Eastern Caribbean Jan 28-Feb 5

Go for it!!!! Sorry I keep using your name instead of your alias......:lmao:

it's fine with us-we don't mind one bit. I got into trouble one time on another board when I used a person name instead of an alias. I felt really badly and now I ask for permission! So yes, couple B is 5boyz but I still won't say your names. ;)

OH MY! Yes WE WERE!!! I was so darn full every time I went into that bar, all I could muster was bubbly that I would sip on for an hour. I do LOVE my martinis though! My DH noticed the last time we went in that you could have a Courvoisier for $6.50 and then he had one in Palo! I didn't find the drink prices to be high at all-but I am Canadian and we pay more than you guys do. :lmao:

schimj was ordering the chocolate wrapped martini sometimes (it is clear but chocolate flavored) and they would bring a tray of milk and white chocolate chips - yummy! Mine didn't have accoutrements but was still good. Yes they weren't too pricey at all... there are restaurants that charge more! I wish there was a frozen daquiri bar tho - we have several in Tampa and they are great fun!

it's fine with us-we don't mind one bit. I got into trouble one time on another board when I used a person name instead of an alias. I felt really badly and now I ask for permission! So yes, couple B is 5boyz but I still won't say your names. ;)

:lmao:Look at my signature...I have all 6 of my kids and dh's name too...I should have the rolly eyes guy beside each cuz at least once or ten times a day one of my sentences begins with "on the disboards" :lmao: But I tried to represent them with the Disney characters instead..:confused3

schimj was ordering the chocolate wrapped martini sometimes (it is clear but chocolate flavored) and they would bring a tray of milk and white chocolate chips - yummy! Mine didn't have accoutrements but was still good. Yes they weren't too pricey at all... there are restaurants that charge more! I wish there was a frozen daquiri bar tho - we have several in Tampa and they are great fun!

Hi Tifffany I am just looking at your signature and I see you have been to POP 3X, we are going for the 5th in July. AK 2X stayed there twice last year my dh and I loved it but the kids didnt they wanted their beloved POP...:lmao:So the Mod you have POR is the next one I would like to try...did you like it? Thanks!

:lmao:Look at my signature...I have all 6 of my kids and dh's name too...I should have the rolly eyes guy beside each cuz at least once or ten times a day one of my sentences begins with "on the disboards" :lmao: But I tried to represent them with the Disney characters instead..:confused3

:lmao:Well since you met me you already know I'm a dumb blonde! Disneysilver can attest to that!!!!

Jerelle - I am enjoying reading this as we are booked on the April 23-30 Magic - Eastern route too! We did Western Nov 2009 and can't wait to go back and see new ports. I think we are going to do Magen's Bay for an easy relaxing day (DD10, DD8, DD6 and DD4).

And any other favorite FE ideas you made or received?

Thanks

Jerelle - I am enjoying reading this as we are booked on the April 23-30 Magic - Eastern route too! We did Western Nov 2009 and can't wait to go back and see new ports. I think we are going to do Magen's Bay for an easy relaxing day (DD10, DD8, DD6 and DD4).

Thanks

Oh yes Joelle...keep on writing it absoultely FAB!!!! Another thing somewhere you mentioned dd turning 14...when is her bd? my ds turned 14 Dec 4th so he is in his first year or high school.

Griffith6....I was on the cruise with Jerelle and also involved in the FE, we got some great gifts, pens, photo albums, autograph albums, candy, eye patches, little kits with sewing, wipes, kleenex,bandaids, pins, paper clips, elastics, hair ponies, bags to carry things in...little disney pins oh so many things, they were great!!!!!

Hi Tifffany I am just looking at your signature and I see you have been to POP 3X, we are going for the 5th in July. AK 2X stayed there twice last year my dh and I loved it but the kids didnt they wanted their beloved POP...:lmao:So the Mod you have POR is the next one I would like to try...did you like it? Thanks!

When we stayed at POR we really disliked it. This was all due to the fact that our room was disgusting. The fridge had food left in it and schimj found a dirty washcloth while he was showering. We didn't even want to put our clothes out cause it was gross. It was just for a 1 night stay so we dealt with it and left. The grounds were pretty tho and we have been back to walk around! We've stayed at the other mods (CBR and CSR) and I loooove coronado springs. I've heard before that when Disney built this they meant it to be deluxe but it didn't quite hit their marks so they made it mod. It is still a higher level than your usual mod tho, IMO. There is a gym, convention center, lounge, and the theming is much less artificial. They were also the first ones I know of to go to flat screens and the insides of the rooms are so nice!

We loved POP when we stayed there - especially when they had the frozen coke machine. We are spoiled now with DVC tho! ;)

Thanks

Griffith - we will be on the NCL epic this week and will probably see your ship in port! Be sure to wave to us :wave:

My favorites were the [Canadian] chocolates!!! I had a sore throat and was eating these constantly to provide some relief from the pain! Also... when I wasn't feeling like making it up to get food they were great to snack on!

Thanks

You'll LOVE Magen's Bay. Plan to spend the day and pack some snacks. Somewhere I read to order up room service sandwiches, cheese and fruit the night before but I never got around to it. I'm organized but I was on holiday!!!

As 5boyz said it best. We got all that stuff, plus a wonderful CD, bracelets, candy, my DD got alot of stuff just for her: an MP4 player, a pretty metal bookmark, stickers, homemade magnets, bookmarks etc. We made mickey head window charms for the adults and princess OR pirate themed bags for the kids. The teens got chocolates & suckers and glow stick headbands/ bracelets. We gave the babies animal squirters for the splash pad and some pirate bubbles. I also made chocolate suckers for the kids for Pirate Night(but I ended up dishing them out with the other FE stuff) as I found it to be easier. :thumbsup2

Oh yes Joelle...keep on writing it absoultely FAB!!!! Another thing somewhere you mentioned dd turning 14...when is her bd? my ds turned 14 Dec 4th so he is in his first year or high school.

Griffith6....I was on the cruise with Jerelle and also involved in the FE, we got some great gifts, pens, photo albums, autograph albums, candy, eye patches, little kits with sewing, wipes, kleenex,bandaids, pins, paper clips, elastics, hair ponies, bags to carry things in...little disney pins oh so many things, they were great!!!!!

She had just turned 14 Jan 22. She's in middle school-grade 8. Too bad that Ashley from our table was not yet 14, a couple months away cause she was shy to go to the Edge but would have gone to the Vibe with Lauren. :(

Griffith - we will be on the NCL epic this week and will probably see your ship in port! Be sure to wave to us :wave:

My favorites were the [Canadian] chocolates!!! I had a sore throat and was eating these constantly to provide some relief from the pain! Also... when I wasn't feeling like making it up to get food they were great to snack on!

Glad you liked the chocolates! Schmij mentioned that you really liked Canadian candy! I took that as a big hint!!!:lmao:

When we stayed at POR we really disliked it. This was all due to the fact that our room was disgusting. The fridge had food left in it and schimj found a dirty washcloth while he was showering. We didn't even want to put our clothes out cause it was gross. It was just for a 1 night stay so we dealt with it and left. The grounds were pretty tho and we have been back to walk around! We've stayed at the other mods (CBR and CSR) and I loooove coronado springs. I've heard before that when Disney built this they meant it to be deluxe but it didn't quite hit their marks so they made it mod. It is still a higher level than your usual mod tho, IMO. There is a gym, convention center, lounge, and the theming is much less artificial. They were also the first ones I know of to go to flat screens and the insides of the rooms are so nice!

We loved POP when we stayed there - especially when they had the frozen coke machine. We are spoiled now with DVC tho! ;)

POR is our favourite resort. We have been there at least 5 times. It is a resort we really like and know. Tried Wilderness Lodge but went back to POR. Never had a problem with it. :confused3: The grounds are beautiful and the boat ride to DTD is great.

POR is our favourite resort. We have been there at least 5 times. It is a resort we really like and know. Tried Wilderness Lodge but went back to POR. Never had a problem with it. :confused3: The grounds are beautiful and the boat ride to DTD is great.

Yeah I have really BAD luck so it is probably just me! Like when we went to Niagara falls our door locked us out when we were at the pool. It used the room key card so we thought the cards had gotten demagnetized and went to the desk for new ones (dripping wet). Nope. So then maintenance had to come and use a master card to let us in. Nope - not working. Turns out somehow in the time we went down to the pool and came back the computer in the door had broken. The door had to be taken off and completely disassembled and a new computer put in. Just my luck!

Last time we were at Wilderness Lodge the shower didn't work... and we had to get that fixed. I am sooooooooooooo unlucky!!!

And on our cruise the toilet broke at one point and the ceiling was leaking water. I think the AC was broken too

We awoke to another beautiful morning on the ship and it was finally Castaway Cay day!

We LOVE beach days so we had been looking forward to heading out and not really having to hail a taxi or spending too much money. DH and I got the call for our room service and we had our coffee and left the goodies for DD. I had also ordered orange juice every morning for a few mornings and had left them in the beverage cooler so that we could have rum and orange juice in our mugs! Hey, we were on holiday!

Here, I must say I found the Beverage Cooler-not to be confused with a mini fridge-to be a very good way to keep thing s cool-we didn't even put ice in it!

We also brought our roll along cooler with beer and some water. DH and I headed up to Topsiders for breakkie and enjoyed it on the outside deck once again. We met a few cast members who were happy to tell us that this was the finest weather that they'd experienced since before Christmas! That'll do!

We then ran back down to wake up Sleeping Beauty. We were surprised to see she was already awake and was wolfing down the croissants and fruit loops we'd left for her! Breakfast of CHAMPIONS!!! We all got our bathing suits and wraps/cover-ups on and headed down to Deck 1, anxious to start our day at the beach!

Disembarking was easy and lovely and they had towels available right outside the ship and as well, the post office is just a few steps away. We had wanted to send a few postcards, stamped with Castaway Cay stamps, so we quickly purchased stamps for the already filled out postcards and off we went.

The first character we came across was Captain Jack Sparrow! We LOVE Captain Jack!! :thumbsup2 There was a scant lineup so we hopped in for a photo op. I asked him how he was and he said, "all the better for seein' you, love!" ADORABLE! One mom who was in line behind us said, "Imagine if it was the real Johnny Depp?" I piped up, "You mean MY Johnny?" :love: We both had a good chuckle and agreed that that line would have been much longer, with NO kids in it!!!

Moving along, the next character we saw was none other than the BIG CHEESE himself: Mickey Mouse sporting a lovely bathing suit! We had a few pictures with him and then saw Goofy. A few pictures later, we were on our way to the beach.

We had wanted to check out the family beach first with our friends, who had little ones and then the plan was to snorkel a bit with DD, eat a little and then head over to Serenity Bay, while she went to teen activities.We set up after spotting our table mates and I went to check out the water. They were having early morning drink specials so my DH bought me a Caesar, 'cause he's AWESOME like that.

The water was lovely and warm(remember, I'm Canadian and I swim in the Atlantic Ocean in Maine!) After my drink, my DD was anxious for a snorkel, so I appeased her and we headed left along the beach to the snorkeling area. She had about 10 shots left on her underwater camera and was certain she'd get good ones! The experience was challenging, at best. Our brand new snorkel and mask was working perfectly, but our 2nd set, the one I was using, was not working well at all. The water in the Bahamas is extra salty and rather than rent a set for $25, I decided I'd swim along side her and we'd share if necessary. She was having a hard time not getting water in the snorkel, due to the choppy water in the bay.

**There was a lot of frustration and A LOT of sea water inhaled (it's hard to convince someone who has just swallowed a bunch of salt water not to rip the snorkel out and the mask off-BUT PLEASE DO YOUR BEST-the result is more inhaled sea water via nose and mouth and stinging eyes!!!)

After finding only about 3 sunken treasure items including (and thank goodness) for Minnie Mouse, DD had had enough. I figured at this point, I wouldn't mind a boo at the scenery, so I put on the gear and proceeded to take a look. It was lovely, with lots and lots of fish! At this time though, the waves and the tides were making it a real struggle to get back to shore. Like swim a few feet and float back a few feet kinda struggle. I'm sure it only took about 20 minutes, but with a hungry and almost panicky teenager it seemed like eternity. Since we didn't have on flippers(we snorkel in lakes all the time and we're not used to it)I encouraged DD to first kick like the dickens! When that wasn't working out, we tried floating on our backs and kicking like mad!

We did eventually make it back to shore and I was thrilled to see DH looking out for us. Of course, he was more concerned about the ever growing lunch line. We dried off and headed right on over to it.

Now, if we had to make a complaint about anything on the cruise, it would be the lunch lineups at Castaway Cay! I'd heard Cookies 2 was open for business, but had been advised by the dining room that I was better off at Cookies due to my allergy. So we waited, in the heat, with frustrated people, for a long time. To Disney's credit, they had cast members passing out cookies, water or pop and chips to people in the lines. Also, the food was worth the wait. I will say though, this is where the vegetarian food (other than salads) was lacking. DD had a couscous salad, some fruit (which was plentiful) and cookies and ice cream. She was thrilled, but I thought they should have a better veggie option on CC. I had asked on board and they told me they would have a few options as well pizza. I didn't see any pizza, but it might have been at the other Cookies.

After lunch, the teen club was beckoning and so was Serenity Bay, so DH and I walked her to her area and proceeded to look for a tram to take us there. We got so lost, maybe it was the drinks in the sun, :rotfl: but we asked two separate cast members how to get there and they told us two different ways(we had left the map at the loungers). After a few attempts, we just gave up as it was 2 ish at this point, & had a nice stroll along the beach back to whence we came.

We met up with our "gang" and after a couple of 2 for 1 Conch Coolers, and a little sun, we got a call from DD that she was coming back. Before we knew it they were asking people to get out of the water. I guess all aboard at 4 pm is strictly enforced, because by 3 they began clearing everyone away!

We took the time to finish our beverages and to do a little shopping. They had cute Nemo pails that I really wanted for my 2 nieces, but they were so big to travel home with that I decided on Nemo floaties instead. We headed leisurely back to the ship, with a few pictures along the way and went back up on deck for the Sail Away party(?), I think. We had dinner ressies at Palo for our last night and we had to pack(oh BOY I HATE THAT PART!!) so we opted for just a little time spent on Deck 9.

DD was heading to the last show with our table mates & although I was disappointed to miss it, I was looking forward to "date night" :love:. She had also decided, and we were glad, to dine with our regular rotation in Parrot Cay.

I understand that was quite a dinner, because they asked for our BIG gang to be seated together in our absence! Lauren said that their youngest girl, maybe 4, was the entertainment for dinner! :lmao:

Can't beat the two for one specials on the beach.

We bought the Nemo bucket last cruise but I didn't bring it along this time because it was big. I think I attached it to the back of my daughters backpack last time or maybe i filled it with clothes and stuff like I did this time because she bought the castle pail and big Mickey head shovel.

Did you see the big Mickey Head someone made in the sand? That is were we were sitting and I have a pick of hubby with the water play area in the back too so you couldn't have been too far down.

Wasn't very hungry so we didnt' eat much at Cookies but did get some of those big cookies. I brought them back to the ship but didn't get to eat them so I packed them in my carry on. Ate them at the airport the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter