Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

The good news on the political front is that you will be able to make it home now, and will not be trapped on this side of the pond to live out your years as an old Fart. :thumbsup2

I would have driven all the way to Canada to fly home then!! ;)
But we're seriously considering not traveling to the USA next year if that chaos doesn't stop anytime soon :crazy2:
We've vacationed here 17 times now, and I think we have been here at least once a year since 2003, but if we need to be afraid of not getting into the National Parks or even not getting home at all, it will add a bad feeling to every future trip.

Going over the pictures right now. I hope to have some posted with in the next 24 hours (I think I am going to have to charge my camera before I can upload them all). I will post a few here, and others on the group page. I can't wait to see everyone else's pics also. P.S. Cowboy (Santam01) are y'all planning another cruise. We had a great time getting to know you, and would enjoy another opportunity to sail with you again (as long as it is not during play offs that is....;) or the traditional Cowboys / Redskins game)

Hi tink,

We really enjoyed cursing with you guys also.
We did book a dummy cruise just to get the benefits but no set dates yet. We were thinking of saving our vacation next year and using it in 2015 for a PCC or TAC. But then again we also wanna do a 3 day in 2014 just to get our Disney cruise fix. Either way, always up for a group cruise :)

Hi tink,

We really enjoyed cursing with you guys also.

I hope that's just a typo and not a Freudian slip :rotfl2:

We are getting ready to return to Europe. Everything is packed and in about three hours we'll hit the road for a five hour trip to Jacksonville from where we'll fly first to Atlanta, then on to Amsterdam. Netherlands and then the final leg to Frankfurt, where we'll arrive in the late afternoon tomorrow.
Monday it's back to the grinder for me, Anja has another day off - a gift from he hospital honouring her 25th anniversary with them, which was on 10/01/13.

We just got back home today from the cruise and an extra week after the cruise at Disney World. It is great to be back home, my feet thank me for sitting down.

Just wanted to Thank everyone for the wonderful FE gifts. This was our 6th cruise but first time doing the FE and we had a great time.

Tink, thank you again for all the hard work.

Someone asked about the bows on the cruise and we do make them and sell them on Etsy at MeridaMerchandise. We have all Kinds (other custom items as well) and can make them custom just for you. Any questions just let me know.

Speaking of FE's, could the person who made the cooling bandanas please let me know where you got the inserts to make it a cooling bandana.
I would like to make these for the football team for spring training.
Thanks

Speaking of FE's, could the person who made the cooling bandanas please let me know where you got the inserts to make it a cooling bandana.
I would like to make these for the football team for spring training.
Thanks

You can find them at walmart, home depot, lowes or any plant and garden area. Ask for polymer crystals or watersorb. They are in the garden area.

How to Make Cool Ties or Bandanas

Each pound of MEDIUM size polymer contains about 115 teaspoons of crystals, which will make at least 50 bandanas at 2 teaspoons per tie.

http://watersorb.com/polymer_cool_neck_bands.htm

So not use more as they really grow when they are submerged in water, I have over filled!!

The neck ties are really great, or we think so, living here in Arizona. We go hiking with them around are neck. I originally made them for my sons soccer team, 14 years ago, wow time really flies.

We're back in Europe. All the flights were on time, the one from Atlanta to Amsterdam even landed 50 minutes early.
We unpacked 80% even though we got home as late as 6 pm. Tomorrow the washing machine and the dryer will run all day.
We definitely enjoyed cruising and the beaches, but it's good to be home again.

I hope that's just a typo and not a Freudian slip :rotfl2: We are getting ready to return to Europe. Everything is packed and in about three hours we'll hit the road for a five hour trip to Jacksonville from where we'll fly first to Atlanta, then on to Amsterdam. Netherlands and then the final leg to Frankfurt, where we'll arrive in the late afternoon tomorrow. Monday it's back to the grinder for me, Anja has another day off - a gift from he hospital honouring her 25th anniversary with them, which was on 10/01/13.
Lol, yes typo, cruising*

Hi all - I'm posting this on the groups page as well. ;)

I just wanted to say thank you to all for being part of such a wonderful celebration for us. This vacation was definitely worthy of the occasion. And while we did not get to meet each of you individually, just being a part of this community with the FE exchange and wealth of knowledge shared, played a big part in what made this trip so special. Here is the link to the interview which aired yesterday morning. :)

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9466363

party: WoooHooo! Our girl is officially 5 years CANCER FREE as of Monday, 10/28!

Hi all - I'm posting this on the groups page as well. ;)

I just wanted to say thank you to all for being part of such a wonderful celebration for us. This vacation was definitely worthy of the occasion. And while we did not get to meet each of you individually, just being a part of this community with the FE exchange and wealth of knowledge shared, played a big part in what made this trip so special. Here is the link to the interview which aired yesterday morning. :)

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9466363

party: WoooHooo! Our girl is officially 5 years CANCER FREE as of Monday, 10/28!

That was an awesome story. We are going to have to get some of the Christmas cards.
As we were watching, the boys reacted to her explanation of the angel with "Oh my gosh, that's like us. "
We have a porcelain angel for the top of the tree with beautiful blonde hair. We originally got it because it looked like me. Now it has become so much of our families traditions, that a plan for her future has already been laid out. As the boys grow, they know that Christmas will be at different homes each year. But insist who ever is hosting it at their home will top the tree with that angel. Unless of course we are at Disney, then she will (and has before) make the trip also.
I am so excited for Malia (I hope I spelled that right). And look forward to celebrating her next milestone:goodvibes
Tink

Hi Everyone!

Well, we are back home in Sydney now, depressed our trip is over but so happy to have been on it and met you all.

We had a wonderful time meeting you and a BIG thankyou for all your creative and generous FE gifts!

Hope that some of you tried the Vegemite we gave out and apologies if you thought it was terrible!

We hope to cruise again in the future and would love to keep in touch.

If anyone makes the trek down here, let us know and we can introduce you to more Aussie traditions!

BTW any more photos/video around of Maho Beach?

Take Care

Lea, Brett and Sarah

THe last two weeks have been frantic. Didn't even have time to download our pix to my computer. Perhaps tomorrow. As soon as I have done that I'll upload some to Dropbox and send out invitations.

We're off to check out a new gym in a few minutes. We'll attend a glass of BodyPump first and then we'll get the Grand Tour.

Hi Everyone!

Well, we are back home in Sydney now, depressed our trip is over but so happy to have been on it and met you all.

We had a wonderful time meeting you and a BIG thankyou for all your creative and generous FE gifts!

Hope that some of you tried the Vegemite we gave out and apologies if you thought it was terrible!

We hope to cruise again in the future and would love to keep in touch.

If anyone makes the trek down here, let us know and we can introduce you to more Aussie traditions!

BTW any more photos/video around of Maho Beach?

Take Care

Lea, Brett and Sarah

Lea,
I posted some on the group page. Chuck also got a great video of the big one landing.
Tink

This is a notice I received today about the next sail date we booked while on board.
Beginning November 12, 2013, all new onboard bookings must complete travel within 18 months from the date booked in order to maintain the onboard booking benefits.

We truly value your client's commitment to sail with us again and realize that they may have booked their future cruise reservation awaiting school schedules or our 2015 summer itineraries. In recognition of these factors, we are providing Guests who currently have an existing onboard booking an additional 6 months to travel.

This means that your clients must sail on their existing cruise reservations with the onboard booking benefits prior to November 30, 2015. Guests who are unable to sail within 24 months will have any current onboard booking benefits removed from their reservation. You may still modify your client's sail dates within the 24 month time frame as long as these modifications are done outside of any applicable cancellation period

So for those of us who booked dummy dates, our limit to reschedule has been adjusted.
The 2015 itinerary has been released through April of 2015. So, we can start looking.
For anyone interested, we are currently looking for January 2015, or December 2014. We are open for other suggestions from those looking to cruise together again.

Tink

We are going to have to wait until the second half of 2015 is released. We are wanting to go around the same time (Late September/early October). So hopefully we will be able to go before the 11/30 deadline. But moving forward I don't see us being able to get subsequent sailings in that 18mo timeframe. So we probably won't be able to benefit from OBBs anymore but hopefully we can take advantage of this one (fingers crossed). :-)

Howdy Everyone :wave2:
And Happy 2015!!!

After the sailing dates for 2015 were released, we started talking with a few people in hopes of getting some of us back together for another cruise. :grouphug: The date that was finally chosen was Nov. 27, 2015 on the Wonder out of Galveston.
So, if you had an on board booking that has to be used by the end of Nov. 2015 :hourglass, I would like to get the group back together for another great cruise. Heck, even if you didn't do the on board booking, think about it.
It's a holiday cruise, so the boat will be all decked out for Christmas, with the tree, gingerbread house, and SNOW :scratchin

So,.....
I am extending a BIG Texas welcome, and inviting y'all to my home state for the best way I can think of to spend Black Friday 2015....Setting sail with Disney!::yes::

And even if you can't sail with us, please stop by the November 27, 2015 Disney Wonder thread, and say hi:wave2:

~Tink~

Wow, that was a fun cruise. Are you planning another yet?
We are working on a Wonder out of Galveston.

Since that cruise, we done 2 on Disney Magic - 12-night Med in June of 2014 and 7-night Northern Europe in June of 2015, and 1 on Disney Dream - 4-night in October of 2014. Currently, we are booked on the 12-night British Isle cruise this June, but may also book a 7-night Western Caribbean in October of this year. Eagerly awaiting the itineraries for the rest of 2017 to be released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter