Ellen & Pods alone at last at F&W-with a twist of Vero!9/25-10/1/09 Update12/14 p.15

Your V&A meal looks amazing! I'm glad you weren't disappointed. Too bad Diane wasn't there for a final pic.

Not adventurous enough an eater for V&A's myself but it LOOKS so good!! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it all. Really happy to hear it didn't feel snobbish either.

Now I can tell friends who are adventurous eaters that Ellen says it's cool and if Ellen says so then it is. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Chef's table next time?

my stomach about exploded when I saw how much food you had. Really if you think about it per course it isn't that expensive. How much wine is poured with each paring? I think if I had that many glasses I would be riding the monorail indefinately.

Happy birthday!

Wow, I was in foodie heaven reading your posts! Someday, Tom and I will do this! How long does the meal take from the time you're seated?

After dinner (oh, it was so hard to walk out that V&A door and leave behind all that luxurious pampering and being fussed over!!!) Pods asked me what I wanted to do, and I said I wanted to ride the monorail and check out the CG for fireworks. So we checked our bag of goodies with bell services at the GF and Pods told them, "We're goin' to RIDE the RAILS!!!" Ok, choo-choo train boy! :rotfl2: First, a look at the new GF mosaic floor that was being installed- for MILLIONS of dollars-

2009_100106summer0565.jpg

I can guarantee you that when Pods "rode the rails" on a family WDW trip at age 7 he NEVER thought he'd be riding them one day in a suit and tie! :rotfl:

2009_100106summer0566.jpg

Oh, the things I do for my wife.....
2009_100106summer0567.jpg

Yea- that's right- I've got all the power and control in THIS relationship!:rotfl:
2009_100106summer0568.jpg

Unfortunately, the CG was filled to capacity, and there would be no goin' up to watch wishes from the bar for us! So we headed over to the Outer Rim instead, and got wine- which I had about one sip of before handing it over to Pods to finish, because I was REALLY too full! They were showing a movie at the pool-

2009_100106summer0569.jpg

2009_100106summer0570.jpg

Since we were pretty much the only people there (everyone else was upstairs watching the fireworks) the bartender was happy to come over and take a few pics-

2009_100106summer0572.jpg

2009_100106summer0573.jpg

Then it was time to turn the camera on him- Peace, Cosmic Ray!!!

2009_100106summer0574.jpg

Nice guy- we said we'd be back to visit when we came back in a month, but he wasn't working when we did. We thought we might catch the fireworks from the Poly, so back to riding the rails-

2009_100106summer0575.jpg

See ya in a month, CR!

2009_100106summer0577.jpg

2009_100106summer0579.jpg

Look! It's Hallowishes!!!

2009_100106summer0580.jpg

2009_100106summer0582.jpg

Of course we got there right when it ended, but that was ok- the Poly is always pretty to visit and it is the one resort Pods & I have been wanting to stay at since we were kids. Someday.....

2009_100106summer0581.jpg

2009_100106summer0583.jpg

2009_100106summer0584.jpg

2009_100106summer0585.jpg

It was time to call it a night. And what a fantastic night it had been. See? It doesn't take THAT much to make me happy- just drop mucho several hundred $$$ on me, and I'm as giddy as a school girl! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Back at OKW, we were greeted by this welcoming comittee outside our door-

2009_100106summer0587.jpg

And I showed off my dress one last time before hittin' the hay-

Obviously Cosmic Ray used his shrinker-laser on me because I look waaaaay too short in this picture!
2009_100106summer0588.jpg

Tomorrow is our last full day!! I wonder what we'll do.....

Didn't last long !!!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank-GOODNESS! :rotfl::rotfl:

Your V&A meal looks amazing! I'm glad you weren't disappointed. Too bad Diane wasn't there for a final pic.

Ahhh...but I'm not done with Diane YET! :confused3

Not adventurous enough an eater for V&A's myself but it LOOKS so good!! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it all. Really happy to hear it didn't feel snobbish either.

Now I can tell friends who are adventurous eaters that Ellen says it's cool and if Ellen says so then it is. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Chef's table next time?

Oooohhhhh...Chef's Table! Maybe when I turn 50! That's the only way I can think of to justify it to the Hubby!! I've already decided I'm going to WDW on my 50th (because what could be a better way to celebrate that birthday than a big 'ol trip to Christmas in WDW?!!!), so maybe......

Your V&A meal looked incredible! Maybe one day, if we win the lottery...:laughing:

YOU would LOVE IT, foodie girl!! You did PFTS, it's not much different than that with the TIW.

my stomach about exploded when I saw how much food you had. Really if you think about it per course it isn't that expensive. How much wine is poured with each paring? I think if I had that many glasses I would be riding the monorail indefinately.

Happy birthday!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Not necessarily a BAD thing!
The wine is a decent pour- enough to make it through the food that it's meant to go with (unlike all those F&W pairings with a thimble of wine). Maybe 3 oz? And Thank-you!!!!

Wow, I was in foodie heaven reading your posts! Someday, Tom and I will do this! How long does the meal take from the time you're seated?

It is about 3 hours from when you are seated- but it doesn't feel like you're there that long, because it is paced perfectly. It is worth every penny. Truly. :love:

I love riding the rails. You look fantastic btw. Love your dress!

You're right though. That one pic mkes you seem much shorter than you are. :confused3 :rotfl:

eta: Forgot to add that's one cool welcoming committee. lol

Obviously Cosmic Ray used his shrinker-laser on me because I look waaaaay too short in this picture!
2009_100106summer0588.jpg

Ugh, what is up with that?! You really look miniature!! But the dress is adorable! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow is our last full day!! I wonder what we'll do.....

Ummmmm....EAT?? No......DRINK?? Ugh, this is so hard! You guys are really just so unpredictable! ;)

Oh Ellen - such a pretty dress and Pods looks quite daper in his suit and tie. Your dinner at V&A looks amazing. I made Denny get up and come look at the pictures last night. I oohed and ahhed so many times, he had no choice. Then I said, "Wow - I REALLY want to go there". And he said, "Maybe for our 50th anniversary". :rotfl2: So thirty years from now when you see two octogenarians rolling into V&A's with their walkers, you'll know we finally made it! :thumbsup2

But, all kidding aside, once we got those kids in college and we start heading down on longer solo trips, I am SO there!!!!!! And the wine - how did you stand up after all that wine???? :rotfl: As someone else said, I probably would be riding the rails all night. It sounded like - try this course - wine, here's your second course - wine, 3rd course - wine, and so on. That's a lot of courses to pair to wine, but I think I'm up for the challenge!!!! :rotfl2:

I had read on the OKW lovers thread, and knew from friends here at home who have been many times, that at OKW it's alot of fun to rent bikes and ride along the river to DTD. My plan was to go to the Basin store to pick up some gifts for all the moms who had helped make this trip possible by schlepping my boys around to their activities. Soo...off we went to Hanks to rent 2 bikes for an hour. The CM told us we had to stay on the paths, no riding on busy roads. Ok, fair enough! A pic before we left-

2009_100106summer0590.jpg

It's a really nice ride through the OKW property and then on to the path that goes to DTD. I was hoping to see river otters...but didn't. Oh well, another time! Soon we were passing SSR and on our way into DTD. It was about 9 am, so DTD was not super crowded when we got there and began by riding right through the middle of it- to which we were VERY QUICKLY approached by a CM on Segway who told us we couldn't ride there, we would have to use the path along the parking lot that runs behind DTD. Geez, Big Brother is watching EVERYTHING!!! :rotfl: It is probably safer for people purusing DTD if we are not slammin' down the middle of the "mall" but those paths behind DTD were not to safe for anyone. Anyway, we made it to the Basin store- Pods waited outside while I went in.

2009_100106summer0591.jpg

Pods HATES to shop. I HATE to shop with him. It is just a horrible, awful experience that we avoid ALWAYS. Even him being outside the store while I shop is bad. I can feel the pressure to hurry up and the words "we don't need it, they don't need it" circling in my head like an anti-shopping mantra the entire time I'm trying to pick something out. :rotfl:

This was my first visit to Basin and may I just say..WOW!! :worship: What a cool store!! All of these beautiful sliced up soaps in all different flavors, bath salts galore, just really, really cool. Since it would be the beginning of Oct when I handed them out, i chose a slice of the purple ghost soap (it smelled great!!) along with a tube of some orange bath salts which they shrink wrapped and tied Halloween colored ribbon to. So CUTE!!! I wish I had taken a pic before I gave them away!! Actually, i meant to go back in there on this last trip in November, but never quite made it. But in May? On the DISmoms trip? Shopping GALORE!!! :lmao: They would make great, inexpensive teachers gifts for Tyler's teachers (he's in 7th grade and switches for every class, so it's alot of people, but I'd like to give a little something to them, if I can).

Soooo...back to OKW! This time I stopped a few times for photos-

2009_100106summer0592.jpg

2009_100106summer0593.jpg

2009_100106summer0594.jpg

We were back in just about 1 hour, it was just right. I took a few photos around OKW before we went back to the room-

2009_100106summer0595.jpg

2009_100106summer0597.jpg

Really need to eat at Olivia's another time-

2009_100106summer0598.jpg

2009_100106summer0599.jpg

And back to our room-

2009_100106summer0600.jpg

Next- well, what do YOU think? We're going to Epcot to eat at F&W!!!!

What a great bike ride!! I love that y'all rode from the resort over to DTD...I didn't even think about being able to do that!
And I must say-you should work for Disney. It seems that you've sold me on just about every resort you've stayed at. First it was Hilton Head (where we'll be taking my Mom in May), then Vero Beach, and now Old Key West! Wow!

I fell in love with The Basin store, could have done some serious damage to my bank acct.:worship:

Great up dates Ellen!!! Loved the dress and Pods looked sooooo "Dapper" in the suit !!!Will have to check out Basins in February!!!!

What a great way to end the evening--visiting resorts and seeing fireworks! :thumbsup2

More like seeing fireWORK! :rotfl: I just don't make them enough of a priority, I guess. I'm always thinking, next time, I'll line up early....but, then I don't! :rotfl:

I love riding the rails. You look fantastic btw. Love your dress!

You're right though. That one pic mkes you seem much shorter than you are. :confused3 :rotfl:

eta: Forgot to add that's one cool welcoming committee. lol

Thanks! And aren't those little guys so cute? :cutie: Lots of OKW lovers say they like to hang out by the door lights there.

Ugh, what is up with that?! You really look miniature!! But the dress is adorable! :thumbsup2

Ummmmm....EAT?? No......DRINK?? Ugh, this is so hard! You guys are really just so unpredictable! ;)

Ok- serioiusly- it's like I'm a little teapot- short and stout!! :rotfl: Ironically, some perv on Photobucket made some skanky comment about that pic- I just don't get it!

HAHA! Surprise!! We went for a bike ride! After which we went to eat and drink. :rolleyes:

Oh Ellen - such a pretty dress and Pods looks quite daper in his suit and tie. Your dinner at V&A looks amazing. I made Denny get up and come look at the pictures last night. I oohed and ahhed so many times, he had no choice. Then I said, "Wow - I REALLY want to go there". And he said, "Maybe for our 50th anniversary". :rotfl2: So thirty years from now when you see two octogenarians rolling into V&A's with their walkers, you'll know we finally made it! :thumbsup2

But, all kidding aside, once we got those kids in college and we start heading down on longer solo trips, I am SO there!!!!!! And the wine - how did you stand up after all that wine???? :rotfl: As someone else said, I probably would be riding the rails all night. It sounded like - try this course - wine, here's your second course - wine, 3rd course - wine, and so on. That's a lot of courses to pair to wine, but I think I'm up for the challenge!!!! :rotfl2:

We justified the expense with it was in lieu of my birthday dinner and our anniversary dinner- which we usually go into the city or some high end thing for anyway. And it really isn't too much wine. It's about a half a glass with 6 courses- and it takes 3 hours or more. Many, many people are doing this pairing, and there is no one stumbling out of there or acting drunk. Remember, it goes with a lot of food!

What a great bike ride!! I love that y'all rode from the resort over to DTD...I didn't even think about being able to do that!
And I must say-you should work for Disney. It seems that you've sold me on just about every resort you've stayed at. First it was Hilton Head (where we'll be taking my Mom in May), then Vero Beach, and now Old Key West! Wow!

:rotfl2: That's what my friends all say- that I should work for Disney- I wish I did work for their PR Dept!! But probably 99% of us on these boards could do that job well, we all love it so much. I feel like there is something positive to say about every one of the DVC places I've stayed- they all have something good about them, and they all are unique. Of course, all have drawbacks, too, but I choose to focus on the positive attributes rather than the negatives- because life is too short to look for ways to be unhappy. :hippie: I'm so glad you're going to HHI!!! :banana: I wish it were closer for us- like say, the distance from here to OBX (about 7 or 8 hours). It would be MUCH easier to go for quick trips then. I really want to go for Thanksgiving, or I'd love to go for the day after Christmas through New Years...or Spring Break (especially next year because Easter is soo late in 2011) well, hopefully I will, someday!!

I fell in love with The Basin store, could have done some serious damage to my bank acct.:worship:

::yes::

Great up dates Ellen!!! Loved the dress and Pods looked sooooo "Dapper" in the suit !!!Will have to check out Basins in February!!!!

If you want an idea of what the Basin store sells, look at www.basin.com.
Lots of cool stuff!! Oh- and I LOVE to dress up with Pods. He always looks so handsome! :love:

never would have thought to rent a bike at WDW. Love the different ideas that I find on the DIS. Tim was on the river bass fishing last spring. He said it was really cool to see the back side of Disney. I'm sure it was the same thing with the bikes.

I'm getting a kick out of Tim. He's headed to NYC next week and is dreading it. He's thinking it will be packed full of shoppers. He is most certainly a country boy. BTW I know you are stones throw from the city--what is a good sushi place near Times Square?

We justified the expense with it was in lieu of my birthday dinner and our anniversary dinner- which we usually go into the city or some high end thing for anyway. And it really isn't too much wine. It's about a half a glass with 6 courses- and it takes 3 hours or more. Many, many people are doing this pairing, and there is no one stumbling out of there or acting drunk. Remember, it goes with a lot of food!

:

I know its not that much wine, but when I read through it the first time is just "sounded" like a lot of wine. I was cracking up thinking food wine, food wine, more food wine, food wine, then again - food wine. When I read it a second time I realized I was exagerating a bit. :rotfl:

By the way - I want in on the Dis mom meet at the sake bar. That sounds like some fun!

What a pretty bike ride! I'm looking forward to browsing around Basin. Your idea for teacher gifts is great--I might steal the idea! :rolleyes1

never would have thought to rent a bike at WDW. Love the different ideas that I find on the DIS. Tim was on the river bass fishing last spring. He said it was really cool to see the back side of Disney. I'm sure it was the same thing with the bikes.

I'm getting a kick out of Tim. He's headed to NYC next week and is dreading it. He's thinking it will be packed full of shoppers. He is most certainly a country boy. BTW I know you are stones throw from the city--what is a good sushi place near Times Square?

That's one of the things on my list of things to do with the boys- bass fishing. We gave them a choice between that and golf this visit, and they chose golf, but SOMEDAY we are getting on a boat and catching some fish! :rotfl:

Too funny about Tim- but, he is probably right, there will be shoppers around. Usually though it's the craziest by Rockefeller Center (because of the Tree & St. Pat's). ESPECIALLY on the weekends. There's a sushi restaurant right off Times Sq called Sushi Zen(108 W. 44th). Many people think he's the best sushi chef in NYC. http://www.sushizen-ny.com/home There's also Blue Fin, which is right on Times Sq. It is a good place for a cocktail, because it has windows right on Times Square and it is great for people watching. If he wants to watch $$ and fill up on pasta, Lydia Bastianich's restaurant, Becco, is on w 46th, also nearby. They have a really reasonable all you can eat pasta meal where they give you an antipaste or a ceaser salad, then come around with 3 different kinds of pasta and keep refilling your plate, for $23. Also a wine list of bottles for $25. They also have pretty good Osso Bucco. There's also a place called St. Andrew's (as in Scotland)on W 46th that I've eaten at with Scottish friends that's good- and they have AMAZING sticky-toffee-pudding...YUM!! Also a very Scottish bar. Tell him he needs to walk up to the Disney Store and bring home some NYC Disney stuff! :thumbsup2

I know its not that much wine, but when I read through it the first time is just "sounded" like a lot of wine. I was cracking up thinking food wine, food wine, more food wine, food wine, then again - food wine. When I read it a second time I realized I was exagerating a bit. :rotfl:

By the way - I want in on the Dis mom meet at the sake bar. That sounds like some fun!

DONE! Actually, I'm looking forward to the Ditch, too. They have some nice lookin' Ritas there!!

What a pretty bike ride! I'm looking forward to browsing around Basin. Your idea for teacher gifts is great--I might steal the idea! :rolleyes1

Be my guest! As long as we don't have kids in the same class (because then we could chip in together for something even nicer)! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter