

funny about the BMs dresses...at least it was fun dressing up & trying on all those dresses

i DONT think your hair looks frizzy....fromwhat i saw I think you have awesome hair!!..your pics are cute!!

cant wait to hear more details & see more pics!!!:goodvibes

I forgot to post in the last one that Davids Bridal did allow me to return my dress for a smaller size while I was there looking for bridesmaids dresses. At the time I had lost 8 pounds since I bought it and I was able to go down two sizes. Keep in mind, it was WAY to big to begin with. I have now lost another 12 pounds so it is big again and too late to get another one. Oh well...I just hope the alterations come out okay. :sad2: Anyway...on with the next step of planning!

Groomswomen

I was feeling pretty good about my dress being bought and the bridesmaids dresses being picked out. Well , my DF has two sisters who he assured me would not want to be in it. They are very conservative girls and don't like wearing dresses that are even slightly low cut or revealing in any way; they also don't like being center of attention. PLUS we were not even positive they would be coming at all. (As it is, I have been thinking that having 4 bridesmaids when we are only going to have like 30 guests total , including the wedding party, is going to be a little excessive). Then we find out his sisters were disappointed. So we struggled with what to do with them and then I had an idea :idea:, Groomswomen! Ben had asked my brother to be his best man (because they truly are best friends…which is very cool) and my other brother to be a groomsmen. However, he hadn't gotten around to asking his other two (his cousins) and he two "spaces" left. I know it is not traditional but I figured who cares…they are family and it meant a lot to them when we asked. It might look a little strange but at least everyone is included.

I figured they would wear the same dress as the bridesmaids but in black to match they guys tuxes. We had originally thought our colors would be pink and brown but we abandoned the brown when Ben refused to wear brown tuxes (I do agree...he looks better in black). So we thought pink, black and ivory would be a good color palette.

Unfortunately when we went dress shopping his sisters picked out something else they wanted to wear. A strapless satin ball gown with pick-ups...I was thinking, “what happened to the conservative girls!” I think they really wanted something they hadn't been able to were before...they were home schooled and never went to proms or anything like that. So I felt I couldn't say no. I am still not sure I am happy about their choice; I really wanted them to match the bridesmaids dresses but I suppose it will be okay. It also bothers me that their dresses are satin and the others are all tissue taffeta...uhg...it will be fine, right? :confused:

Here is a pic of the groomswomen dresses...

Groomswomen.jpg

This is the same dress in black but I hate the way the model is laying in the pic...you can't see thre dress. I think we are going without the bow too...

groomswomenblack.jpg

That groomswomen idea was genius. I love how things work out - 2 spots here, 2 sisters wanting to be involved! Even though it's not the same dress, I think the pick ups make the whole thing look coordinated. I love how it's all coming together! What will groomswomen do for flowers?

Great PJ - I am enjoying it! Your DF seems really nice! When my DBF proposed he was having our friends hold the ring for him so I wouldn't find it (I had a feeling something was up, lol) and he almost didn't get it back before he wanted to propose! haha so at least yours was prepared! Silly boys. Congrats again and can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Love your PJ so far and the Groomswomen idea is great, I think the dresses compliment each other well because of the skirts, but keeping the colour black seperates (sp?) them from your BMS, the photos will be stunning!

Thanks guys! I am glad everyone agrees with the groomswomen idea. I think the dresses will look good too. I am actually a little worried my BMs will like the groomswomen dresses better! Anyway... I thought I would share the story of our planning session

Planning Session

We went down to FL at Easter time so I did my planning session then. It was a little early because it was about 7 months before the wedding but we were going to be there so we figured it was a good time. Before the planning session I was so nervous...I have no idea why. It was going to be my, mom, the DF and my MOH/SIL. (My dad and brother had also come on the trip but they got left behind for the planning session:sad1: ). Our appointment was at 12:30 or 1:00 (can't remember) was supposed to be about 4 hours long. Let me tell you...it was intense. Now I was too nervous to eat anything and by the time we left there I had a horrible headache and felt like I was going to pass out. :headache: Work of advice...eat something before you go! It was fun though. They were really busy that day and we didn't really have a room so we sat at the big table in the middle of Francs. I didn't mind because they I could watch everyone else coming and going and be like "look at me, I am planning a Disney Wedding!":bride:

Our planning was Claudine and note the WAS part (aka is not now). Not to speak ill of her or anything, she was fine, but I wasn't too trilled when I found out she quit the company a few weeks after our planning session. ( I will get into that story in a min. ) We started with the ceremony and went through the whole event; she sort of walked us through the day. It was nice to be able to imagine it. Then we looked at the photo options, which I was not that impressed with, thus I am going with and outside photographer. Then we did the cake tasting, which was lots of fun but hard! I just couldn't decide. The DF wanted a layer to be marble cake with Bailey's filling. I was torn between almond cake with amaretto filling or almond cake with white chocolate filling. We ended up going the amaretto Filling. I think just so I could pick one because they were both good. For our anniversary layer we went with yellow cake with chocolate filling (because my fav dessert is yellow cake with choc frosting so the DF said our anniversary layer should be that) For our cake style we went with Mickey's Delight. Three layer with gold Mickey heads on it. This is a pic of the Mickey wave cake...Mickey's Delight is similar except the Mickey heads are just randomly all over, not in a wave and they will be gold.

WaveCake.jpg

However, while we were talking I mentioned Donald is my fav character and Claudine said we could do a Donald’s Delight instead. So instead of Mickey heads it will be Donald’s heads all over. I was so excited b/c Donald is my favorite by far and ducks in general are my favorite animal. (Which is saying a lot if you know me because I and an animal freak and work in a zoo with lots of exotic animals but ducks have been my favorite since I was about 4) so this cake is going to be so me! :cloud9: Since we are having a Donald cake now I am trying to convince my DF to have a Donald character at the wedding for the cake cutting. It almost seems like you have to, right! Well, I am still working on the DF :rolleyes1. So now I need a great Donald cake topper which is hard to find. Ideally I would like the cake topper below but it is crazy expensive...it is a collectors item, so I don't think I will get it. but it would be perfect. My wedding shower is in a few weeks and maybe my mom will surprise me with it...probably not but maybe I can hope!;)

jitterbug.jpg

After the cake we talked flowers with Rose and I think I want something similar to this but in Pinks and ivory.
Flowers.jpg

Then we went onto food...We are having a buffet. It is what we would want anyway but it is also the only thing we can have in the Attic. We tore apart the sample menus they gave us and got one that was really us. We are into comfort foods and we wanted stuff everyone would like. Here is a rough break down.

Pre-Reception
Fruit and dip
Cheese and crackers
Mini Pigs in a blanket (My DFs choice :rotfl: )
Fruit Punch and Champagne Punch

Dinner
Garden Salad
Antipasto display
Beef carving station
Parmesan Crusted Chicken with a mushroom cream
Basil Mashed potatoes
Parmesan Risotto
Mixed Seasonal Veggies
Cibatta bread and Bread sticks
Coffee, Tea, Lemonade

Dessert Party
The old world mini menu...if anyone wants to know what that includes...let me know.

Finally we talked alcohol which was tough. My parents don't drink, neither does the DF's mother or sisters. In fact, a majority of our guests don't really drink. Therefore, my parents (who are paying) didn't really want any alcohol. I myself don't often drink and when I do, if I have two drinks I am toast. I don't want to feel that way on my wedding day because I want to soak up every minute. Therefore, we chose only to have the champagne punch to save money. I am happy with that and glad to spend that money in our budget somewhere else.

After the planning session we crawled our starving bodies back to the resort to finally eat. I can't say enough...take an energy drink or something...it is a fun but exhausting process!

Alright..talk to you ladies in my next installment and I will be sure to tell you all about how my planner quit:sad1: ...which is something we are still trying to sort out.

I love the Donald cake idea! You'll have to post pics after your wedding-- I'd love to see it!

Good job on the groomswomen! We were originally only having a flower girl and ring bearer, but I've since asked my brother (their dad) to join us. I thought my 3 year old nephew might need a little help doing his job! :laughing: My brother is going to be our Man of Honor. He will be our "go to" person on our wedding day.

I love the bridesmaid and the groomswomen dresses. So pretty!

I love your dresses and that room is gorgeous!! everything looks great - popcorn:: waiting for more! :yay:

Michelle :cloud9:

Hey ladies...thanks for all your great comments, I love hearing everyones opinions!

So here is what happened next in my planning...warning, this is going to be a post of frustration since I have had a bad day. :headache: Sorry!

Someones is Pregnant
Well it is isn't me, thank goodness, but it is the DF's little sister. She got married the 1st weekend in May and the 1st week in June she called to say she was three weeks along! Apparently they work fast! :lmao: Well, I was a bit upset about it. I feel so selfish saying that but i always say honesty is the best policy so I am just being honest. I know I am just jealous; I would love to have kids but we have to wait until the DF is finshed with his PhD. so it will be a while. Plus we had just bought their dresses and now it wouldn't fit because she woul be 7 month along. Well we went the Davids Bridal and explained our issue and they said no problem, she could exchange it. It was sort of funny because she is really little, (size 2-4) and she thought if she went up to a 6 it would be okay. The woman helping her try stuff on was yelling, "honey...there is no way you are going to fit in a 6!...I am going to get the belly." Well out she comes with a pregnancy pillow for her to strap on and see how big she would be. Needless to say, she needed more than a 6! I have to say, even though I was feeling jealous over the whole thing, it was fun to watch her try on the tummy. I thought I would adjust to the idea of her being prego eventually but I really haven't. It is all his family talked about and I can't help but feel our wedding is being a little overshadowed by the impending birth of the 1st grandchild. :sad1: I don't want to sound like a selfish brat but I just needed to vent. ( I posted another thread about this earlier today...it has been on my mind alot).

The Planner Quits
Well I had Claudine Sanchez as my planner and after we had come back from our planning session I had been in touch with her assistant. Then I got an e-mail saying that her assistant was leaving Disney so I e-mailed Claudine to ask her stuff. I didn't hear from her for a few weeks and I was starting to getting irritated. Then I get an e-mail from Claudine saying she was leaving Disney and I would have a new planner in a few weeks. So I was pretty upset, I was supposed to have my budget from her three weeks prior and I had no answers to my questions. So I called Kristi Davis my old coordinator (who I loved) and told her the whole thing. She helped out and made sure they gave me a planner right away and that their manager was going to personally handle finishing my budget. I got my budget the day after and I was like"Wow, this is alot cheaper than I thought it would be!" :eek: Then I looked it over more closely and I saw there was no dinner on there!:confused: For a custom wedding I think the dinner is pretty important and I couldn't believe the big boss would over look it. I was probably more upset than I needed to be but this is disney and I expect more I guess. So I called and complained. Well, then gave me Michlle as a temp planner until the new person was hired; she got the budget all fixed and said we could talk it over in a few days. When I talked to Michelle in the end of June she said Jennifer would start in 1st week in July so I figured I would wait to work with Jennifer. Then Jennifer didn't get in touch we me until the end of July she left me a voice mail and didn't leave an e-mail. Talking on the phone is hard for me because I am away from my desk most of the day. So I e-mailed Michelle and asked for Jennifer's e-mail. I got it and sent her an e-mail and it wass the wrong e-mail address! :headache: So finally I had the afternoon off so I called her...she is on vacation until the 14th! :mad: Iknow if isn't anyones fault but I just wanted to talk to someone and get some answers to my questions. My wedding is just over 3 month away and I haven't even talked to my planner yet! :scared:

I am sure it will work out but I am just freaking out a little bit tonight. Thanks for reading my venting!

The plans look great so far!!! I love the detail on the dress, and what you have chosen for everyone to wear. Your bouquet is beautiful!!

The plans look great so far!!! I love the detail on the dress, and what you have chosen for everyone to wear. Your bouquet is beautiful!!

Thank you! It is so great to hear such positive feedback from experienced dis brides!

Hey ladies...well in my last post I was a little bit cranky..sorry about that...bad day! But I am feeling better today so I have some pics to share with everyone.

Shoes
I have finally found my wedding shoes; I am not a big fancy shoe person, since I work with animals I typically wear sneakers or crocs to work so when I have to buy fancy shoes I feel a little lost! But luckily I found the perfect pair! The color matches my dress perfectly, and I love the way they sparkle. I keep thinking about my dress and shoes will be sparkling during the fireworks at the dessert party :goodvibes . Here are the shoes...
100_1112.jpg

Card Box
I also have my card box/holder..my mom got it at target and it is actually a candle holder so it will have a use after. Since my colors are pink and black, I will put a pretty pink ribbon on top to make it look weddingish :cutie: . All of our favors and accessories are old-fashioned to go along with the 1930's theme so I think this fits pretty well.
100_1107.jpg

My cat Max was helping me take pictures
100_1109.jpg

Alirght, well all for now!

everything looks so good so far! you're almost 3 months away! :)

is your wedding a wishes wedding or intimate? i was thinking of having my reception at the attic but i'm not sure...

everything looks so good so far! you're almost 3 months away! :)

is your wedding a wishes wedding or intimate? i was thinking of having my reception at the attic but i'm not sure...

I know, I can not believe it is only 3 months! Pretty much everything is done but still, three months! It is crazy!

I am having a custom/wishes wedding. (When I started planning they were just called custom). I will be happy to tell you all about that Attic if you are interested I LOVE it! I might follow this up with a post just about the Attic with more pics.

I love the card holder! That is so unique! And those shoes are hot!!

Wow, I will remember that when I put them on because I have never had shoes that people have called hot! :cool1:

Info about the Attic

Hey everyone! As promised I thought I would post a little infor about the Attic. There is also a link to some pics on mouseweddings.com below. When I 1st starting planning my wedding I knew we wanted to have the reception close the the ceremony I actually didn't really care about where the ceremony was, I was more into the reception. I knew we were going to have a smallish wedding with 50 or less guests so I had looked on-line at reception places before I went on my site visit that looked like they were the right size. I had, on my own, narrowed down the reception sites to Ariels or the Attic.

I liked that Attic because it is already decorated and very private and had a great view. I guess it was orginally meant to be a lounge for DVC members but it didn't really work out so now it is just a rental. It is about two or three stories up in the BW overtop of Jelly Rolls (the dueling piano bar). The indoor space there is really pretty and fun, decorated like a 1930 seaside inn and there are big windows over looking the Boardwalk; you cannot change the decor so if you don't like it, I guess it is not the venue for you but you won't need much purchased decor in there! There is also a huge covered porch that overlooking the boardwalk and you can see the Epcot ball. Our reception will be from about 4:30-7:30 in Nov, so i cannot wait to see the view when it is dark. :cloud9:

Some other facts to know is you can not have over 50 people in there and you can only have buffet. It also isn't really appropriate for a DJ because it is on the smallish side and it might be overwhelming. We are going to have a gutarist I think.

Here are some great pics. http://www.mouseweddings.com/wedlocba.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter