DVC rental advice!

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by eclairesmommy, Sep 16, 2013.

1. eclairesmommy

eclairesmommy Earning My Ears

Hi all!!

Very new to this board, but not new to Disney at all!:lovestruc

I was wondering if I could get some advice about renting DVC points! I've rented before, but only from family members!

We've decided to take our 2 girls to DW for Christmas, either the week before or the week of New years!

I've been looking on Dave's rental site, and it just worries me!Then found the DVC Rental forum here, & it also worries me!

Any comments or advice on how to go about renting would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!!!princess:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Nanajo1

Nanajo1 DIS Veteran

I have used David's to rent out my points with great success. I found it easier for me to get renters.

4. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Tell us (specifically) what it is that worries you about renting, and we can address your concerns. :)

5. LauraLea

LauraLea DIS Veteran

I certainly hope you are not looking for this New Years. There will most likely be very little available at this point.

Be sure to read the stickies on the Rent board here. Lots of good advise there.

Laura

6. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

As the PP said, if you are looking for Christmas/New Year's this year you are going to have trouble finding anything available. NYE has been sold out for months and I am sure the wait lists are already quite long.

If you are planning on next year then definitely check with David's. They get very good reviews. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable going through a service like that rather than renting from an individual, but that's just me. The Timeshare Store also often has points to rent so you could check with them.

7. eclairesmommy

Well after lots of looking today, we've decided that we're going the week before Christmas!

There seems to be a lot of availability that week!

8. eclairesmommy

Great! Thank you!

9. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

Where did you see availablity, only DVC members can check DVC room availability. I just checked that week myself and I found very little available anywhere. A day here or there.

If you are looking at the Disney reservations website, that will not show you what is available in the DVC inventory.

10. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I wouldn't count on renting this year. If you are worried about renting then don't rent. Saving some money isn't worth losing sleep over.

:earsboy: Bill

11. hmropars

hmropars Earning My Ears

I have sold my points to Dave's Rental. As the DVC owner, I had to agree to specific guidelines and after making the ressie I had to email the confirmation. I didn't receive any money until that was done. It seemed safe to me

12. binkblum

binkblum Mouseketeer

I have owned DVC for 10 years. I have rented my points thru this site both years when my wife was pregnant (including rot now). Depending on who you rent with, I think it should be very comfortable. For example, I make the reservation requested, along with calling DVC with the renter to provide all the accurate info needed. At time of reservation, I ask for anywhere of 60-75% of the agreed upon costs as a deposit! then remaining amount due 30 days prior to checkin. Also, I always agree to the refundable portion of the rental charge up-front, because sometimes life happens and plans change. Lastly, I provide the renter with a detailed invoice that basically formalizes what I adhere to do and what they adhere to do. Seems each of my renters have been very satisfied and relaxed with the system I have proposed. Just some thoughts.