• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Welcome to the group camaraderie381
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
And Congrates on you first Disney cruise (warning, they are addictive:scared:)

I will send you an invite to our group page shortly.

By the way, will you be wanting to join the FE (fish extender ) fun?
...As a first time cruiser, if I just confused you I am sorry. You can look in to it first before answering. There are good explanations earlier in the thred, throughout the DIS board, and on line. Also, if you join our group page, we have a message post on there about it as well.

I look forward to getting to know you.

~Tink~

I just got a PM from camera381 (in reply to the group page invite).

She will not be cruising with us. She realized she is actually booked on the Wonder.

She apologized for any confusion:goodvibes

Tink

According our Evening News it was a wise decision by our group not to use Facebook:
The latest statistics here in Germany show an increase in burgleries. Experts stated that breaking & entering is made extremely easy by people posting their travel plans on social networks or posting while abroad.
The increase was 40% since 2008!!!

According our Evening News it was a wise decision by our group not to use Facebook:
The latest statistics here in Germany show an increase in burgleries. Experts stated that breaking & entering is made extremely easy by people posting their travel plans on social networks or posting while abroad.
The increase was 40% since 2008!!!

Thanks for the update / info Eric

Happy Easter Holidays to everyone :santa: No, that Santa is not a mistake as today it is about 15°C/27°F colder than it was on Xmas Eve :joker:
We even had some fresh snow here in Frankfurt, just a light frosting, but snow nevertheless.

For those flying to Florida for the cruise: Over here airfare has started to drop. Yesterday prices went down about 10%, but I decided to wait as I hope for another 10% :thumbsup2

Can't believe I found you guys! I never knew a group like this existed. DH, DS ( 18 ) & myself will be sailing with you! This will be our third Disney cruise, second time on the Fantasy.

Welcome to the group Cinsu

I am glad you found us!!!!

Are you going to want to take part in the FE?

Also, I will send you and invite to our group page shortly.

~Tink~

Wow! I thought I had joined this thread, but couldn't find my post.

Cruise #6 for us

Rick
Debbie
Zac (15 years old at cruise time)

Four previous cruises on the Magic
2nd Fantasy.

:woohoo:

Wow! I thought I had joined this thread, but couldn't find my post.

Cruise #6 for us

Rick
Debbie
Zac (15 years old at cruise time)

Four previous cruises on the Magic
2nd Fantasy.

:woohoo:

Pinky, I can't find you in my list of members. Could have you joined under another name?:scratchin

Believe it or not, that has happened before. One of our members had us all stumped. They jumped right into the conversation and left us all scratching our heads.
Also someone cruising on the Wonder accidentally joined our group. Only to find out they were in the wrong place when I sent them the invite to the group page.

So, long story short.....don't fret. The group is not closed so you can still jump in.

What I am trying to say is....
Welcome to the group:thumbsup2

I will send you an invite to the group page shortly.

Also, do you want to join the FE fun?

~Tink~

Hey everyone!

I have finally decided to get on the DIS...once I get on, I get a bit addictive!!!

Myself, DS12, & DS6 are excited to be going on this cruise!! This will be our 5th DCL cruise (4dayBahama..Wonder, 3 dayBahama...Wonder, 4 dayBahama...Dream, 7dayWestern...FANTASY!!)

One of my BFFs & her DS10 will also be going (their 3rd DCL Cruise).

We are in staterooms #8576 (same one that we were in last time) and #8577 (connecting rooms).

I did the FE on the last cruise and was a little overwhelmed with preparing things, but it was fun once we got onboard. Im not sure if we want to do it this time...this group is pretty big and it will probably totally stress me out...so, I'll have to get back to you about that. But, if the group splits, I'd probably be in.

Did anyone start a fb page? I've read the warnings, but fb works for me....and I had a blast getting to know my fellow cruisers via the fb page last June. We planned a meet and excursions together!

We are also looking for excursions for the two ports...something children would enjoy, if anyone has any experience.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm not sure about the FE. It sounds overwhelming for me but so much fun!!! Again, it's something I've never seen or heard of before. I am in the process of reading all the posts.....let me learn more and think about it. Are there any plans for meets once aboard the ship?

DCL added a new shore excursion on their signature island. It's called CCCC, which is the Castaway Cay Corvette Challenge. They're doing drag races on that old runway leading to Serenity Bay. It starts at 10am with the final run staged at high noon. I guess Serenity Bay will not be that serene for those two hours ;)

It's limited to 16 people at $999 each. Everybody gets three trial runs and then it's one on one shoot-outs. They're using the new C7 Corvette with a stick. The winner gets a free cruise and a commemorative leather jacket sporting both the Corvette-logo and a DCL-logo.

I already booked it. I guess it will sell out quickly - anybody going to join me?

Thanks for the welcome! I'm not sure about the FE. It sounds overwhelming for me but so much fun!!! Again, it's something I've never seen or heard of before. I am in the process of reading all the posts.....let me learn more and think about it. Are there any plans for meets once aboard the ship?

Yes, we do have a few. If you log into the group page, and go to the tab on the left labeled "database", you will find a couple different sign-UPS for scheduled meets ( for example, a wine tasting for the adults, or a pirate night make-up get together with costume contest).

If you have any meet ideas that are not already started, I invite you to add an idea on the group page. You will probably want to make a post on here as well in case some members don't get auto updates from the group page.

~Tink~

Welcome to our group 2crazegoofies

I will put you on the undecided list for the FE. If you decide to join, just let me know.

And to answer your question about the FB page, no we do not . If you have read the warnings, you can see that as a group we decided awhile back (for our protection, and the safety of our children) to not go with FB.
We do have a group page though. I will send you a link shortly.

Once again, welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.

~Tink~

Thanks for defending our stance against Facebook, Tink :thumbsup2

Just wanted to let everyone know where we stand as far as the FE group goes.
The last FE list update is on post # 429, and according to the count at that time, we have 30 cabins signed up to participate.

A question of splitting the FE was brought up. Does anyone have a number in mind of when they would like to consider splitting.

My opinion is that a ideal number in a group would be at least 20, but no more than 30. With that said, I think that splitting at 30 would make for to small of groups.
**But this is just my opinion***

Also, I know this is a ways off, but when do we close the door to any new FE members. I only ask because I know that there are others aside from my family that are hand crafting gifts, and we need time to finish. Plus Eric has a cut off date because he is flying over the pond early.

Thanks, got the link to Yahoo.

I understand the FB thing, but that doesnt mean that someone still didnt make a page, since there were several who asked..so, just thought I'd ask.

The last cruise I went on, had a group of people that communicated on DIS and a group that communicated on FB, and a group that did both...and it was fine...whatever works for each person....

the Yahoo page is just new for me, so I'll check it out...its all good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter