• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eat at Home 3!

Monday - Sausage and peppers, Mac and cheese
Tuesday - Korean beef, rice and broccoli
Wednesday - Honey balsamic pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes, green beans
Thursday- mini luau, Hawaiian meatballs, coconut rice, fruit skewers
Friday - Chicken and waffles
Saturday - Beef enchiladas, Spanish rice and beans
Sunday - DS's b-day! He choose country fried steak , mashed potatoes and corn on the cob for his b-day meals :)

Sunday -Wedding reception

Monday-was burgers, corn on the cob and broccoli

Tuesday- Pierogies and Garden Salad

Wednesday- Pork Schnitzel , sweet potato fries and cucumbers

Thursday- Breakfast for Dinner

Friday- We have a funeral in the afternoon. I will put chilli in the crockpot before we go.

Saturday -Steaks on bbq, sweet potatoes, broccoli

Sunday - Tofu Parmesan and salad

I've been so bad this summer... we've probably eaten out 4 nights a week! But, school started today and the weather is already starting to cool off, so I'm in total cooking mode. I went home last night and made a batch of chili, chicken tortilla soup (recipe), white chili (recipe), sloppy joes, pasta salad and put together a casserole that I froze for later use. We've got football, soccer and cross-country, plus I've got evening meetings for my volunteer work, so we'll be running a lot! Having those things available will be so much better than grabbing McDonald's.

In addition, I'm going to try to cook a few nights:

Tonight: Spaghetti & Meatballs (recipe), Zucchini
Thursday: Grilled Chicken Breasts topped with Peach Salsa, Wild Rice, Broccoli
Friday: Grilled Burgers, Pasta Salad, Corn-on-the-Cob

I have been sick since Saturday so my plans this week went right out the window. Finally felt good enough yesterday to make the ribs and they ended up AMAZING. I also have to be SUPER strict for the next month as my budget is going to be teeny tiny. My laptop died and it was going to cost almost as much to fix it as it would be to get a brand new one... so there was an expense I didn't plan for. This was after I made a trip to Whole Foods for a couple things and ended up spending more then I planned... which I always do there lol.

Anyway, here is my plan for the next month:

Last night: Slow cooker Asian pork ribs, rice, and sweet carrots
Today: Leftovers
Tomorrow: Going to the fair but I don't know what time so will not plan anything.
Saturday: Steak, baked potato, and roasted summer squash

Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Turkey Tettrazini
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Veggie plate- Green beans, hashbrown casserole, and glazed carrots
Thursday: Brats, sauteed onions, and corn on the cob
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: INDY DIS MEET!!!! Ground beef tacos with refried beans

(Sweet of the week: Oatmeal white chocolate chip cookies)
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Leftovers
Saturday: Asian peanut pulled pork

(Sweet of the week: Peach cobbler)
Sunday: Pancakes and sausage
Tuesday: Garlicky shrimp with basil, pasta, and green beans
Thursday: Saag Paneer, rice, and naan
Saturday: Chopped steaks with mushroom gravy, egg noodles

(Sweet of the week: Rootbeer float cake)
Monday: Honey garlic halibut, couscous, broccoli
Tuesday: Work meeting and they are feeding us
Wednesday: Garden veggie pizza squares
Thursday: Tuna noodle toss
Saturday: Philly cheesesteaks, fries

(Sweet of the week: Rice krispie treats)
Sunday: Slow cooker creamy italian chicken, rice
Tuesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Chicken enchiladas in a sour cream sauce
Saturday: Leftovers

(Sweet of the week: Apple bread)
Sunday: Tilapia, rice, and green beans
Monday: Spaghetti and meatballs with roasted red pepper sauce
Tuesday: TBD
Wednesday: TBD
Thursday: TBD
Friday: TBD
Saturday: TBD

I am going to try to plan for 2 weeks instead of 1. I hate grocery shopping.

Saturday: Taco Salads
Sunday: In laws invited us over for dinner
Monday: BLTs and Chili
Tuesday: Chicken alfredo, noodles, salad, garlic bread
Wednesday: Hamburgers, fries, fruit salad
Thursday: BBQ pork chops, baked potatoes, green beans
Friday: Enchiladas, corn pudding, mexican rice
Saturday: Greek Chicken, pita bread
Sunday: Lasagna, salad, garlic bread
Monday: Hotdogs/brats, corn, mac and cheese
Tuesday: Pancakes/Bacon
Wednesday: Tilapia, baked potato, salad
Thursday: Ham and scalloped potatoes
Friday: Pizza

Well it looks like 2 week meal plan works better for us. I am going to try to keep it up. So tomorrow I will be planning our menu for the next 2 weeks. We had to pick up more milk and bananas but that was it.

LilyWDW, I hope things start to get better for you. I love your menus and really like the sound of that root beer float cake.

I really need to get back to this. This past week I have only cooked dinner once, and have been relying on too many processed foods for meals. I worked nine days in a row with two open to closes, plus a very good friend of mine ended up in the hospital with a stroke and seizures. So between work and visiting her life has been hectic. The good news is that she will be going home either tonight or tomorrow. My work schedule is getting back to normal, so eating at home will be my first priority.

Menu plan
Tonight- lemon chicken with rice and veggies
Saturday- Apple cheddar meatloaf with mashed potatoes and said
Sunday- crockpot corn and potato chowder with bacon
Monday- leftovers
Tuesday- taco Tuesday with Spanish rice
Wednesday- roast chicken with sweet potatoes and zucchini
Thursday- steak, hash brown casserole, and salad
Friday- homemade baked macaroni and cheese
Saturday- pork roast in the crockpot with noodles

Well it looks like 2 week meal plan works better for us. I am going to try to keep it up. So tomorrow I will be planning our menu for the next 2 weeks. We had to pick up more milk and bananas but that was it.

I've been planning my menus 2 weeks out as well. It's really helping keep the grocery budget down because I can buy extra of a sale meat this week in case there's not one we want next week.

Menu Plan for Week of Aug 23

Sunday - cube steak, country potatoes, okra, corn muffins
Monday - omelettes with red/green peppers, grits, avocado slices, biscuits
Tuesday - slow cooker turkey breast with gravy, rice, brussels sprouts, butter peas
Wednesday - grilled burgers, tomato/avocado slices, baked beans, corn on the cob, pickled beets
Thursday - Moravian chicken pie with gravy,mashed potatoes, asparagus, marinated tomato slices
Friday - grilled chicken, eggplant pizzas, green beans

I haven't posted in a looooong time, but now we are BTS, so I figure I better get back at it.

M-egg salad sandwiches, chips and grapes

T- tuna melts and mixed greens

W- Mediterranean tuna casserole

T- pork chops and butternut squash

F- homemade pizza night

S- bean and rice burritos

S- nachos

Last week was terrible! We ate out nearly every evening! I just couldn't get my act together. So here I am, ready to PLAN, so I can cook.
Last night, chicken taco salad
Tonight, baked tilapia, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, green beans

In no order
Crock pot buffalo chicken, in wraps
Crock pot Italian beef
Grilled pork chops

Whew I have been away as well-this summer was crazy-started with our 2 week trip to WDW/Universal and didn't really let up-I decided since we were rarely all home at the same time that it was an excellent time to clean out freezer and pantry. Really didn't realize I had frozen so much stuff for "quick" snack/meals! So now with all that space and food gone it is time to restart (loved being able to keep grocery bill down between pantry/freezer/garden but oy yayay the grocery bill to restock :scared1:)
S- was Chipotle copycat barbacoa meat with fixins-including scratch refried beans(LOVE The Pioneer Woman's recipe!) and salsa from garden/burritos
M-leftovers (includes beef stew from previous week)-nachos
T-Asian lettuce wraps, raw veggies, egg rolls
W-Cheese/spinach stuffed jumbo shells(makes enough for two meals so into freezer goes one pan), broccoli (and bonus-oldest DD made brownies)
T-leftovers
F-Butter chicken (crockpot) over rice, stir fry veg
S/S-leftovers, steak on grill, loaded baked potato, salad

Upcoming week
crab stuffed fish
meatloaf (found I still had one from a previous meal when I made several extra)
lion's head (pork meatballs with cabbage)
mac n cheese (homemade)
finish leftovers

Finally got back into things this past week! I have to start being good as I really really want to lose some weight. I'm pretty sure I will be okay with my September meal plan and that I don't have to make any changes. Right now I am working on my October meal plan (I know... I like to plan way ahead when possible though I do allow myself to change as needed). I think the long term plan is to eat what is in the freezer in September so it's pretty much empty come October. Then I want to make some burritos to freeze as well as some meals with having leftovers in mind to freeze. Maybe even some extra shredded chicken to pack separate for fast meals.

Are there any meals that you all love to make extra of to freeze? Do you make things like extra shredded chicken to have on hand?

LilyWDW - some ideas for freezing ahead would be precooked shredded pork, ground beef/turkey, and shredded chicken. You can these use the basics to as a head start for evening cooking. You can make tacos, wraps, casseroles, soups etc... a lot quicker with these meats already precooked.

Meal plan Week of August 29th
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - grilled chicken/eggplant, Brussels sprouts
Monday - pizza
Tuesday - poached eggs over grits, sausage, spinach
Wednesday - roast pork, baked potatoes, butter beans
Thursday - spaghetti, salad
Friday - off to the beach! :)

LilyWDW - some ideas for freezing ahead would be precooked shredded pork, ground beef/turkey, and shredded chicken. You can these use the basics to as a head start for evening cooking. You can make tacos, wraps, casseroles, soups etc... a lot quicker with these meats already precooked.

Saturday - leftovers
Monday - pizza

Great timing on this advice! Meijer had pork shoulder on sale for 99 cents per pound! So I was able to get a much larger one then I had planned for later this week and will be able to freeze some of the extra for later on. That was an exciting find! I'll cook it in the slow cooker plain and then sauce what I need for dinner/leftovers this week and freeze the rest plain in multiple bags.

And have fun at the beach queenofthehive!!

I made it another week!

M- lentil chili with corn muffins
T- leftovers
W- quinoa enchilada bake
T- leftovers
F- mexican rice and bean salad
S- pizza with sausage, ricotta and basil
S - pork chops, scalloped potatoes

I also plan on making chocolate chip cookies with vanilla pudding in the batter.

Also, cooking every night is too much! I built in leftover nights by making recipes with large quantities. If needed I will supplement with fruit/salad the next night. I'd rather do this over than spending 30 bucks at Wendy's or subway!

8/27 - 9/7:

Th - Leftover homemade pizza
F - Cheesesteaks and fries
S - Jaegerschnitzel, apfelrotkohl, mashed potatoes
Su - Jaegerschnitzel, apfelrotkohl, mashed potatoes
M - Chili and cornbread
Tu - Chili and cornbread
W - Pirogi w/applesauce and Normandy blend veggies
Th - Penne alla vodka w/Normandy blend veggies
F to M - On vacation
Tu - Enchiladas (shredded pork and black bean filling)
We - Enchiladas (shredded pork and black bean filling)
Th - Spinach and mozzarella ravioli w/Normandy blend veggies
Fr - Homemade pizza

Sunday was every man for himself...nobody felt like cooking anything so we just had leftover and sandwiches etc.

Monday.. Chilli for me, Breaded Chicken strips for ds with fruit and yoghurt.

Tuesday... I think I make homemade bread, pork schnitzel , potatoes and salad.

Wednesday.. Busy Busy day.. maybe tofu parm in the evening

Thursday.. Leftovers

Friday.. Inlaws over for bbq ..dd leaving for university Saturday morning.:sad1:
I am making, a 3 bean salad, a broccoli salad, cheese mashed potatoes (at dd's request), corn on the cob, and bbq chicken. Angel food cake with berries and fresh whipped cream for dessert.

Saturday.. Probably pizza. We are moving dd into dorms in a city 2 hrs away. After we are done we are going to see my 6 week old baby nephew and my brother and SIL who happen to live in same city. We said we'd bring pizza so they didn't need to feed us.

Pigletto - hugs to you as your dd goes to college...

Menu Plan - Week of Sept. 8th
Tuesday - Italian sausage and eggplant casserole/ green beans
Wednesday - pulled pork, baked beans, corn on the cob
Thursday - beef pie, mashed potatoes and peas
Friday - leftovers

Last edited:
Last week was terrible! We ate out nearly every evening! I just couldn't get my act together. So here I am, ready to PLAN, so I can cook.
Last night, chicken taco salad
Tonight, baked tilapia, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, green beans

In no order
Crock pot buffalo chicken, in wraps
Crock pot Italian beef
Grilled pork chops

This was us too :sad2: Best of luck to you this week!

Finally got back into things this past week! I have to start being good as I really really want to lose some weight. I'm pretty sure I will be okay with my September meal plan and that I don't have to make any changes. Right now I am working on my October meal plan (I know... I like to plan way ahead when possible though I do allow myself to change as needed). I think the long term plan is to eat what is in the freezer in September so it's pretty much empty come October. Then I want to make some burritos to freeze as well as some meals with having leftovers in mind to freeze. Maybe even some extra shredded chicken to pack separate for fast meals.

Are there any meals that you all love to make extra of to freeze? Do you make things like extra shredded chicken to have on hand?

The losing weight is our newest motivator. Hubs and I finally broke down to go shopping for some new fall clothing items. I cried in the fitting room, and I'm pretty sure he wanted to. Best wishes to you on making a change that works :goodvibes

Saturday - leftovers
Monday - pizza

Love the idea of just freezing ahead meats that can be used in multiple types of dishes. Thanks :thumbsup2

I've learned that having a structured meal plan just doesn't work for us. I'm sure it's mental, and I can easily switch it up, but I decided to go with a new method to test out. Went to my cookbook (aka Pinterest :laughing:) and listed out meals that sounded good (and we had the majority of the ingredients already on hand). Wrote each one down on a post-it note and put those on the side of the fridge. Each night I will decide which meal to make the next day, and pull out any meats etc from the freezer so that they are ready to go.

Tonight we are having Crockpot stuffed bell pepper soup.

In no particular order the rest of this week and next will be:

Crockpot cilantro lime shredded chicken
Chicken avocado lime soup
Honey lime Sriracha grilled chicken
Zucchini noodles with leftover cilantro lime chicken mixed in
Green chili taco salad
Shredded beef tacos
Crockpot pulled pork
Grilled stuffed beef and potato burritos
Sriracha steak lettuce wraps

I'm also going to take the advice of @queenofthehive and make and freeze extra of the cilantro lime chicken, meat from the green chili taco salad, shredded beef from the tacos and the crockpot pulled pork so that I have those ready to go for meals in the future :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter