Emily PJ for 11/19/07 SBP/Attic/UK DP-Update 8/27/07 Wedding shower pics

ecoon

Mouseketeer
Hi all...I have read a lot of PJ and TR and I thought I might start my own. My planning is actually winding down and I am feeling a little sad. I am so excitied for the wedding to come but I don't want it to be over. I thought maybe by sharing my planning with your gals I would get to experience it all over again! So here we go...enjoy!!

How We Met
Well Ben (my DF) and I met in the 3rd grade. We never dated in highschool but we basically best friends. Everyone said we were perfect for eachother but I said we were just friends. We were even prom king and queen! When we graduated I was like wait...why didn't I date him? So long story short...we started dating I week or two into our college career even through we were 4 hour apart. We were together 4 years before we got engaged.

Our Engagement
After about 4 years I was starting to become a little concerned about when we were going to get engaged. There were so many moments that I got really uptight because I was thinking this is a good time...is it going to happen and then I would get all nervous and start acting strange. That was something Ben really didn't want to happen at our engagement.

Now I am a Disney freak and have gone there just about every year since I was five...Ben 1st trip was with me durring our 2nd year dating. It was so cool to watch someone experience disney for the 1st time.

So durring our 4th year of dating we went to disney for Xmas (Dec 2005) with my family and I had a pretty good idea that he had a ring (something had come in the mail from our jewler even thought he had told them not to send anything to our apartment) but I didn't know when. We stayed at FW (like always...I LOVE FW) He had planned to do it on Chirstmas night on the beach after the fireworks with the castle in the background but I got in an fight with my brother and ended up in tears so he held off (Smart guy!). Three days later we had all gone over the the PR for coffee at night and decided to walk to the GF. On the path I saw a little chair swing on the beach and said we should go sit. Everyone else said there was going to carry on and since this was my idea to sit there I didn't think he would ask then. So we sat down and I was chattering away about how my butt was apparently too big for the seat and kept fidgeting but Ben was really quiet and kept saying how he really "liked that spot and we could see the castle, he loved disney, he loved me" finally I stood up to go and Ben just said "will you marry me?" He was holding my ring in his fingers and I was shocked. I couldn't believe how perfect the whole thing was. On the beach all alone, castle in the background, and I NEVER saw it coming. He later told me he had carried the ring around for like 2 days waiting for the right time to surprise me. It was terrific.

So Disney Wedding or Not Disney Wedding...That is the Question
Okay...so we got engaged just steps for the WP and Francs. My mom (who so really exicited) kept suggesting that we should go over and talk to someone about weddings. I said no that it would be too expensive and Ben's family were not a Disney fans. Ben himself was reluctant to get married there. So we mulled it over a for a few months and finally my mom (who really wanted a disney wedding) said she would fly us to Disney so we could talk to a wedding planner. So we went down to talk to Kristi Davis. It was me, my mom, Leah (sister in law/MOH) and Ben that went to Francs for a site visit. I told my mom...don't get exicited...this probably isn't going to happen. But after a few hours with Kristi I was sold. I didn't know how Ben felt about it because his family really wasn't into traveling for the wedding. We went to the Boardwalk and looked at the Attic for our reception. Again...completely sold, so were mom and Leah. It is so casual and fun there that was exactly what I wanted...and the view is amazing. After we left our site visit we went to the pool at FW and told my Dad and brother. And they were so exicted too...both really pushing for it too. But Ben was quiet and I could tell he was mulling it over. Finally he pulled me aside and said "lets go ahead with the Disney wedding, if it is what we really want then who cares who comes and who doesn't." so that was it. We were going to have a Disney wedding!:love:

More to come on the actual planning session that took place the following April.

Ben seems like such a sweetheart. Congratulations!! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans...

Aww your story is so sweet! I love that you both were Prom King and Queen before you were even dating- you were meant to be! :goodvibes
Can't wait to hear more!

Looking forward to hearing much, much more! The Attic has been suggested to us as well and looking forward to hearing about your plans and see how it all works out for you!

Love it! Cannot wait for more! He was so sweet to wait to surprise you, even when you were hard to surprise. Ah, true love!! :love:

I hope you have some pictures of you two together when you were little! That would be so adorable! My parents met when they were very young (3 and 7) and at their 25th anniversary party, a huge pic of them at that age (or near to it) was blown up poster size. It was such a hit!

The Attic sounds awesome and I'd love to hear more about it!

Thank you so much for all your comments and welcomes! This is so much fun...I should have started it sooner! So after went went on our site visit I started my search for a dress. I will post pics soon as I can!

Dress Shopping

Well I had been hesitant to start dress shopping. I am typically a very indecisive person and I could forsee it being a long drawn out affair; plus I was feeling a little bad about my appearance and wanted to lose weight and thus kept putting it off. We had had our orginal site visit in May 2006 and our planning session was scheduled for April 2007. It was January 2007 and I still had not even looked at dresses! Finally my mom forced me to go because it really needed to be done before the planning session since it really sets the tone of the wedding; there is a Davids Bridal close to my home and I decided I would look there 1st. I didn't really plan on buying it there because everybody went there. However, I figured it was a good place to start to get ideas. When we walked in I mentioned I like the dress in the window but i didn't like the cap sleeves. The woman helping me said they were removeable so I thought I would give it a shot. I also tried on three other dresses with similar looks but when I put on the dress in the window I just knew it was my dress. It was actually a lot fancier then I had ever throught I would get but my mom and MOH both just said it was THE dress. Unfortunately they only had it in a 12 and I typically wear an 8. They told me to try on one size up but I throught 2 sizes was a little exsessive for me. The steamstress came out and said I should buy the 12. I should have known better but I was so exicited I just wanted to take it home but it really was too big. I know they always tell you to buy up but I think sometimes they do it so you will have to pay for extra alterations. It is really hard to know what to do.

Alright...next up...the saga of having two sizes too big after losing 20 lbs:eek: and looking for the perfect bridesmaids dress for 4 very different girls.

Wow..please forgive me it is late and i just read through my last post and saw all the misspellings!

It's okay - I've seen much worse! I hope the dress saga turns out well. :hug: I know that will be the hardest part for me, too. I am so particular and white is just NOT as slimming as a great pair of black pants! You look like you are in great shape, so don't worry! Formal sizing is sooo off! They can always take it in. I am sure you will look beautiful! :bride: Now BM dresses, I'm not surprised if you have a saga there! :dance3: Do your BM's live nearby?

I am glad you're enjoying your PJ here.:cloud9: It's so nice to hear about how everything's going. I love reading everyone's, getting to "know" them and their DF/DH and see all their cool stuff! :bride: :groom: It is like being part of a wedding without having to dress up or leave the house!:rotfl:

There used to be a link to my dress pics here but sorry I had to erase dress pics so my DF wouldn't see them!

There used to be a link to my dress pics here but sorry I had to erase dress pics so my DF wouldn't see them!

what a great dress!!! looking forward to more.....:surfweb: while I "work ":rotfl2: it's an art to look this busy!!!!

Michelle :cloud9:

Okay, so I am typically not this dumb with tech stuff but let me see if I have figured out how to get a pic right into the post... (yup..deleted here too...sorry!)

P.S. I am working too...:rolleyes1

First off Congratulations! We get married two weeks before you! We will be leaving the day before your wedding....

Good luck with the planning! I've been having the same feeling as you lately...I'm excited to get married...but I don't want it to come b/c I don't want it to be over!

That's such a cute proposal! He must have been nervous carrying it around for 2 days!

I love your dress, it looks very pretty. Can't wait to hear the rest of the details.

That's such a cute proposal! He must have been nervous carrying it around for 2 days!

I love your dress, it looks very pretty. Can't wait to hear the rest of the details.

I know...I actually pick on him because it came in the beautiful deep blue ring box but he didn't have it in the box when he proposed. Later he gave me the box and I said "hey why didn't you just open the box" and he said he couldn't fit it in his pocket. I couldn't believe he would carry a brand new ring loose in the pocket of his jeans! He said he checked it about every two seconds to make sure it was still there! :eek: Boys!

Alright now tht I have FINALLY managed to post some pics I thought you might want to see some pics of our proposal spot. I love to talk about the proposal because it was seriously the happies day of my life thus far...but I am sure our impending wedding will top it! So here is where the magic happened!

Proposal1.jpg

proposal2.jpg

I look pretty bad in the one...went back the day after for pics because we didn't have a camera that night. But we went swimming right before so my hair is all frizzy and such! It sounds corny but I often think of taking our kids back to that spot someday and telling them it was where were got engaged. :love:

You are getting married on my birthday!!!!!!! You picked a GREAT and BEAUTIFUL DAY.. Good Luck to you:thumbsup2

First off Congratulations! We get married two weeks before you! We will be leaving the day before your wedding....

Good luck with the planning! I've been having the same feeling as you lately...I'm excited to get married...but I don't want it to come b/c I don't want it to be over!

Cool and congrats! I will keep my eyes peeled for anyone wearing the just married pins in the days before our wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter