Early-Early Roll call.... 4-28-07 Eastern

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by gydell, Feb 3, 2006.

1. gydell

gydell <font color=teal>I am watching and waiting<br><fon

Anybody besides me that has already booked?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. briarroselynn

briarroselynn Disneyholic

I thought I was going to have to wait to celebrate with somebody!!!! Yes..I just booked my ressie today!

It will be a whole group of us going! Me and my DDage (12) and my best friend. My sister and her entire family, husband and two daughters (ages 12 and 3)...My parents are both in their sixties and this will be their first cruise!!

Who is all going with you? :cool1:

4. julia & nicks mom

julia & nicks mom <font color=darkorchid>Bad influence on the Tag Fa

I am waiting on my MIL to book for us!! It will be me, DH, DD who will be 5 and DS who will be 3 and my in-laws

She told me the other day that she would show me the brochure to make sure we really want to go - :confused3 - has she never met my family?!?!

Anyway tonight she told me she was going to book!!

5. gydell

Right now myself, myDH, my DD and my DGS age 5 are going. We just returned in Jan from a cruise and booked on board. It was too cold for us so we are going to try April!

6. briarroselynn

I always go in April. :sunny: The weather is perfect!!! I have never been on the 7 days cruise. We normally go for the four days. It sounds like my little neice will have some friends to play with! Have any of you ever been on the 7 day Eastern cruise???

7. gydell

That's the one I just got back from. We did excursions in port so this time we are going to do beaches!

8. gydell

Just bumping us to the 1st page. Maybe someone else will join us!

9. gydell

julia & nicks mom - are you booked yet?

10. julia & nicks mom

No - I have given my MIL the go ahead but am really at her mercy! I know we are going - maybe I will call her tonight and give her my Castaway Cay number!! That might get her moving on it!

I am a little worried - she told me that she heard you should pay rack rate for Disney b/c they don't really ever give discounts - I told her that was not true - maybe I will pull up rates on expedia for her before i call too!! I don't want to be too pushy but I really can't wait for her to book!!! I want to know it is a done deal!!!!

11. gydell

Tell her the price is already increasing and that Dreams Unlimited has this sail date at a discount! I wish my parents would go but they say there are too many kids in the ship.

12. julia & nicks mom

GREAT ADVICE!!!!

She called right after this and I told her and she is going to go ahead and book!!!! I am pretty sure she is going to book tomorrow!

WOO HOO!!!!!

I went on a cruise without my DD when I was 4 month pregnants with my DS - and I really did not think there were a lot of kids on the ship - although I have heard parties without kids seem to get put in a dining rotation without a lot of kids - so maybe that is why I didn't notice them - plus there is the adult pool and serenity bay!!!!

Is your DGS 5 now? or will he be 5 then?

13. gydell

He's 4 now but will be 3 months short of being 6 when we cruise.

14. nordicskidoodle

nordicskidoodle Lisa

Hi everyone,

We will also be sailing on the 4/28/07 Eastern. We were on the 2/4/06
    Magic and boy was the weather disappointing! We still had an awesome time though. Hopefully April will be a little warmer. It will be me, DH,
    DD(10),DS(10) and DD(7). We loved the eastern cruise-love the extra day at sea and of course the ports. We did beaches on our last cruise(rainy beaches, but who cares!) My one regret is not getting together with the DIS'ers on my last cruise, another regret not booking on board(what was I thinking?????)
    I know it is still a long time away, but let's get this party started!!

Lisa
    DH Kevin, DD Lindsay(10),DS Jamison(10) and DD Alexis(7)

15. briarroselynn

WELCOME NORDICSKDOODLE!!!! :cool1:

Tell me all about the ports on Eastern cruise! What is the one thing we should do at St. Maartin and St. Thomas? Per my above post..I will be going with DD(Hannah) 12, my sister and her family which would be DD 11 (Shelby) DD 5 (Sierra) and my parents are going..Baby boomers!!!

We have only cruised the 4 day never the 7 day!! All suggestions greatly appreciated!!!!

16. gydell

Take the tram to the top of the hill in St Thomas, the view is great!

17. gydell

Nordicskidoodle - Welcome! We were on the Eastern in January and it was too cold for us too.

18. julia & nicks mom

My DD will be 5 1/2 when we cruise - so they will be in the same group!!

19. briarroselynn

Yeah :yay: It looks as though we will all have little ones in the same group!
    Is there a formal night on the seven day? Do they have Pirate night? pirate:

20. gydell

Two formal nights and pirates night on Tuesday.

21. nordicskidoodle

nordicskidoodle Lisa

We went to Orient Beach in St. Martin. It is in Marigot which is on the french side. We ventured out on our own. We did some shopping first in Phillipsburg then took a taxi from there over to Orient. The taxi driver was very nice, gave us a little tour of her own and arranged to pick us up at a certain time. I'm the type who likes to venture out on my own without time restrictions. Of course we
    got rained on at the beach and decided to have lunch there. Big mistake! It cost us 90.00 for cheeseburgers, fries and pizza for the five of us(no alcohol mind you!) We will save our appetites for the ship for a late afternoon lunch next time. Having sailed on RCCL 2x and NCL once, we always head to St. John when we go to St. Thomas. Our favorite is Trunk Bay. It is beautiful. It is so remote and relaxing. We once again ventured out on our own and took the ferry over. I have to say, it was very expensive for taxis and ferrys. There wasn't much of a price difference from DCL's tour, but again were on our own schedules. We have been to Magan's Bay in St.Thomas, while it was very nice, it didn't give me the same "carribean Feeling" that Trunk Bay did.
    We are not much into shopping-feel like I'm missing out on all the "islandy" things. I heard that Anguilla is beautiful-I think it is a ferry ride over from St. Martin. I'll have to check out the distance for my next trip. There are some other tour companies that others on this board have recommended. It might be worth seeing what they have to offer. I did see the aerial ride in St. Thomas-that looked interesting definately a kodak moment!
    Lisa