DVC Occupancy Thread Part 2

Deb & Bill said:
Your logic is off. They don't put all studios or all one bedrooms on a floor. There is a mix and some are lockoffs.

I was trying to give the simplest description I could. The square footage of a floor does not change no matter what the mix of studios to one bedrooms, studios and lockouts exist. No matter how you do the configuration. One bedrooms with 5 are going to decrease the population of people on a floor vs studios.

Think of it this way, in the simplest terms, in the same space you can have either a single one bedroom with 5 people or two studios with 8. The one bedrooms take up twice the room but only increase the count by one so the total person density of the space is lower than a studio.

One bedroom units are not the TARDIS.

I skimmed through the occupancy threads and could not find the answer to this question. We have friends that want to rent our points and go in September. It will be 3 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants. Do those children under 3 count against the occupancy? The reason I'm wondering is that on the dvc website, it lets me search for and book a 1 BR at boardwalk (their requested resort) but if I do it on the Disney website it denies me based on occupancy. Anyone know the answer or do I need to call MS?

I skimmed through the occupancy threads and could not find the answer to this question. We have friends that want to rent our points and go in September. It will be 3 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants. Do those children under 3 count against the occupancy? The reason I'm wondering is that on the dvc website, it lets me search for and book a 1 BR at boardwalk (their requested resort) but if I do it on the Disney website it denies me based on occupancy. Anyone know the answer or do I need to call MS?

1 of the infants will count because you can only have 1 child under 3 that doesn't count against occupancy.

1 of the infants will count because you can only have 1 child under 3 that doesn't count against occupancy.

So in that case, when it states that it can sleep 5 but the 5th must bring their own bedding/linens it can actually sleep 6 as long as one is an infant?

Their only legal options for Disney, including DVC, will be for units that officially sleep 5. For DVC, that's 1 BR units, for Disney it's Suites and certain rooms at places like PO Riverside and some of the deluxe units.

So in that case, when it states that it can sleep 5 but the 5th must bring their own bedding/linens it can actually sleep 6 as long as one is an infant?
That's correct for the DVC 1 BR units.

Thank you, that is what they are looking at. We're still outside of 7 months so I just went to disney's site to check the cash options and it said that they would be over occupancy. That threw me.

Thank you both for your responses!

Thank you, that is what they are looking at. We're still outside of 7 months so I just went to disney's site to check the cash options and it said that they would be over occupancy. That threw me.

Technically and legally all 1 BR except most AKV & BLT 1BR units are occupancy 4 including OKW even with the extra chair, DVC just allows 5 and will give you 1 above under 3. CRO's site is absolute by the stated occupancy of the given resorts, don't let it throw you.

Their only legal options for Disney, including DVC, will be for units that officially sleep 5. For DVC, that's 1 BR units, for Disney it's Suites and certain rooms at places like PO Riverside and some of the deluxe units.

Technically and legally all 1 BR except most AKV & BLT 1BR units are occupancy 4 including OKW even with the extra chair, DVC just allows 5 and will give you 1 above under 3. CRO's site is absolute by the stated occupancy of the given resorts, don't let it throw you.

To sum it up: The only WDW DVC 1 bedroom units that will allow 5 plus an infant are BLT and AKV (except value category).

Only one infant can be excluded from the occupancy count for the other WDW DVC 1 bedroom villas. So while all of the other WDW DVC 1 Bedrooms (SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV, VWL) will allow 5 of any age, it is not 5 plus an infant. No bedding is provided for the 5th occupant.

Dacky - if MS accepts a reservation in a 1 bedroom for the party of 6 (I don't think they will, but they might for OKW), I wouldn't worry about it - other than figuring out how to accommodate the 5th and 6th persons.

Just to give everyone a heads up on the situation I brought up: I just called MS to try to get their response and the woman I was talking to said of course they would all fit, you just need to request two pack and plays. She brought it up on her computer and said there were no issues with having 4+ 2 infants in a one bedroom at the boardwalk. I kind of pushed her to check and make sure that was ok, and that is when she came back saying that 4+1 infant was the max they could fit in that one bedroom. Although she knows she has booked more than that in those rooms.

So overall, we're still confused. a good thing that our friends love AKL because the one bedrooms there do allow 5+1.

Just to give everyone a heads up on the situation I brought up: I just called MS to try to get their response and the woman I was talking to said of course they would all fit, you just need to request two pack and plays. She brought it up on her computer and said there were no issues with having 4+ 2 infants in a one bedroom at the boardwalk. I kind of pushed her to check and make sure that was ok, and that is when she came back saying that 4+1 infant was the max they could fit in that one bedroom. Although she knows she has booked more than that in those rooms.

So overall, we're still confused. a good thing that our friends love AKL because the one bedrooms there do allow 5+1.
It'll only get worse when you ask another CM and get a different answer. I'd say make the reservation for the 6 if that's what your friends want and see what happens. That puts the onus on DVC/Disney. Just don't be surprised if you are told no when you try.

Can Saratoga Springs one bedroom villa sleep 5?

I am traveling with my friend and her dd7, and myself, my dd18 and ds7...I know we can fit in the room fine...will they ALLOW 5 in the room?

texasteacher35 said:

I am traveling with my friend and her dd7, and myself, my dd18 and ds7...I know we can fit in the room fine...will they ALLOW 5 in the room?

It depends on the ages of the people staying. We are 5 but my youngest is 7 so they allowed us all to stay.

Officially 4 but DVC allows 5. You will have a king bed and a queen sleeper sofa. No sleeper chair at SSR.

DVC allows 5 people in all one-bedrooms accept AKV value rooms, and it doesn't matter the ages. At WDW, only AKV, BLT, and OKW actually provide bedding for that 5th person. At SSR, you can fit 5 but you will need to bring your own air mattress and linens.

6624Ng said:
It depends on the ages of the people staying. We are 5 but my youngest is 7 so they allowed us all to stay.

There will be my DD18, my DS7, myself, my friend (adult) and her DD7. Do you think they will allow it?

My DD17, DS6 and I stayed at Boardwalk villas last summer, just the 3 of us and we all three slept in the king bed, never broke open the sleeper...in the 1 bedroom villa. Lol

DebbieB said:
Officially 4 but DVC allows 5. You will have a king bed and a queen sleeper sofa. No sleeper chair at SSR.

Right, I have stayed there before, but only had 4 people. Thanks so much!!!! This time it's just a moms' trip with my friend and our kiddos. :)

There will be my DD18, my DS7, myself, my friend (adult) and her DD7. Do you think they will allow it?

My DD17, DS6 and I stayed at Boardwalk villas last summer, just the 3 of us and we all three slept in the king bed, never broke open the sleeper...in the 1 bedroom villa. Lol
In a 1 BR yes,not in a studio. The problem with a 1 BR is the sleeping arrangements. Either adults have to sleep together or one has to sleep on the pull out. I'd do a 1 BR that has a second BR for such a group.

In a 1 BR yes,not in a studio. The problem with a 1 BR is the sleeping arrangements. Either adults have to sleep together or one has to sleep on the pull out. I'd do a 1 BR that has a second BR for such a group.

Did you mean a 1 bedroom that has a 2nd bathroom and a sleep chair? Or a 2 bedroom?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter