Easter Crowds + Lots of Fun Anyway= One Magical Trip and a Completed Trip Report!!:)

Okay--just noticed I'm on post 299 and wanted to push it over to 300!! :cool1: I know....I know....:rotfl2::lmao: But I couldn't resist!!!

Still waiting for my Mickey Mail...:rolleyes1 My poor mailman probably thinks I'm crazy always running to the mailbox every time he delivers something....:rotfl: It seems like I got it earlier than this for our last trip...or at least I remember getting my Magical Express stuff by now. Oh well...just call me impatiently waiting......:rolleyes1

Hey Angie! I'm still waiting for my Mickey Mail too. I'm not worried about it per se, but I know I'll feel much better about it when I have it in hand. :thumbsup2

We'll be going to Pizza Planet for the first time next month. (Next month :woohoo: !) I think we tried to find it one year thinking it was a store and a meet and greet for Buzz and Woody, but we got lost, sought shelter from the rain somewhere else and never tried to find it again. :rotfl: This time around I know what and where it is so that's where we're going! DS4 is verrry excited about that one. :hyper:

We've always had our CS at the place beside Star Tours. I forget its name but it has all the props and stuff I think in it? Sells the typical burgers etc and its always been good.

Great pics of the Block Party, and I have to ask because I remember this from our trip too..... why doesn't Jessie have a neck? I mean really, the poor thing looks so cramped and hunched. :confused3

I'm sad your TR is winding down too, but I betcha you're ready to start another one soon enough aren't you!!!

:dance3:

Angie, I've looked at your update 3 different times today, but kept getting thwarted from replying.:rotfl: Aw, your TR is almost over? You'll write another one, right? RIGHT?

Loved the Block Party Bash pictures. We've not seen it but my kids would love it.:lovestruc

You've got great rain avoidance mojo.:laughing: Pizza Planet looks pretty good, and I love the "caught" look on DHs face!:rotfl2:

Hey Angie! I'm still waiting for my Mickey Mail too. I'm not worried about it per se, but I know I'll feel much better about it when I have it in hand. :thumbsup2

We'll be going to Pizza Planet for the first time next month. (Next month :woohoo: !) I think we tried to find it one year thinking it was a store and a meet and greet for Buzz and Woody, but we got lost, sought shelter from the rain somewhere else and never tried to find it again. :rotfl: This time around I know what and where it is so that's where we're going! DS4 is verrry excited about that one. :hyper:

We've always had our CS at the place beside Star Tours. I forget its name but it has all the props and stuff I think in it? Sells the typical burgers etc and its always been good.

Great pics of the Block Party, and I have to ask because I remember this from our trip too..... why doesn't Jessie have a neck? I mean really, the poor thing looks so cramped and hunched. :confused3

I'm sad your TR is winding down too, but I betcha you're ready to start another one soon enough aren't you!!!

I'm not really worried about my Mickey mail either--just really excited, especially since my parent's will be receiving their Mickey mail for the very first time.:yay: But I know there's plenty of time....uh..well.:rolleyes1

I think you kids will really enjoy Toy Story Pizza Planet!! We thought the combo meals were pretty big. The boys could have easily shared one. But what they both love most of all is the arcade!! Which sometimes makes it very hard to leave the place.:rotfl:

I had to go back and look at the pics of Jessie in the parade. You're right--very strange.....poor thing!!:laughing:

Angie, I've looked at your update 3 different times today, but kept getting thwarted from replying.:rotfl: Aw, your TR is almost over? You'll write another one, right? RIGHT?

Loved the Block Party Bash pictures. We've not seen it but my kids would love it.:lovestruc

You've got great rain avoidance mojo.:laughing: Pizza Planet looks pretty good, and I love the "caught" look on DHs face!:rotfl2:

I'm so sad that my TR is almost over...:( But on the brighter side it will allow me to spend more time reading everyone else's TR's and get me even more excited for our upcoming trip!! (as if that's actually possible:rotfl:)

DH does not like to get his picture taken! So when I attempt to get a picture it's usually the back of his head because he's turned quick, a side view or most often a look of surprise that I actually got the picture.:laughing:

Yay:yay: I'm so excited!! I got some Mickey mail today!!!:woohoo: Well...kind of:rolleyes1 I didn't get my luggage tags,etc.but....I did get my Magical Express stuff!!!!(I'll take it:thumbsup2)

Yay:yay: I'm so excited!! I got some Mickey mail today!!!:woohoo: Well...kind of:rolleyes1 I didn't get my luggage tags,etc.but....I did get my Magical Express stuff!!!!(I'll take it:thumbsup2)

Oh! Yay :cheer2: but you're after me :confused3 so now I'm starting to get a smidgen anxious. Maybe its longer thru my TA?

Oh! Yay :cheer2: but you're after me :confused3 so now I'm starting to get a smidgen anxious. Maybe its longer thru my TA?
Hmmm... We've always booked through Disney and have had our Magical Express stuff around 40 days before our trip. That's why I was just starting to get a little anxious...:rolleyes1 Did you use a TA for your last trip??
Mmmmm, that wasn't a proper woot now was it?

MICKEY MAIL!!! :dance3: party: :dance3:

Yay!!:yay: Thanks for the woot!!! :rotfl:

(I'm sure any day now you will be getting your Mickey mail and we can do this for you!!!;)) :dance3:party::dance3::yay::cool1::yay::cheer2:

Awwww, thanks for the pre-woot! I've used the same TA for each of our trips and it does usually seem to be last minute to get my Magical Express. I guess this time comparing it to fellow DISers is making it seem even longer. :rolleyes:

My laptop is killing me! The internet connection is dreadfully slow and its taking me 10 times longer to do everything. So much for 6:30ish on my own PTR. :headache:

Sorry about your laptop.:sad2: Mine was acting up the other day when I was in the middle of doing an update...ugh:headache:

Hope it speeds up for you!!:goodvibes I was looking forward to guessing another Disney tune tonight.:thumbsup2

whoo hoo on the Mickey Mail! DME came first for us, the rest shouldn't be far behind!

I love the Block Party bash pics. That is one parade I'd like to see that I haven't. Too funny about Pizza Planet. Somehow I've escaped that place so far.....

GREAT rain karma you had, very cool!

Hey Angie, I missed the update because we went to Georgia to watch Lacey graduate but I'm caught up again. Hunter absolutely has to eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet every time we go to Hollywood Studios. Thank goodness it wasn't super crowded when you went. Never happens that way for us.:confused3 What a great bonus that you still caught the Block Party Parade!

I got our park maps in the mail Friday!

whoo hoo on the Mickey Mail! DME came first for us, the rest shouldn't be far behind!

I love the Block Party bash pics. That is one parade I'd like to see that I haven't. Too funny about Pizza Planet. Somehow I've escaped that place so far.....

GREAT rain karma you had, very cool!
I was sooo happy to get some Mickey mail!!:woohoo: It just feels so real once I finally have something in my hands.:thumbsup2
We really enjoyed Block Party Bash!! It was a very unexpected but wonderful way to end the day at DHS.
Hey Angie, I missed the update because we went to Georgia to watch Lacey graduate but I'm caught up again. Hunter absolutely has to eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet every time we go to Hollywood Studios. Thank goodness it wasn't super crowded when you went. Never happens that way for us.:confused3 What a great bonus that you still caught the Block Party Parade!

I got our park maps in the mail Friday!

Hi Lisa.:goodvibes I hope you had a good trip!! Did Lacey come home with you? As I see that you only have about 2 weeks left before you leave for Disney!!:woohoo: You must be sooooo excited!!!:yay:

The boys absolutely love Toy Story Pizza Planet so it's always a must do for us. (despite my protests!!:laughing:) Just kidding, it's not so bad--plus the boys are able to get regular CS meals here and not just the kid choices, which they like.:thumbsup2

Yay!! for getting your park maps!! :dance3: It's so much fun getting Mickey mail!! I finally ordered mine last week so hopefully I will be getting them in a couple weeks also.:thumbsup2

Well, I'm in the process of loading all our pictures from our last morning at Magic Kingdom. I'm hoping...as long as Photobucket cooperates to get an update posted tomorrow at the latest. I think we're actually going to have a nice day outside today. (fingers crossed) So I will probably stay outside with the boys and watch them swim this afternoon. :)

I was sooo happy to get some Mickey mail!!:woohoo: It just feels so real once I finally have something in my hands.:thumbsup2
We really enjoyed Block Party Bash!! It was a very unexpected but wonderful way to end the day at DHS.

Hi Lisa.:goodvibes I hope you had a good trip!! Did Lacey come home with you? As I see that you only have about 2 weeks left before you leave for Disney!!:woohoo: You must be sooooo excited!!!:yay:

The boys absolutely love Toy Story Pizza Planet so it's always a must do for us. (despite my protests!!:laughing:) Just kidding, it's not so bad--plus the boys are able to get regular CS meals here and not just the kid choices, which they like.:thumbsup2

Yay!! for getting your park maps!! :dance3: It's so much fun getting Mickey mail!! I finally ordered mine last week so hopefully I will be getting them in a couple weeks also.:thumbsup2

Well, I'm in the process of loading all our pictures from our last morning at Magic Kingdom. I'm hoping...as long as Photobucket cooperates to get an update posted tomorrow at the latest. I think we're actually going to have a nice day outside today. (fingers crossed) So I will probably stay outside with the boys and watch them swim this afternoon. :)

Yes, Lacey is home with us for almost a month! Super excited to spend time with her.

Pizza Planet isn't as bad and I make it out to be. It's just always so crowded!

The maps were really cute. I ordered the kind that have the characters on them instead of the old timey looking ones. Of course, after 13 trips to Disney, we don't need the parks but they are a nice free souvenier.

Yes, Lacey is home with us for almost a month! Super excited to spend time with her.

Pizza Planet isn't as bad and I make it out to be. It's just always so crowded!

The maps were really cute. I ordered the kind that have the characters on them instead of the old timey looking ones. Of course, after 13 trips to Disney, we don't need the parks but they are a nice free souvenier.

Lisa, that's so wonderful that Lacey is home!! :goodvibes and for almost a month!! You must be soooo happy!!!:banana:

I ordered the same maps!! I already have a few of the old style ones but when I saw the ones with the characters on them from MickeyMom's PTR (thanks;)) I just knew I had to have them!!:thumbsup2 I agree--they do make a great sovenier!!!

We are planning to pick a Disney movie to watch, make a meal/snack that goes with it and do a activity. This week the boys have picked The Jungle Book.(one of their favorites.) You might have noticed, since I made them each a shirt for our Animal Kingdom day. Anyways, I'm having a hard time trying to think of an activity that goes with the Jungle Book. So far for a snack we have Monkey bread or Monkey Munch

How did this go by the way, did you say already? Have you done others?

How did this go by the way, did you say already? Have you done others?

It went great!! Thanks for asking!!:goodvibes So far, we have done Jungle Book Day, Lilo and Stitch Day, Aladdin Day and Meet the Robinson's Day. We used your activity suggestions for Jungle Book (thanks btw!!;)) The boys had a blast!! We made Monkey bread and made Papa Bear Sandwiches (thanks, Lisa!!;))
On Lilo and Stitch day, they had Peanut Butter Sandwiches (because of Pudge the fish:laughing:) We made skewers of meat and pineapples on rice for dinner. We had coconut races, and did the limbo. They also colored some pictures of the characters.

On Aladdin day, we made Magic Carpets out of construction paper and did alot of activities/snacks with apples because the boys told me Aladdin really likes apples!! (I still haven't watched all of Aladdin yet--hmmm...what is wrong with me.:rotfl:)

Finally on the Meet the Robinson Day, we did some Science Experiments, and we made pizza and cut it to look like spaceships, and then did some activity sheets. So far it's been alot of fun for the boys!! We always end the day watching the movie and having popcorn.;)

This week I'm thinking of Toy Story or Lady and the Tramp? Not sure yet.:confused3 It's certainly keeping us busy and helping to make the time go by until our trip:thumbsup2

It went great!! Thanks for asking!!:goodvibes So far, we have done Jungle Book Day, Lilo and Stitch Day, Aladdin Day and Meet the Robinson's Day. We used your activity suggestions for Jungle Book (thanks btw!!;)) The boys had a blast!! We made Monkey bread and made Papa Bear Sandwiches (thanks, Lisa!!;))
On Lilo and Stitch day, they had Peanut Butter Sandwiches (because of Pudge the fish:laughing:) We made skewers of meat and pineapples on rice for dinner. We had coconut races, and did the limbo. They also colored some pictures of the characters.

On Aladdin day, we made Magic Carpets out of construction paper and did alot of activities/snacks with apples because the boys told me Aladdin really likes apples!! (I still haven't watched all of Aladdin yet--hmmm...what is wrong with me.:rotfl:)

Finally on the Meet the Robinson Day, we did some Science Experiments, and we made pizza and cut it to look like spaceships, and then did some activity sheets. So far it's been alot of fun for the boys!! We always end the day watching the movie and having popcorn.;)

This week I'm thinking of Toy Story or Lady and the Tramp? Not sure yet.:confused3 It's certainly keeping us busy and helping to make the time go by until our trip:thumbsup2

Wow! Can you be my mom?

Pudge the fish :rotfl: It's an abominination! Lilo dinner sounds verrry yummy!

Gasp! You haven't watched Aladdin?? Robin Williams is my ultimate favorite voice over as Genie in this movie! Soooooo funny. The other two Aladdin's, meh, not so much, but the first one? :happytv:

Huh, I forgot about Meet the Robinson's. I have that on DVD somewhere, we should look for it and watch it. Its been so long it'll be like it was new again!

Let me know what you do with either Toy Story or Lady and the Tramp!

Wow! Can you be my mom?
Too funny!!!:lmao:

Pudge the fish :rotfl: It's an abominination! Lilo dinner sounds verrry yummy!

I just love that line from the movie!!!That and "cause all we have is...is...stinkin' tuna!!!":laughing:

Gasp! You haven't watched Aladdin?? Robin Williams is my ultimate favorite voice over as Genie in this movie! Soooooo funny. The other two Aladdin's, meh, not so much, but the first one? :happytv:

I know... I was supposed to finally watch it with them on our Aladdin day but I think that was the night my brother and his girlfriend came over...You make it sound so good--now I definitely have to watch it!!

Huh, I forgot about Meet the Robinson's. I have that on DVD somewhere, we should look for it and watch it. Its been so long it'll be like it was new again!

We love Meet the Robinson's!! I know it's not as popular as most of the Disney movies but I just love the message of the movie-" Keep Moving Forward."

Let me know what you do with either Toy Story or Lady and the Tramp!

Still deciding but I'm leaning toward Toy Story....

April 21st--Day 6--Our last morning:(

Magic Kingdom

I woke up very early this morning, just like I did every other morning that we were in Disney. But there was something very different about this day. It was our very last day and as excited as I was to be able to go back to Magic Kingdom one more time before we left, I was also very sad.:sad1: I couldn't believe our vacation had flown by so fast. It felt like we had just boarded the Magical Express bus, taken the short journey and was opening the doors to the Pop Century lobby to check-in. But here we were and looking around at all the opened suitcases in front of us, I knew I had to cheer up and get our suitcases packed so we could check-out, leave them and head to Magic Kingdom. My goal again for this day was to make it to rope drop. But I had alot to do, and one of them was trying to stuff all the boys stuffed animals into a suitcase. They had both brought two from home but what I didn't plan on was all the others that they would buy in Disney. Needless to say we ended up clearing one of our carry-on bags and stuffing all the animals inside. Can you believe it?? It took a whole suitcase to bring back all their animals....:rolleyes1
Anyways after finally getting everything packed up, we headed down to leave our luggage and proceeded to grab a quick bite to eat before heading to the park. We quickly grabbed some bagels and coffee for us and some chocolate croissants and juice for the boys. Today was the first time that we decided to sit over to the left as you walk into the food court and I'm so glad we did. I don't know why but we always seemed to overlook it when we were eating here. It's like it own separate section, a little quieter and they even had coffee, creamer, sugar etc over here. No more waiting to get our coffee in the main area. Boy, I wish we would have found this section in the beginning of the week.. A few pictures of the boys eating their breakfast.
100_1056.jpg

100_1057.jpg

I can't really remember what happened---I thought we were making good time but unfortunately we missed the opening show and didn't arrive quite for rope drop but instead about 10 minutes late. At the time I didn't give it a thought. DH decided to run for fastpasses to BTMR as the boys and I took our time and walked down Main Street to take in all the sights one last time. I took a quick picture--
100_1060.jpg

and another....
100_1058.jpg

Our plan had been to head straight towards Dumbo to ride, while DH got the fastpasses. But I must have still been on EMH time because I had forgotten how imperative it is to ride Dumbo first thing if you didn't want to wait in line all day. I was just so busy enjoying the sights and taking everything in one last time. That I decided to stop and take a picture of the boys in front of the castle.
100_1061.jpg

Then a very nice CM offered to take a picture of the three of us--
100_1063.jpg

After the pictures, I finally came back to reality and finally started moving quicker toward our destination!! We had already arrived at the park later than normal, had taken our time, when we should have been following the crowd of people to the ride first thing, as I knew that it gets very busy right away. We only had the morning after all, we didn't want to spend it standing in line for Dumbo.... We finally made it to the ride and just as I expected the line was already pretty long but the boys wanted to ride it. We actually do love this ride.:lovestruc It's so magical to be able to see the castle as your flying through the air.:cloud9: It took awhile but we finally made it to the front of the line, the boys had been talking to me the whole time trying to convince me to let them ride by themselves together. So as they got on, I got off and positioned myself to take some pictures--
100_1064.jpg

100_1065.jpg

100_1067.jpg

At the time, I scolded myself for taking so long to get to the ride, especially since I knew that we had a limited amount of time in the park. (I'm such a planner after all.;)) But now as I look back at the morning, I don't regret a thing even if it meant waiting in line an extra 30 minutes. I was able to spend time with my boys just enjoying being in the moment. I finally realized that sometimes not following the plans doesn't mean it's going to ruin the rest of the day but just adds extra, unexpected moments to the trip that are sometimes better than the moments that are completely thought and planned out.:)
After Dumbo it was getting close to 10:00am, we stopped to check the stand-by for Pooh but decided against it as we knew we only had a couple more hours before we had to leave. Mad Tea Party had no wait so we all climbed inside our Tea Cup this time.....even me!!! If you remember from earlier in the trip I had refused to ride because of how dizzy it made me last year. But...it was our last day and I was feeling adventurous!!:rotfl: A quick picture of the boys before we started spinning!!!
100_1069.jpg

Since it was almost time for us to use our fastpasses for BTMR, we decided to head over to Toontown so the boys could ride Goofy's Barnstormer a couple more times before we boarded the train to Frontierland.
DS9 and I sat in the very front seat--so I just had to take a picture going up the track--
100_1070.jpg

One of DS--"Mom, put the camera away!!"
100_1071.jpg

After zooming around Goofy a couple times, we got off and headed to the train. As we were waiting--I took some more pictures-
100_1072.jpg

100_1073.jpg

100_1074.jpg

Next stop was Frontierland! We got off the train and headed straight for BTMR. We were hoping that we had better luck riding this time around and lucky we were!! We made it through the whole ride without getting stuck again!! Yay!! Not that we didn't hold our breath though when we began climbing that same mountain!! The ride was awesome as usual!

We decided at this point that we should really do some shopping. But we got distracted by the sights and slowly made it over through Frontierland to Liberty Square. It was just then I noticed Columbia Harbour House. I really wanted to try this place because I heard such great things about it and I have to say it definitely didn't disappoint. I thought it was the best CS we had the whole trip!! I was very pleased!! DH ordered the Chicken and Fish basket with fries. I ordered the Tuna Sandwich w/lettuce and tomato on multigrain bread w/ chips. The boys got chicken...I think? Anyways, we got the Apple Crisp for dessert--so yummy!!! I thought it was the best dessert of the trip!! It wasn't prepackaged!! YAY! After our bellies were full, we made our way to Main Street to finally and hopefully finish our shopping...

to be continued on next post......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter