Eat at Home 3!

Hi! :wave: Here's my plan for Thanksgiving week:

Sunday: I made a big pot of chili, only enough left for 1 person! (must have been good!)
Monday: Leftovers from our lunch at Olive Garden on Saturday. Making some pumpkin bread and some cookies today.
Tuesday: Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with fried rice http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/03/baked-sweet-and-sour-chicken-recipe.html
Wednesday:
Thursday: My kiddo has a football tournament, probably go to Dad's for Thanksgiving dinner after
Friday: We're hosting friends for Thanksgiving, turkey, ham, mashed taters, dressing, green bean casserole, and pies
Saturday: Leftovers, maybe turkey pot pie if I'm ambitious

Today-beef stew in the crockpot (I'm betting the kids will turn up their noses at this. If so, cereal for them! LOL)
Tues-leftovers (pancakes for the kids if they won't eat the stew)
Wed-pork chops, twice baked potatoes, broccoli (grilled cheese sammies for the kids)
Thurs-beef tacos, refried beans, taco salad
Fri-packed dinner (travelling out of town so a sort of picnic meal in the car en route)
Sat-dinner out with my mom
Sun-pasta

I would really like to go out or order in all this week, but that would be money better spent on all of our fun christmas activities that I have planned. Gotta stay on budget!

Monday- taco night with homemade guacamole and tex mex rice

Tuesday - homemade chicken nuggets, rice pilaf and fruit salad.

Wednesday - throwing together a couple of easy style pizzas using Pillsbury for the crust.

Thursday - turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, cranberry sauce, rolls, pumpkin pie and apple cake. So looking forward to it all!

Friday- leftovers

Saturday - turkey and rice soup

Sunday- hopefully there is more for today!

So far I am doing awful this week. Hoping to do better later in the week though.

Sunday-Returned from WDW so ate out
Monday-went to go shopping and got a call DD was in an accident with the DGSs and ended up eating out after that.
Tuesday-going back shopping to hopefully have no more accidents so will eat out.
Wednesday-getting ready for Thursday, so probably spaghetti
Thursday-turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn, beans, gravy, rolls, sweet potato casserole, pecan pies
Friday-left overs with turkey sandwiches-BF shopping
Saturday-left over hot plates from Thursday

Sat - Fried Chicken, Macaroni Salad, Clementines
Sun - Chicken Tacos, Black Beans, Sliced Pears/Apples
Mon - Chicken Pot Pie (with Onions, Carrots, Carrot Tops, Bok Choy, Peas, Bacon) and Spinach Salad with dried cranberries, apples, and warm bacon dressing
Tues - Deluxe Cheeseburgers (with any leftover bacon), Potato Salad, Clementines, Pumpkin Pie Slushies
Wed - Frozen Pizza (I'll be cooking all day, so this is easy night), Roasted Broccoli, Apple Slices
Thurs - Thanksgiving (Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Fall Salad, Sweet Potato Pie, and Pumpkin Pie)
Fri - Homemade Pasta Alfredo topped with broccoli rabe and roasted white mushrooms (leftover turkey added for meat eaters)
Sat - Thanksgiving Leftovers (or Out, if we don't have any)

Changed up today and yesterday - since I made beef tacos yesterday, I didn't have leftover chicken...so today, I'm making Smothered Pork Chops (with onion, celery, mushrooms, carrot tops, herbs, loads of black pepper and sour cream) over mashed potatoes with the salad. If I have enough, I'll eat the leftovers tomorrow with mashed sweet potatoes (if not, I'll stick with frozen pizza). This was a better plan anyway since I've had more pot pies and chicken than pork lately (in fact, this is a new recipe for me...at least kinda:)...

-Monday: Chicken stuffed with salsa cream cheese (need to use it up from a few weeks ago), mixed vegetables.
-Tuesday: Oven baked nachos
-Wednesday: Leftovers
-Thursday: I have my workout class. Easy night...soups and sandwiches
-Friday: Spaghetti with vegetable and meat sauce from here, http://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/11/spaghetti-with-vegetable-meat-sauce/ and salad
-Saturday: Going to a Christmas party!
-Sunday: Slow cooker chicken and black bean tacos from here http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/12/slow-cooker-chicken-black-bean-tacos.html , chips and salsa

Sat - Turkey-Veggie Pot Pie (doing Tuesday plan now with broccoli rabe, mushrooms, onions, celery, carrots, and carrot tops) - last of my Thanksgiving leftovers
Sun - Fried Chicken, Macaroni Salad, Roasted Broccoli (big hit last Sunday, so doing another version)
Mon - Chicken Fettucine Alfredo with roasted mushrooms and broccoli rabe (slipped from yesterday to this date and now with chicken b/c turkey is surprisingly gone:), Romaine Caesar Salad
Tues - Chicken Chili, Tortilla Chips, Clementines
Wed - Baked Potato Bar (Leftover Chili, Roasted Broccoli, Cheese, Sour Cream, etc), Apple Slices
Thurs - Roasted Pork, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Either Roasted Broccoli or Sauteed Broccoli Rabe (farm box gave me tons this week, so it's gonna be 3-4 meals to use up each one - this meal will be whichever one is still left)
Fri - Christmas Cookie Swap baking day (need to do 1st swap Saturday), so either leftovers or Frozen Pizza or $5 Deal with Green Leaf Lettuce and Mizuna Salad

Menu Plan - Week of Nov. 28th

Saturday - Chinese takeout
Sunday - leftovers
Monday - Navy bean soup/ cornbread
Tuesday - chicken burritos, rice, black beans
Wednesday - omelets with sausage, peppers and potatoes
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - angel chicken over egg noodles

We are back home from our Thanksgiving trip. Menu this week...

Tonight:
Potato Cheese Soup
Crackers

Tuesday:
Spaghetti
Sautee'd Green Beans
Garlic Toast

Wednesday:
Chicken and Saffron Rice
French Style Green Beans

Thursday:
DH's Company Holiday Party

Friday:
Taco Soup
Tortilla Chips

Oops...forgot to post this yesterday...

Monday-pork chops, salad, roasted potato home fries
Tues-bacon and swiss stuffed chicken bundles, broccoli, rice
Wed-lasagna, salad
Thurs-leftovers
Fri-butter chicken/frozen pizza for kids, naan and veggie sticks
Sat-turkey dinner
Sun-leftovers

It's going to be a busy week in my kitchen because I'll be making banana bread, soup stock, broccoli cheddar soup, lentil soup, pasta casserole, twice baked potatoes and agvolemono (lemon chicken rice soup) in the afternoons tomorrow and Thursday. My girlfriend just had baby number 5 and I'll be doing my own cooking as well as some for her!!

Also, DH is getting off pretty light on KP this week. He usually cooks Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday but Friday (my birthday) is his only night to cook this week. Can't wait until the semester is over!!

Last edited:
I just got home from the store. This trip was for the next 2 weeks so I am pretty much locked in for meals! I also started a brand new job today!

Yesterday: Turkey dinner (turkey, gravy, stuffing, mac and cheese, and green bean casserole)
Tonight: Leftovers
Tomorrow: Hot turkey sandwiches
Thursday: Turkey pot pie
Friday: Slow cooker beef stew, bread
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Pad Thai
Tuesday: Soy sauce and brown sugar salmon, broccoli, pasta
Wednesday: Pan fried tilapia, roasted acorn squash
Thursday: Indonesian Chicken, rice
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Chicken Spaghetti

I just got home from the store. This trip was for the next 2 weeks so I am pretty much locked in for meals! I also started a brand new job today!

Yesterday: Turkey dinner (turkey, gravy, stuffing, mac and cheese, and green bean casserole)
Tonight: Leftovers
Tomorrow: Hot turkey sandwiches
Thursday: Turkey pot pie
Friday: Slow cooker beef stew, bread
Saturday: Leftovers
Monday: Pad Thai
Tuesday: Soy sauce and brown sugar salmon, broccoli, pasta
Wednesday: Pan fried tilapia, roasted acorn squash
Thursday: Indonesian Chicken, rice
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Chicken Spaghetti

Congrats on the new job!!!

Hi Everyone, It was really nice to have a break from cooking but back at it this week.. here is the plan for the next 3 weeks..

Monday 11/30 - Taco Night
Tuesday - homemade coconut chicken tenders, pasta roni, jasmine rice and green beans
Wednesday - crockpot pork and gravy over egg noodles and green beans
Thursday - cheeseburger hamburger helper with dinner rolls
Friday - Digorno 3 meat for the boys and homemade cauliflower crust cheese pizza for me
Saturday - out
Sunday - Ham Steak..

Monday 12/7 - Sitrfry Noodles, egg rolls, potstickers & orange chicken
Tuesday - Barber foods chicken cordon bleu, chicken rice and fresh green
Wednesday - homemade shake and bake pork chops, onion rings and fresh green beans
Thursday - tilapa , Brussels and mashed CF for me, chicken pot pie for the hubs
Friday - Honey Burbon popcorn chicken (from Sam's club) cheddar shells and cut veggies
Sat - out
Sunday - BBQ Chicken pizza

Monday 12/14 - Shake and bake pork nuggets, tater tots and onion rings, green beans
Tuesday - Elbows with sauce and garlic bread
Wednesday - Ham steak, pasta roni, green beans
Thursday - Taste of Home sloppy joes with chips
Friday - Digorno 3 meat for the boys and homemade cauliflower crust cheese pizza for me
Saturday - Christmas dinner at my parents with the kids - boiled ham dinner and all the fixings!
Sunday - take home leftovers.

Dec 21 - Jan 3 On vacation again. there will be some planned meals depending on how these 3 weeks go (depleting my stock pile all extra $$ for xmas :) )

in case I don't make it back here hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and Happy New year! Michelle

Congrats on the new job!!!

Thank you! I'm super excited about it. It's visitor services and security at a Children's Museum. So it should be a ton of fun.

Tuesday - homemade coconut chicken tenders, pasta roni, jasmine rice and green beans

Stupid question, but how do you make coconut chicken tenders? They sound good, but I never thought about making them.

@LilyWDW I mix Panko, shredded sweet coconut and some season salt in a baggie and shake them all up (and press it on) then bake in the oven on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.. ps your new job does sound FUN!

Week of 12/7!
Monday - Scrambled eggs, chocolate chip pancakes
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!! Beef tacos, chips and salsa
Wednesday - Panko and parm chicken, carrots and ranch
Thursday - I have my workout class. Easy night...leftovers.
Friday - Two-Timing pasta http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/2011/04/two-timin-pasta.html and salad
Sat - DISNEY!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love: We are meeting friends who live in the area at Rainforest Café for dinner!
Sunday - Meatball subs with meatballs from the freezer, Alexa waffle fries.

Sun - NY Strip Steak (got a great deal) with Carmelized Onions, Mashed Potatoes, and Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
Mon - Cheeseburgers and Hot Dogs, Roasted Broccoli, Homemade Kale Chips
Tues - Chicken Pot Pie Soup (Carrots, Onions, Celery, Potatoes, Green Mizuna, any extra Broccoli Rabe and Kale Chips), Biscuits
Wed - Chicken Soft Tacos, White Rice, Mangoes
Thurs - Chicken Fried Rice, Roasted Broccoli, 2nd batch Kale Chips
Fri - Pizza, Leftover Soup and/or any Leftover Fruits
Sat - Out (2 Christmas events)

Last week, I made a homemade fresh sweet potato pie for a dessert. I may tackle a greek yogurt cream cheese cheesecake this week (or another sweet potato pie, since I still have 2 large sweet potatoes left).

Last edited:
Menu plan week of 12/06
Sunday- Fried pork egg rolls, chips and guacamole
Monday- Homemade Sloppy Joes, creamed corn, kale salad
Tuesday-Chicken casserole, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls
Wednesday-Taco soup, chips and salsa
Thursday- Pork chops, brussel sprouts, beets,rolls
Friday-Homemade cheese and pepperoni pizza, salad
Saturday-Meatball Subs, sweet potatoe fries

Tomorrow-BLT's with cheese, clementines on the side, leftover mac for DS
Tues-pork medallions (not sure how I'm going to prepare these yet), broccoli cheddar soup, grilled cheese sammies
Wed-cheese stuffed meatballs in marinara, caesar salad
Thurs-homemade chicken fingers, greek salad
Fri-leftovers for the low carb man, frozen pizza for the kiddies, GF bean burrito for me
Sat-hamburger helper (not sure what for me-maybe lasagna?)
Sun-turkey pot pie (not sure what for me-leftover lasagna?)

It's getting harder and harder to cook for this family!! :sad2: I have to eat gluten free, the hubs follows a low carb diet M-F (although only when it suits him...he took this past week off so I had to come back here Tuesday night and edit my entries because the menu changed :faint: ) and the kids are so finicky they almost NEVER eat what's on the menu. I may make a turkey bacon lasagna with GF noodles for myself for the weekend. I'm not a big fan of pasta but I can't eat what they are having and I have those ingredients on hand. I also planned on making a big batch of baked beans this week (actually I've been meaning to make them for about a month but haven't gotten around to it yet :rolleyes1 ) but I don't know if I should if DH won't be eating them.

I don't know for sure what nights he will be cooking this week. Exams start tomorrow and I don't know if he'll be home to cook all of his usual nights. Or any of his usual nights. :confused3 I know when the exams ARE, but not what days he's going in to work to mark or go to meetings.

So....I may be back here to edit this entry, just like last week! :wave:

Sunday -had dinner at my parents. Roast, mashed potatoes,gravy, salad, carrots, bread.
Monday-Roast Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Carrots
Tuesday-Leftover chicken sandwiches, butternut squash, cucumber slices
Wednesday- Breakfast for dinner (eggs, toast, bacon, fruit smoothies)
Thursday-Homemade chicken soup for me, Grilled cheese and veggies for ds
Friday- Buffalo Chicken penne for ds and dh. I'm not sure what I am having yet, but something with less calories ;)
Saturday-Meeting with my parents and all my siblings and husbands and wives to walk around a Christmas light display in a little town, and have dinner at a really neat looking restaurant. Really looking forward to it!
Sunday.. not sure. Maybe tofu parm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter