DVC Occupancy Thread Part 2

Sooooo confused! If I have two adults, two seven year olds, and two infants, can we stay in ANY one bedroom?? The infants don't count anywhere else and we don't need the extra sleeper bed. If they only allow four + an infant and not four + 2 infants...this doesn't really make sense to me. Thanks for any info on this situation!

When you have more than one child under the age of three, only one will not count towards occupancy. All the rest will. So, like Chuck says, you are a family of five plus one. Once your little ones turn three, you will be a family of six unless you pick up a few more babies along the way. ;)

Ha! No more babies here!! They keep surprising us...coming by twos! I know two bedrooms are in our future and I'm glad some one bedrooms will still have us. Just wish we had more hotel options! We love Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge! Funny that you can put five large adults in one room, but two infants puts you over!

I think I have asked this question before, but I can't find the answer, so here it goes. We are on a waiting list for BCV and when we get our points I am wondering if a studio or 1 BR will hold 3 adults and 2 children age 7?

I think I have asked this question before, but I can't find the answer, so here it goes. We are on a waiting list for BCV and when we get our points I am wondering if a studio or 1 BR will hold 3 adults and 2 children age 7?

You would need a 1-bedroom. All though the stated occupancy for a BCV 1-bedroom is 4 plus one under the age of 3, DVC will allow 5 over the age of three to be on the reservation.

DVC will only allow 4 plus one under the age of 3 on a reservation for a Studio.

To add to what Michael said, a Beach Club One Bedroom has a king size bed and a queen size sofabed in the living room. The resort will not provide any additional bedding (cots, rollaways, air beds, etc.) You will have to make your own arrangements if your party will not be comfortable in the accommodations provided.

One Bedroom villas at Old Key West, Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Villa (non Value rooms) are larger and have a twin-size sleeper chair for a 5th guest.

Anyone recommend a decent cheep air mattress ? DS 15 does not want to sleep in pull out with DD 12.

Thinking of getting a cheap one on Amamzon delivered to DVC and either laave it there or pass it along to someone.

How do you deal with this situation?

1 BR would be fine for us, My eldest daughter can sleep in the same bed as my twins which wouldnot bother her she did it before when we were there last.

Anyone recommend a decent cheep air mattress ? DS 15 does not want to sleep in pull out with DD 12.

Thinking of getting a cheap one on Amamzon delivered to DVC and either laave it there or pass it along to someone.

How do you deal with this situation?

Just get a twin sized aerobed and it will have a carrying bag with it. It rolls up really small and you could carry it on the plane if you are flying.

I am on the lookout for purchasing into DVC. Although we are looking at OKW, we are open to other resort options. My concern is housing our family of 5 with our youngest being 5. Most of the options jump from 4 to 8. Is it possible/permissible to put 5 in a 1 bedroom? If not, what other options exist?

You are permitted to have 5 in a 1BR. However, only the 1BRs at OKW, BLT and AKV (other than value rooms) have bedding for five (each of those has a sleeper chair in the living room besides the pull-out couch). For other resorts you need to bring a sleeping bag, air mattress, or something else.

The 1 bedroom villas at Bay Lake and Kidani Village have a 2nd full bath. This would come in handy for a family of five.

We were a family of 5 when we purchased. My kids were then 5, 3 and 1. I bought enough points for a 1BR in BLT for an EOY trip. So far we have stayed at AKV Jambo 1 BR, OKW 2 BR and VGC 1 BR.

Now we are a family of 6, and still book 1BR @ BCV and BWV. We'll probably do this until our youngest is 3 then we'll have to move to 2BRs. Otherwise, 1 BRs have always been the plan.

It may be because two of mine are teenagers but I would hate to do 5 in a 1 bedroom, we always try and bank and borrow and go less often so when we do we can have a 2 bedroom

...Now we are a family of 6, and still book 1BR @ BCV and BWV. We'll probably do this until our youngest is 3 then we'll have to move to 2BRs. Otherwise, 1 BRs have always been the plan.

This is confusing because MS doesn't allow six in the one bedrooms that only sleep four (you can have four plus one under the age of three or five aged three and older).

This is confusing because MS doesn't allow six in the one bedrooms that only sleep four (you can have four plus one under the age of three or five aged three and older).
This is where I'm confused - several have replied that have stayed with 5 (or more), but the descriptions state "sleeps 4, can have 5 if under 3". How are you guys doing this?

The website where you do your online booking now states, at least for Beach Club and Boardwalk, that a one bedroom will sleep 4, but allows 5 adults if you provide your own bedding.
Maybe this will help. My husband and I have 3 adult children, unmarried, who live in 3 different cities. One of them is a Disney employee, working at Walt Disney World right now! Anyway, over the years, we have done different scenarios, from for example, reserving a 2 bedroom, only to have 2 of them come, hence too much space, to reserving a 1 bedroom and having our daughter who has her own apartment, stay with us, making 5 in the one bedroom! (She has 4 roommates, so she likes to move out for a bit!)
Bottom line, it depends on your family. We can share a bedroom, and we see each other so seldom that the closer quarters are fine. Our daughter usually puts a blow up mattress somewhere. The men in my family are 6' and taller if that helps. Bay Lake Tower with the 2nd bath makes that a better choice when possible. And of course 2 bedrooms is better, but I only have 200 points, so I like to budget them!
That said, this past Christmas, the five of us were in a one bedroom at Beach Club Villas. My brother and his family were staying at Port Orleans, and my cousin and her husband drove up from Palm Beach County for the day and we had a nice Christmas Dinner and celebration in our room, with some walks around the lake for atmosphere. It was lovely, lots of good memories!

So, I've only had our membership for 3 years, but I have been able to book my family of 6 (one under 3) on BCV and BWV without problems.

I don't know if this has changed, or hast just been an implicit rule.

This is where I'm confused - several have replied that have stayed with 5 (or more), but the descriptions state "sleeps 4, can have 5 if under 3". How are you guys doing this?

I have seen others mention it - and I have always refuted it with my experience. The site did allow me to book it - did it twice. Once for BCV and another for BWV.

Not sure if this change happened when the online reservations opened, or it has always been there but has been blocked by MS given their understanding of the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter