• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Welcome to our group tatianasuv
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
We have several different meets coming together right now. You can find all the info on our group page....I will send you an invite via PM (private message) here shortly.
The group page is a good place to get to know what else is going on with in the group as well. :thumbsup2

Quick question :confused: are you going to want to take part in our FE exchange. If so, just let us know, and we can get you added to the list.

With all that said, go ahead and jump in with both feet, read all the old posts, and have fun planning :woohoo:

I was looking at the deck plan and waves on deck 12 says it overlooks mickeys pool so it seems like a good spot. If we do decide to do a meet and greet would people prefer to do it around 3 before the life boat drill or after the drill?? preferences?? or if any one else has other ideas that would be great, not trying to step on any toes. I just had a great time on our last cruise when we met everyone from the boards on that first day and then saw them all around the ship :)

Christina

:cool1::woohoo:
We had our June monthly planning party today.

This month (as many of you already know) was to prepare for the cartoon creation portion of Animators Palate :artist:

Boy am I glad we practiced at home. The boys would have run out of time if their first attempt was on board at dinner.

Everyone dug deep to find creative inspiration and came up with some fun, cute drawings (I will try to add them to the group page later this week).

We also decided that we are going to pack pencils and the practice drawing the we decided was each of our favorites to take with to dinner that night. That way we can do the basic design we want and then color it in with the markers.

I would love :love: to see everyone else's practice drawings also. You can post them on the group page in the folder that has the practice sheets in them.

Hi sorry I tried to send pm message but because I'm new user it doesn't allow me. Please let me know what is FE exchange? I'm new at this:)

I was looking at the deck plan and waves on deck 12 says it overlooks mickeys pool so it seems like a good spot. If we do decide to do a meet and greet would people prefer to do it around 3 before the life boat drill or after the drill?? preferences?? or if any one else has other ideas that would be great, not trying to step on any toes. I just had a great time on our last cruise when we met everyone from the boards on that first day and then saw them all around the ship :o)

Christina

I would lean toward meeting before the drill.
This is mainly because after the drill, we have the sail away party, and then everyone is off to get settled into their rooms and early dinners are getting ready for dinner.
As for the place...where ever the majority chooses, is fine by me. Let me know where to be, and I will be there ;)

On the Dream, I've attended three different Meet & Greets on Deck 13 Forward, in the area where Satellite Falls is located on the Fantasy. They were all held about 30-45 minutes before the Mandatory Lifeboat Drill, when all areas are still open to the public. It's a big, open area, and very easy to find. The only downside would be if it was raining. All the lounge chairs are usually stacked until sail-away, so everyone just stands around chatting and putting faces to DIS names. The area in front of Currents Bar has lots of seating, but it's usually full with other cruisers at that time of day, already.

Another suggestion would be Deck 4 Mid-ship, near Vista Cafe. It's a small area, but it's inside in case of bad weather. There is seating available, but again, there tends to be other cruisers lounging around. It can be noisy in this area, too, since it overlooks the main lobby.

Another option would be for someone to contact DCL and ask if we can set something up in a private area. They tend to only do this for very large DIS groups, though. When they do, they usually set up a nice table with water, lemonade, and sometimes cookies. :)

My vote would be for doing the Meet & Greet on the first day, before the drill, around 3:15pm. By then, everyone is onboard, has eaten lunch, toured the open houses, and had some pool time. It's a nice way to start the cruise, and it's really amazing how often you bump into fellow DISers throughout the rest of the week that you now recognize! Also, everyone tends to get really busy with activities and events soon after sail-away. I've actually never been to a well-attended meet on a mid-cruise sea day.

Hi sorry I tried to send pm message but because I'm new user it doesn't allow me. Please let me know what is FE exchange? I'm new at this:)

An FE exchange is a gift exchange. People in the group make little gifts for other cabins with in the group, and then deliver them to bags that are hanging out side the cabin doors. It is a fun way to spread a little Disney magic.

For a more detailed explanation, you can search the board or the internet for FE. Or, once you join the group page, there is a message post all about it.

As for Private messages, I have sent you one. Look at the top left hand side of the page for a yellow box. It should say Welcome, tatianasuv. You last visited:.....
The bottom line in the yellow box should say Private Messages:...
Click on Private Message, to view the one I sent.

I was looking at the deck plan and waves on deck 12 says it overlooks mickeys pool so it seems like a good spot. If we do decide to do a meet and greet would people prefer to do it around 3 before the life boat drill or after the drill?? preferences?? or if any one else has other ideas that would be great, not trying to step on any toes. I just had a great time on our last cruise when we met everyone from the boards on that first day and then saw them all around the ship :o)

Christina

We must have been typing at the same time! :goodvibes

In front of Waves on the Dream would have worked, but on the Fantasy, that area has been re-imagineered into the new AquaLab.

Hey Deb,
Yea I think 3:15 would be great too... I will call Disney and see if they will set us up with a location :) Man I am sooo excited!!!! :cool1:

Tink I am so glad you posted the information about the drawing... I know it sounds silly but I would have had an artist block sitting at that table not knowing what to do... so I am going with a skeleton :)

For all four Cruisetoberfests we did the Meet'n'Greet after the lifeboat drill before und during the Sail-Away-Party, But I could also live with a 3:15p-meet ;)
It would be swell, if DCL could set something up for us!!

We just had a Disney-fix: We watched 'Wreck-It Ralph' on a 3D BluRay - very, very funny, especially for an old video game-buff like me :thumbsup2
BTW, earlier this month I pre-ordered Sony's Playstation 4, which is due for xmas season.

tigerlilly878 said:
Hey Deb,
Yea I think 3:15 would be great too... I will call Disney and see if they will set us up with a location :) Man I am sooo excited!!!! :cool1:

I submitted our request for a meet and greet location with Disney... Apparently they are not quite the planners we all are :). She said she will file our request and get back to us closer to sailing..... I gave her a guess of 80 people for now since that is what I roughly counted on the info database. I will be adding a roster on the yahoo page (if it let's me) for people to sign up so I can give them a better head count right before hand. I have requested a location on sailing day from 3 until lifeboat drill so please let me know if you will try to attend... I have made up some cute Genie name tags for us already :)

I submitted our request for a meet and greet location with Disney... Apparently they are not quite the planners we all are :). She said she will file our request and get back to us closer to sailing..... I gave her a guess of 80 people for now since that is what I roughly counted on the info database. I will be adding a roster on the yahoo page (if it let's me) for people to sign up so I can give them a better head count right before hand. I have requested a location on sailing day from 3 until lifeboat drill so please let me know if you will try to attend... I have made up some cute Genie name tags for us already :)

Sounds perfect! :thumbsup2 Thanks for setting this up! :) Looking forward to meeting everyone! :goodvibes

We will be attending! :)

For the FE exchange does anybody already have their pocket things? How much did they cost? If you made them...howd you make them?

For the FE exchange does anybody already have their pocket things? How much did they cost? If you made them...howd you make them?

Anything with one or more pockets will work for a FE. :thumbsup2 I've seen everything from paper gift bags to tote bags to duct-taped FE's to elaborate cloth FE's. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is anything made of paper because they tend to tear apart easily.

Our FE has gradually changed over the years:

I started with a plain burlap-type tote bag that I purchased from a craft store with a 50% off coupon. I drew an outline of a Mickey head in the middle of it, then colored it in with a lime-green marker. (I used lime green because that is the official DIS color.) Easy peasy!

My second FE was another tote bag, purchased free (only paid shipping) from VistaPrint. I chose their round tropical beach graphic and added the names of all four ships around it. At the time, the two newer ships were still being built!

Our current FE was a special surprise gift from another DISer on a previous cruise! I had organized the FE Exchange for that sailing, and when the DISer learned I didn't have a "real" FE, she made one for me!!! Sooo sweet!!! :goodvibes

We currently have 67 cabins in our group (so if everyone comes, we will have more than 80 people. We would be at 134 if each cabin only had 2).
If you go to the 'Who are you' form on the group page under database, you can see all of the cabins listed.
This does not give you a head count for each cabin though.
If you want to start a form for everyone to fill out, go to database on the group page, and click 'create a table' at the top of the page.

On the chance that you do not get the response that you are hoping for, you can get some of the information about how many are in each cabin on the FE list in data base. That does only have 38 of the cabins how ever.

Thanks for taking this on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter