ECV and Universal help

kdkbrebel

DIS Veteran
Can anyone share their ECV and US/IOA experiences? We will be making a day trip with the 2 park 1 day passes with transfers on our trip. We have only been once before and that was in 2007 and it was a day trip as well. It was pretty horrible but I blame that most in part because it was day 7 of a 10 day commando trip and we had just did way to much. I also hated the having to get a locker at so many ride crap. This will be my first trip needing an ECV since I have MS and the heat, fatigue and balance issues would be a real problem with out one. So any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

Went to USF/IOA in January. It was miserbale as far as the ECV went. None of the rides/lines are equipped for an ecv. From their website:

We apologize, but none of the ride vehicles or attraction queues at Universal Orlando will accommodate Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECV’s) or electric wheelchairs. At those rides which can accommodate manual wheelchairs, guests may transfer from their ECV or electric wheelchair into a manual wheelchair that is provided at each location.

Do they have alternate arrangements (handicapped entrances) or do you have to stand line with everyone else?

It sounds like you can transfer to a manual wheelchair, which they provide at each ride. But it seems to me like they would only have a limited number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter