Eat at Home 3!

Went grocery shopping today yay! My slow cooker will be getting some use this week.

Tomorrow: Slow cooker Meatloaf with potatoes and carrots from Food Network Magazine
Tuesday: The use the leftovers from ^^^" from the magazine and doing meatloaf quesadillas. Side TBD if there aren't leftover potatoes and carrots. (frozen veggie sides come in handy for this!)
Wednesday: Baked ziti (from the freezer), Caesar salad
Thursday: I have my workout class. Leftovers/soup. FFY basically.
Friday: I got a gift card for Brinker restaurant for my birthday. So not "eating at home" but we won't have to spend any money :rolleyes1:-) going to use it at Chili's.
Saturday: Slow cooker Italian chicken and peppers over penne pasta (I have a lot of it since penne was on the clearance end cap at target last week and I picked up 10 boxes at .55 each! only shape on the clearance rack) I will freeze half of the chicken and peppers
http://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/11/slow-cooker-italian-chicken-and-peppers/
Sunday: Using up the last of the bell peppers for PW's black bean soup http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/black-bean-soup/

Sun - Roasted chicken, Cornbread stuffing with bok choy and onions, Mashed potatoes, Roasted broccoli
Mon - Ground pork and fresh tomato soft tacos, sliced pears
Tues - Cheesy potato soup (with leftover roasted broccoli and bok choy and fresh carrot tops), biscuits
Wed - Leftover soup, sliced apples
Thurs - Noodles and Company meal out (or more leftovers)
Fri - Breakfast for dinner - pancakes, bacon, fruit and yogurt parfaits with granola
Sat - Deluxe Cheeseburgers, Homemade Kale chips, fruit salad

Tonight- western omelets, fried mushrooms, sliced fruit, pancakes for the kids
Tues-pork chops, kraft dinner (kids), salad
Wed-meatball subs, pizza subs (kids), some frozen veg
Thurs-ham and grilled cheese sammies, cut up veggies
Fri-Cobb salad, PB&J's and fruit (kids)
Sat-turkey stirfry, naan pizza (kids), not sure of veg
Sun-leftovers

Today Homemade chili made 2 pots one is already gone
Tuesday the other pot chili
Wednesday Chicken, green beans, peas
Thursday left leftovers
Friday - pizza and salad
Sat. TBA
Sun TBA

Sunday ... Made a turkey as I had one in the freezer. Mashed Potatoes , Green and Yellow Beans, Stuffing
Monday...Pasta with bolognese sauce
Tuesday..Leftover turkey and mashed potatoes and carrots and dip
Wednesday.. Breakfast for dinner
Thursday.. Leftover pasta
Friday..BBQ chicken drumsticks, perogies, broccoli, sweet potatoes
Saturday.. Dinner at my parents
Sunday.. Homemade chicken and bacon pizzas , leftover turkey and salad for me

Hi Gang, looks of yummy stuff posted here!

Week of 11/15
Sun 15 - Out to Applebee's to celebrate my DD's 22nd bday
Monday 16 - leftovers from the freezer - Shepard's Pie, Baked beans and Meatloaf
Tuesday 17 - Pork chops cooked in gravy with potatoes and carrots
Wednesday 18 - I'm going to the movies the boys can have a 3 meat Digorno pizza
Thursday 19 - Hubs is cooking steak on the grill, 4 cheese rice and green beans
Friday 20 - Taste of Home sloppy joes

Saturday 20 thru Saturday 28 - we are vacation and will be eating out most every day with gift cards for late lunches/early dinners

Have a great week.. Michelle

Switching things up. It's cold and rainy so I am heating up some soup instead of making the stuffed acorn squash. May also make grilled cheese, but have to see if I have bread or not. If not, then just crackers.

Switching things up. It's cold and rainy so I am heating up some soup instead of making the stuffed acorn squash. May also make grilled cheese, but have to see if I have bread or not. If not, then just crackers.

We are actually having soup from the freezer and grilled cheese tonight, too. YUM!

Wow, this thread is not as active as it used to be! We will be leaving Wednesday evening for our second annual Thanksgiving beach trip to Gulf Shores. Both my parents and DH's parents own condos down there now. Who's gonna argue with heading to the beach for Thanksgiving??? So, our menu this week is short...

Saturday:
Chili
GF Cornbread

Sunday:
Teriyaki Chicken and Rice with Broccoli added (http://www.whilehewasnapping.com/2011/03/20-minute-teriyaki-chicken-rice/)

Monday:
Chili and Cheese Baked Potatoes (using leftover Chili)

Tuesday:
Any leftovers lingering in the fridge and sandwiches

And to all of you:

Mickey Thanksgiving.jpg

oopsiDAISY that teriyaki chicken dish sounds wonderful! Enjoy your trip and Thanksgiving..

I am on vacation after today - just staying home but I am not cooking dinner once.. we have saved up giftcards and will be out and about with family so I'll be back around the 30th with a menu! Michelle

oopsiDAISY that teriyaki chicken dish sounds wonderful! Enjoy your trip and Thanksgiving..

I am on vacation after today - just staying home but I am not cooking dinner once.. we have saved up giftcards and will be out and about with family so I'll be back around the 30th with a menu! Michelle

Not cooking dinner at all for over a week...Now THAT is a vacation, my friend!!!! Enjoy!

Sat - Fried Chicken, Macaroni Salad, Clementines
Sun - Chicken Tacos, Black Beans, Sliced Pears/Apples
Mon - Chicken Pot Pie (with Onions, Carrots, Carrot Tops, Bok Choy, Peas, Bacon) and Spinach Salad with dried cranberries, apples, and warm bacon dressing
Tues - Deluxe Cheeseburgers (with any leftover bacon), Potato Salad, Clementines, Pumpkin Pie Slushies
Wed - Frozen Pizza (I'll be cooking all day, so this is easy night), Roasted Broccoli, Apple Slices
Thurs - Thanksgiving (Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Fall Salad, Sweet Potato Pie, and Pumpkin Pie)
Fri - Homemade Pasta Alfredo topped with broccoli rabe and roasted white mushrooms (leftover turkey added for meat eaters)
Sat - Thanksgiving Leftovers (or Out, if we don't have any)

Went grocery shopping today yay! My slow cooker will be getting some use this week.

Tomorrow: Slow cooker Meatloaf with potatoes and carrots from Food Network Magazine
Tuesday: The use the leftovers from ^^^" from the magazine and doing meatloaf quesadillas. Side TBD if there aren't leftover potatoes and carrots. (frozen veggie sides come in handy for this!)
Wednesday: Baked ziti (from the freezer), Caesar salad
Thursday: I have my workout class. Leftovers/soup. FFY basically.
Friday: I got a gift card for Brinker restaurant for my birthday. So not "eating at home" but we won't have to spend any money :rolleyes1:-) going to use it at Chili's.
Saturday: Slow cooker Italian chicken and peppers over penne pasta (I have a lot of it since penne was on the clearance end cap at target last week and I picked up 10 boxes at .55 each! only shape on the clearance rack) I will freeze half of the chicken and peppers
http://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/11/slow-cooker-italian-chicken-and-peppers/
Sunday: Using up the last of the bell peppers for PW's black bean soup http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/black-bean-soup/
What is the recipe for Italian chicken and peppers? Sounds good!

Hi Gang, looks of yummy stuff posted here!

Week of 11/15
Sun 15 - Out to Applebee's to celebrate my DD's 22nd bday
Monday 16 - leftovers from the freezer - Shepard's Pie, Baked beans and Meatloaf
Tuesday 17 - Pork chops cooked in gravy with potatoes and carrots
Wednesday 18 - I'm going to the movies the boys can have a 3 meat Digorno pizza
Thursday 19 - Hubs is cooking steak on the grill, 4 cheese rice and green beans
Friday 20 - Taste of Home sloppy joes

Saturday 20 thru Saturday 28 - we are vacation and will be eating out most every day with gift cards for late lunches/early dinners

Have a great week.. Michelle
If you like sloppy joes, try the Pioneer Woman' recipe for a change. It is the best! They have become one of my favorite meals!

Trying to come up with a menu for this week.
Last week was:
Sat-chili, French bread
Sun-turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, corn
Mon-Tacos, rice, cornbread
Tues-Spaghetti, homemade breadsticks
Wed-Burgers, fries
Thurs-Went out for pizza with DH parents (saw Santa too :D while there!)
Fri-homemade mac and cheese, fish, and broccoli

A really good week for us eating at home! Usually I cave at least one night! My struggle is trying to come up with a menu my kids will eat! They're allowed one free pass from dinner where they can eat hot dog or waffles, which is their favs. I have one who hates pasta of any kind and another who isn't a big meat eater! Two opposites makes for hard planning!

Meal Plan for next week:

-Monday: Chicken breast marinated with roasted red pepper Italian dressing, broccoli
-Tuesday: I have my late night at work. I will be bringing leftovers to work and H will have leftovers at home.
-Wednesday: Cheese and black bean quesadillas, chips and salsa
-Thursday: We are alone for thanksgiving this year. :(:sad: We aren't in the mood this year for "traditional" thanksgiving food. So we are grilling sirloin steaks and having gnocchi with alfredo sauce and salad. Deciding on a dessert. Maybe a Peanut Butter pie, like this:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/12181/no-bake-peanut-butter-pie/
-Friday: Leftovers minus the steak as neither one of us like reheated steak.
-Saturday: Homemade pizza
-Sunday: Baked buffalo chicken with alexa waffle fries

Menu Plan for Week of Nov. 21st
Sat - out to eat
Sunday - chicken enchilada soup
Monday - tacos, rice and beans
Tuesday- chicken and peppers, avocado slices, rice
Wednesday - slow cooker pot roast
Thursday - turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, asparagus, stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls, apple and pumpkin pies
Friday - leftovers
Saturday - leftovers

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Last edited:
Week of Thanksgiving:

Mon-Pioneer Woman Sloppy Joes, fries, peas
Tues-Potatoes and eggs, bacon
Wed-Oven chicken fajitas, rice
Thurs-Thanksgiving Dinner
Fri-Chicken, green beans, baked potato
Sat-leftovers
Sunday-lasagna, bread, salad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter