EasyWDW or Touringplans crowd calendar?

Which is more reliable

• EasyWDW

• TouringPlans

Results are only viewable after voting.

msjprincess

DIS Veteran
I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer since search isn't working. Which crowd calendar do you find most reliable?

EasyWDW and TouringPlans completely contradict each other for our trip this summer. I made ADRs going by EasyWDWs best parks. But now I see that touringplans has those parks as the worst parks for the day.

I agree, stick with your plans and do as you please.....crowd predictions and counters are just that.... Predictions!

I have a paid subscription to TP and follow Josh on EasyWDW. I do tend to lean towards Josh and his "predictions" only for two reasons 1) On multiple trips i've toured ala EasyWDW and TP and the majority of the time EasyWDW comes out on top and 2) Josh really explains in detail why a certain park is a certain crowd level and has some compelling arguments for touring and what parks to see on what days so I can understand why he's telling me a park over another...whereas TP is just random numbers with not much evidence to support their best park/worst park. Or maybe there is but its not as advertised as on EasyWDW website....

Either way at the end of the day this is your vacation - if you are comfortable touring a certain way then do it. Neither of these website has a crystal ball and each can be wrong from time to time...I have spent lots of time on Josh's website and that's what im comfortable with...just go with your gut...

I agree with the PP that said predictions are just that - predictions. I use TP/Lines but that is a personal choice. Been using them and the UG for the last 18 years and they've worked well for us.....

I've used EasyWDW twice now with good success. But I only used it as a general guide and at the end of the day, I still did what worked best for our family's personal touring plans even if it meant going to a park that wasn't recommended. I've found all predictions on my travel dates from EasyWDW to be fairly accurate - recommended parks weren't terribly crowded, non-recommended parks were pretty crowded.

I use easywdw.com's best days but I have followed UG's touring plans in the past. Their Lines app was wonderful but I will probably let my subscription go and stick with my DME wait times in June.

Go with Josh! He gives a detailed explanation why he picked what he did each day. He also has gone over and proved on many occasions when they contradict each other that his prediction was correct.

I like both and found their info to be very helpful, even when they didn't agree...for Epcot, AK, and HS. MK last week probably wouldn't have ever made my recommended list. ;)

Josh is spot on and readily available on twitter for questions and answers. Good dude.

I use Easywdw as well. Last year I used their recommended park every day except one and I could really tell the difference on the one day that I didn't!

Luv2CtheMouse said:
Funny! Several people signed up to the Dis and have just one post to say to go with Josh/EasyWDW.

Actually, it looks like the first-time posters are split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter