Early-Early Roll call.... 4-28-07 Eastern

Wow, we have 3 suitcases for just DH and I! One for me, one for him, and one for supplies like snorkels and pirate gear and accessories. We also decided against a thick suit jacket for Palo, but I made sure to have him wear really nice slacks, button down long-sleeved shirt and a tie. I hope they let us in! P.S. Found Bonine at Walgreens -- awesome!:thumbsup2

FIVE DAYS!!!!!

DH and I were sitting by the pool today about 5:30 and he said I wonder what we will be doing this time next week? I think he is getting excited too!:yay:

My DH does the same thing!

"What will we be doing a week from now?" Boarding honey.
"What will we be doing a week from now?" Probably swimming honey.
"What about a week from now?" Eating dinner or seeing a show honey.

Can't blame the man, I'm just as excited! :dance3:

Faith&Hope...

My girls are 16 months apart (now 6 and 7) but i know its hard losing weight...we'll do it though!! I hate trying on clothes <blah> thanks for the boost :)

:confused: What are landyards?? I never heard of this. The keys to the world basically is a wrist band w/ charging priv, but whats this other thing?? :confused3

Less than a week away kids...wooohoooooo!!!
OHH WAITTTT...I FORGOT TO ASK.,... ginger root...i went to the vitamin store and they come in HUGE capsules and dont say anything regarding what they are for other than digestion. how would you take them...a few a day?? one a day?? ALSOOOOO, if you're giving them to the kids, mine are 6&7...how do you give these horse pills to a child?? thanks for any info...i'm off to six flags great adventures now have a great sunday

Linda

Hi Linda...

I was able to find Ginger Tablets in capsule form and chewables for my DD. They are under the brand name Gravol.

Kathy

Wow, we have 3 suitcases for just DH and I! One for me, one for him, and one for supplies like snorkels and pirate gear and accessories. We also decided against a thick suit jacket for Palo, but I made sure to have him wear really nice slacks, button down long-sleeved shirt and a tie. I hope they let us in! P.S. Found Bonine at Walgreens -- awesome!:thumbsup2

FIVE DAYS!!!!!

Ok, good, we have three suitcases, also, for DH and myself! We also have one that is full of our snorkel gear and pirates garb. I thought we were packing too much, but if other people are bringing that many suitcases, then I don't feel as guilty. :rolleyes1

My DH is also doing the "What will we be doing this time next week..." I am just so excited to get there! This will be the slowest moving week of my life!

I checked the weather for Friday, and we should have clear skies with a high of 67 degrees. Great flying weather! :cool1:

Sounds like we're packing the same stuff! I've been checking Orlando weather too. Friday night sounds cool but nice, but what's with this "chance of rain or slight thunderstorms" on Saturday?!?! I'm assuming that 20% chance in Orlando-speak means "none"!:eek:

I am not sure, but I might be the "southernmost" Dis'r here possibly.(live off of Alligator Alley between Fort Lauderdale and Miami) It's been hot and dry. Humidity has been way down this past week. Sooo, pack that sweater and a pair of pants or two. Sunshine has been very intense. Sunscreen is a must no matter how nice it is out.:cool2: I imagine even more south of us, sun is even more intense. Just an FYI!!

I am not sure, but I might be the "southernmost" Dis'r here possibly.(live off of Alligator Alley between Fort Lauderdale and Miami) It's been hot and dry. Humidity has been way down this past week. Sooo, pack that sweater and a pair of pants or two. Sunshine has been very intense. Sunscreen is a must no matter how nice it is out.:cool2: I imagine even more south of us, sun is even more intense. Just an FYI!!

Thanks mormadsmom!

I'm from CA so I'm not used to humidity, so that's good. I'm glad to hear that it will be warm. Bring it on! Thanks for the updates -- I hope the cloudiness I've read will part by Saturday!

~Emily

Hi Kathy/Stripes

I read your post about the ginger root. Where to you find the chewables for your dd??

Is anyone (like myself) going w/out magnets for the door?? I'm w/out a printer and to be quite honest, not computer savvy :guilty:

times a ticking ladies and gents:hourglass

Linda

Linda,

I heard that you can find them at stores like Whole Foods and health stores. I'm taking Bonine since I get really dizzy on cruises. Don't worry about the magnets. As long as you remember your door number you'll be fine. :goodvibes Besides, there will be so much fun going on around the ship that your room might only be used for sleeping. After the anti-doorsign scare on the main thread today, most might not make them. However it was resolved and magnets are allowed still, so I'll slap a few on mine. No need to go nuts over it. Just wear green on Sat.!

I have become door sign addicted! The door sign scare gave me one of those OH NO moments that I'd rather not repeat. This is not an addiction I needed...I have scads of scrapbooking junk all over my office!:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

All my magnets are coming with me! Probably overkill, but it has helped build my cruise excitement with the kids and dh.
:cloud9:

ummmm......what door sign scare? :confused: Did I miss something? Can I get a reader's digest version of this?

ummmm......what door sign scare? :confused: Did I miss something? Can I get a reader's digest version of this?

There is a post on the regular forum from the webmaster that DCL won't let you put up door signs anymore. You can imagine the Roar of Disser's and now they have gotten confirmation that you can use magnetic signs but no tape or glue. (To me that would go without saying and I have only heard of using magnets on DIS so I don't think it was any of us that caused the problem.)

I have become door sign addicted! The door sign scare gave me one of those OH NO moments that I'd rather not repeat. This is not an addiction I needed...I have scads of scrapbooking junk all over my office!:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

All my magnets are coming with me! Probably overkill, but it has helped build my cruise excitement with the kids and dh.
:cloud9:

I felt your pain. I just finished up all except 1 for 5 cabins last night and was working on the last set of signs when the original email came out. Thank goodness the stress did not have to last long.

Can you believe 5 more nights and we will be there!?!? I almost hate for it to come because the anticipation has been so much fun. I don;t even want to say what happens after our 7 days.:woohoo:

Hi Kathy/Stripes

I read your post about the ginger root. Where to you find the chewables for your dd??

Is anyone (like myself) going w/out magnets for the door?? I'm w/out a printer and to be quite honest, not computer savvy :guilty:

times a ticking ladies and gents:hourglass

Linda

Hi There...

I was able to find the Ginger Tablets in chewables at our local pharmacy, Shoppers Drug Mart. Very similar to your CVS I think. They were in the anti-nausious section. The brand name is Gravol in a green box. But you know what....upon reading the back the directions are for Adults and children over 12 years of age. I was also able to find Gravol for children in cherry flavour. The dosage for that starts at age 2.

I hope you are able to find something.

Kathy

The scare was that you couldn't put up signs with ADHESIVE but magnetic ones are okay!

Anyways, I'm signing off....we are getting ready to fly out! I'm not excited because I'm exhausted and still more to pack!

See you all on Sat!

Kym

Okay,
I had this lovely schedule to be completely packed and ready to enjoy the days before our trip in rest and relaxation.

Reality check...my living room is covered with many piles for each person, and my shopping/to do list is getting longer, NOT SHORTER!. In the midst, I am trying to study for my Chemistry and Psych finals(I started back to college after a short 20 year break)!:scared: :scared:

Anyone else running out of time?

I know exactly how you feel. Full time job, part time job, DD ball hockey, DS ball hockey etc.

Packing?? I will be the one on Friday night at midnight heading off to WalMart to get "one more thing".

Who needs sleep anyways?

We will all have a glazed looks on our faces on Saturday.

But guess what......4 more sleeps and we are on the boat.:banana:

Kathy

Packing?? I will be the one on Friday night at midnight heading off to WalMart to get "one more thing".

Who needs sleep anyways?

We will all have a glazed looks on our faces on Saturday.

If at all possible, everyone please do whatever you can to avoid this scenario!!

Last month, we had to head off to the airport at 4am Saturday morning for our 6am flight to Orlando. I didn't finish packing my stuff until 2am and DW didn't finish until 2:30am. We had our packing lists too and started packing the day before, but when it came to putting everything in the luggage, there was a lot of second-guessing for us first-timers. I followed the "take only 70% of what you think you need" rule of thumb and I ended needing that other 30% I left behind!! I also think my decision-making ability was stunted after midnight.

We were all totally exhausted by the time we embarked (we one among last 100 folks to board the ship since we had a 3-hour layover in Atlanta). It made for a miserable Saturday on the boat (what was left of it) and half of Sunday is still a blur to me.

So my advice to all first-timers is START PACKING TODAY!! Decide in advance what outfits you are going to wear each night and pack NOW.

See you all soon, and I hope to see no glazed eyes at the Sail Away Party!

:yay: Joe :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter