Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Welcome to our group kyliesmommy
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
I will send you an invite to the group page shortly.
As for the FE sign up, I am sorry to say that the opportunity to join the FE ended on July 26th.
You may want to reach out to pontiuspython. She just joined today as well, and was looking for an FE opportunity also. May be y'all can start up another sub group. I would not be able to maintain it like I am doing for the main FE though. I already have a great deal on my plate with the group and my personal vacation planning. But if others come along and want to join an FE, you can grow. Which ever of you wants to oversee your FE can take care of keeping track of the cabins and deciding when to except sign ups till.
I can help you set up a new table on the group page if you'd like.
There are still great opportunities within the group for meets and such.
Again welcome and I am sorry that you cannot take part in the FE.
~Tink~

Is there still room to join the fish extender fun? this is our second ever cruise and it is me my DD and my DD 8 princess: I am doing this as a surprise for her 8th birthday which is 10/2 the day we leave to fly to FL were we are going to MNSSHP on the 3rd and then board the fantasy the 5th :) and please any ideas on how to make it extra special feel free to share with me I already have some customs in the works :flower3: but I need more ideas :dance3:

Hi Everyone for Maho Beach!

I sent this email to Bernards Tours:

Hello,
I am wanting to organise a custom group tour for a group from a Disney Cruise. October 8th, Disney Fantasy. Approx 42 people, main purpose is to visit Maho beach for all plane landings, and perhaps Orient Beach (although there will be children, so another beach without nudity is preferred). Pick up approx 9am, return to town/port approx 4pm. Please let me know if possible, costs, number of buses etc.
Thankyou

I received this reply from Bernard:

Hello,

Yes all is possible according to your numbers we do have vehicles that is available our private customized tour where you choose to do what so ever you desire for the day with water beers sodas and rum punch included is $45.00 p.p .. Since you have such a large group we will give you a $35.00 per person we can certainly take you to galion beach which is kids friendly if you choose not to go to orient how ever keep in mind that we only drop off on the upper section of orient beach where you must have bathing suit on.
Thank you awaiting your reply..

Bernard.

So, we have a choice of Galion beach or the clothed area of Orient Beach.
Like others, I also would love to visit Marigot, which was one of my original places of interest.

From what I have ready, Marigot is 15 mins drive from Maho Beach. Plane arrivals for the bigger planes for Tuesdays seem to be from approx 11:30 to 2:30pm.

I would suggest letting Bernard choose the order in which we would go to the beaches, around our main activity of seeing the planes - after all, that is what we really want to do!

Can I please get an idea of preferences for which beach and Marigot or not. I have added a poll to the group site with 4 choices. Votes close 10 August, so jump in and let me know!

Thanks

Lea:)

Hello,
I am wanting to organise a custom group tour for a group from a Disney Cruise. October 8th, Disney Fantasy. Approx 42 people, main purpose is to visit Maho beach for all plane landings, and perhaps Orient Beach (although there will be children, so another beach without nudity is preferred). Pick up approx 9am, return to town/port approx 4pm. Please let me know if possible, costs, number of buses etc.
Thankyou

Hello,

Yes all is possible according to your numbers we do have vehicles that is available our private customized tour where you choose to do what so ever you desire for the day with water beers sodas and rum punch included is $45.00 p.p .. Since you have such a large group we will give you a $35.00 per person we can certainly take you to galion beach which is kids friendly if you choose not to go to orient how ever keep in mind that we only drop off on the upper section of orient beach where you must have bathing suit on.

Bernard.

Like others, I also would love to visit Marigot, which was one of my original places of interest.

From what I have ready, Marigot is 15 mins drive from Maho Beach. Plane arrivals for the bigger planes for Tuesdays seem to be from approx 11:30 to 2:30pm.

I would suggest letting Bernard choose the order in which we would go to the beaches, around our main activity of seeing the planes - after all, that is what we really want to do!

Can I please get an idea of preferences for which beach and Marigot or not. I have added a poll to the group site with 4 choices. Votes close 10 August, so jump in and let me know!

Thanks

Awesome. Thanks for the info Lea!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello,
Thankyou

Hello,

Bernard.

Thanks

Thanks, Lea! We posted our vote on the poll. :goodvibes We'd definitely like to stop in Marigot, and honestly will be fine with either beach. I guess the draw to Orient is just to say we've been there! ;) I looked both beaches up on Trip Advisor, and Orient had a half-star better rating over Le Galion. It looked like Orient had more options for food and things to do. With travel time, plane watching, and possible Marigot stop, I wonder how much time will we have at Orient/Le Galion? I guess another option could be to skip a second beach and spend more time in Marigot?? :confused3

Is there still room to join the fish extender fun? this is our second ever cruise and it is me my DD and my DD 8 princess: I am doing this as a surprise for her 8th birthday which is 10/2 the day we leave to fly to FL were we are going to MNSSHP on the 3rd and then board the fantasy the 5th :) and please any ideas on how to make it extra special feel free to share with me I already have some customs in the works :flower3: but I need more ideas :dance3:
I posted the following yesterday:
As for the FE sign up, I am sorry to say that the opportunity to join the FE ended on July 26th.
You may want to reach out to pontiuspython. She just joined today as well, and was looking for an FE opportunity also. May be y'all can start up another sub group. I would not be able to maintain it like I am doing for the main FE though. I already have a great deal on my plate with the group and my personal vacation planning. But if others come along and want to join an FE, you can grow. Which ever of you wants to oversee your FE can take care of keeping track of the cabins and deciding when to except sign ups till.

There has been discussions about this since then on the group page. I would highly recommend that you and pontiuspython get together to start a new FE sub group. One of you can volunteer to keep track, and I could help you set up a table for it on the group page.
~Tink~

Where do you sign up for the orient beach and Maho beach tour

Mike,
you want to send a PN to ozdisneyfan aka Lea who is the organizer of that tour.
It's great that you join us :thumbsup2

The sign up for this FE is closed

:thumbsup2 I will try to keep the FE at (or very Near) the top of each new page from now until we cruise for convenience. :thumbsup2

Break down of groups: (yes, some cabins are in both groups. ..they requested to be)

Group I
pixiehallow
TamaraH
CorEeyore
FrozenMinnie
Santam01
JulFromMD + 2
JulFromMD +3
JulFromMD +4
LadyCP
ozdisneyfan
Tiggerlily878
Deb T
Wanderluster25
2Crazygoofies
tatianasuv
Mrs Stevenson
MDennis28
DisneyFan_SD
Texas Lady
crews
Gillilma

Group II
pixiehallow
actnkidz
Mercinursi
jamelynn24
TCCDad
kmronnie3
Contrady family
Santam01
JulFromMD
JulFromMD +1
jbhatch
goofydvc
Tenn
chipmunklove
Jgamy
SinDee
Kprovax
Kprovax +1
Deb T
hng1979
jaimelynn4
Marchetti family
hmhaase
Texas lady
Southern gal
Aussiemickey
Fluffybunnyfeet
Ourfairytalelife
Carpenm3
Larrisje
dancegirl914

49 confirmed

Sub Groups have been sent out...If you are in group I, please remove MickeyFan from your list.

:chat:If you want a list of all Cabins, I will be happy to send one to you. All you have to do is ask :listen:

~Tink~

Good job, Lea!

As we obviously will have several vehicles, we could go to different beaches in the morning: The families to Gallon, the others to Orient, and then we all meet at Maho around noon and go to Marigot before returning to the ship.
We would like to spend two to three hours at Orient Bay - enough to enjoy the awesome water and get reasonably dry before heading for Maho.
I guess an hour there will be sufficient: See the planes, have a cocktail and carry on to Marigot.
Advice to everyone: Pack ear plugs - especially for the little ones!! Aircraft coming in that close will be awfully loud.

BTW, the last time we were at Orient Bay we only saw people in regular bathing attire ;)

How many people will there be per vehicle?
Knowing that number we could set up groups for the Family-Tour and the Oriental Tour.

I just spoke to a coworker, who spent several weeks on St Martin/St Marteen in last years, the last time being last year in fall. She said Marigot is definitely worth a visit and an hour to 90 minutes is more than sufficient to experience the aircraft coming in on Maho Beach. She'll send me a pic of the flight plan she made then. As soon as I got it, I will post it here.

I posted the following yesterday:

There has been discussions about this since then on the group page. I would highly recommend that you and pontiuspython get together to start a new FE sub group. One of you can volunteer to keep track, and I could help you set up a table for it on the group page.
~Tink~

Absolutely! I'll be posting over in the group in a bit to get the ball rolling. I had an internet outage last night & my plans to get things organized while the kiddos slept were a bit derailed. I'm happy to report that everything is back on track and that I have plugged the router back in (I actually suspect this was more the work of my dogs than my children... but anything is possible) so we are ready to get this thing going! YAY!

Kyliesmommy: I would LOVE to have you join us in a FE for latecomers!

Anyone else joining after this post: We'd be happy to have you, too! I forsee this FE including sign-ups until September 5 at the latest. This ensures enough time for people to figure out their gifts and how to pack them.

- Candace

(BTW: I am not allowed to reply to PMs yet because I don't have 10 posts. I don't want to just flood boards with posts without any real substance, so it might be a couple of days. I apologize if it seems like I'm ignoring you!)

Absolutely! I'll be posting over in the group in a bit to get the ball rolling. I had an internet outage last night & my plans to get things organized while the kiddos slept were a bit derailed. I'm happy to report that everything is back on track and that I have plugged the router back in (I actually suspect this was more the work of my dogs than my children... but anything is possible) so we are ready to get this thing going! YAY!

Kyliesmommy: I would LOVE to have you join us in a FE for latecomers!

Anyone else joining after this post: We'd be happy to have you, too! I forsee this FE including sign-ups until September 5 at the latest. This ensures enough time for people to figure out their gifts and how to pack them.

- Candace

(BTW: I am not allowed to reply to PMs yet because I don't have 10 posts. I don't want to just flood boards with posts without any real substance, so it might be a couple of days. I apologize if it seems like I'm ignoring you!)

If it helps with getting your posts up, you can post on this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960451&goto=newpost
It is for a thread titled Genie's magic carpet tours. It was a secondary thread for this group which was intended as a one stop shop for all meets and such. (Basically all of the info we have on the group page now) It is not really active because the person who was updating it had to cancel her cruise. But we do still have a few people who land on that thread (I keep an eye on it, and refer them over to this thread so they can keep up with all of the chatter).
You can post anything on there that you are posting on here (starting with your previous post....just copy and paste). That should help you reach your needed number of posts quicker. Plus, it would let any one who lands on that thread know there is still an FE opportunity :thumbsup2

Which, if I have not already thanked you, Thank You for offering to take this on.

Tink

...You can post anything on there that you are posting on here (starting with your previous post....just copy and paste). That should help you reach your needed number of posts quicker. Plus, it would let any one who lands on that thread know there is still an FE opportunity :thumbsup2

Which, if I have not already thanked you, Thank You for offering to take this on.

Tink

You're more than welcome, Tink! Thank YOU for working so hard for the whole group and for providing me with such wonderful guidance.

I posted over on the other page - thanks for that, too!

I am soooo excited for this cruise. I need the time away from Utah. Beautiful state, but the religious politics can fry your brain if you don't escape every now and again, lol! With the baby, I haven't had a chance to drive out to Vegas in ages.

Anyone from this cruise planning on visiting WDW afterward? We'll be at the Art of Animation.

Sorry, been out of the loop for awhile. Yes, Lea, we are still interested in the Orient Beach/Maho Beach day. I voted on the poll. It will be me and DH.
Mickeyfan

Maybe I missed it somewhere but it looks like you have 3 children, 1 girl 10 yrs old and then I was not sure what the other 2 children were. Please let me know as my gifts are different for boys and girls. Thank you.
Kim

Actually the 10 year old girl is my granddaughter and the 2 daughters are both in their 30's. I was afraid our group might be confusing since it's me-the grandmother & mother, my 2 daughters and my aunt who is close in age to me and we are all young at heart.

Thanks for checking on this. Looking forward to the fun,:yay:
:hourglass

I know what our entertainment will be the evening of our St. Thomas day!! :) Buckets ' Boards! http://www.bucketsnboards.com/showsevents I've never seen their act, but I've read a lot of good things about this comedy team in various posts. I'm guessing that they will also do an adult cabaret show the next evening, as well. :woohoo:

60 more days until we're onboard!! :cool1:

I know what our entertainment will be the evening of our St. Thomas day!! :) Buckets ' Boards! http://www.bucketsnboards.com/showsevents I've never seen their act, but I've read a lot of good things about this comedy team in various posts. I'm guessing that they will also do an adult cabaret show the next evening, as well. :woohoo:

Didn't get to see the family show but the adult show was really good/funny last year on the fantasy. I do recommend that you make time to see them in one of there 2 shows.

Santi

I looked at the schedule for Oct 5 but I didn't see our cruise listed. Am I missing something? (Act looks great!!)

MDennis28 said:
I looked at the schedule for Oct 5 but I didn't see our cruise listed. Am I missing something? (Act looks great!!)

According to their schedule, they will be on the Fantasy is 10.9 (Wednesday) and stay on until the 10.16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter