DVC Wilderness Lodge

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by sissy1, Sep 14, 2012.

1. sissy1

sissy1 Mouseketeer

Planning a vacation in early Feb. 2013 for Mardi Gras. We will be taking my dgd (7) with us and plan on staying in a studio at Wilderness Lodge. We have never stayed there, but have heard wonderful reviews about the place. My questions are: where are the best rooms to stay? is the pool heated? (feb. weather) and what is available at the resort for a 7 year old, if the pool is not heated? :confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

It sounds like you are staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, not really the lodge. It is right next to the Wilderness Lodge, connected by a covered walkway.

VWL is the smallest DVC resort at WDW. Most of the views are of the woods. It's a very quiet and relaxing place to stay. All pools are heated, but if it is really cool outside, they might not feel very warm.

5. sissy1

sissy1 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the site, very helpful! One more question? Looking at the pictures, I can't tell if the studio comes with a sofa or with 2 beds. I would really love if it comes with a sofa to be able to sit, rather than 2 beds.

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

1 bed and 1 couch that converts to a bed. Here's the layout.

http://www.dvcrequest.com/images/resorts/wilderness_lodge/studio.jpg

7. sissy1

sissy1 Mouseketeer

We are DVC members, so you might be right about the Villas. We have never checked into staying here. We have always stayed at our home resort, BLT.

8. sissy1

sissy1 Mouseketeer

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The beds at VWL are similar to most of the studios (except for OKW). One queen sized bed and one double sleeper sofa.