DVC Member PAP Special Pricing - Update Post 133

Amex is running a deal with Florida Ticket Station. Its $25 off. Would I be able to buy tickets from this company and upgrade to a DVC Premium Annual Pass once I get there?

Confused..

We are in the World Halloween week and our AP expires in Nov. We go again in March, then will pick Nov. This is our regular pattern.We are DVC members and trying to decide if this is worth it. We usually buy when it is trip time and fit in 3 trips. If we do this and save they would expire in Nov 2013 based on purchase? Right?
What I would suggest is before December 31 contact MS and purchase the PAP vouchers (or exchange certificates or will-call). When you go in March, then activate the vouchers to live passes. They will be good until that same date in March 2014.

Amex is running a deal with Florida Ticket Station. Its $25 off. Would I be able to buy tickets from this company and upgrade to a DVC Premium Annual Pass once I get there?
Yes. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information on how to handle it. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

What I would suggest is before December 31 contact MS and purchase the PAP vouchers (or exchange certificates or will-call). When you go in March, then activate the vouchers to live passes. They will be good until that same date in March 2014.

Yes. If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information on how to handle it. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Thanks! I will check it out. I have upgraded to an annual pass with tickets I got through a package in the past but, never through a 3rd party seller.

We are going down for thanksgiving week. I've pre-purchased 2 6 day PH w/ WPFM and ws planning on getting two more at check in. Can I upgrade the pre-purchased tickets at OKW?

I don't really understand the using them first part people mention.

We are going down for thanksgiving week. I've pre-purchased 2 6 day PH w/ WPFM and ws planning on getting two more at check in. Can I upgrade the pre-purchased tickets at OKW?

I don't really understand the using them first part people mention.
No. You cannot do anything related to a live AP at any Resort. It must be done at a Park ticket or Guest Relations window.

Six day adult hopper with WPF&M is worth $357. Promo PAP is $399. Difference is $42 plus $2.73 tax equals $44.73 each to upgrade.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #7 and Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

No. You cannot do anything related to a live AP at any Resort. It must be done at a Park ticket or Guest Relations window.

Six day adult hopper with WPF&M is worth $357. Promo PAP is $399. Difference is $42 plus $2.73 tax equals $44.73 each to upgrade.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #7 and Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Thanks.

There are 4 of us all together. Should I get two more hoppers in advance to upgrade all 4 when I get there or should I just wait and get the PAP's when we get there? Is there an advantage one way or the other?

Is there a guest services location outside of the gates at MK? We have tickets that we are upgrading to PAPs (City Hall CMs put an exception on them to allow us to do the upgrade past the normal 14 days), but they are technically considered "dead" as far as the gates are concerned, so won't be able to use them to enter the park.

Is there a place at MK outside of the gates that I can use to do the upgrade?

(I always assumed I'd go to City Hall, but then it just hit me that the tix won't work at the gate!!!)

Thanks!!!

I bought 7 day MYW tickets from UT last spring (prior to price increase) and thinking of upgrading our tickets to PAP when we go this November. I read the sticky about activating the tickets first to get the current value for reimbursement but I am still unclear how much they will credit me?

Will they deduct 1 day from my ticket or give me the full value?

If I don't don't activate them will they give me the same $amt that I paid UT or the value that Disney was charging at that time?
Would appreciate any clarification!:)

1. If you use the ticket first, they will then "bridge" the price to the current gate value of the ticket.

2. If you do not use the ticket first, they will only allow you the wholesale amount Disney got when it sold the ticket to UCT.

3. Any time you upgrade a ticket, it is as if you had the new ticket from the start, so they don't deduct anything.

Is there a guest services location outside of the gates at MK? We have tickets that we are upgrading to PAPs (City Hall CMs put an exception on them to allow us to do the upgrade past the normal 14 days), but they are technically considered "dead" as far as the gates are concerned, so won't be able to use them to enter the park.

Is there a place at MK outside of the gates that I can use to do the upgrade?

(I always assumed I'd go to City Hall, but then it just hit me that the tix won't work at the gate!!!)

Thanks!!!

MK Guest Services to the right of stroller rental. All parks have guest services you can access prior to entering and there is one at Downtown Disney, too.

Cheshire, on another thread someone commented that if you upgraded the newly discount DVC PAP to the premiere, that they will only give you a $399 credit and not the full price of the PAP. Is this true? Have you had any experience with this yet?

I am really close to ordering UT tickets and then bridging them to upgrade to PAP after the first use. Does anyone know how long it takes to do this at the ticket booth? Is it really complicated? Also, can you use your ticket to enter the park and upgrade right after you enter, or are you better off waiting until the end of the day or the next day? Just a little worried that there will be complications, since I've never done this before, and the discounted PAP is new. I did check out the sticky. What a great piece of information! Thank you Cheshire. Just looking for experiences from people who have done this recently, especially with the discounted PAP.

333disneymom said:
I am really close to ordering UT tickets and then bridging them to upgrade to PAP after the first use. Does anyone know how long it takes to do this at the ticket booth? Is it really complicated? Also, can you use your ticket to enter the park and upgrade right after you enter, or are you better off waiting until the end of the day or the next day? Just a little worried that there will be complications, since I've never done this before, and the discounted PAP is new. I did check out the sticky. What a great piece of information! Thank you Cheshire. Just looking for experiences from people who have done this recently, especially with the discounted PAP.

I bought discounted tickets from UT back in June before the price increase. I went to the parks (MK) this past Saturday at 6-7 ish, we stopped at guest relations outside the park on the way out 10-11 ish and upgraded no problem whatsoever, the total came out to the same total I figured out before hand and it took no more than 5-10 mins for the whole transaction.

MK Guest Services to the right of stroller rental. All parks have guest services you can access prior to entering and there is one at Downtown Disney, too.

Thanks Sammie!!! I was worried that I'd have to go to TTC instead. So glad I can do it at MK!!!

leelee9878 said:
I bought discounted tickets from UT back in June before the price increase. I went to the parks (MK) this past Saturday at 6-7 ish, we stopped at guest relations outside the park on the way out 10-11 ish and upgraded no problem whatsoever, the total came out to the same total I figured out before hand and it took no more than 5-10 mins for the whole transaction.

Thanks so much. That is want I was hoping to hear:)

I will purchase a DVC PAP December 6, 2012.

Can I purchase another DVC PAP voucher at the same time which would be activated November 2013? ( A few days before the first pass expires)

I would have two annual passes active at the same time, but with different end dates?

Is that possible?

RumpleMom said:
I will purchase a DVC PAP December 6, 2012.

Can I purchase another DVC PAP voucher at the same time which would be activated November 2013? ( A few days before the first pass expires)

I would have two annual passes active at the same time, but with different end dates?

Is that possible?

I think if you buy it in person, it's an activated PAP. If you order online, you can get a voucher, which can be mailed to you. That one you can hold to activate in 2013.

That's my understanding.

Ok...I have an UT pass, 8 day expiring hopper. I had planned to use that in Dec. Usually have a DVC AP but wasn't going to go this Dec and then changed my mind.
So....I figured I would now use my ph to get into MK on my first day, then upgrade it to the discounted DVC PAP. But, can I also then buy a discounted PAP online, at DVC?? For later use next year??? Or can you do it just once, per person??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter