Eliminate the Park Reservation Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem if Disney keeps the park reservation system if they use it to control the crowds. For the last several years this is the biggest complaint I have read on the boards is WDW is to crowded. WDW does not have enough attractions or dining places to handle the ever increasing crowds. Too many times WDW has replaced attractions but not added more. Dinning books up months in advance. The will just charge more but have less people. I think they will probably eliminate FL resident AP or raise the price so much to discourage people from buying. that would maybe reduce the number of vloggers in the parks. I do enjoy watching some of them but they are a little annoying when your in the parks just way to many of them. Bob C has even said they need to control the crowds to make a better customer experience.
I can't quite understand the whole vlogging thing. Why do I care about someone else's experiences or opinions?

I can't quite understand the whole vlogging thing. Why do I care about someone else's experiences or opinions?
i'll say that we we're going to book for CBR a few years back, popped on youtube and found a video review of it. First time we watched Tim Tracker, and because of his video, we booked at a different resort. It was during the refurb of CBR.

I'd say I'm adapting. I've been to WDW twice this year and going twice more. Still don't like the park rezzy system and probably never will. Then again, I disliked Happily Ever After when it first replaced Wishes and now I love it. So who knows?
I can adjust to the park reservation system. What I can't adjust to not being able to make fastpasses. Standing in lines for 30-90 minutes is not my cup of tea.

I also hate the long lines and since I am usually alone and many are still COVID shy, no one will talk to you to pass the time.

• Sad
Reactions: rlk

No one is paying $25 pp for RIV or $21 pp for SSR. There might be a one or two that can get 3 times the MF’s, but not all. Most rent in the $16-18 pp.

Examples agreed. But even a 100 % mark up isn't a bad option. At least when somebody is trying to make a "stuck with going" argument.

I know you can rent them. I rented out all of my points for this year, but it was all at the 11 month mark. My point was just as far as renting points goes, it's harder to coordinate that for last minute trips when you might have to piece together a reservation. I'm sure you CAN find last min reservations, just that it's much harder than it would have been in the past with the excess points.

I agree there will be a couple years of tougher rentals and reservations But that will pass. For now I recommend staying on top of the available choices.

I believe they’re keeping park rezzies to disperse people more evenly across the four parks…

Yup same reasoning behind FP+. Allows Disney to redistribute guests to ‘underutilized’ attractions instead of building new attractions.

now its underused ‘parks’ meanwhile down I-4 a ways competition is building new lands and parks

which do you think will be more successful long term????

Yup same reasoning behind FP+. Allows Disney to redistribute guests to ‘underutilized’ attractions instead of building new attractions.

now its underused ‘parks’ meanwhile down I-4 a ways competition is building new lands and parks

which do you think will be more successful long term????
Who isn't building new attractions?

I believe they’re keeping park rezzies to disperse people more evenly across the four parks…

Currently the number of people allowed in each park is based on the capacity of each park. The reservation system doesn't disperse them evenly and no one has any indication that the capacity cap is different based on which park it is. If they were dispersing more evenly, then all the parks would have the same level of crowds and they don't.

Currently the number of people allowed in each park is based on the capacity of each park. The reservation system doesn't disperse them evenly and no one has any indication that the capacity cap is different based on which park it is. If they were dispersing more evenly, then all the parks would have the same level of crowds and they don't.

Or the distribution algorithm is broken because queueing algorithms more advanced than can be found in a CS textbook cant be found on StackExchange or any of the other copypasta sites.

Disney and their replace vs add strategy and building attractions with ridiculously low capacity to meet budget demands vs guest demand
They currently have at least 3 attractions well under construction that are not replacing anything. And a 4th that's replacing something that barely anyone ever visited, so I'm sure the capacity actually used will be much better.

But not surprised once again using incorrect info to try and prove an invalid point.

We have been to Disney World multiple times when a park, usually the MK, has reached capacity. You just go to another park. Most people tend to be self regulating. I have left Hollywood Studios and gone elsewhere when it’s gotten crowded. The reservation system removes that option.

We have been to Disney World multiple times when a park, usually the MK, has reached capacity. You just go to another park. Most people tend to be self regulating. I have left Hollywood Studios and gone elsewhere when it’s gotten crowded. The reservation system removes that option.
For now. Nothing says it will be like that forever.

For now. Nothing says it will be like that forever.
A cast member at guest services told me yesterday that it’s “here to stay”, for staffing purposes in the parks. My response was, that it’s predictable by the number of room, reservations in the resort hotels and the Hotel Plaza, all which link for access to dining reservations. Disney has access to the predicted number of park guests, historically, hotel reservations and dining reservations. They do not need to inconvenience guests.

A cast member at guest services told me yesterday that it’s “here to stay”, for staffing purposes in the parks. My response was, that it’s predictable by the number of room, reservations in the resort hotels and the Hotel Plaza, all which link for access to dining reservations. Disney has access to the predicted number of park guests, historically, hotel reservations and dining reservations. They do not need to inconvenience guests.
I'm not saying that park reservations are going anywhere. It was announced last year that they are here to stay. I'm saying that it likely won't be hard to change parks last minute.

I'm not saying that park reservations are going anywhere. It was announced last year that they are here to stay. I'm saying that it likely won't be hard to change parks last minute.
I agree. Cast members are often the next to the last to know.

The park reservation system never really bothered until travel fever hit, and the lack of available rooms + limited capacity and Disney’s general lack of care for consumer feedback all combined like the perfect storm. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter