• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Well, if a FB group has, or does start, and the only place that that some people interact is on FB we should consider the following. If the group splits for size reasons, then may be it should be the DIS (plus original group page ) active members in one group and the FB active members in another.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to stay one group (only splitting the Fish Extender portion). I may be totally off base here, but when I joined, it was to make friends. I always thought cruising with a group of friends would add to the enjoyment. And I do not know how we can get to know each other well enough if we split up where we interact. Only those willing to be on both forums, will get to know everyone.

Again, just my thoughts here.

~Tink~

As soon as we're on the ship we won't stay one group as we're much too diverse anyway: Families with kids, couples w/o Kids, empty nesters, multi-generation families, etc.
But we should aim at staying one group here on the DIS until embarkation day.
We did exactly that for our last four cruises with groups of up to 200 members and then kind of split up after the Sail-Away-Party.

What about the Corvette-thing on CC? Anybody joining me? I would love to test my Autobahn-honed driving skills against you guys :cool1:

Thanks for the voice of experience Eric.

And as for the racing, I will have to mention it to Chuck as he is the driver in the family

(*** The " I can drive ANYTHING" one):moped::drive::boat::snail::darth: (I couldn't find a land speeder, pod, or the Mellinium Falcon);)

Tink

Since we traded the convertible for a hybrid I'm not into speed anymore. I had the hybrid up to ita topspeed of about 112mph just once - usually I cruise at a leisurely 70 to 80mph. But I even took our convertible rarely past 125mph and tried ist topspeed of about 150mph only a few times. At gas prices of $8 to 10 per gallon you think twice before mashing down that pedal ;)

Before you ask your DH whether he'd like to race a Vette on CC, you may want to have a closer look at the date I posted that :lmao:

Since we traded the convertible for a hybrid I'm not into speed anymore. I had the hybrid up to ita topspeed of about 112mph just once - usually I cruise at a leisurely 70 to 80mph. But I even took our convertible rarely past 125mph and tried ist topspeed of about 150mph only a few times. At gas prices of $8 to 10 per gallon you think twice before mashing down that pedal ;)

Before you ask your DH whether he'd like to race a Vette on CC, you may want to have a closer look at the date I posted that :lmao:

Congrates:thumbsup2

You are the only one who successfully pranked me on April fools day.:headache:
So my hats off to you. :jester:

Now we know who is gullible.....
I was busy yesterday and did not have a chance to look into it. My bad...I'll check closer next time.

So, how long had you been planning that???

It was a spontaneous idea on the way back from the hospital after I had driven my DW to work at 6am. I'm glad it worked :thumbsup2
Usually I try my best to fool someone at the office, but Easter Monday is an official holiday over here.

For example: We have a chuck wagon coming every day around 1030am. The driver announces his arrival by playing the A-Team theme on a loudspeaker attached to the vehicle's roof. So I downloaded that song, burned it on a CD (That was in 2005 and I didn't have an iPod-jack in the car then), and at 1025am I went into the garage, lowered my car's roof and then blasted through our office park with my stereo at the highest volume setting and then parked it in the chuck wagon's usual spot.
There I lifted my windblocker onto which I had taped a huge 'Fooled Ya'-sign.
About a dozen people showed up - unfortunately only one from my company, but it was fun nevertheless ;)

Just wanted to let everyone know where we stand as far as the FE group goes.
The last FE list update is on post # 429, and according to the count at that time, we have 30 cabins signed up to participate.

A question of splitting the FE was brought up. Does anyone have a number in mind of when they would like to consider splitting.

My opinion is that a ideal number in a group would be at least 20, but no more than 30. With that said, I think that splitting at 30 would make for to small of groups.
**But this is just my opinion***

Also, I know this is a ways off, but when do we close the door to any new FE members. I only ask because I know that there are others aside from my family that are hand crafting gifts, and we need time to finish. Plus Eric has a cut off date because he is flying over the pond early.

Hey Tink,

I agree that we should cut it off at around 30 cabins because I too am handcrafting my FE and I need to order the material. I need to go in and see how many people in total we are looking at. I agree if we split it in half 15 may be to small but that is just me. I will go with whatever everyone else wants to do.

Yes, we do have a few. If you log into the group page, and go to the tab on the left labeled "database", you will find a couple different sign-UPS for scheduled meets ( for example, a wine tasting for the adults, or a pirate night make-up get together with costume contest).

If you have any meet ideas that are not already started, I invite you to add an idea on the group page. You will probably want to make a post on here as well in case some members don't get auto updates from the group page.

~Tink~

Thanks Tink! I'm off to there now. Looking forward to meeting everyone

We currently have 30 cabins wanting to participate in the FE, but if you want to have more details like how many kiddos and such, head to the group page.

I believe I have the FE info all up to date (or as complete as I could get it...I am still waiting on feed back from some not so active members).

Speaking of the group page, I was thinking of maybe having some kind of contest on there to increase visits....
Does anyone have any ideas???

Tink

We currently have 30 cabins wanting to participate in the FE, but if you want to have more details like how many kiddos and such, head to the group page.

I believe I have the FE info all up to date (or as complete as I could get it...I am still waiting on feed back from some not so active members).

Speaking of the group page, I was thinking of maybe having some kind of contest on there to increase visits....
Does anyone have any ideas???

Tink

Tink,

Can you add us to the FE list? We have decided to give it a go. This will be our first time doing the FE.

Thank you,
Jennifer

My dd is going to be 10 this cruise and I would like for to get out and meet children her age. Maybe we can have a meet and greet and bring our kids so they get to know each other and maybe start a good friendship. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

My dd is going to be 10 this cruise and I would like for to get out and meet children her age. Maybe we can have a meet and greet and bring our kids so they get to know each other and maybe start a good friendship. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

When are you wanting to put something together...
I am not sure where you are, but we are planning a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge soon.

Tink

NEW .... FE list:

pixiehallow
Tiggerb
TamaraH
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz
CorEeyore
ARLO1
Mercinursi
jamelynn24
FrozenMinnie
TCCDad
kmronnie3
Ashtonsmom99
Contrady family
Marchetti family
Santam01
JulFromMD
JulFromMD +1
JulFromMD + 2
JulFromMD +3
JulFromMD +4
JulFromMD +5
jbhatch
Jacqueline
Jacqueline +1
Jacqueline + 2
Dowley
goofydvc
Tenn
LadyCP
chipmunklove

NOW...31 confirmed and counting.....

Jacqueline, I still need the info I emailed you to get them added to the FE list on the group page....THANKS

And just a reminder, if you are not on this list and want to be, just let me know. We don't want to leave anyone out that wants to share in the fun of FE gifts

When are you wanting to put something together...
I am not sure where you are, but we are planning a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge soon.

Tink

We are in delaware but I was thinking maybe the first or second day of the cruise. It is great that we are meeting everyone so I thought the kids would enjoy something also. I am open for any ideas or suggestions.

We are in delaware but I was thinking maybe the first or second day of the cruise. It is great that we are meeting everyone so I thought the kids would enjoy something also. I am open for any ideas or suggestions.

I was thinking it would be fun to have a pirate costume contest on the day of Pirates in the Caribbean.

Tink

Hi Tink,

We have decided to do the FE's. Please add us to the list. I can't believe it is only 6 monthes away!:banana::banana:

Thanks,
Joyce

Joyce,
I am glad to add you in, and yes I agree......
:scared1:
ONLY 6 MONTHS

Can you do me a favor and please log into the group page (the Genies Magic Carpet one), and add your info to the FE list under the database tab. All you have to do is open the database tab, select the FE list, and then choose to add. Once you open the add section, there is a short questionnaire. Please fill it in as much as possibile.

Tink

Here we grow again...

pixiehallow
Tiggerb
TamaraH
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz
CorEeyore
ARLO1
Mercinursi
jamelynn24
FrozenMinnie
TCCDad
kmronnie3
Ashtonsmom99
Contrady family
Marchetti family
Santam01
JulFromMD
JulFromMD +1
JulFromMD + 2
JulFromMD +3
JulFromMD +4
JulFromMD +5
jbhatch
Jacqueline
Jacqueline +1
Jacqueline + 2
Dowley
goofydvc
Tenn
LadyCP
chipmunklove
Jgamy

NOW...32 confirmed and counting.....

Jacqueline, I still need the info I emailed you to get them added to the FE list on the group page....THANKS

And just a reminder, if you are not on this list and want to be, just let me know. We don't want to leave anyone out that wants to share in thefunof FE gifts __________

Hi Everyone:wave2:

My family and I will be joining you on this cruise!

We are me - Lea (44) :flower3: DH Brett (48) :surfweb: and DD Sarah (12):lovestruc and we will be joining you from Sydney Australia!

This will be our 4th DCL cruise and first on Fantasy and the first cruise in a b2b holiday (Gold here we come)! We will be staying in a Cat V on deck 11.

We love travelling and have been to the US 8 times in the last 15 years or so. We will be there for 6 weeks this time, in a final blast before our DD starts high school in early 2014. We are both in IT and DD is a devoted dance student.

Hoping to do FE, however we have to consider bag weight, so it may only be something small - anyone want to try Vegemite?

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Darn - now we Germans can no longer claim the cup for longest trip to Port Canaveral for us :eek:

Welcome to our new friends from Oz :thumbsup2
or should I say ' G'day ' ? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter