Early-Early Roll call.... 4-28-07 Eastern

Are we wearing leis or green bracelets? And where exactly on deck 10 are we meeting? I think this was on an earlier post. Can't remember where. Maybe I should go to party city too. What about name tags? Anyone going to wear them with their screen names on them? Or is that too much?

I can't believe only 2 more weeks. I just can't wait to eat! I think the photos of the buffets are my favorite.;) Anyone here read the TR of The Gluttons? It is soooo hilarious!! Read it if you haven't yet. I laughed so much.:laughing:

I have heard leis and/or bracelets. I think there will be some of each. I have read the Gluttons TR, it is great isn't it? I wish she would finish it!

I also had asked before where exactly we were going to meet, does anyone who has been there before have any suggestions? Someone said along the way they were going to make nametags, is that still on?

Someone said along the way they were going to make nametags, is that still on?

I offered to make the nametags. However, only one person so far has given me their information. I guess we want to meet, but not long enough to remember names.:sad2:
My offer still stands for a couple of days. My family leaves for AKL in seven days, so I would like to complete them within the next few days. Perhaps I should just bring sticky "my name is" tags and we can fill them out there.
nametags4cruise@earthlink.net

I offered to make the nametags. However, only one person so far has given me their information. I guess we want to meet, but not long enough to remember names.:sad2:
My offer still stands for a couple of days. My family leaves for AKL in seven days, so I would like to complete them within the next few days. Perhaps I should just bring sticky "my name is" tags and we can fill them out there.

Here's my fam...

Jay (dh)
Angi (me)
West (ds)
Colton (ds)

I went to your direct link, but I will post it here too! Thanks for putting this together if it all works out.

It will be me (Michelle)
husband (Mike)
daughter (Morgan, age 11)
baby (Madalyn, age 5)

Even the dog has an "m" name. Minnie, but too bad she's not coming.:rolleyes:

Today is cruise shopping day! I'm going to CVS for an underwater camera and sunscreen (15spf, because we're super white and need tans!) as well as the hunt to find an affordable formal night/Palo dress. There's a Party City next to CVS so I'll try to ge our green lei's. Our names are Emily & Mike if you're doing tags. Although I may forget everyone's name after the sailaway party regardless if we have tags or not. It looks like everyone is on the green-lei train so far. I'll be watching out for those!

12 more days!!! :rotfl2:

Today is cruise shopping day!

12 more days!!! :rotfl2:

Today was our cruise shopping day too!!!!! Found lots of things we "needed."

It actaully snowed here yesterday. Today I decided that if the warm weather does not come to use then we are just going ot have to go to the warm weather!!!

Thanks DeloreanGirl and Mormadsmom for the info on this thread. Yup, my wife and I will be on that Eastern Caribbean cruise too. This is our 3rd in 9 months; we did two 4-day cruises last year - Sept and Dec. I can't wait. Based on all the posts here, we'll be on a cruise with lotsa fun follks!

Anyways, let me get back to NASCAR. 10 laps to go in the race. Hehe...the speedway is just 5 minutes from my house, but I stay home and stay outta all that traffic mess there.

Went to Party City this morning and picked up the green leis. It also snowed here last week, so I can't wait to get into the sun!

DeloreanGirl, try JC Penny for a cheap dress for Palo. I have always lucked out there! Good luck on your search!

Most of our shopping is done, now we just begin the dreaded task of making the next few days pass by quickly! :banana:

See you all soon!

Shooie -- Thanks for working on the name tags. Here is our info:

Me (Nicole aka J & C's Mom)
DH (Mike)
DD (Julia, 4.5)
DS (Colin, 2)
Sister (Heather)
Mom (Barbara aka J&C's Grandmom)
Dad (Dave)

It was also shopping day here too, but it was the Grandmom who went out to get the stuff for us (why pack it for the airplane)-- Thanks Mom. I am getting so excited, I am going crazy. Only 9 more school days left.....

I can't wait to meet everyone at the sailaway party. The Grandmom picked up the green leis today. We will be wearing our Castaway Cay shirts in white, blue, pink and orange.

See you all soon, Nicole

Wednesday is our big shopping day. Has anyone shipped your box to IDS,yet? I am sending one this week. I am finally finding a use for those old Caribbean Beach unlimited soda mugs. I'm going to use them onboard and then just leave 'em behind.

I also had asked before where exactly we were going to meet, does anyone who has been there before have any suggestions?

I believe everyone is meeting on Deck 10, which will overlook the mainstage on Deck 9. If you see people grouped together who have some sort of green/lime green artifact or clothing on their bodies, then that should be the group. That's what I'll be looking for!

Here's a Deck 10 view of the Sail Away party from our cruise last month (I'm guessing that we'll all meet on either the port or starboard sides, though, and not from this point facing the stage since there is not a look of room here):

IMG_1586.jpg

And this is us as before we boarded the Magic:

boardingdm.jpg

See you guys soon!

Joe (me)
Amanda (DW)
Sam (DS6.5)

Hi all - just found this thread - hubby and I will be on board with you. :cheer2: I have a question - is anyone taking one of the Disney excursions? Which ones are your favorites?

Just a few more days.....:woohoo:

Shopping is 98% done! Went around to all sorts of stores. JMB, yep I got a floralsemi-formal dress from JC Penney as they were all on sale after Easter. I ended up getting my formal dress from Kohl's today, they were 30% off. It's not ankle-length which is a bummer, but at least it's classy. Next to Kohl's was Party America which had lei's! I grabbed the last neon green one (yes it's a sign!). However there was a bunch of neon green lei's next to it where the strand lit up with a little battery. I got it for my husband. Next was CVS to get sunscreen, a pop-up hamper, Dramamine, portable alarm clock and underwater camera! I came home and found out the clock wasn't backlit so I'll have to go to Target and find another one with indiglo. I hope everyone else had fun shopping! Can't wait!

Hi All.......

It seems like everyone is shopping and getting ready for the cruise. We have a table in our family room downstairs that I have started my collection of goodies. My poor DH just grins and shakes his head at me. But it is sooooooo exciting.

Welcome to all of the new friends that have found our thread!

This week I am on a mission to get some nice dress clothes for my DS (14). This will be a tough one. He is growing like a weed. I am going to hit my family members to see if anyone has a suit that will fit him. Just don't look down at his sneakers.:lmao:

See you all soon.

Kathy

Hi All.......

It seems like everyone is shopping and getting ready for the cruise. We have a table in our family room downstairs that I have started my collection of goodies. My poor DH just grins and shakes his head at me. But it is sooooooo exciting.

Welcome to all of the new friends that have found our thread!

This week I am on a mission to get some nice dress clothes for my DS (14). This will be a tough one. He is growing like a weed. I am going to hit my family members to see if anyone has a suit that will fit him. Just don't look down at his sneakers.:lmao:

See you all soon.

Kathy

I have a DH like that too! And also the other 7 people that are cruising with us. But they sure love it when I tell them all the tips I have gotten.

Shopping is 98% done! Went around to all sorts of stores. JMB, yep I got a floralsemi-formal dress from JC Penney as they were all on sale after Easter. I ended up getting my formal dress from Kohl's today, they were 30% off. It's not ankle-length which is a bummer, but at least it's classy. Next to Kohl's was Party America which had lei's! I grabbed the last neon green one (yes it's a sign!). However there was a bunch of neon green lei's next to it where the strand lit up with a little battery. I got it for my husband. Next was CVS to get sunscreen, a pop-up hamper, Dramamine, portable alarm clock and underwater camera! I came home and found out the clock wasn't backlit so I'll have to go to Target and find another one with indiglo. I hope everyone else had fun shopping! Can't wait!

Yeah! I also went to Party City yesterday and was going to report that they didn't have the cheap lei's (.25 and .50) in the lime green but they had one for $1.49. They also had a lime green lei bracelet which was marked .99 but it only rang up .55. I got the bracelets for the little girls. I walked around the store looking for other green things.....mardi gras beads and light up stick neckalces. I couldn't decide so i bought them all (something is gonna have to go back)!

The next task....trying to buy ANY and ALL clothes! I had surgery last week so the last thing I want to do is try on clothes around my waist! I need to wait until like Thursday or Friday (which drives me crazy to wait that long) to buy a complete new wardrobe!

BTW....Michael's has lime green tshirts on sale this week for $1.88! Kids and adults are the same! I just saw them this morning so if anyone still needs one more thing....it's cheap enough!

Also, I'm hoping to update this afternoon! There's a lot of new posts to catch up on since I've been down for over a week! The list sure has grown!!

We bought green ribbon and we're making some green bracelets out of them. Unfortunately not lime-green.

We leave Friday 20th at 6 am but still no docs. Hope they come in time. They have to go to Toronto, then to my TA in Victoria, and then I have to go get them.

Yikes!

Anyone leaving WDW on the DCL bus? If so, we should wear our leis/bracelets so we can identify ourselves before we get on the boat!

I'm just counting down the hours now. Just 85.5 to go!

Our cruise docs just arrived (we're in Colorado)! My DH just called and said that UPS just dropped them off. I can't wait to get home and look at them! I made him promise not to open them until I get home. :yay:

:flower3: HI EVERYONE

I have a question...Can we ship gift baskets to our stateroom? I seen some gift baskets made by shirley that were nice, but my girls are VERY picky and I think I could find things that they would like better than the items in those baskets. Anyone have any info on this?
I still havent packed, but this weekend I did get the costumes for pirates nite so one less thing to worry about. I was told by gf's and family memebers notttt to overdress. I wear high heels everyday (odd for a stay at home mom) they told me that i'd probably be the only person dressed like this. What do you all think? Would sporty clothes be a better daytime choice w/ flats?? I really dont want to overpack or be the only person in the day walking the decks w/ my heels lol. What will most of you bee wearing for daytime activities (besides bathing suits)? Thanks for input. I can't believe its less than 2 weeks away :thumbsup2 I'll be the only one on the ship w/out stateroom door magnets lol thats how you'll find my room.

Linda:hippie:

I'm planning on wearing heals every single night for dinner, but during the day I live in shorts and sandals.

Hope that helps.

Its pretty much what I saw others wearing last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter