Eliminate the Park Reservation Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipkin

Mouseketeer
With mask requirements, physical distancing, etc being relaxed, it’s time to eliminate park reservations. Universal has done so. How Disney hopes to fill the huge number of hotel rooms when they come back on line and not make the parks fully open without a reservation is not sustainable. Who is going to buy airfare and pay for a vacation and tickets if access isn’t assured.

They've already said park reservations are sticking around for a while.
They haven’t actually made that statement. They have opened up reservations to include it. It can be dropped at any moment, just like the masks and distancing requirements are.

They haven’t actually made that statement. They have opened up reservations to include it. It can be dropped at any moment, just like the masks and distancing requirements are.
They have. I think the next several months will pose some issues between gradual increases in capacity and a whole lot of people rushing back but the hope is that eventually when capacity is back to normal and things settle down, you won’t need reservations well in advance.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/03/disn...uture-of-disney-park-pass-reservation-system/

What about AP holders? I have a platinum pass which has no blockout dates. If I want to go on a day when a park is full, I should still be able to go. That’s the reason I bought that specific pass.
Currently you have to make a reservation. One could assume that will continue, but we don't know what APs will look like upon return. But when parks are at 100% capacity not being able to get a reservation will be unheard of outside of the big 4-5 holidays.

Try going into MK with an AP on Christmas Day when it's already closed for capacity, same situation.

Currently you have to make a reservation. One could assume that will continue, but we don't know what APs will look like upon return. But when parks are at 100% capacity not being able to get a reservation will be unheard of outside of the big 4-5 holidays.

Try going into MK with an AP on Christmas Day when it's already closed for capacity, same situation.
Yep, and a park hasn't hit 100% capacity since 2009, so the chance is pretty darn low.

Not necessarily. Depends on which of the capacity buckets you fall into, same as now.

the difference is you can alter your chances on high capacity dates on the day of under the old system.

What about AP holders? I have a platinum pass which has no blockout dates. If I want to go on a day when a park is full, I should still be able to go. That’s the reason I bought that specific pass.
If a park is actually completely full (rare), it doesn’t matter what ticket or pass you hold - you’re not getting in. Platinum gives us no blackout dates, not a right to enter even when full.

Not necessarily. Depends on which of the capacity buckets you fall into, same as now.

the difference is you can alter your chances on high capacity dates on the day of under the old system.
They said park reservations will continue. That doesn't mean they have to keep allocating capacity to various buckets. With ample capacity, I don't see the need.

They said park reservations will continue. That doesn't mean they have to keep allocating capacity to various buckets. With ample capacity, I don't see the need.
Rumor has it they will have an artificial capacity. They will keep the buckets.

Just another reason not to go back. I will never return until it is back the way I like it. I expect to be able to buy APs, see fireworks and shows, get my picture taken while hugging characters, eat, etc.

I am fine without WDW. I won't pay for the crap that they are selling right now. I am stunned that people who know how much they are being ripped off are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter