EasyWDW or Touringplans crowd calendar?

Which is more reliable

• EasyWDW

• TouringPlans

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will continue my subscription to Touring Plans but confess that I do a comparison to EasyWDW. Josh is good. Then I use my own strategy. Figure we should have some after all the trips and all the years.

Love, love love TP's Lines.

Hated the forums on TGM...if you don't have a husband and exactly 2.5 children it's like you weren't welcome. And the info was soooo dated for years! Don't think TSM ever got on the site, did it? (Eww, is that a flame I see headed my way...sorry:scared:) Yes, it was my choice to subscribe!

(I'm going to supper now.........love to all, Auntie Peep)

EasyWDW hands down. Josh has never steered us wrong yet! :thumbsup2

I've used them all, TP seemed to be right about 80% of the time, TGM used to be the gold standard, now EasyWDW is as far as I'm concerned. Plus, as a total cheapskate, I love the fact that I'm getting information that I would happily pay a premium for, for free (yes, I actually feel guilty not paying EasyWDW).

I think the Touring Plans Lines app is excellent, way better than Disney's glitchy offering.

EasyWDW and TouringPlans completely contradict each other for our trip this summer. I made ADRs going by EasyWDWs best parks. But now I see that touringplans has those parks as the worst parks for the day.

I would totally stick with EasyWDW. By the time we get closer to summer, WDW will have updated their Operating Hours and that's a huge part of the TP formula, so even if you changed your parks today, you will have to change them again like 2 weeks before your trip. :upsidedow

P.S. - I'm not knocking down TP - I also like their Lines app!

EasyWDW is my go-to. Love the explanations and comparisons that illustrate his predictions.

Aside from the crowd calendar, I so appreciate his detailed blogs on special events as well. Last year was our first MNSSHP and thanks to Josh, I knew what to prioritize and we did absolutely everything we wanted to. :thumbsup2

I like Josh's explanations of his choices. I love the lines app from TP. It's worth the price, but the new MDE app in conjunction with MyMagic+ & FastPass+ might make it obsolete.

Is the lines app only available with a subscription? Can I see wait times without paying for access?

The Disney app is free, but the Lines app requires a Touring Plans membership.

I like Josh's explanations of his choices. I love the lines app from TP. It's worth the price, but the new MDE app in conjunction with MyMagic+ & FastPass+ might make it obsolete.
Can you tell us more about these apps? I may just have to check them out!

We will be in MK on April 26th per Josh. i also subscribe to TP and have the crowd level estimates in my itinerary to help me plan, but I compare it to EWDW and go from there. Also, sometimes the actual numbers that TP predicts, aren't that bad but they have to pick a best and worst park, even if all of the parks are relatively high or low.

but my DS's bday is the 26th so we would certainly be spending it at MK no matter what, just glad that it looks to be an ok day.

Bottom line...go to Epcot on the 26th. :duck: lol

I have a feeling that your poll is going to be highly skewed due to the fact that touringplans is a paid for site, and easyWDW is not.

Many more are apt to simply use easyWDW for that reason (which the poll will show), since they don't want to pay for touringplans.

Having said that, after reviewing both options for the time of year that we visit WDW (late Sept) if find that both are in close agreement overall.

Dan

DisneyFive said:
I have a feeling that your poll is going to be highly skewed due to the fact that touringplans is a paid for site, and easyWDW is not.

Many more are apt to simply use easyWDW for that reason (which the poll will show), since they don't want to pay for touringplans.

Having said that, after reviewing both options for the time of year that we visit WDW (late Sept) if find that both are in close agreement overall.

Dan

I actually subscribe to TP, and recommend their lines app. But I follow Josh for park days...and if Josh charged, I'd pay!

I actually subscribe to TP, and recommend their lines app. But I follow Josh for park days...and if Josh charged, I'd pay!

Same in our house -- both to subscribing to TP and to following Josh's park days! :thumbsup2

Dan

I disagree. Touringplans does't cost much at all. If people are spending thousands on a vacation, a few bucks won't matter much at all. And seems like a good investment.

I've used both, and I like EasyWDW more. I like how Josh explains why he recommends which park on what day, and that he ranks them in order from best to worst. And tells you why!

During a trip last year I used both, and had the park recommendations from both written down. To me it seemed Easy was more accurate. I have no scientific proof, just the observations of someone who has been to the parks more than a dozen times. And has made 2 trips a year for the past few years.

Easywdw is the best! I love Josh's wit and pov. Also, his recommendations have always been great.

I think if you re-read most of the replies here, many of the people who like EasyWDW best also have had (or currently have) a TP membership also.

I think you'd have just as valid an argument for Touring Plans having more voters because it is advertised in a bestselling WDW touring book that's purchased and used by thousands of people every year - The Unoffical WDW guide is the best selling travel book on Amazon in a bunch of different categories. That's tons more customers to potentially vote here than what EasyWDW gets from word-of-mouth or general google searches.

I think if you re-read most of the replies here, many of the people who like EasyWDW best also have had (or currently have) a TP membership also.

I think you'd have just as valid an argument for Touring Plans having more voters because it is advertised in a bestselling WDW touring book that's purchased and used by thousands of people every year - The Unoffical WDW guide is the best selling travel book on Amazon in a bunch of different categories. That's tons more customers to potentially vote here than what EasyWDW gets from word-of-mouth or general google searches.

I have the UG and TP membership, but I trust Josh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter