Easy Access Card - Doctors Note may not be sufficient anymore

I am very glad that they have such a good policy about this, it's just a shame that most CM's don't know what they are talking about, and you must leave your life in the hands of a stranger, who isn't a doctor, who will tell you what is going to happen during your visit.

Have just seen that over on TA where they copied Vala's 1st post and started a debate a CM has posted on the 13th of June - post 113

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...cess_card-Disneyland_Paris_Seine_et_Marn.html

Hellooooo, a cast member from DLP City Hall writing! I can sense a lot of stress about this issue so let me try to clear this out.

Yes, rules are getting very strict. And yes, it is because there is soooooooooooo so so so so much abuse. Honestly, you wouldn't believe. Fake letters, fake casts, fake tears, children asked to lie for their parents, parents lying, people getting undressed (yes!!) to show old scars, people showing letters from "sexologues", asking priority because of the heat, the cold, allergies, asthma, broken nails... Everything you can imagine. So we, the cast members, are quite fed up with the issue. Every morning we do HUNDREDS of cards per day. 70% of these people complain about some condition, especially about the number of people allowed per card. Exhausting.

The cast members are actually asking, very often and loudly, to stop the orange facility cards all together. Because these people with not-so-big-issues are really damaging the families who really have handicaped members and need all the help they can get in a huge attraction park.

Anyways, yes it is true that for french people an invalidity card is necessary to get the green card, however, the cast members are weeeell aware that not every country has the same procedures, especially the UK from where we get a lot of visitors. A tip for those who don't have the blue badge: bring a letter from your doctor with details about the handicap plus the allowance letter you often have (prove for us that a disability is in question). You'll get a green pass without a problem! Every letter with a doctor saying "mental illness", "learning disabilities" or "autism" is valid for a green card as well, guaranteed!

If you encounter some problems with a cast member (remember the turn over is fast and a lot of them are new in the job) just ask calmly (and nicely, cause this DOES make a difference!) to see somebody else. A manager has always enough experience to know.

As a reminder, green card gives you the right to have 5 people all together (exceptions very very rare) and orange card 2 (except for those alone with children).

And with an annual pass tou always have to go to the AP office for the cards! (More strict than city hall i might say...)

The paradoxe with the cards is that it is special needs departement who fix the rules (with a committee from police, firemen, french handicap association etc) but the decision of a card eventually falls on city hall.

So that is why special needs departement cannot promise you a card, because it is city hall who delivers them, and that is why city hall cannot do much exceptions, because the special needs departement forbids it!

Hopefully ive cleared some stuff out :)

We went two weeks ago. DS has an annual pass and we went to the AP office with his pass, a note from his Dr, dated last month and the previous pass along with a pass from WDW. In addition I brought my blue handicap tag for the car.

I was told the letter was fine and the tag is proof enough for me. DS was issued a pass good for one year.

At the ride they would ask for us to take out the pass so they could see both sides and we kept his AP and pass in a clear waterproof pouch on a lanyard.

They do check better at the rides but there was not a problem getting the pass because we had all the proper documentation.

For the rest of the thread, don't get me started. I would gladly wait 100 days, for 100 hours, to take away all the issues that go with autism. Life isn't always fair but we deal with what we were given and are grateful. The access pass helps us make the park available to our son. People that don't live with it don't know.

The cast members are actually asking, very often and loudly, to stop the orange facility cards all together. Because these people with not-so-big-issues are really damaging the families who really have handicaped members and need all the help they can get in a huge attraction park.

Which makes me personally again wonder why the AP Office thinks they know better than my doctor and claim I have a not so big issue by giving me that Orange Card. I don't have autism, but my condition is still permanent and is outlined in detail in the letter. Not exactly comparable to an "old scar."

Yeah, then rather stop the Orange Card thing altogether. It's neither fair on the visitors nor on the CMs at the AP Office or City Hall that they get to/have to make the call about cards. But I doubt they would do that, they'd be losing visitors that way.

What still gets to me most is that I was warned all over the place about Handicapped Cards in DLR and especially WDW. When I explained my issues there (due to laws in the US they didn't even ask for the letter) there was exactly one suggestion for an alternative which may help instead of the pass. That was the first time I applied for one. I politely explained why that didn't work and was good to go. And American parks have way more of these cards than France will ever have.

Last edited:
I recently went to DLP in May and had no problem getting my Orange EAC with my Doctors note. Even though my illness is classed as temporary (though i've had it since I was 19) the orange card is sufficent to help with my needs. Also have never had issues using it for the disabled area for Dreams or the parade.

Every letter with a doctor saying "mental illness", "learning disabilities" or "autism" is valid for a green card as well, guaranteed!

Mine can be considered a mental illness, I get refused the green card + I get refused to get the orange card for the duration of my Dream AP.
Mine is also classified as temporary ... I will gladly hand it over to a CM, see how they will live with it.
I've been struggling for 3 years already, and on-going.

+ getting rid of the orange card? Well then, Disney won't be seeing me anymore after my Dream expires.

This text from the CM definatly wasn't helpfull for me :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter