Easter Crowds + Lots of Fun Anyway= One Magical Trip and a Completed Trip Report!!:)

The last time we saw Playhouse Disney was when Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley were there. It was fun but I hated sitting on the floor and people's feet being shoved into my back. Ugh!

The last time we saw Playhouse Disney was when Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley were there. It was fun but I hated sitting on the floor and people's feet being shoved into my back. Ugh!

That's what DH hated as well. As we were pushing forward, trying to make room for everyone, the people in front of them decided not to move very much so poor DS9 ended up sitting behind us.:sad2: It was cute show overall. DS6 loved it!!! But I think DH and DS9 would have been much happier if they had went off on their own to do something else.:rolleyes:

My kids and I are so jealous that you got to see Bolt and Rhino! We are HUGE fans of that movie and wanted to see them so badly! We have a hamster that is a bit, *pudgy*, shall we say, and Rhino reminds us of him:lmao:

TSM is just so fun it doesn't matter what you score! At least, that's what I tell myself because I don't do that well :rolleyes1

Your next trip is coming up quickly...I'm jealous about that too:rolleyes:

Two years ago we saw Playhouse Disney with Bear in the Big Blue House and Stanley. (It's...... the....... great big book of everything, and everything inside!)

We absolutely love TSM its a blast isn't it? We've also always bypassed the lines. I didn't even know Mr Potato Head was there until I saw a pic of it! :rotfl:

Treasure this age, when they love Playhouse Disney and the characters at the time. It passes SO soon! It was suge a huge deal (to them) in 04 and now.... the kids don't even remember 90% of it!

I miss Stanley. And Bear (and Luna!). And the other Blue, even Steve. Sigh.

We only got ONE picture in TSM. At that point I was just happy to get on lol!

Score...smore :) You had fun, that's all that matters L)

My kids and I are so jealous that you got to see Bolt and Rhino! We are HUGE fans of that movie and wanted to see them so badly! We have a hamster that is a bit, *pudgy*, shall we say, and Rhino reminds us of him:lmao:

TSM is just so fun it doesn't matter what you score! At least, that's what I tell myself because I don't do that well :rolleyes1

Your next trip is coming up quickly...I'm jealous about that too:rolleyes:
My boys love the movie Bolt and were so excited to see the characters!! I haven't even watched the movie yet. (which is so unlike me w/Disney movies.:confused3) But I'm really excited to see the UP characters that you saw.:goodvibes
TSM is such a great ride and I keep telling myself it doesn't matter what I score. (even though it so pathetic.:rotfl:) My boys love picking on me about it........:rolleyes:
Treasure this age, when they love Playhouse Disney and the characters at the time. It passes SO soon! It was suge a huge deal (to them) in 04 and now.... the kids don't even remember 90% of it!

I miss Stanley. And Bear (and Luna!). And the other Blue, even Steve. Sigh.

We only got ONE picture in TSM. At that point I was just happy to get on lol!

Score...smore :) You had fun, that's all that matters L)

I miss Stanley too!! But especially Bear in the Big Blue House!! We used to watch those shows all the time. I was disappointed last year when they updated the show because we really wanted to see Bear and all his friends.:sad2: The new show is alot of fun though and my youngest adored it.:lovestruc

I agree...we had so much fun on TSM!! Maybe it's just all the teasing I get from my boys because of my pathetic score...:lmao: Oh well....still love the ride.:love:

April 20th-Day 5 continued......

Disney's Hollywood Studios

When I left off, we were just finishing up TSM, it was around noon at this time and we thought it might be fun to walk over and check out Star Tours. This was another ride we were riding for the first time this trip. Surprisingly, it wasn't busy at all and we walked right on. The boys loved this ride.:thumbsup2 Then again, there are not too many rides at WDW that they don't love.:laughing: But seriously it was a pretty fun ride and we were glad that we tried it out.

After Star Tours, I knew that we had about 45 minutes before Lights, Motor Action started. So we decided to check out the Backlot Tour. I had heard alot of mixed reviews of this attraction but decided to give a try anyway. It was actually pretty interesting and gave us the opportunity to sit, relax and enjoy the sights.:thumbsup2 I only got one picture during this ride and I believe it was toward the end. I decided to put my camera away when we first got on the ride because our seats were covered in water and I didn't want to get my camera wet. ( from Catastrophe Canyon) Here is my one lonely picture......
100_1014-1.jpg

As you can tell, the skies were getting pretty dark as we exited the Backlot Tours. We stopped in the gift shop on the way out and grabbed a few bags of trail mix to share, since the boys were starting to get hungry. By this time it was almost one and we hurried to find seats at Lights Motor Action. I think the guys were most excited to see this show than any other at this park. They are boys after all and they love all this stuff.;) I actually thought it was pretty cool myself!!! Here's a few pictures I took during the show.....
While waiting for it to begin, I thought it was neat to be able to see the TOT and Sorcerer Hat and decided to take a pic-
100_1018.jpg

And the show began.....
100_1019.jpg

100_1023.jpg

100_1022.jpg

100_1020.jpg

100_1024.jpg

Half-way through the show, it started to rain. We were actually extremely lucky this trip as this is the only time it rained the whole week were there.
After Lights Motor Action we hurried through the rain, watching people pulling on their ponchos and of course what did I forget back at the resort.....you guessed it!!! Ponchos. So while I contemplated going and buying some for all of us. What did I see but HISTK play area...Yay!! We quickly ducked inside. The rain was actually starting to let up a little anyway. But being inside the play area helped keep us dry.... I took a few pictures while the boys played-
100_1025.jpg

100_1026.jpg

100_1027.jpg

100_1028.jpg

100_1029.jpg

By the time we finished up in HISTK, the rain had pretty much stopped but it was still very cloudy and looked like it was going to rain again any minute. The boys wanted lunch but first we stopped and watched Muppet 3D. I love this show!!:lovestruc
100_1030.jpg

100_1031.jpg

UH...OH--Looks like rain again???

Next up--A little lunch and then a Parade-YAY!!

We've never seen Lights Motor Action or gone on the Backlot Tour. One of these days. My kids just love the HISTK playground. I never realized it is covered. I guess I never looked up:rotfl:

We've never seen Lights Motor Action or gone on the Backlot Tour. One of these days. My kids just love the HISTK playground. I never realized it is covered. I guess I never looked up:rotfl:

Lights Motor Action is alot of fun!! Definitely action-packed!! My guys loved it!!:thumbsup2
HISTK can keep my boys occupied for hours.;) I'm not actually sure if it's covered.:confused3 I just think because of all the larger than life stuff around it shielded us from all the rain.:rotfl:

From the look of the sky, I think you guys are in for a bit of rain! When I looked at your stunt show pictures, I see that the stunt guy didn't get set on fire. We've been several times and a couple of those times, the guy didn't catch on fire for some reason.

The day we were at DHS it was just too, too hot to sit in the bleachers for the stunt show, which was too bad. My DH really wanted to see it, seeing as he loves explosions and fire.:rotfl:

Uh oh, that sky looks threatening. Hope you find some good shelter!

Oooo, them thar are verrrry dark clouds! I have never seen the HISTK play area before! It looks a lot of fun (except for that really big fly - blech!) but it also looks like quite a few people had the same idea you did about seeking shelter in it.

I remember growing up with the Muppets :rolleyes1 its time to put on makeup! its time to light the lights! its time to get things started on the Muppet Show tonite! dum-dum-dum-dum!! :rolleyes1 but we haven't done that show before.

I predict blue skies for the rest of your day!

[eandesmom - I miss Steve too :laughing: That other guy is just not the same!]

Sounds like a good day so far - except for the rain. We didn't get to either of the "action" shows, having girls our priorities were Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast! However Ella has just informed me that she wants to see the "action" show next time :)

April 20th-Day 5 continued......

Disney's Hollywood Studios

100_1014-1.jpg

So while I contemplated going and buying some for all of us. What did I see but HISTK play area...Yay!! We quickly ducked inside. The rain was actually starting to let up a little anyway. But being inside the play area helped keep us dry....

Nasty looking skies!

I didn't even know there WAS a HISTK play area, cool pictures.

Now I'm all sad about Bear, and Luna (and Pip and Pop and Treelo and Ojo)...

We had a couple of "bears". Pretty sure I saved one of them at least. DS10 was VERY into Stanley, obsessed even. I have a picture somewhere that I really should scan. I think I liked Bear the most lol! It had good music. I could listen to it without being annoyed lol. But really, it was Luna. Lynne Thigpen was an amazing actress and OH that VOICE!

:( she is missed.

Poor DS4 at the time was rather put out that DS5 (now10) got to see "his" favorites but that darn Blue wasn't anywhere (nor was Steve, or mailbox or..or...).

From the look of the sky, I think you guys are in for a bit of rain! When I looked at your stunt show pictures, I see that the stunt guy didn't get set on fire. We've been several times and a couple of those times, the guy didn't catch on fire for some reason.
It rained off and on all afternoon but we were very lucky because it seemed to rain the hardest when we were inside watching a show or having lunch.;) The ponchos are on the very top of my things to remember for August.:laughing:

I really can't remember if the stunt guy caught on fire.:confused3 Everything happened so fast--the explosion, and the fire....I'll have to ask the boys, I'm sure they will remember.:confused:
The day we were at DHS it was just too, too hot to sit in the bleachers for the stunt show, which was too bad. My DH really wanted to see it, seeing as he loves explosions and fire.:rotfl:

Uh oh, that sky looks threatening. Hope you find some good shelter!

My guys just love all that stuff too--the explosions, the fire and the fast cars! I should have taken a picture of the boys expressions while watching because it was too funny.:rotfl: They had such a great time.:thumbsup2

Oooo, them thar are verrrry dark clouds! I have never seen the HISTK play area before! It looks a lot of fun (except for that really big fly - blech!) but it also looks like quite a few people had the same idea you did about seeking shelter in it.

I remember growing up with the Muppets :rolleyes1 its time to put on makeup! its time to light the lights! its time to get things started on the Muppet Show tonite! dum-dum-dum-dum!! :rolleyes1 but we haven't done that show before.

I predict blue skies for the rest of your day!

[eandesmom - I miss Steve too :laughing: That other guy is just not the same!]
The boys enjoyed playing in HISTK play area. But you are right---alot of people had the same idea as we did, trying to seek shelter from the rain. Despite how much the boys liked it, it made me alittle nervous because of all the places they could explore-- I would lose sight of them and never knew where they would come out from.:rolleyes:
I know....The Muppets...I remember watching them all the time growing up.:upsidedow I think you will enjoy the show.:thumbsup2 Oh....don't forget when you enter the pre-show area, there will be a sign that says "Be back in 5 minutes, Key under the mat." If you pick up the mat, there will actually be a key there.:thumbsup2
Sounds like a good day so far - except for the rain. We didn't get to either of the "action" shows, having girls our priorities were Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast! However Ella has just informed me that she wants to see the "action" show next time :)
We were very lucky that the rain held out until the afternoon, when we were watching the "action" shows and seeing a few indoor attractions.:thumbsup2
We have decided that we are going to try and make it to Beauty & the Beast next time.:) I've been trying to talk my boys into seeing The Little Mermaid but haven't had any luck yet....:rotfl:
Nasty looking skies!

I didn't even know there WAS a HISTK play area, cool pictures.

Now I'm all sad about Bear, and Luna (and Pip and Pop and Treelo and Ojo)...

We had a couple of "bears". Pretty sure I saved one of them at least. DS10 was VERY into Stanley, obsessed even. I have a picture somewhere that I really should scan. I think I liked Bear the most lol! It had good music. I could listen to it without being annoyed lol. But really, it was Luna. Lynne Thigpen was an amazing actress and OH that VOICE!

:( she is missed.

Poor DS4 at the time was rather put out that DS5 (now10) got to see "his" favorites but that darn Blue wasn't anywhere (nor was Steve, or mailbox or..or...).

All the larger than life stuff from the HISTK play area was pretty cool.:thumbsup2 I only took a few pictures of that area because I was so busy watching the boys--so much for them to explore!!!

We used to have all the Bear character stuffed animals--like Treelo,Ojo, Tutter, Pip and Pop...oh and of course Bear. Slowly over the years though they have been given away or sold...:sad2: I agree!! It had such great music!! We even purchased the music so we could sing along in the car. It was one of the only shows that I would sit and really enjoy watching. Well...that along with Stanely and Blue's Clues (w/Steve before Joe). We used to watch that Rolie Polie Olie show too.... I miss all those shows....

Rolie Polie Olie! I haven't seen that in a long time! We do still see Bear and Stanley on Playhouse Disney TV but I can't remember the last time I saw RPO.

My DS4 pretty much watches just Playhouse Disney and Treehouse. He knows the channel numbers to those two stations and loves controlling the remote... and the weather channel too. For some reason he is a weather nut and loves to flip to there once and a while :laughing: He keeps looking for Tornados! :rotfl:

My DS4 pretty much watches just Playhouse Disney and Treehouse. He knows the channel numbers to those two stations and loves controlling the remote... and the weather channel too. For some reason he is a weather nut and loves to flip to there once and a while :laughing: He keeps looking for Tornados! :rotfl:

That's too funny!!! My DS6 is obsessed with the weather channel!!:rotfl: He watches it all the time. Lately, we have been getting alot of thunder and lightening storms here, so he's always checking to see if and when we are getting another one. As a matter of fact, the other day I suggested going to the park and he said "Mommy, maybe we shouldn't. I think it's supposed to rain.":lmao: Kids...sometimes:rolleyes1

April 20th--Day 5---continued....

Disney Hollywood Studios

It was around 2:20pm and we had just finished watching Muppet 3D. The bags of trail mix that the boys devoured during Lights Motor Action had done a pretty good job holding them over but now they couldn't wait any longer. They were starving!!! (or so they said...) There was no getting around it--I looked left, I looked right but alas they spotted it....straight ahead.. Toy Story Pizza Planet. I was so looking forward to trying a new counter-service place at DHS this year, not that I don't like this place because I do...really....but someplace a little quieter and maybe a little less crowded was my wish.:) But the boys love this place and we literally had to get them to slow down as they made their way over to the entrance. I decided to take a quick picture on the way in.
100_1032.jpg

The first thing I noticed when we walked in, was that it wasn't that busy...the lines weren't very long and even the arcade part didn't seem as crazy as usual. :woohoo: Then I remembered the Parade was going to be starting very soon, so that was probably the reason?? Whatever it was--I was very happy and before you knew it we were next in line to order. A picture while waiting in line-
100_1033.jpg

DH and the boys ordered the Pepperoni Pizza Combo w/Salad, Drink and a Cookie and I decided to have the Vegetable Pizza Combo w/Salad, Drink and a Rice Crispy Treat. (Mickey shaped of course). We decided to take our chance and head upstairs, where there was usually much more places to sit. The tricky part was trying to juggle the trays while going up the stairs but mission accomplished and now we were on our way to find a table. We grabbed one by the window and plopped down. Looking outside, we noticed that it had started to rain. We had dodged the rain again!! Hmm...maybe I wouldn't need to get those ponchos after all......
A few pictures...
100_1035.jpg

I think I took DH by surprise!! He does not like getting his picture taken....
100_1034.jpg

After eating our lunch, we had no real plans of what we wanted to do. We had pretty much accomplished our must-do things for the day. So we wandered around and looked in a couple shops for a minute. (mostly to get out of the rain.) It finally started to clear up and as we were walking we noticed alot of people standing around. The parade was still going on. I thought for sure we had missed it but it was still going.YAY!! Even though it was at the end of the parade route and it wasn't the best location, I still got some decent pictures of Block Party Bash--
100_1037-2.jpg

100_1038.jpg

100_1039.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1041-1.jpg

100_1042.jpg

100_1043.jpg

100_1045-1.jpg

100_1044.jpg

100_1046.jpg
100_1047-1.jpg

We decided after Block Party Bash to head out of DHS for the day. It was around 4:00pm and after getting up so early for Chef Mickey's everyone was getting tired. We stopped to take a quick picture of the boys..
100_1049.jpg

Another on the way out for the day--
100_1051.jpg

After arriving back at Pop for the night, we decided to bring the boys to the Arcade to play for a little while and then do some more sovenier shopping for family at home. We looked around for awhile but didn't really find what we were looking for so we decided to wait and see what we could find tomorrow at MK. It was a bittersweet thought because although we were very excited to go back to Magic Kingdom, we knew it was our very last day and we would soon be heading home......

Next up--Last day:sad2: Magic Kingdom!!

I know how it goes with Toy Story Pizza Planet. Oh well supposedly there is no good CS in DHS anyway, so we're not missing much, right:confused3 :yay: that you got to see some of the parade too. It's a bonus. I'm sad to see your TR is winding down:sad:

I know how it goes with Toy Story Pizza Planet. Oh well supposedly there is no good CS in DHS anyway, so we're not missing much, right:confused3 :yay: that you got to see some of the parade too. It's a bonus. I'm sad to see your TR is winding down:sad:

That's what I hear about CS places at DHS. So glad to know we aren't missing anything...:rotfl: We were surprised to catch the parade, I thought for sure it would be over by the time we finished eating. We ended up missing it last year--so we were very happy to see it this year!!! It was a cute parade!!! (especially if you love these characters and my boys do!!):thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter