Dwarf Mine Train -- 2 per seat only?

Unless you know of a 2 year old the size of a 4 year old it wont happen.

Many kids near the age of 3, but still 2 are taller than 38". My cousin rode during their last trip, months ago. He does not turn 3 until October. His twin sister is now just a bit over 38" tall. They had planned to go just before their birthday for a day trip, if so, they would both be tall enough to ride.

The "average" is just that, "average". Since there are just under 4 million babies born each year, in the US alone, this means that worldwide, there are probably at least 1 million 2 year old kids that are probably taller than the 34" average.

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data/set2/chart-07.pdf

Just sayin--the 95% for a 3 year old is 40 inches, so a 2 year old who is almost 3 and in the 98% could totally be tall enough for mine train. Barring any other reasons to not allow him to ride (no ticket?), then I'm guessing we'll be good!!

I have a tall child as well. My 3 year old (who will be 4 in two months) is currently 42" tall and has been wearing 5T clothing for the past 3-4 months.

I agree with rlovew that you will either need to have one of the kids paired with an adult that you would feel comfortable riding with your child, or just doing rider swaps until everyone has had the chance to ride. They will not allow the 5 and 6 year olds to ride in a row alone. The 2 year old will have no problem being allowed to ride since he meets the height requirements.

There is no way you can put more than 2 people in one 7DMT seat. It's not quite a "bench" seat like you have on BTMRR. They are molded, and each individual person has a restraint.

Age isn't relevant. It's all on whether the rider is tall enough. The only way age is relevant is if the child is under 7 they must ride with someone 14 or older.

You have to be 7 to ride alone so you do have a bit of an issue. You are going to have to find another adult.

As for the height thing, my 5 month old girl twin is in 18 month PJs.(My boy is in 12 month). If she keeps growing at this rate, she will be able to ride before she turns two! lol

You have to be 7 to ride alone so you do have a bit of an issue. You are going to have to find another adult.

As for the height thing, my 5 month old girl twin is in 18 month PJs.(My boy is in 12 month). If she keeps growing at this rate, she will be able to ride before she turns two! lol

oh! Actually we're going just 2 weeks after my (now) 6 year old's birthday! I don't think she'll WANT to ride alone, but there's always that possibility as well. Good to know.

If it is any help...my husband does not ride many things. So it is me and two kids. They took turns riding with "the stranger" when necessary. However, they have also ridden together, just the two of them in one row and me behind on BTMR and EE when they were 9 and 6. (They are older now.) If your other children are tall, they might get to sit together in one row. I do not remember any CM ever asking about ages.

EDIT: Lots of times "the stranger" was a teenager in the single rider line. It is not traumatic. :)

Last edited:
What if my then 7 year old is the size of a 5 year old. Does that matter? I have one who has barely been on the growth charts (or under) since birth -- CHD and Digeorge Syndrome. Then my youngest is a GINORMOUS boy around the 98% for height. lol Kids!

38" would be at the (approximately) 65th percentile for boys the day before 36 months. That means while it is less common than someone shorter, 38" would not be abnormal at all for a 2 year old. Had they just had their first birthday at 2 years old, 38" would be well beyond the 95th percentile (incredibly rare). Perfectly likely to have a 38" (in shoes) two year old so long as they're at least 30 months old.

The height requirement is 38 inches and the avg size of a 4 year old is 39 inches.

They go by actual size of the child, not average size of all children.

I just Googled "38-inch tall 2-year-old" and found a lot of people claiming their child is 38"+.

Disney DOES have age restrictions.
- First is to even enter the park, under 14 must be with someone 14 and older.
- For attractions - "Children under age 7 must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older." This applies across the board, even entering a line to meet a character.

Disney also has height restrictions for some attractions that must be met. Once met:
- No child can enter an attraction alone unless they are 7 or older no matter how tall.
- Certain rides require that the child under 7 be in the same "seat" as the 14 and older, 7DMT is one of them.
- Have seen many kids asked how old they were at boarding and parents told to switch seats.
- Have seen families refused on the ride AT BOARDING because they refused to put a child with each adult or didn't have enough adults to cover the children.
- Have some slipped through? Of course if a child looks older than they are but it is one attraction to be prepared to have it enforced.

Tell them 5 when they ask how many. Line up with a parent with each of the two youngest and your newly 7 year old solo. They will probably ask your 7 year old their age directly. As long as the child says they are 7 you should be good to go.

I would have a quick bday celebration before the ride! Lol You now have a 7?yr old.

Not that I would suggest to lie.... I would go ahead and say he was 7 if ask so he could ride with someone else and each of the adults ride with the 2 and 5 ur olds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter