Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

I think 8A is the double port hole rooms? Sorry I dont have one of those but I will ask around to some of my cruising friends and see if any of them have had that room.

Kathy

Yes, it is. And we are booked in one of them with out the dividing wall.
I have seen the pictures of the room with the wall, but none without:confused3

If you can find any I would love to see them....Thanks

~Tink~

What about bringing typical treats or inexpensive trinkets from your state or country for the sail-away party?
We brought a hundred tiny bottles with typical German schnaps in four or five different flavours for the last four cruises. ;) One bottle holds about a shot, so it's not going to make anyone drunk ;)
Other people brought Buckeyes from Ohio, small key-chains from NYC, etc.

Hi everyone!

I've sort of been MIA for a while but I'm going to try to check this board more frequently. :)

We were looking at flights the other day :surfweb: and noticed that a direct flight to Florida is much more expensive on October 3rd then we were anticipating. We flew Disney World on December 23 and the prices are about the same as this October flight :crazy2: . Does that seem strange? :confused3 I was anticipating the tickets to be about $100 less if not more.

Just wondering if everyone else is seeing this as well. If so, when do you think will be the best time to purchase tickets to try and snatch the best price!?

On a totally different note :offtopic:, we've been collecting change to save up in our "cruise fund." We counted it the other day and had $200!!! :cool1: :banana:
Hopefully we'll be able to get in on some pretty cool excursions now! Do any of you who've had this itinerary before suggest certain excursions?

Thanks! Hope you're all staying warm!

On a totally different note :offtopic:, we've been collecting change to save up in our "cruise fund." We counted it the other day and had $200!!! :cool1: :banana:
Hopefully we'll be able to get in on some pretty cool excursions now! Do any of you who've had this itinerary before suggest certain excursions?

Funny, we do the same. We are actually saving for air fair. If we hit the mark, we will fly, if not driving is an option for us.:drive:

Savings suggestion for any one who has access to a Sam's Club, they have a great deal on Disney gift cards right now. $100 card for $98.87. Plus you get a $10 Disney Store gift card free. The $10 can only be used at the Disney store, but the $100 card can be used to pay for anything Disney. That includes your balance on your cruise, on board spending, etc. We are going to pay for the outstanding balance. The $1.13 will add up to a nice savings. Mainly because we have been making a monthly payment a part of our monthly planning party (I know leave it to a homeschool mom to make a lesson out of anything).

Oh, and here is a big thanks to Papa.....
I appreciate the video. We are in 6510. Supposed to be a similar layout. The only difference I know of is we do not have the pole (or so Disney told my travel agent:scratchin)

~Tink~

Hi everyone!

I've sort of been MIA for a while but I'm going to try to check this board more frequently. :)

We were looking at flights the other day :surfweb: and noticed that a direct flight to Florida is much more expensive on October 3rd then we were anticipating. We flew Disney World on December 23 and the prices are about the same as this October flight :crazy2: . Does that seem strange? :confused3 I was anticipating the tickets to be about $100 less if not more.

Just wondering if everyone else is seeing this as well. If so, when do you think will be the best time to purchase tickets to try and snatch the best price!?

Thanks! Hope you're all staying warm!

On the airfare:
The same goes for transatlantic flights, Cory. Presently the fares start at around €720/$960 per person for our flight from Frankfurt to Jacksonville. Usually we book between April and June as in the last years the prices were lowest then. Last year we paid €600/$800 for Frankfurt to Tampa in early May for our flights in September.

On saving change:
We're collecting €5 banknotes (our smallest bill) in a tin, that's about $6.70. A few weeks ago we emptied that tin and had €400 in it. I gave it to my cousin, who works for the German Federal Bank and thus gets a very good exchange rate as she doesn't have to pay a handling fee. She got us $520 for it. Together with some leftovers from last year's US trip we already have about $800 set aside - and already we've accumulated another €200 in that tin :cool1:
And in a piggy bank we're collecting €1 and €2-coins. There's also a nice sum in it already. I guess til April we'll have about a grand in both.
But a lot of that will be used up during our two weeks on Fuerteventura in April and May. The trip is all-inclusive, which goes for the flights, transfers, accomodation, food and all beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, but we usually use the spa a lot, which leads to a hefty bill as that is not included.

On excursions:
We think about going to Trunk Bay on St John while we're in St Thomas. On St Maarten we intend to go to Orient Bay in the morning and to Maho Bay around lunch time to see the aircraft coming in. Alternatively we're thinking about doing the combined kayak/snorkel-tour DCL is offering.
On Castaway Cay we'll head straight to Serenity Bay and chill all day and work on our tan :beach:

Wow, Viking, that's amazing! I'm going to have to learn how to save like you do! :worship:

Good advice on the excursions, too! I'm hoping to have $400 in our piggy bank to use for the additional expenses on the cruise!

Hi all,

well they have messed with my husband schedule at work so we wont be cruising with you guys.:sad2:

But we will get to go in November.:goodvibes

I wish all of you a very Magical cruise!!!!

Kathy

Mom x4, we are sorry you can not join us, but am happy you can still go later.

Here is an updated FE list guys:

pixiehallow
tiggerb
TamaraH
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz
CorEeyore
ARLO1
Mercinursi
Monami7
jamelynn24
FrozenMinnie
TCCDad
kmronnie3
Contrady family
Marchetti family
Santam01
JulFromMD
jbhatch

19 now confirmed and counting.....:thumbsup2

And just a reminder, if you are not on this list and want to be, just let me know. We don't want to leave anyone out that wants to share in the fun of FE gifts.

They are some good suggestions for excursions! Hey I wanted to get everyone's feedback on what are chances are for getting a cabana at castaway cay? We aren't allowed to start booking until 90 days out.

They are some good suggestions for excursions! Hey I wanted to get everyone's feedback on what are chances are for getting a cabana at castaway cay? We aren't allowed to start booking until 90 days out.

Based on past experience, that will fully depend on how full the cruise is......:crowded:

When I just went to check, there are still quite a few open cabins. So, currently it looks like we will not be packed to the gills :duck:
If that holds true, and people are booking at the rate they have been adding to our group (not literally of course, but in proportion), I think you stand a pretty good chance ::yes::

When we went in Dec, the cruise was not booked to capacity, and there were several empty cabanas. Plus the VIP areas :beach:(these are blocked off areas of the beach...not cabanas) did not book, and we were able to sit in them with out charge. Plus, when we went on the 3rd and 4th cruise that the Dream was out (2 weeks after its inauguration), the boat was at capacity, and there were still a few cabanas available when we arrived.

My advice is to not worry :worried:, and set a calender alert :surfweb: to schedule as soon as you can.

~Tink~

pixiehallow said:
Based on past experience, that will fully depend on how full the cruise is......:crowded:

When I just went to check, there are still quite a few open cabins. So, currently it looks like we will not be packed to the gills :duck:
If that holds true, and people are booking at the rate they have been adding to our group (not literally of course, but in proportion), I think you stand a pretty good chance ::yes::

When we went in Dec, the cruise was not booked to capacity, and there were several empty cabanas. Plus the VIP areas :beach:(these are blocked off areas of the beach...not cabanas) did not book, and we were able to sit in them with out charge. Plus, when we went on the 3rd and 4th cruise that the Dream was out (2 weeks after its inauguration), the boat was at capacity, and there were still a few cabanas available when we arrived.

My advice is to not worry :worried:, and set a calender alert :surfweb: to schedule as soon as you can.

~Tink~

Thank you for the suggestion. How do you go and check to see what is available? I cannot wait for the cruise and now that things are calming down in my life I am going in full cruise planning mode.

We're now a bit unsure on when to book our air to Florida. Our favourite carrier across the Big Pond is USAirways as they use beautifully maintained A330s with a great entertainment system in coach at a very reasonable price. Additionally USAir is a member of Star Alliance where we collect miles.
Now with the upcoming merger with American Airlines we're afraid that there may be changes in schedule interfering with our careful planning. Presently it looks like the new airline will be a member of One World.
We usually book between April and May, but now we may wait a bit longer.

Thank you for the suggestion. How do you go and check to see what is available? I cannot wait for the cruise and now that things are calming down in my life I am going in full cruise planning mode.

Well, since none of us can book things like cabanas yet, we will have to wait for that part. However, I think I can start booking at 180 days out. If you shoot me a reminder, I will start keeping an eye on it for you until you can book.

But.....as for how full the cruise is.....
The best way I have found ( beings that I'm not a travel agent, and can't pull up exact info) is to log into Disney's site for the cruise, and go through the steps as if to look into booking our exact cruise. Make sure to look as if booking for only 2 adults. The more people you add to a room search, the more limited selection there is for cabins.
When I did the search yesterday, there were more cabins still available for this cruise than the last one we took 8 months out. On that cruise, we did not plan as early, and the category we had previously decided on was no longer available. As a matter of fact you will notice if you do the search, there are still an over whelming number of upper levels still open.

Sorry.......kind went on and on to answer a simple question. I guess I'm getting a bit excited as well ;)

~Tink~

Thanks for the info about the booking situation for our cruise, Tink :thumbsup2
As we always do our vacations off season, we're kind of spoilt and used to uncrowded places ;) For example: We consider any wait over 10 to 15 minutes at the parks as unbearable.

I just checked the club on Fuerteventura we're staying at in April and May: They also still have a lot of vacancies. Here's a link - and a good opportunity to work on your German
http://www.aldiana.de/clubanlagen/fuerteventura/direkt-aus-dem-club/grusswort-vom-clubchef.html

Happy Birthday to you,:charac2::mic:
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Roxy,
Happy Birthday to you,
:cake::bday::cake:

Love ~Tink~

Hello everyone,

Hope all are doing well....
Heading over to Disneyland and California adventure for the day. Didn't bring my camera but I do have my iPhone, so if anyone would like any pictures or any info from either park I'll be more then happy to get it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter