Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

AshtonsMom99 said:
First time Cruiser here on this cruise, well actually first time DCL Cruise...Very excited and nervous....looking forward to "meeting" you all!

And one question.....what in the blazes is a Fish Extender? I am a TA and I should probably know these things but I don't.....LOL:confused3

A fish extender is a thing that hangs off the fish outside your room door and it has pockets on them. Everyone either makes or buys little gifts or souvineers of sorts for others that are participating. Think of it kind of like a massive secret Santa exchange :-) its a ton of fun!! If you search the cruise forum you'll see a ton of fish extender threads :-) my husband and I just participated in our first fish extender a month ago on the dream and we loved it!

I made everyone personalized Christmas ornaments and some stuff we got were:: door magnets, tshirts, ornaments, a fully made scrapbook which we just had to insert photos, a cd of vacation songs, key chains from people's home states, etc :-)

Hello everyone. We were on the Fantasy a month ago and met and got to know a lot of people because of the Facebook group(s) that got created for that sailing. Had such a terrific time that we also re-booked for this sailing along with Samantha and Alison who have already posted and a bunch others.

In room 7160 will be me (Scott), my wife Laura and our two kids, Logan and Drew (9 and 6 on the sailing)

This will be our 6th Disney cruise, finally moving up a level of the Castaway Club.

:wave2::welcome::welcome::wave2:

Welcome to our group AshtonsMom99 and Scauer

Check your PM's shortly. I will be sending you an invite to join our group page.

:listen:Quick question, are y'all wanting to get put on our FE list.
If so, just let me know, and I will add you to the list.

We are excited to have you as part of our group, and look forward to getting to know you on this DIS:disrocks: and on our Group Page :jumping1:

~Tink~

One more quick thought:idea:

I was just going over our cruise group list (which is where I am keeping track of FE members also), and noticed I have a great number of blanks in the FE column. They are blank because I have not gotten a definite YES::yes:: or NO:sad2: yet.
The following people are in my "I Don't Know Category":scratchin :

JeanC
PaPa
PouncingPluto
Moranafam
Pennyb123
Dreamer2625
NitewolfNovels
Disneyfan_SD
Sims11
Scauer
Ashtonsmom99

If you are in the list above, can you get back to me with a YES, NO, or MAYBE so I know that I have not missed you or let you slip through the cracks:crowded:. Which if I did, I am sorry.....It will never happen again....until the next time:rotfl: (or so my 16 year always tells me)

P.S> the last FE update was posted at #271 (on 11-7-12). If any one wants to check on my accuracy.:thumbsup2

~Tink~

A fish extender is a thing that hangs off the fish outside your room door and it has pockets on them. Everyone either makes or buys little gifts or souvineers of sorts for others that are participating. Think of it kind of like a massive secret Santa exchange :-) its a ton of fun!! If you search the cruise forum you'll see a ton of fish extender threads :-) my husband and I just participated in our first fish extender a month ago on the dream and we loved it!

I made everyone personalized Christmas ornaments and some stuff we got were:: door magnets, tshirts, ornaments, a fully made scrapbook which we just had to insert photos, a cd of vacation songs, key chains from people's home states, etc :-)

That sounds like a lot of fun, I bet my son would love that, I guess I better get on the list...how do I do that?

That sounds like a lot of fun, I bet my son would love that, I guess I better get on the list...how do I do that?

:cool1:You just did it!!!! You are now on the List :cool1:

Here is our updated FE List

pixiehallow
tiggerb
TamaraH
Calitexan mouse
Roxy217
Viking
actnkidz
MAJPLO
CorEeyore
ARLO1
Mercinursi
Kenai1972
Monami7
jamelynn24
FrozenMinnie
epfootballcutie04
TCCDad
kmronnie3
Contrady family
Marchetti family
Ashtonsmom99

We are officially at 21 cabins:eek:

OMG so exciting, I am going to need a lot of assistance since I have zero idea of what I am doing.....lol

epfootballcutie04 said:

So you are the one who made the Christmas ornament? You were on the 10/7 cruise to the Bahamas. That was my first cruise also and it was amazing.. I am trying to find a good excursion to do for this cruise. Do you have any ideas for a good one?

So you are the one who made the Christmas ornament? You were on the 10/7 cruise to the Bahamas. That was my first cruise also and it was amazing.. I am trying to find a good excursion to do for this cruise. Do you have any ideas for a good one?

We had a blast doing the 12meter-Regatta on St Marteen and loved the excursion to Trunk Bay on St John. We also did a 2tank-scuba dive on St Thomas, which was awesome.

This year we intend to go to that crazy beach on St Marteen where approaching aircraft soar right over your head - no further plans yet.

Well, I have fallen very short on my keeping things organized and current on the other thread. I PROMISE to get everything updated over Thanksgiving weekend! I am excited to see more people joining this cruise!

I haven't even thought about excursions....guess I better start persusing and planning...:banana::jumping1:

I just checked out how to get to Maho Bay on St Marteen and found this:
http://www.taxistmaarten.com/

We'll probably check out the island individually then: First from the ship to Maho Bay ($18) to watch the aircraft passing over the beach, then from there to Orient Bay ($30) and eventually back to Philipsburg ($20) to do some shopping and go back on board.

Hi Folks. My wife and I were on the Fantasy last week and booked this cruise for next year. We have cruised with Viking and Papa before on the "Cruisetoberfest" cruises in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

Looking forward to this cruise next year. We had a Fantastic time on the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi Folks. My wife and I were on the Fantasy last week and booked this cruise for next year. We have cruised with Viking and Papa before on the "Cruisetoberfest" cruises in 2001, 2003 and 2004.

Looking forward to this cruise next year. We had a Fantastic time on the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

YabbahDubbahDoooooh :cheer2::cool1: :dance3:
That's really great news!!!!
If you'd like to dine with your old tablemates again, please contact Papa. He linked our reservations.

:wave2::welcome::welcome::wave2:

Welcome to our group Cheese Please

I will send you a PM shortly with an invite to our group page, so keep a look out for it.

:listen: Quick question :listen:

Are you going to want to join our FE as well?

Just let me know, and I can get you added.

~Tink~

hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.....just a little over 10 months to our cruise......squee

Just wanted to say, we will pass on the FE's. It sounds like such great fun but with 7 flights to get through in our 6 week holiday it will be taking up our very precious luggage space for all our shopping. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter