Ellen & Pods alone at last at F&W-with a twist of Vero!9/25-10/1/09 Update12/14 p.15

Ellen! My LORD, you go on vacation A LOT!! I can't keep up with all your TRs! Okay, I'm going to start on this one and work my way back. I haven't read it all yet but I just wanted to let you know I'm here!! Hope to finish reading before you start your NEW "jersey week" TR!

Yet again, there is soooooooooo much I need to teach you about Disney....once again proving I AM the wiser DISmom.:snooty:

But have I ever mentioned that I'm younger???? :rolleyes1

OMG!!! You hollered at me for calling Ally a howler monkey but you call her "the devil wears sparkly ears???" Hmmmm, wait, I guess that about sums it up!

And yet again, ITSK is BAAAAAAACK!

2009_100106summer0291.jpg

Seriously folks, it's a gift. I was just born this photogenic. Ellen, I will KILL you when I see you in April!!!!!!

Oh, Kara - you look great here. Did you see my "who has the biggest nose" Arbonne glamor pic from Mon night on FB? Yah - now who was born photogenic?

Ellen, sorry I missed your send off. Your dress is really pretty! If you check in, I hope Sean went with you and you are having a wonderful, peaceful family time. I'm prayin'!:hug:

Sean made the trip!!!!! :banana: I got a text from Ellen yesterday that they were ALL boarding the plane, and then later they were in Epcot!!!

:cool1::banana::cool1:Yay! another ITSK !!!!

Loved the PODS with the Beverley Face pix !!!:rotfl2:

Ellen the food looks great !!! Glad Sean went :cloud9:

Sean made the trip!!!!! :banana: I got a text from Ellen yesterday that they were ALL boarding the plane, and then later they were in Epcot!!!

Wow....that's got to be nerve wracking. I hope the whole family is having a great time!

Hi! We are having a great time- Kidani is amazing- I wish we were here the whole week!!! Lots of animals outside our room, and the kids all just had fun at the pool. Now headed to the arcade then DHS and Boma for dinner.

And how 'bout them Yankees!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :dance3: :yay:

Thanks for all the prayers- we are so glad Sean is here and enjoying himself!!!

Ellen

Hi! We are having a great time- Kidani is amazing- I wish we were here the whole week!!! Lots of animals outside our room, and the kids all just had fun at the pool. Now headed to the arcade then DHS and Boma for dinner.

And how 'bout them Yankees!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :dance3: :yay:

Thanks for all the prayers- we are so glad Sean is here and enjoying himself!!!

Ellen

Ellen - That is so great that you are all having such a fantastic trip and that you love Kidani. It's so much prettier in real life, isn't it?

As far as those yankees are concerned ......I'm from Philly originally, so "no comment".

Ellen - so glad Sean made it with you. Glad you are all having a great time. We are on our way tomorrow. :woohoo: Can't wait. Take care.

Funny thing about the Phillies fans- they were out in full force on Weds in Epcot, the place was packed with 'em. Yesterday, though, not one Phillies tshirt anywhere. :confused3 Guess they all went home Thurs morning....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Funny thing about the Phillies fans- they were out in full force on Weds in Epcot, the place was packed with 'em. Yesterday, though, not one Phillies tshirt anywhere. :confused3 Guess they all went home Thurs morning....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: That is pretty funny! There was even that much mention of the Phillies on our local news. It was like, "Oh well, better luck next year". :confused3

Well, we're home! Had another great trip to WDW, absolutely adored both Kidani and BLT. Even my CPA hubby with barely an opinion was impressed by BLT- and my kids liked it best. That may have something to do with the giant arcade over there, though...:rolleyes1. It was our first time to ever stay on a monorail resort, and I can really see what all the fuss is about. Very, very convenient to so much. ::yes:: Sean did very, VERY well on this trip- we were so proud of him. :hug: I think he loved having 2 seperate rooms for us to all be in, it gave him some space to decompress. We were all loving the 1 BDRM villas. Went to the darkside for the weekend- stayed at HRH, sadly, Sean was NOT as happy over there. :sad1: The first night was HORRIBLY stressful (he had a major melt-down) and it was exhausting for all of us. Then we were worried he would be freaking out when we went back to WDW to stay at BLT- but he couldn't have been happier. :yay: Guess he's just a great big Disney fan! :woohoo:

Just one last detail ( don't want to tell you EVERYTHING, I won't have a TR to write!!). All of us were sick at some point on this trip, with Sean being the most ill yesterday, our last day. He was running a fever as we were packing up to get out of the room- and he was NOT going to get out of bed (we felt soooo bad for him). I called Member Services, and explained the situation. They in turn called the Contemporary- and within minutes, the hotel manager was at our door with temporary keys to a studio room down the hall that we could use until the Magical Express came for us at 3:30. He apologized for having to move us, but the 1 bdrm we were in was booked. I can't even begin to tell you what a relief this was to us. Pods stayed in the room with Sean who slept all afternoon, while I went to Epcot with T&T for a couple of hours. If they hadn't done this for us, Pods & Sean would have been outside on a bench somewhere just waiting for the day to end. It would have been HORRIBLE. But Disney really sprinkled us with some Magic by allowing us the use of that studio yesterday. Could not be any more grateful to them.:worship: I love, love, LOVE our DVC!!!!!:love: :love: :love:

Back to the last vacation later.....

Ellen

Glad you made it home safely and everything went well...for the most part. I think you learned your lesson...NEVER stay off-property again! Sooo glad Sean was able to enjoy you WDW resorts though AND that they were so nice to let him stay and sleep. I hope everyone is feeling better today! Looking forward to reading a Jersey Week TR!

Just found your TR. Looks like you had a great time. I never thought about going to VB until seeing your TR. It looks amazing.
I also read about the DISMoms trip awhile back and have posted on a couple of Cammies TR's. Sounds like the DISMoms know how to have a good time! :thumbsup2

oh ellen! I sorry everyone got sick :( I'm very happy to hear that Sean did well. The two room thing really has me rethinking my plan to stay at CSR. I almost wonder if renting points might make more sense.

BTW what is Jersey week? Is that when you have your fall quarter break? Minnesota has MEA which is when we will go. I have heard it is just packed with MN people.

Glad you made it home safely and everything went well...for the most part. I think you learned your lesson...NEVER stay off-property again! Sooo glad Sean was able to enjoy you WDW resorts though AND that they were so nice to let him stay and sleep. I hope everyone is feeling better today! Looking forward to reading a Jersey Week TR!

Well...I didn't need to learn that lesson. ;) I went for the 12 year old roller coaster kid. :laughing: I like to go to places other than Disney, but not when I'm in Orlando. Although, HRH was a VERY nice hotel, very convenient to the parks and great amenities, as well as some very good restaurants. And the employees were very nice. If i could get over my Disney addiction, I would probably have loved it there!! :rotfl: I would definitely go back, just probably not with Sean.

Just found your TR. Looks like you had a great time. I never thought about going to VB until seeing your TR. It looks amazing.
I also read about the DISMoms trip awhile back and have posted on a couple of Cammies TR's. Sounds like the DISMoms know how to have a good time! :thumbsup2

Hi there! :goodvibes Yes, we Dismoms know how to have a good time! I just finished making our ADRs for our trip April 30th. I am looking forward to staying in just ONE VILLA FOR AN ENTIRE VACATION....:rotfl: Thanks for coming to read my TR!

oh ellen! I sorry everyone got sick :( I'm very happy to hear that Sean did well. The two room thing really has me rethinking my plan to stay at CSR. I almost wonder if renting points might make more sense.

BTW what is Jersey week? Is that when you have your fall quarter break? Minnesota has MEA which is when we will go. I have heard it is just packed with MN people.

It's ok that we got sick- well, what are you supposed to do? Just make the best of it, and that is what we did. I really think the 2 rooms was a good thing for Sean, he could be off in one room with just himself or one other person, I think it really did help him relax. And we also spent more "downtime" this vacation back at the hotel, I think that helped him, too. The BEST day was Friday when pods & T & T went golfing and Sean and I just did things I knew he would enjoy- the big McDonald's at DTD, the toy store, then MK and all his favorite rides. He was very happy that day- until we pulled into the HRH that night, anyway! :rotfl:

And NJ week is the first week of November. Eery year on the first Thursday and Friday in November there is a teachers convention in NJ, and the kids have off those 2 days, so a TON of people pull their kids out and go down to WDW for all or part of the week. The problem is the airfare, though- it is as pricey as going away for Christmas or Easter, really jacked up out of Newark. That's why we went Weds to Tuesday- we saved $1000. Next year we're doing a DCL western this week, and we may have to either suck it up or go out of JFK like we did for the last cruise to save some $$. It just makes me CRAZY, the thought of airfare to Fl being $500 pp when it is normally about $220. :scared1:

Alright- I am off to finish my bookclub book, it's called The Help and it's excellent!! :) Then all the fun things- grocery shopping, cleaning toilets, laundry (which I don't have a ton of because I did a bunch at BLT in the room:thumbsup2)......

I'm so sorry everyone got sick.:hug: We had some of the best meals of our trip at the Universal restaurants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter