Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.

My meal plan is out the window atm. Wednesday night I had to rush my mom to the hospital due to her having trouble breathing and being ill since the previous Saturday. Well, she is still in there and will be until Tuesday. They found lesions on her liver and maybe her lung so they are running a bunch of tests to figure out what exactly it is. I don't usually ask for prayers, but we could really use some right now.

You and your mom will be in my prayers. :hug::hug:

Hey all.

My meal plan is out the window atm. Wednesday night I had to rush my mom to the hospital due to her having trouble breathing and being ill since the previous Saturday. Well, she is still in there and will be until Tuesday. They found lesions on her liver and maybe her lung so they are running a bunch of tests to figure out what exactly it is. I don't usually ask for prayers, but we could really use some right now.

PRAYING!!!

Dinner tonight:

Grilled Brats
Crock Pot Boston Baked Beans
Corn on the Cob
*Caramel Rice Crispy Treats

Thinking of you Lily!

We didn't do so well this week. The kids had friends over for dinner on Friday, so we ordered pizza. I think I should keep some Naan bread or pita shells in the freezer so DIY pizza is just as easy. DH and I went out for dinner with friends last night. It was a last-minute plan to get a babysitter that just happened to work out all around. We had a great time!

So, the freezer is well stocked right now because we didn't exactly keep to the menu plan last week. Here's a rough plan for this week (I still need to shop, so things are subject to change)

Sunday - Spanish fish bake
Monday - ginger beef
Tuesday - pulled pork sandwiches
Wednesday - breakfast for dinner
Thursday - crockpot BBQ chicken
Friday - grilled burgers
Saturday - something light before Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow (yes, it's Thanksgiving in Canada already!)

Hey all.

Sending lots of Prayers your way. Praying that your Mom has a speedy recovery and a clean bill of health.

Saturday(last night). Was whatever leftovers that were in the fridge. It was a lazy day.
Sunday: Turkey, Stuffing, Potaoes, and Veggies.

It's tamale making day! I used a small portion of the meat last night to make us corn tacos. Tonight is going to be tamales and rice. I get to take some to my Spanish class on Tuesday and get a grade for it:)

This morning I made quiches with chorizo. I will post pics on my blog later:)

Weds.- Beef stew and homemade rolls
Thurs.- Spaghetti and meat sauce, salad, bread
Fri- Leftovers
Sat- Pork chops and stuffing, rice pilaf, carrots
Sun.-Baked Turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, veg.
Mon.- dinner at DH's work

Change in our plans -

This past Saturday: homemade pizza with salad
last night (Sunday): spinach lasagna with sauteed zucchini
today (Monday): sloppy joes with sweet potato fries and zucchini (I have a lot of zucchini to use up!)
tomorrow (Tuesday): leftovers
Wednesday: sandwiches
Thurs & Fri nights: DH out of town; I'll eat leftovers/out of the freezer
Saturday night: breakfast for dinner (or something quick and easy at home)
Sunday: broccoli chicken casserole
Monday: stromboli

I am also going to be making crock pot spaghetti sauce with turkey meatballs to put in the freezer. It makes about 4 meals' worth, and it's so convenient to just pull it out of the freezer and cook some pasta to go with it. It saved us from eating out a lot, so I need to restock the freezer! It has a lot of finely chopped veggies in it too, so it's semi-healthy.

Sun - Pepperoni pizza, breadsticks, pear/gorgonzola salad
Mon - Buffalo wings, roasted asparagus, pineapple
Tues - Chicken Parm, green salad, raspberries
Wed - Chicken Parm leftovers over pasta or rice, leftover green salad, leftover pineapple
Thurs - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roasted balsamic carrots
Fri - Sandwiches, chips, strawberries
Sat - Out

Kristy

Hey all.

Hoping things are getting better.. still sending prayers..

So this week it's just me and Hubs.. (DD is coming home for the long weekend from college but I don't thinks she'll be sleeping/eating over till next Sun)
so last night me and Hubs has leftovers from Sat night out - DS bday is this Wed (10/3) but because he is at his dad's this week we took him out on Sat night.. He picked his fave pizza place and ordered a large pizza for himself and ate most of it.. Ah to be (almost) 16!

Tonight we are having homemade Chicken Stirfry and frozen pot stickers

Tuesday is homemade Chicken Parm & pasta w/ Garlic bread

Wednesday is Coconut Chicken Tenders, white rice and corn ?? * I might swap this with Sat as our local movie theater does free movie wed night and it's "Dirty Dancing" (no one puts baby in the corner!) and I have a $5 off coupon for food

Thursday is a Pork Roast in the crockpot with fingerling potatoes and carrots and gravy w/leftover Garlic bread and Cranberry sauce

Friday is Chicken Pillows, Rice Pilaf and Green Beans

Saturday we will likely eat out - My bday is the 10th so it'll be my Bday dinner * might be Wed night dinner - depends..

Sunday will be leftover day around DS hockey schedule (2 games, 11:30 and 3:30 in towns that are 1.5 hrs apart UGH)

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. The MRI came back with a few things, but they do NOT think it is anything serious there or connected to everything else. They did the biopsy this morning and we should have the results in a day or two. They hope to be able to send her home tomorrow.

Anyone want to come cook for me? LOL I have been living on super fast foods, take out, and left overs. My system is not very happy about it either! Depending on when they let her go, I hope to get to the store tomorrow for a few things. They meds are helping her keep food down and she had more of an appitite today. But I don't know what to make!

change of plans already and its only monday tonight is left overs since I am the only one home and tomorrow is fried rice and crab rangoon

Hey all.

Saying lots of prayers for you and your mom. :hug:

Last night I was feeling a bit under the weather, so DH just went to Zaxby's and got himself something to eat. I made some scrambled eggs for myself. DS had dinner with a friend.

Tonight DS and I went to Cracker Barrel with my mom. It's cold (it's like 63, but that's cold to me!:laughing:) and rainy and I'm still feeling kind of blah, so I didn't really want to cook.

Tuesday: Cheese quesadillas, fruit
Wednesday: Bobby Deen's lasagna soup, garlic bread, salad
Thursday: Subway or something quick...DS has a football game.
Friday: Crockpot chicken tacos, Spanish rice, avocado slices
Saturday: We're going to a wedding, so we'll be eating @ the reception.

Last night my grandma had us over for dinner. She made my favorite..beef and noodles!

Tonight we went out for dinner for our anniversary...7 years today!!!

Tuesday - sausage tortellini soup and French bread

Wednesday - dance night..grab something quick

Thursday - Meatballs, mashed potatoes and corn

LilyWDW said:
Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. The MRI came back with a few things, but they do NOT think it is anything serious there or connected to everything else. They did the biopsy this morning and we should have the results in a day or two. They hope to be able to send her home tomorrow.

Anyone want to come cook for me? LOL I have been living on super fast foods, take out, and left overs. My system is not very happy about it either! Depending on when they let her go, I hope to get to the store tomorrow for a few things. They meds are helping her keep food down and she had more of an appitite today. But I don't know what to make!

Praying everything comes out clear on your moms biopsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter