• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC rental advice!

eclairesmommy

Earning My Ears
Hi all!!

Very new to this board, but not new to Disney at all!:lovestruc

I was wondering if I could get some advice about renting DVC points! I've rented before, but only from family members!

We've decided to take our 2 girls to DW for Christmas, either the week before or the week of New years!

I've been looking on Dave's rental site, and it just worries me!Then found the DVC Rental forum here, & it also worries me!

Any comments or advice on how to go about renting would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!princess:

I have used David's to rent out my points with great success. I found it easier for me to get renters.

Tell us (specifically) what it is that worries you about renting, and we can address your concerns. :)

I certainly hope you are not looking for this New Years. There will most likely be very little available at this point.

Be sure to read the stickies on the Rent board here. Lots of good advise there.

Laura

We've decided to take our 2 girls to DW for Christmas, either the week before or the week of New years!

As the PP said, if you are looking for Christmas/New Year's this year you are going to have trouble finding anything available. NYE has been sold out for months and I am sure the wait lists are already quite long.

If you are planning on next year then definitely check with David's. They get very good reviews. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable going through a service like that rather than renting from an individual, but that's just me. The Timeshare Store also often has points to rent so you could check with them.

I certainly hope you are not looking for this New Years. There will most likely be very little available at this point.

Be sure to read the stickies on the Rent board here. Lots of good advise there.

Laura

Well after lots of looking today, we've decided that we're going the week before Christmas!

There seems to be a lot of availability that week!

As the PP said, if you are looking for Christmas/New Year's this year you are going to have trouble finding anything available. NYE has been sold out for months and I am sure the wait lists are already quite long.

If you are planning on next year then definitely check with David's. They get very good reviews. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable going through a service like that rather than renting from an individual, but that's just me. The Timeshare Store also often has points to rent so you could check with them.

Great! Thank you!

Well after lots of looking today, we've decided that we're going the week before Christmas!

There seems to be a lot of availability that week!

Where did you see availablity, only DVC members can check DVC room availability. I just checked that week myself and I found very little available anywhere. A day here or there.

If you are looking at the Disney reservations website, that will not show you what is available in the DVC inventory.

Hi all!!

Very new to this board, but not new to Disney at all!:lovestruc

I was wondering if I could get some advice about renting DVC points! I've rented before, but only from family members!

I've been looking on Dave's rental site, and it just worries me!Then found the DVC Rental forum here, & it also worries me!

Any comments or advice on how to go about renting would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!princess:

I wouldn't count on renting this year. If you are worried about renting then don't rent. Saving some money isn't worth losing sleep over.

:earsboy: Bill

I have sold my points to Dave's Rental. As the DVC owner, I had to agree to specific guidelines and after making the ressie I had to email the confirmation. I didn't receive any money until that was done. It seemed safe to me

I have owned DVC for 10 years. I have rented my points thru this site both years when my wife was pregnant (including rot now). Depending on who you rent with, I think it should be very comfortable. For example, I make the reservation requested, along with calling DVC with the renter to provide all the accurate info needed. At time of reservation, I ask for anywhere of 60-75% of the agreed upon costs as a deposit! then remaining amount due 30 days prior to checkin. Also, I always agree to the refundable portion of the rental charge up-front, because sometimes life happens and plans change. Lastly, I provide the renter with a detailed invoice that basically formalizes what I adhere to do and what they adhere to do. Seems each of my renters have been very satisfied and relaxed with the system I have proposed. Just some thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter